Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » OFFICIAL 2017 Warrior Discussion Topic

Kim Site Admin

This is the official thread for Epic Week 2017 adventurers to discuss battling their way to the booster rockets!

This is a multiplayer game. Almost every monster is too strong for a solo warrior to defeat -- you'll need to coordinate with your friends and other warriors to make sure you all attack the same monster at once.

There's a new round every 5 minutes. Your stamina and (most) monster HP resets to full at the beginning of every round. Team up to defeat harder monsters before the round ends!

Monsters frequently spawn near the rockets, preventing access to the construction efforts.

The rockets can only be made ready to fly by activating all 10 "nodes" in their flight computers. Therefore, warriors may wish to coordinate with those in the Riddle topic to clear the way only when the Riddle team thinks they have an answer to a node figured out and need to try it.
The following is what I have been able to gather so far about all enemies combat-relevant items. If you see something I'm missing, please let me know! If I'm not around, please PM me!

Need weapons or healing items? Visit The Epic Armory!

Visiting here about every half hour may earn you bonus items!

Note: Missing an attack may destroy scrap!

Please try to keep repairing your ray guns! We don't get many of them, but they are one of our best weapons! Other weapons can be repaired this way, too. :)

Weapons

Fists - Infinitely usable, but only deals straight 1d4 damage and may be resisted by any enemy.

Energy Sword - Appears to be ideal against green enemies. Other enemies take reduced damage. Increased accuracy and dodging. Can come in different colors (wait until your sword has 1 use left before applying crystal for best effect!).
Stats
Damage type: Piercing
Attack bonus: 3
Damage Dice: 1d8
Damage Bonus: 2
Crit Threshold: 18
Crit Multiplier: 2
AC Bonus: 4

Alien Honor Blade - Appears to be ideal against pink enemies. Other enemies take reduced damage. Appears to sometimes deal a couple points extra damage via insult to honor.
Stats
Damage type: Slashing
Attack bonus: 5
Damage Dice: 2d8
Damage Bonus: 3
Crit Threshold: 20
Crit Multiplier: 3

Ray Gun - Appears to be ideal against purple enemies. Other enemies take reduced damage.
Hardest-hitting multi-use weapon.
Stats
Damage type: Energy
Damage Dice: 3d8
Damage Bonus: 4
Crit Threshold: 19

Noble Rapier - Appears to be ideal against green enemies. Other enemies take reduced damage. Increased accuracy.
Stats
Damage type: Piercing
Damage Dice: 1d8
Damage Bonus: 2
Crit Threshold: 18
Crit Multiplier: 2
AC Bonus: 4

Wicked Battle Axe - Appears to be ideal against pink enemies. Other enemies take reduced damage.
Stats
Damage type: Slashing
Damage Dice: 2d8
Damage Bonus: 3

Pineapple Grenade - One-use high-damage item. Equally useful against all enemies.
Stats
Damage type: All
Attack bonus: 10
Damage Dice: 6d8
Damage Bonus: 5

Rocket Launcher - One-use high-damage item. Equally useful against all enemies.
Stats
Damage type: All
Attack bonus: 10
Damage Dice: 8d10
Damage Bonus: 5
Crit Threshold: 19

Healing/Protection

Party Hat of Healing - Heals 5-15 health.

Super Party Hat of Healing - Heals half your total health.

Stimspray - Recovery from blight and poison. May sometimes be received when turning in scrap.

Medicinal Plant - Recovery from blight and poison.

Walrus - Not a usable item. An owned walrus may randomly absorb some of the damage meant for you.

Status Effects

Poison - Reduces accuracy, making it harder to hit enemies and more likely you'll destroy scrap for the ships.

Blight - Prevents normal healing users get every 5 minutes.

To remove these, use a stimspray or a medicinal herb.

Enemies

Most enemies require multiple people to kill it. All enemies except boss types will fully heal every 5 minutes (so don't start attacking one if there's just a minute or two left!). New enemies spawn at the top of every hour, and whenever a node is correctly answered.

Larval Alien Green. 25 HP. Weak to energy sword and rapier.
Stats
AC: 10
Attack bonus: 0
Damage: 1d4

Jumping Larval Alien - Pink. 75 HP. Weak to honor blade and axe.
Stats
AC: 11
Attack bonus: 1
Damage: 1d6
Crit Range: 20

Levitating Larval Alien - Purple. 100 HP. Weak to ray gun.
Stats
Attack bonus: 2
Damage: 1d8

"Noisy Cricket" Xenobeast - Green. 125 HP. Poisons. Weak to energy sword and rapier.
Stats
Damage: 1d6

Fiendish "Noisy Cricket" Xenobeast - Pink. 250 HP. Poisons. Weak to honor blade and axe.
Stats
AC: 12
Damage: 1d8

Acidic "Noisy Cricket" Xenobeast - Purple. 375 HP. Poisons. Weak to ray gun.
Stats
AC: 13
Damage: 1d10
Crit Range: 19

Basilisk Xenobeast - Green. 75 HP. Weak to energy blade and rapier.
Stats
Damage: 2d6

Frenzied Basilisk Xenobeast - Pink. 150 HP. Weak to honor blade and axe.
Stats
Damage: 2d8

Toxic Basilisk Xenobeast - Purple. 225 HP. Weak to ray gun.
Stats
Damage: 2d10
Crit Range: 18

Hulking Xenobeast - Green. 200 HP. Weak to energy blade and rapier.
Stats
Damage: 2d6

Heavy Hulking Xenobeast - Pink. 400 HP. Blight. Weak to honor blade and axe.
Stats
Damage: 2d8

Brutal Hulking Xenobeast - Purple. 600 HP. Status effects? Highly resistant to all blades; use ray guns, grenades, and rocket launchers only.
Stats
Damage: 2d10

The Sarpedon - Green. 12000 HP. Poisons. Boss type; does not recover like other enemies, does not appear to have any specific resistances/weaknesses. Ray gun still recommended.
Stats
Attack bonus: 4
Damage: 4d6

The Triarii - Pink. 8000 HP. Blights. Poisons? Boss type; does not recover, no specific weaknesses/resistances.
Stats
AC: 15
Damage: 4d8
Crit Range: 17

Imperial Xenobeast - Purple. 32000 HP (appeared as 16000 initially due to a glitch). Blights and poisons. Boss type; does not recover, no specific weaknesses/resistances. Ray guns still recommended. May or may not be the final boss.
Stats
AC: 16
Damage: 4d8 5d8 3d8

GrandFinale offered up a suggestion on how to prioritize taking out enemies based on HP, allowing us to get the hardest out of the way first and leaving us with more weak enemies if they aren't cleared by respawn!
The suggestion!
1. Purple Hulk
2. Pink Hulk
3. Purple Cricket
4. Pink Cricket
5. Purple Basilisk
6. Green Hulk
7. Pink Basilisk
8. Green Cricket
9. Purple Larva
10. Green Basilisk
11. Pink Larva
12. Green Larva

An example:
6a10432b9ab09646073f8d8fcaf559a7.png
Dot

This post also saved for someone who wants to write a tips and tricks or other guide
Ilmarinen Moderator

With the weight of duty on its shoulders, Heimdall pulls last year's armaments from its display case.

We got this, guys!
TinyCentaur

Wooooo!
I already got two party hats of healing if that does anything?
With a stern look of determination, Lucreé unlocks her mythical safe. They soon smile upon the stored weapons left over from the year before. "Hello old friends. We meet once again."

The hype is real. Let's rock. *cocks ray gun*
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

TinyCentaur wrote:
Wooooo!
I already got two party hats of healing if that does anything?

They heal you after you've been injured in battle! :) The first wave of alien invaders was mowed down really fast, but don't worry, pleeeeenty more are on the way ;)
I can't take or donate anything from the treasury in the Armory group, just as a heads up. Love it if someone could give permission to do that real quick!

LightSide-Lucree wrote:
I can't take or donate anything from the treasury in the Armory group, just as a heads up. Love it if someone could give permission to do that real quick!
You have to join the group before we can change your group permissions. :)
Hmm? I did join the group already. That's strange...
Sanne Moderator

The Alien Larvae seem really vulnerable to ray guns. :)
So... how do I play this? Sorry, this is my first Epic week so I'm really clueless bout this! ^^'
*brandishes butter knife* ??? ready to tussle

Another wave is incoming in about five minutes! :D
TinyCentaur

Oh god that last one was annoying. Kept regenerating to it's full HP every time I get close to killing it.

*Licks wounds anxiously.*
Random question: has anyone tried out last year's weapons on the new enemies? Or is that even an option?

Last year's weapons will work! :)
Sanne Moderator

You mean the ray guns and rapiers and stuff?
*pumps her fist* Good to know we can still use up the last of those. Pretty sure there was an axe in the armory...
rat

the Fiendish Xenobeast is resistant to ray guns and weak to axes. (i'm not sure what kindsa damage types there are.)

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » OFFICIAL 2017 Warrior Discussion Topic

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus