Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Raid of Aftbide (OOC)

anon (played anonymously)

@ iltheyn - how come when I post replies there is a link "include a dice roll with this post" . Have you used this feature before? Are we meant to use this at all?
Iltheyn Topic Starter

I'm pretty sure that's a basic feature of the site. If you accidentally click on it without intending on using it, I hear theres a way you can get it not to post but idk what it is.

Edit: NVM, if you click on it accidentally, leave it alone it won't post the dice roll.
Beetlebelle

I'm going to wait and see if the mystery thing reveals itself naturally. :>
Thekaleidoscope

@iltheyn you're doing a good job keeping the mystery going about the identity btw. I blew any mystery about what Tom was first post. Well to the players anyhow.
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Thanks! xD Some characters require a lack of mystery to grant the story the most likely curve. Like if Marcello couldn't smell ol' Tommy boy it'd be a plothole, unless tom had that covered beforehand.

@ Thekaleidoscope

I think you have done a good job bringing in Tom and describing him, there's a mixture of danger and innocence at the same time that gives an edge to your game
Beetlebelle

To clarify, is it safe to assume that Drake has walked outside with Kerik over his shoulder to take him to the medical tent?

((I was thinking of having Atoli spot them or something, unless some other character spots mine first, but what I was planning would allow Atoli to get real close first though))
Thekaleidoscope

@ iltheyn oh Marcello could smell well her technically. Though I do agree it does work properly towards leading the story towards the most natural curve. Btw, do you have ideas as to why Tom is trying to help Kerik?

@Tusitala thank you, that's really kind of you.
paranoid_party

Sorry about the late replies y'all, lmao. I've been kinda busy today, spacing out a lot lolol
Beetlebelle

No problem, Paranoid!

In the latest post you did though; how did Marcello know the smell of a harpy? I imagine that she would smell a little like the chalky scent of feathers, so smelling a bird nearby would be fine, I'm just curious for more details on the rest. :)
paranoid_party

Well he spent a lot of time in the woods as a teenager, so he grew up around a lot of different creatures. The sprites in the woods made sure to warn him about more aggressive harpies who sometimes liked to snatch their food (and in some cases of desperation or pure boredom, the sprites themselves) up, so he got used to the smell of birds feathers.

As for how he knew it was a harpy rather than just a bird, incubi and succubi have the ability to manipulate different creatures; for Marcello, since he can't see his prey, he learned to detect consciousness among the things he interacted with based on the energy they give off, so he could locate them. Humans have a weak feel to them, no matter their power; demons have a very heavy presence, while orcs presence is more intimidating; for him, a harpies presence is sort of anxiety-inducing, while the energy from animals feels almost dull. So first he had identified her based off scent, but when he caught the presence she gave off, he realized what she was. Back when he used to be more in touch with his demonic side, he'd use that to terrorize his prey, following them around even though he was blind, popping up where they were hiding, etc. Similar to the scents, creatures can have different feels to their energy, but most fall under a common umbrella for him, except for special cases of half-breeds, or things he hasn't run into before.

Which makes him a horrible incubus, as they commonly go after sleeping women; if a creature is sleeping or passed out, he can't detect them aside from smell, which is a very risky way to go about hunting anything. Which is why when the demon with Tom went to sleep, he lost it; with no physical form, when the demon disappeared it took both its scent and presence with it.

What time zones do you guys normally turn up for RP?

I am in the European time zone...
paranoid_party

I'm in Central Time, but I'm honestly on here really often throughout the day
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Eastern US here. I've been getting ok at waking up during the day but you should know my sleep cycle is out of my control. So I might be up at unorthodox hours replying sometimes anyway.

I try to be on round the clock too... keeps boredom out of my door step.
Although I am quite new to the site I do look forward to spending more time in this RP.
If I do make spelling/grammar mistakes, English is not my first language, so sorry in advance.
Thekaleidoscope

Gmt here. Means I'm closest in time to you Tusitala
Iltheyn Topic Starter

As for your question earlier Theo, I think I just found out xD Sorry for not replying immediately btw

Shall I jump in or wait for a prompt?
Thekaleidoscope

Well making Kerik understand who he is, is part of it. Tho the full part is to come in the next posts.
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Tustitala, you still have your dude in the woods heading for the village, right? By all means if you want him to go to the village you can write that, as I'm rping most of the bandits atm.

Also I eagerly await the blood sacrifice 8D

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Raid of Aftbide (OOC)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus