Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Raid of Aftbide (OOC)

Beetlebelle

Would you guys like me to join in? I have been thinking on it for a while and I have an idea on how Atoli could worm her way into the RP at this point... that is if you want a little harpy brat making all the characters angry. :>
Iltheyn Topic Starter

@paranoid_party

Yeah, he only gets worse from that point. Particularly during the second game, though I didn't get to see much of that cause I had one of the guys in the game kill him. It was relevant to the plot that he not do something so I figured "i don't need em."

Kinda regret it tho, not that much. The way he spoke by the second game you just know he was gonna do something stupid and bad. Its kinda spoiler-y to mention but not too spoiler-y because there's several ways each character can die, so it wouldn't reveal a lot to tell you that.

@Beetlebelle I'd like it. Someone else on the LFRP thread asked if they could join in too but I'm not sure they will. If they do tho that would make like four or five folks. That would be a rather sudden change but I kinda have my doubts that the other two are gonna post. Just passing curiosity maybe?
Beetlebelle

Okay, so I have an idea that Atoli could show up in search of Kerik at the request of the bandit's chief (whoever that may be) in return for payment. Her main goal would be to free Kerik and find out who and how many people are interfering with the bandit chief's plans.

It would be nice for me to know if the chief has a name.

How does that sound? :) If you have any suggestions for other motives let me know!
Iltheyn Topic Starter

I haven't made a solid identity for them yet, but I'm confident I can if I try. I've written for characters like that before... though it was in passing. Anyway. I could see an opportunistic enough chief employing her help for sure. The only problem is that I don't think he'd send her on a rescue mission. Scouting for sure, but as far as the bandits know Kerik is dead. The bandits were there when they ran out but I think its a matter of chance whether they saw him being carried away. And even if they did... Kerik is not important or well loved.

Hence why he's such a lil bastard. He knows that if the knights do what they're saying they will they won't get satisfactory information from him. He just can't provide it all; some but not all important stuff, like patrols. Kinda spoiler-y but I literally just kinda made him up on the spot so xD

That isn't to say that she couldn't decide to do it on her own. It just wouldn't be something she was told to do.
Beetlebelle

Okay, that's a good point. She'll be hired to scout then!
Iltheyn Topic Starter

If you'd prefer, I could have a part of my post that hails your character in. Like my bandit chief calling her over or meeting her in the woods on patrol.
Beetlebelle

That would be very helpful!
Iltheyn Topic Starter

What would you prefer, then; that he already knows she's there, or that they run into each other on accident?
Beetlebelle

The former, please. :) (So the chief would send her off scouting, it that makes sense)
Iltheyn Topic Starter

@paranoid_party the answer to Marcello's questions is BOOZE (and regret. BOOZE AND REGRET)

@Beetlebelle

I'ma try to start that scene with this post
Beetlebelle

Okay! I'll be ready. >:)
paranoid_party

Okie dokie ya'll I forgot this band but I just remembered them and I have a feeling yall two will like them. They're a group called Steam Powered Giraffe and they have some really great songs but my favorites happen to be Fire, Fire and Honeybee but they have a killer cover of Rhianna's Diamond. And they have one song called Brass Goggles that sort of explains the story behind their personas. It's such a wholesome band I love them.

They're a steampunk themed folk rock band but these two videos ft. Bunny before her transition (she's trans and even her persona in the band was changed to accurately portray her and it's so perfect).

Edit: BOOZE AND REGRET IM LITERALLY CRYING
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Oh, actually Lyssa introduced me to that band. And I love Bunny, we have some stuff in common. I remember looking them up one day for us to listen to and that's how we discovered the covers, which gave us a giggle because she thought I was gonna play their original songs.

Its true tho booze is Tara's calling. There was a gender bent 'what if' conversation we had where he got tired of fighting, moved to the outskirts of a small town and started brewing and farming potatoes to trade. The local children called him the potato man, and he was too drunk to stop them. Booze and regret.

Edit: YOUR ENEMY IS A COWWW
grum_by_iltheyn-dbcab1a.jpg
Beetlebelle

Oh! I have heard of them before, they've got some pretty cool songs. :)

WHOA! Great job on the Minotaur! I wasn't expecting the leader to be so scary. :>
Thekaleidoscope

OMG, you have spoken my language there, I absolutely adore steam powered giraffe and their music, partly because I am a steampunker myself. Me > 3CDEA84400000578-0-image-a-12_1486317112492.jpg I really adore their two-part space opera and how there is going to be more of it, I'm kinda sad Hatchworth left but Zero seems a great replacement.

So yeah .... ummm hi!
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Fire fire burns much brighter~

I'm gonna reply, but first I'm droppin off to say that's a really sweet design. You look ready to explore.
Thekaleidoscope

When oxygen is the supplier~

Thank you, that means a lot to me. A lot of steampunk outfits are simple civilian clothing and I wanted something different so I opted for a more heavy infantry look which doesn't seen to be done much at all.
Iltheyn Topic Starter

I'm just gonna invite Lyssa to post in this OOC chat because I think the music part of this conversation would benefit greatly from their presence.

In the meantime I'ma leave this here
Thekaleidoscope

Omg I forgot to properly introduce myself, I'm kaleidoscope, though my name is Theo. Feel free to use it, I prefer it that way. It's good to meet all of you.
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Yellow Theo! Nice to meet you too. You know who I am. Lyssa is my partner, for context about the last post.

Something about the image of Grum trying to take Atoli's food made me want to doodle it. I predicted part of her response, though idk how its really gonna go.

friends_by_iltheyn-dbccj5u.jpg

Soon enough I'm gonna burn myself out of these doodles. Its been a long time since I've drawn this much. o_o

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Raid of Aftbide (OOC)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus