Getting on people's nerves
Overpowered
Getting to pervy
Not enough paragraphs

Same here, lmao.
KansasVenomoth wrote:
Pomkeki wrote:
- I love OOC.
I used to roleplay in a place that had a very active OOC chat attached to the IC chat. Ever since then I find it very hard to roleplay in dead silence - I like to chat between posts, especially when roleplaying in groups. When I wasn't in the mood to roleplay I'd stay in OOC and watch IC so I can keep up with what's going on in the RP while I socialize. I only consider this a flaw because it's incredibly hard for me to find people who are equally social during RP... I can't help but feel lonely or like my partners dislike me when there isn't any OOC.

- I try to avoid combat.
And not for the reasons you probably expect. I love combat, I love writing it, I love giving my characters unique and complex fighting styles, and I spend an enormous amount of time figuring out my characters skills and weaknesses in the realm of combat... But I hate senseless or unnecessary conflict. I'm a hardcore pacifist in the real world, so sometimes it's hard for me to fight when I'm thinking "why can't we just talk about this?" and it's proven to be a weakness of mine whenever I play in a high crime setting or when I play as a villain.

- I'm a pervert.
I thoroughly enjoy stupid ecchi anime humor and crap like that, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority and nobody else cares for that stuff in roleplay. Oh well. I'll just sit in my corner of shame and pretend that I'm not a complete weirdo.

- I have a weakness for a certain archetype.
My characters vary quite a bit in personality and all of that, but... I have absolutely no self control around a particular archetype. Regardless of who I'm playing, I'm drawn to them. I want to tease them and hug them and make them feel all kinds of flustered!

I'm sure I have plenty of writing flaws too, but I don't care to pick them out. If I think about all of my flaws too much I'll put myself in a bad mood. </3

This one speaks to me on so many levels, it's not even funny.

Pomkeki preaches nothing but truth here haha!
Pomkeki wrote:
- I'm a pervert.
I thoroughly enjoy stupid ecchi anime humor and crap like that, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority and nobody else cares for that stuff in roleplay. Oh well. I'll just sit in my corner of shame and pretend that I'm not a complete weirdo.

My characters vary quite a bit in personality and all of that, but... I have absolutely no self control around a particular archetype. Regardless of who I'm playing, I'm drawn to them. I want to tease them and hug them and make them feel all kinds of flustered!

All of what you've said rings so deadly true with me, but these two right here. This is me. All me. And I am not even sorry.
Pomkeki

Edit: Forget it
KansasVenomoth Topic Starter

Pomkeki wrote:
I'm pleased to see that some of you can relate, and that I'm not the only pervert around here! :P

Let's just form a circle of perverts :P
My weaknesses are

I can't seem to keep interested in a plot for very long.

When I get board with something my posts get shorter.
And that causes my characters to suffer a lot.

.I have a weakness for any character (usually male) with a child like personality,teasing, whinny, complaining, though I hate it when their overly dense.

.im a romance addict with a short attention span

.im an obsessive shipper
This is a very interesting topic and has caused me to look inward to my own weaknesses.

-I am careful of my relationships to the point of being cold. Not only once, but quite a few times, have I been told that I have been too cold when others try to be friendly (very friendly) to me. This usually happens when others ask personal information from me (which I loathe to give away), or try to flirt with me OOCly. I do not flirt back on most occasions.

-I enjoy picking up many different stories at once! Until I have too many and collapse under their weight. As an aspiring writer, it is important to attempt to write about everything and to be able to write with anyone! However, I often reach my limit and it is often too late to drop stories. So it becomes a juggling act, until I forget to catch the pins in the confusion. I also have assignments from my college in between the different stories, which take priority in my juggling act. This is why I am so very thankful for those that remind me of the stories that I am involved in.

-I like structured games over general adventures, but sometimes I offer too much information up front. Despite my secretive nature, when it comes to pen and paper games, I am the most talkative person and I wish to convey as much information at once, which can be mind-boggling to others. I am online at brief moments and only have these moments to inform others.
Gosh so many of these hit so close to home ;-; Like me too everyone hang in there

Uhh I have way too many characters. With so many one-character RPs on this site, it takes me ages to decide anything and i'm never happy with the character I pick out, and then I lose interest and feel sick about the whole thing

In general Ive got a bad habit of bailing on any RP I try to start just to avoid having to come up with more plot points because it's tiiiiirriiiing....

My actual writing's full of run-on sentences probably omg. I WOULDN'T KNOW BECAUSE I NEVER PROOFREAD OOPS

Also, if my characters have any sort of in-depth world or bg I have to physically restrain myself from dumping constant large amounts of exposition, like buddy this has nothing to do with the RP at hand you might want to tone it down a notch there

Also also, without some kind of OOC chat, i'm like twice more likely to ditch a RP. Like if I'm your friend and we can discuss character stuff outside, I'm going to be so excited to continue, but otherwise it feels like it doesn't really matter if I bail D:
TheHero1208

Welp, I a sure am glad to know we all have a bit of problems, ehehe, and now I can share mine, woot woot!

Now, where to begin? Well, firstly, I can be a bit too ambitious for my own good, meaning I'll have this awesome plot thought up in my head, and I'll have all these epic scenes planned out and stuff... And then I'll lose interest if the plot doesn't proceed fast enough. Especially when I have to wait a long time for a reply. I know, I'm ashamed of myself too ;n;

Also, I guess my sentences do get a bit... not makey-sensy at times I guess. For example, I'll have stuff written about one thing then blam, we'll be talking about another.
I'm also kinda bad at pacing... okay, pretty bad. Like, I feel like fights should be long and devastating (damn you Dragonball!) and the whole world hangs in the balance... so things can be a bit drawn out at times.

As for some other things... I tend to write my characters somewhat powerfully... And I hate feeling like I'm being a power-crazed maniac, or something. I dunno, it just makes me feel guilty, because I think my partner isn't having fun and I'm like "Hmmm, maybe I should have this guy struggle... Yeah, and" so forth and so on.

So... I think that's it, maybe?
Probably my BIGGEST flaw is that I'm really slow at replying. I try to be fast, I just... have a pretty busy life and tend not to notice time flying by, especially when I'm working a lot (a full day at work doesn't feel like a "real day" to me, so I only feel like I'm late replying if I let an actual day off go by without posting, which is a problem when sometimes I work 6-8 days in a row).

After that--I'm a very "mental narrative" RPer, I like to write my character's thoughts and internal reactions out at length, but sometimes I get so involved in having them react to what came before that I forget to have them do something for the other player(s) to react to. I'm trying harder to catch myself when I do that and check over my posts to make sure I've included kind of action or statement to move the plot forward before I post, but sometimes I feel "done" because I've written out all their thoughts, and forget that a post that's mostly internal monologue doesn't help the other player. (It didn't help that I used to be on a game that explicitly rewarded that because the person who judged in-character competitions liked it... really hoping I can break the habit now that I'm out of there!)
Yuka

I'm still too used to Furcadia's fast-paced 'in the moment' responses to things, so I tend to lose interest fairly rapidly in RPR-based discussions.
I'd have to say my biggest flaw is maintaining a consistent multi-paragraph chain of responses going. I often feel very pressured to do so because a lot of people on this site seem to demand it or otherwise cast you aside, and I struggle to do such things because I find I can only describe something in so many words before making myself look like the next boring edition of Webster's. Perhaps part of that is my own complaint to others for doing it, but I honestly have a hard time managing two or more paragraphs with every post.

Another thing I guess is that I'm a little picky when it comes to how people write into the story at the start of something. Like, I can tell right away if I'll enjoy roleplaying with them or not, and I don't like breaking things off early and seeming rude, but I also don't want to drag on into something I don't want to do. There's a lot of people I've tried to roleplay with that will post in ways that seem designed to make you as the responder have to drive everything plot related, and it bugs the mess out of me. I can not get into a roleplay unless the other person helps me just as much as I help them to develop a plot.

I guess my last thing is I'm both easily discouraged and too picky about my partners. I have a very hard time finding what I want to do on the site, mainly because people start roleplays about things I know nothing about, or because the rest are all basically the same thing with a different cast. I guess that's just my own tastes not being there for others, but I suppose you could call it a flaw.
Pomkeki

Edit: Forget it
Timeliness
IRL problems and my hobbies stuff take up too much of my time to the point that I almost forget that I still have other people waiting for me to respond to them. It definitely makes me feel all kinds of horrible emotions stirring up inside whenever I chat to my RP partner, OOC or IC, whose reply was already a long time ago and still requires the overdue reply it deserves. :c It causes me even greater sadness if the person I'm talking to has deleted their account and I have no way to contact them again just to say my appreciation and regards. That's why I'm so thankful to my friends and RP partners now who have been so very patient with me.

Inability to Match Players' Linguistic Proficiency
English isn't my first language but I love learning more about it specifically concerning vocabulary. Despite this, however, I sometimes find myself trying too hard to match my RP partner's proficiency in the language and forget about having fun with the roleplay in general, and it drives me insane. It takes time to learn, I know, but the frustration just builds up.

Everything else is explained by Pomkeki. Lmao.
Pomkeki wrote:
- I love OOC.
I used to roleplay in a place that had a very active OOC chat attached to the IC chat. Ever since then I find it very hard to roleplay in dead silence - I like to chat between posts, especially when roleplaying in groups. When I wasn't in the mood to roleplay I'd stay in OOC and watch IC so I can keep up with what's going on in the RP while I socialize. I only consider this a flaw because it's incredibly hard for me to find people who are equally social during RP... I can't help but feel lonely or like my partners dislike me when there isn't any OOC.

- I try to avoid combat.
And not for the reasons you probably expect. I love combat, I love writing it, I love giving my characters unique and complex fighting styles, and I spend an enormous amount of time figuring out my characters skills and weaknesses in the realm of combat... But I hate senseless or unnecessary conflict. I'm a hardcore pacifist in the real world, so sometimes it's hard for me to fight when I'm thinking "why can't we just talk about this?" and it's proven to be a weakness of mine whenever I play in a high crime setting or when I play as a villain.

I probably have other flaws but I figured that these are the major ones I face a lot. :|
KansasVenomoth wrote:
Pomkeki wrote:
I'm pleased to see that some of you can relate, and that I'm not the only pervert around here! :P

Honestly, I'd be more than happy to be apart of this group.

My top flaw is definitely gonna have to be being the one perverted person who tries to squish in suggestive things or mature things as much as I can. Though I am atleast able to avoid doing so when a RP partner says they are not comfortable with that. Now for other flaws...
-Sentence structure
-Making a plot on my own yet i can come up with very small random scenarios that aren't to important
-Being more of the characters who are easy to manipulate,fluster,upset,etc. though I am practicing at trying different personalities.
KansasVenomoth Topic Starter

SyakeSan wrote:
KansasVenomoth wrote:
Pomkeki wrote:

Honestly, I'd be more than happy to be apart of this group.

My top flaw is definitely gonna have to be being the one perverted person who tries to squish in suggestive things or mature things as much as I can. Though I am atleast able to avoid doing so when a RP partner says they are not comfortable with that. Now for other flaws...
-Sentence structure
-Making a plot on my own yet i can come up with very small random scenarios that aren't to important
-Being more of the characters who are easy to manipulate,fluster,upset,etc. though I am practicing at trying different personalities.

I certainly have a habit of making innuendos like that one scene from the Cat in the Hat, lol.

Perhaps we should RP with one another, we seem to be quite similar.
Simple answer: when you don't know what to do next 😐😐😐
- I have trouble with quantity, whether it be for essays, lab reports, roleplay, anything; i.e I tend to have difficulty reaching the minimum length requirement.

- I don't know how to combat.

- I don't have much time during the school months.
I am ruled by anxiety and am very critical of my writing/ideas. This results in chickening out when it comes to rping at times or doing something I would really like to. Under that same issue, I can be pretty easily discouraged and too shy to ask for rp from other people. It's a mean little cycle, especially because I am self-aware about the issue.

I also have alt-itis. I make way too many characters and I worry it may annoy people I rp with. So...Sorry! |ο½₯Π΄ο½₯)οΎ‰
FreeJayFly wrote:
Oh *God...

I play inherently good characters. Like... playing a villain is almost lost on me. I can play pretty mean characters that can and will be violent toward those that are antagonistic, but overall, a lot of the characters I play are just... always leaning toward good, or the neutral grounds of things.

Right there is one of my flaws. That i, correcting lower case j's, g's, c's, etc... People, for whatever reason, find it to be very annoying.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Roleplaying Flaws

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus