Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Raid of Aftbide (OOC)

Iltheyn Topic Starter

Thats not too surprising. Its not my character, but I figured if she were doing something like that it'd have to be for a very good reason. Something that would pay off better than "you get a nice place to sleep for a lil while." She seems like the kinda person to expect herself and those around her to 'earn' it instead. Just my take.

I'm sure the two of them will sort it out just fine :D Wanted to ask, actually, what kinda helmet does Katja have? Is it the bascinet that the lady has in the pic?

my family lives in a slightly more high up place so we don't usually get too much flooding, so to me that sounds really intense. If you find pics you don't mind sharing I'd like to see that!

For a friend that was pretty trashy advice. Thing about art is the same as anything else, you'll always start with a lousy job. And it can take a long time to sort through your own mistakes, especially if you don't have classes or can't afford them. If I knew her I'd give her a little retrospective arm pound.

I noticed in Iskra that you already have a decent idea about how the body moves, which is something a lot of other artists struggle with. I do a lot of detail in certain places but oftentimes I even have trouble making certain positions work. Also hands are always gonna be a pain I'm afraid Dx Or at least if you end up like me. I still slip up with them, or have to dedicate a lot of time to them.
paranoid_party

Well it's a very accurate take, thats for sure haha.

Yep, and she uses mail aventail as the padding in her helmet doesn't allow for a coif to be worn.

I just laughed about it and took a breather lol. But like, she's an underclassman too, I was like, what a disrespectful little brat. She's fantastic at clarinet too, she's such an artsy person >.<

I drew a reasonable hand like two days ago and proceeded to send like ten pictures of it to my friend, she was so done with me haha. and even then it's still pretty bad XD

Edit: In an ironic twist of fate, today I found out my family can't afford to get me a dorm room in college cause I didn't get any federal aid so I actually wont be moving out, I'll still be home my freshman year of college
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Alright. Was thinking of drawing some pics including one with Katja but didn't wanna get her helm wrong. I think I misuse aventail and coif interchangeably, which is a habit I should cut out. But I'ma read about that later. Sorry for the late reply btw, got carried away with spontaneous stuff earlier.

I just dislike drawing hands. :< Love doing stuff with them though. Like typing. And eating. That got off topic; can't say I have musical talent though. Bought a violin a while back like a loser and haven't really been comfortable enough to practice with it in the house; there's always something being watched, read, etc.

I am sorry to hear that D: but I also hope you find better luck in your second year. Or win the lottery and arrange it the first year. One of the two.
paranoid_party

You're fine, I've been sorting this college chaos out anyways so its nbd lolol

I played clarinet for about six years, all through high school and on and off in middle school. Well, except for the second half of senior year. I was too stressed for that junk lmao, I quit the band once my job as Drum Major was done and Mardi Gras was over with. I was always hopeless with string instruments, I could barely play guitar (my hands are too small for the guitars at school, stretching my pinky was always hella difficult).

Lmao yeah definitely, I hope for that too
Iltheyn Topic Starter

The guitar thing is something you and Lyssa share. She keeps a specific guitar that's technically too big for her but she wants to play on it anywho. I'm guessing you didn't necessarily enjoy playing clarinet if you dropped it from stress. Or was it the band itself?
paranoid_party

Not the whole band, just the director. Our director was a douche and it killed my spirit for the instrument. I loved it to death really, I still have my clarinet if I ever feel like playing again. I still adore the people in the band, but then I also started working more hours and it was really difficult to manage
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Yeah, I can get how hard balancing work and free time can be. Or at least I could a couple of years ago. <<' Worked in fast food. Great fun.

I was gonna add Eike to the Masquerade rp but with the way things are going I'm wondering if maybe I should hold off on that for the moment. I have ideas for Salih, but I don't want to dump it all on everyone at once or hijack the thread.
paranoid_party

That's where I work now :T Subway lmao. I get to deal with all the soccer moms and old people, and im in the mall so its even worse than usual.

Lmao take things however fast or slow you feel. I'm thinking about closing it so we don't have any more people jumping in late into the storyline though. Poor Romulus has everyone chasing him down now :(
Iltheyn Topic Starter

My condolences. x_x

If you decide to close the rp maybe we could set up pms with those who're in the rp already so if something comes up we're all on the same page. It wouldn't really have to be an ooc thread like this if you weren't thinking of opening it again, but that's just my input. Speaking of changes in rp, think we should have a time skip for this one? I could have Tara do a few things (sleep, wait, maybe read a book) that would pass time for something else.

I wish that more folks had joined this but I get why they wouldn't. And I'm not really thinking they're any more likely to join now than when I first posted it. If you think it'd be a more solid plan to invite more I could open an LFRP thread, too.
paranoid_party

A time skip is cool haha, and you can probably put up a LFRP thread, hopefully people will find a way to merge into it
Iltheyn Topic Starter

I'm probs gonna work on that LFRP thread, but I'ma write a summary for it first so that people don't have to read through it all.

Also Tara sleeps like a princess. definitely not going to drool on the pillow, throw the blanket off of the cot or get tangled in it. And definitely would never fall out of it either. Never.

^sarcasm
paranoid_party

XD Man, Katja quite literally sleeps like that, to the point she looks dead sometimes. When they had first met, Drake thought she died in her sleep and went to set up a funeral pyre for her. Imagine her face when she woke up seeing him going to pick her up and seeing a massive fire. I sketched out a little comic for it a while ago, but I never put it on my deviantart because nah. She's such a light sleeper too, so even if she does collapse from exhaustion, if someone were to start yelling she would get up. She'd be practically brain dead and absolutely weak but she would be up and try to go investigate.
Much like Iskra, she's very stubborn, but unlike Iskra she isn't quite as strong. If they fought, the only reason Katja would win would be Iskra is way too rash and doesn't wear plate armor, because "what kind of bandit would wear full plate armor, that's absolutely the shittiest idea I've ever heard." But the two of them have never fought full out, and probably never will.
Iltheyn Topic Starter

I put up the LFRP thread, now here's hoping people don't skim over that either. @_@

That's a fantastic story and I could see why you'd keep him outside the tent for this one. I think even if he knew better he might be like "sorry guys she died of exhaustion :>". Unless of course Katja's making him do this to reconcile and would be especially mad. Which I think might be the case...?

Plate armor expensive! Why keep it when you can sell it for lots of moolah? The only reason Tara has armor is because of all the crazy adventures she's already been on. Most of that stuff is just gifts from grateful people. She can offer nothing but fish in trade otherwise.

Them dueling might end the rivalry so I can see why you'd hold off on that.
paranoid_party

I read it, hopefully it attracts some good people :)

That sounds like Drake, he would definitely do something like that and just shrug it off too. Everyone would be freaking out and he'd be like "she went like a warrior :>>>>>" Which yes, it is. She knew he's salty with her so she decided to make up go get her. Maybe less for the reconciliation part, and more for the, 'you gotta learn to live with her for a little bit here' aspect.

They actually don't fight full on because they do like each other. Not romantically, but Katja is a sort of motherly force to Iskra; if push came to shove she'd probably defend the bandit king, simply because she knows not many people would. They're two women taking on male dominated fields, so they can't really risk pissing eachother off too much.

Iskra pushes that limit often though. Quite often.
Iltheyn Topic Starter

I'm gonna be adding to the summary until I'm an RP summary curator

When Tara isn't post-combat and dead tired she doesn't really mind him as much. She figures he still does tho

Aint you glad I got Amaury to push Iskra! And get pushed into a ravine, probably.
paranoid_party

Lmao

Oh Drake's gonna hold a grudge for literally forever if he's up to it. He's one of those people that like, you did something wrong to (something stupid like stealing a pencil) and they remember it forever and take every chance they can to remind you that you did it.

lolll yep that sounds about right. She may consider herself indebted to him but she sure as hell wont hesitate to push right back if she really gets irritated. She's got a lot of patience with him though, considering he did sort of save her life.
Iltheyn Topic Starter

@Dylan

You're free to join, if your character can fit into a medieval fantasy setting. I'm just seeing if that's right by you, cause I noticed your character has a rather modern profile.
Dylan (played anonymously)

I can make him a knight for this particular RP.
Iltheyn Topic Starter

That's a-ok then. If he's an independent knight you can jump right in. If you want him to be a member of paranoid's Knights of the People you would have to ask her. Bit of a run around I know xD

Edit: Because Kerik doesn't have a design in my head but Tara is very banner saga-y, I keep imagining he looks like Hogun. He acts more like Hogun's brother Mogun tho

The-Banner-Saga-Mogun.jpg.optimal.jpg
paranoid_party

Im crying lmao "I like women. They like me."

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Raid of Aftbide (OOC)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus