Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tales of Eros: the never ending sea

Alex (played by YokoSama)

Alex listened to the two men speak but noticed Blackbeard about to whip the Prince...King? Is he a king if he isnt coronated? She shakes her at at the pointless thought. And while she personally didnt have any issues with teaching the pompous kid some manners. She grinned at that thought; but after listening to parts of their conversation she thought maybe beating him at this point might not be....beneficial for their cause.
"Ahii Blackbeard. I be needin' a moment from ya." She distracted him from delivering the full force of his blow and he scowled at her for it. "I want to hear the ideas yer brewin' about how we go about fixing this little pompous fools improper education?" He straightened up and grunted, giving the harry eye to the prince, and stepped aside and they chatted about Teach's more....brutal forms of discipline. It stopped as Calico came up and divulged the plan. Alex grins harshly.
"Oh I wont need any encouragement for rough treatment ta ya Calico." She winked at him with a vicious smile but that quickly turned into a snarl as Calico Whistled for her. Like a Dog! She gnashed her teeth as he boots echoed loudly down the stairs and to quarters Calico was in. She kicked open his door uncaring as to what state he was in. She was going to let him have a whole chunk of her mind!
Calico had just finished changing his trousers and was buttoning his shirt when Alex burst in

"Ahhh greetings... commoner... what brings you to his lordship's chambers then?" smiled Calico with a tease

She was in no mood for witty banter or for much of anything then out violence. Ladies slap men when they have been insulted. Alex was no lady. She took two rapid steps into Calicos room and decked the man full in the face causing him to fall to his bed.
"You listen here Calico. I aint one of yer high bread, stiff neck, fluttery eyed, air brain Ladies ya call cute names and whistle at yer beck and call. I am a full fledged captain the same as any of those men out there and I Demand! the same respect as them." She pointed her finger at him the same as she would any dagger; and using it to emphasizing her points. "I know about the name ye got round there ships and I plan on making my own name fer myself and it aint going to be Calicos W**r! Nor will I have any say I achieved my rank by sleepin' my way to it! I chose whom I bed for better reason then that!"
Calico burst in a chuckle at her rant.

"Well my precious... I might just make it go round we're engaged after all. uh? The king wrote to me demanding a wife to ensure the lineage is maintained... I couldn't bear the thought of having to recite poetry all day... perhaps now, between rapiers, I might accomplish king Conrad's last will after all" grinned Calico twinkling the eye at her rather cheekily

"If not see for yourself..." mused Calico taking out the king's private letter and last request, leaving him in charge of the kingdom, of Merthyr and urging him to find a wife promptly and consider bearing children too

She sputtered at his bold joke and snatched the letter from his hands. Her eyes bulged from her head as they traveled down the page. Her hands tightened on the page and she wanted to crush the paper, tear it to shreds, burn it, anything! Instead she took a deep breath and steadied her nerves. Then proceeded to laugh, doubling over, holding her sides kind of laughter.
"First bloody no. You turn a good calf but haha no. Also yer not my type." She grinned at him. "And secondly," she holds up the paper pointing to the last line about bearing children. "This right here? Aint happin' As in physically aint happin'. Out here with so many men for so long I did find out that I am not able to have children." How much that was or wasn't true was of no importance to him. "So seems yer out luck there sailor." She winks at him out of spite.
Calico chuckled lightly at her "Perhaps I might not be your suited suitor but I am sure common folk and taverns will love to hear all about our illicit romance, honey. You know how much they enjoy gossiping upon the lords of the realm private affairs..." taunted Calico, smiling at the amount of excuses and blushes that she was trying to present

"Well ... then captain... I am all ready for you" assured Calico turning to face the window and sea beyond, his lavish clothes as good as they came. He was indeed a lordly man with a lordly figure and there was no chance anyone could have taken him for a pirate when he took his noble work serious enough.

He extended his wrists at Alex waiting to have the manacles placed and locked. "Your turn to play the ruthless pirate... captain... and build up that fearless reputation of yours, but remember I know you know and neither do you" remarked Calico sternly

Her face did flush at his comments but she refused to let him get under her skin so easily!
"Ha! You would just be another one of my escapades. Another powerfully man I seduced." She sneered knowing that this is contradicting her emotional outbursts from earlier; but it's never to late to jump ship.
As he put his wrist together for her to shackle him she looks him over. This outfit wasent as grand as the one he had worn to the ball but still very extravagant. She took out the key from her back pocket and locked the shackles. Then scrutinized his face. He had a lovely bruise forming around his eye from her punch, there were minor cuts from the battle with a small amount of dried blood on his face, but no fresh blood. She smiled.
"To make this convinin' we need a bit of fresh blood flowin' " with that she grabbed him by the hair and smack his head into the well right were the gash from his jump off the cliff left it's make. This broke open easily and blood ran down the side of his face.
"Much better." She grinned and while he was still reeling from that started to drag him up to the main deck. His stumbling steps aided in the appearance that he had been thoroughly beaten.
"Move you bilge swarmin' rat!" As she yanked the chain that was attached to his shakes forcing him jerk forward. As she cleared the last step to the main deck she caught Teach's eye nodding at him and he back. Then with a snarl she yanked even harder at Calicos restraints cashing him to stumble over the last step and nearly fall onto his face and the deck. "Ya fluffed up gullyshank! Can't even keep her footing on a steady deck well we'll show ya!" With that she shoved him back so he was off balance and only her holding the chain attached to the shackles on his wrist held all his weight. "Seems yer time in the brig did nothin' to her pompous aittiude." She then yanked her end of the chains down forcing Calico to quickly get his footing and bend over as if he were bowing to her. "On her knees ya cur!" With that she mock slammed her heal into Calicos kidney region forcing him to drop to the deck faking a moaning sound. "Now you will crawl like the filthy dog ya are!" With that she strode to the other side of the deck pulling the chain behind her when Calico didn't crawl fast enough. Much of the time he was also berated by her foul language and skis of his preferences in bed to things that could of been done with his mother. She stopped just Infront of Teach yanking once again to get Calico right besides her, him glowering at her and his face beat red in anger and some actual shame. She just sneered down at him.
"This one's goin' to need more work. But he is getting better." Then she pulled the chains up while calling up so he was at least on his knees verses his hands.
Calico looked up in a narrow eyed glare

"You will pay for such humiliations and manhandling, you brigands... I shall personally sign off each of your death warrants and see to it that the gallows await keenly for your corpses" spat Calico taking his seat at the oars next to the prince

"Oh my goodness, your highness... It would be a pleasure to make your acquaintance under other circumstances" nodded Calico bowing the head gracefully and respectfully

"Your royal highness will have to excuse my untidy appearance, these commoners have no concept of neither manners nor protocol" huffed Calico at the somewhat dishovelled clothing.

"Ahhh mentor... I was sailing to make your encounter.... I regret you get to share my misfortune on this occasion. I shall try not to impose upon you unduly" smiled Merthyr in a sympathetic warm and honest smile "Come, take a seat, at least I get to enjoy adequate companionship and worthy friendship aboard this vessel... do your earnest to comply to their commands, lord Jacksworth, these outlaws would not think it twice to remove your head at stern defiance" advised Merthyr rowing the oar like the rest of them, having seen Blackbeard's narrow eyes and cold looks "And do not underestimate their women... they can be just as deadly, as you have experiences already, your lordship" commented Merthyr quickly glancing Alex to make such a judgement

"Of course, your grace, I will do my ensure our survival" nodded Calico, wiping the trickling blood with the back of the hand

"Outlaw... his lordship is wounded... I demand... er... request... the healer comes tend to his wound at once" outed Merthyr feeling pity for the beaten noble lord, his eyes and sight focused on Alex who clearly had this prisoner unde her care and say

Alex sneered down at Calicos, assumed, empty threat. Normally captives were not aloud to speak but Calico's ruse needed to happen and that did unfortunately require speaking. Otherwise captives would find their hands whipped at the first offense and things would proceed from there. She snorted when the Prince called Calicos last name. She hesitated at making a joke about it, but sometimes her humor didnt hit its mark.
Though her ears did pick up the princes warning about her and she couldn't stop a wicked grin from appearing on her face. Then at his alarm at Calicos wound. She stomped over there grabbed Calico by his chin and tilted his head looking at the wound.
"Eh its shallow he will live." With that she shoved his head back and looked at the prince and grinned. "I could give ya a matching one if yer so worried."
Merthyr frowned narrow eyed at her threat to give him a wound too, twisting his lips in displeasure.
He would have certainly given her a piece of his mind but opted to restrained himself

"Captain... please... he needs help not further injury... what must a captive do to earn such favour?" asked Merthyr seeing grovelling as the only possible least harmful way forward "I am prepared to fight for such right, after all, you pirates are always bragging on your greater skill. I´ll gladly put it to the test if you are not cowardly enough to refuse... else I am prepared to work for it, anything at all, just name the task and I shall see to it right away, no quibbles..." pleaded Merthyr

Oh ho hoo! Anything eh?" Her grin was predatory then, her eyes openly eyeing him up and down then she licks her lips. "Aye I could think of a few...activities that might work." Merthyr's eyes widen at her implications. "But," she stood up quickly and contemplated his offer a a duel. Her eyes never gave away what she was thinking so she enjoyed watching Merthyr squirm. "A duel could interesting." She saw him let out a huge sigh of relief. "And I will make you regret calling me a coward." She had dueld with Calico once, many years ago. She lost then but that again it was many years ago and she has gotten much better since then.
Merthyr now sported a very visible blush on his face at the suggestive words she had implied, accompanied with the lick of her lips, and certainly held his breath not having considered the word anything encompassed potentially surrendering his good honor, reputation and dignity.

He let out a sigh of relief as she opted for considering a clash of swords, far more comfortable with this latter decision.

"Well, then, release my chains and hand over a sword, any will do, no fuss" prompted Merthyr quite prepared to make good on her challenge "If I win, I demand healing for his lordship... though... and I want your word on it too" frowned Merthyr not trusting pirates at all

Alex surprisingly flourishes an elegant bow towards the prince "You have my honor that if you win this duel then Lord Jacksworth du Pont will be healed." She tilted her head enough to look him in his still fading red face "and if I win. Well we can chose that afterwards." She stood up completely and barked at one of the men to bring her a saber. It's was in decent condition. Well oiled, the blade had some rust and was chipped in a few places. She sneered at it and told the man to bring her a proper blade with no rust. This time the sword was rust and mostly crack free. She looked at Teach since he had the key to the rowers oars.
Edward Teach threw the keys at Alex

"As you please... he's but a captive... a slave..." remarked with snide, leaning back to watch, sipping his water skin and looking on with interest.

"No death or serious maiming though, for neither of your sakes, a damaged captain is of little use after all, and a maimed slave is only good for feeding sharks" remarked Teach

Merthyr grabbed the first ruffian's sword, with chips and rust and all, not caring for the weapon itself, they were all good in well trained hands after all. He wasted no time to attack the woman, sliding his blade close to the bottom of hers, and twisted his sword to disarm her in one move if he could manage that. Merthyr had been trained by the best after all and the best did as much as they could in the least time and possible moves.

If it all worked as he had predicted his forceful twist and turn of the wirst, hand and blade would force her sword out of the hand altogether, leaving her a disarmed opponent at first strike

rolled 1d6 and got 6

Alex snarled as his lucky lunge caught her unprepared and flung her sword to the side sliding on the deck. Swordfight though was only one form of fighting she had picked up over the years. She had learned a style of fighting that relied primary on you legs for potentially bone crushing blows. But Teach said no maiming so she sucked low and rolled over to were her sword had fallin reaching it and springing up ready to meet metal again.

rolled 1d6 and got 4

Merthyr made no gesture to neither fight further nor defend himself. He had already proven his greater skill so far in one swift move and he feared, if he continued to anger her through defeat, she might well back on her word, thus he kept the sword downwards, resting to his side, letting her blade strike his arm, calm and casual, expecting no less.

Her steel touched his right arm, tearing the shirt and flesh in the process though he simply looked at her thoughtfully.

"Once you lost the sword, you lost the duel, madamme... no need to proceed further" explained Merthyr as if it were not obvious enough "I expect my tutor, lord Jackworth Pont-de-Ter healed...." commented Merthyr

rolled 1d6 and got 1

Alex lunged at him expecting him to deffencent yet he stood still as she came at him. There was little she could do to change her attack now but to twist her wrist altering the direction of the point from the center of his chest to his right arm. The point of her rapier pierced through his clothes and deep into the muscle of his upper arm.
She leaps back removing the sword point cursing the sea gods for her luck. How was she to know the fool was going to just stand there!! She snarled at him.
"You bloody fool! What the heck is wrong with you." She steps back and swishes her sword like an angry cats tail. "That was no duel. Our agreement is voided." With that she watches as Teach twirls the keys deciding if the fight is done or not.

rolled 1d6 and got 1

Merthyr simply moved his sword to his wounded arm and pressed with his left hand upon the cut

"A duel, madamme, is a battle between two worthy opponents till either is disarmed, it took only one move, why would I continue when you had lost your sword already thus forfeit the duel?" quizzed Merthyr raising an inquisitive eye brow

"Then.. of course... the question of worthiness, you are neither of noble blood nor good at sword fighting... more a hazard to yourself and others than a worthy opponent" spelled out Merthyr as a matter of fact

rolled 1d6 and got 2

Alex lost her temper as the pompous prince chided her. She struck him in the face knocking him back into Calicos lap.
"Next time, for there will be a next time. You will die." With that she stormed off down to the doctors office.
"Ya got two bleedin'" long string of profanity "need yer bloody attention." The man stared at her with slight confusion. She slammed her fist down on his desk "NOW you bloody halfwit!" The man grabbed a medical bag and at his own quick pace made it up to the main deck.
Alex raged out of the Drs office and walks farther into the gloom and starts punching one of the thick support beams venting her rage out into the wood. She wanted to rip his and Calicos throats out! Pummeling it again and again untill her raged slowly started to return to a manageable boil.
"I would advise your majesty be more cautious...." muttered Calico tactfully.

"Given your father has just passed away from a deadly fever, the kingdom requires your majesty in the best possible health and condition" explained Calico pressing upon the deep wound watching Merthyr drop the sword in shock, face pale at the grim news rather than blood loss which didn't help either

"You mean... he's... dead? My father... he's gone?" stammered Merthyr half choking his words in grief "No, this cannot be, you must be mistaken, he wrote to me, he said he would attend my birthday party..." refused to acknoweldge Merthyr fists clenched in anger

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tales of Eros: the never ending sea

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus