Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Raid of Aftbide (OOC)

Thekaleidoscope

Also wanted yo quickly update on Tom's design and that is his left eye covered in bandages is egg white and blind while Zafira is sleeping or no power is active. Basically his glowing eye is now a only when power is active thingy.
paranoid_party

Things always get good when im working 😭 I fell off of a ladder today and i might end up going home early soon but they put me on break for now.
Thekaleidoscope

where are you working? Also ouch, I hope the falling off the ladder didn't hurt too much.
paranoid_party

I work at Subway in my local mall. And I didnt fall too far cause I hit the worktable in the back lmao but my arm is real tense right now and if I cant use my arm im mildly useless lmao
Thekaleidoscope

Ouch, that sounds rather unpleasant. Though I know the feeling as without my arms I would be rather useless too, though I do want to say It's great finally meeting another steam powered giraffe fan.
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Belated well wishes to you and your arm paranoid o_o
Beetlebelle

@Thekaleidoscope Nice to meet ya!

@paranoid_party Ouch...maybe put some ice packs on it, thats awful :(

And @itheyn! I love the sketch! Her angry little eyebrows are perfect.
Thekaleidoscope

Nice to meet you too.
paranoid_party

Yeah! I remember going to a con my freshman year of highschool and meeting up with a steampunk group, and they let introduced me to the band, it was so good.

My arm is still pretty sore but they let me go home :) Which means I get to set up my art tablet and I'm so hype
Thekaleidoscope

Because I'm really curious about this now, how into steampunk are you as a whole? Cause I know the bands are only a small part of it.
Yo, I heard I was invited to magically appear. Um, yes! I love Steam Powered Giraffe. One of my best friends from high-school sent me "Album One" back when I was living in Missouri. We had both gone to school together in San Diego, and she had been lucky enough to see them in Balboa after I moved out. Their music is like a little slice of home, always puts me in a good mood.

vfffff_by_jellyfishslayer-dbcdpi6.png
Thekaleidoscope

Omg more steam powered giraffe fans! Which is your favorite song?

Also @ilthen I'm curious as to what questions Tara would be wanting to ask Tom considering she doesn't trust him.
Iltheyn Topic Starter

What happened to his eye? how did he get there? How exactly is he hurt? The last one isn't all that weird but she'd think it was. The first is just insensitive, and the only reason she wanted to ask is because of her suspicion that, y'know. If he's hiding something, that might be literal as well as metaphorical. And how he got there would potentially reveal holes in his story, but it would seem cruel to pick apart his story because he's a frightened child.
Thekaleidoscope

All pretty legitimate questions which probably if she follows Tom to the doctor out of curiosity she should get answers to at least the first and last of those questions.
Thekaleidoscope wrote:
Omg more steam powered giraffe fans! Which is your favorite song?

Hard to pick! I've always really liked Brass Goggles, Electricity Is In My Soul, Malfunction, Captain Albert Alexander, Fire Fire, and the reprise of Steam Man Band. The newest stuff of theirs that I've heard is off the album MK III, though in general I just really love the way they set up each song to transition in their albums. Everything is set up just so well, and the way they tell their stories is exciting! What's your favorite?
Thekaleidoscope

You're right it is really hard to pick, though I do think that Captain Albert Alexander, malfunction and brass goggles are really good, my favourites come from their space opera for the full story, so fire fire, Commander Cosmo and oh no.
Beetlebelle

Whoa! New characters have joined the fray!

I'm going to mention on this thread as well that I am currently busy with finals, so I won't be able to catch up till thursday at the latest.
anon (played anonymously)

Good luck with your tests and exams, I wish you all the best
Beetlebelle

Thanks.

@iltheyn I am curious as to who that presence is in the trees, how mysterious! :3
Iltheyn Topic Starter

There are three ways you could find out. I could tell you here, though I think that'd be a bore, it'd also help give an idea as to what Marcello would "see". Alternately you could wait til they're revealed, or!

Or, you can take what we know about them and take a look at my character list. There's only one character there that shares the features I wrote.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Raid of Aftbide (OOC)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus