Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tales of Eros: the never ending sea

"Not quite so, captain Antony. That is not correct at all..." interjected Calico Jack firmly "Before she helped save the Golden Arrow... your niece had herself set it alight and caused great damage to it in the first place.

For damaging my vessel , whilst being my captive at the time, she acquired an outstanding debt with me in the first place. This was repaid with by returning said ship and its crew back to me, thus settling any debts over this affair" informed Calico as a matter of fact.

"Alex is the captain of Golden Arrow in her own rights. You can, of course, request she take her captives and slaves off your ship" muttered Calico respectfully

"However... I will accept that by stealing your relative, Seline's mother and claiming her household and wealth I do bind myself to her services and yours till the debt is repaid, or you deem it so" admitted Calico calmly

"Slave trade, no such thing. This captive is not for sale nor trade" informed Edward Teach in a frown

"He simply became my slave since the prince was more than capable of yielding weapons and fighting back. The scallywag, I got lucky I was able to tackle him in the end" muttered Blackbeard gazing at his wounded arm

"In any case, we will offboard once you reach the next port, to save you the troubles" assured Blackbeard
Seline Masters (played by Raider-jack29) Topic Starter

"Very well, do as you wish with the prince. As for you calico."
He turned back to calico raising his brow.
"Why don't you go rest calico, I feel we need to have a conversation. About nothing in particular, just a simple talk."
Turning in another direction he motions to a crate.
"Get out from behind the crate girl we aren't daft."
This unfortunately forced Seline to step out from behind the large cargo crate.
Calico swallowed stiffly at the words.

"Captain Antony, you don't come across as the type of man who indulges in simple talk actually... So... what is this really about?" Quizzed Calico tensely
Alex (played by YokoSama)

Alex opened her mouth to snarl something at Antony but Calico smoothly interjected. It was far more....pleasant then what Alex had in mind but she would let it pass. Though his comment about the kitchens intrigued her. What did he mean by.....well she would fetter it out of him soon.
"That little.....girl. Did not save my ship nor most of her crew. Most of my crew was off after she tried to burn down my ship. A freak wave put out that fire, nothin' she did." Alex barely controlled her raging temper. She wanted to lash out. She glared at 'His majesty' in all his finery and wanted to show him his proper place like Teach said. Then she caught Teachs confirmation that he was almost bested by this little shrip.
"What you Blackbeard almost lost to this little whelp?!" She laughed at him and his scratch. "Well I wouldnt be bested by such a....pup." She chided as her boots smarted off the decks while she moved over to Calico. "So...the kitchens?" She grinned.
"Don't underestimate his majesty he was trained to kill before he could talk I wouldn't put it past me he did indeed defeat me in battle and very few can... maybe just him. He was trained by me and Morgan and no doubt others too.." muttered Calico

"I find it hard to believe you simply won" noted Calico raising an eyebrow at Teach, gazing at Edward with a hint of jealousy when the man placed an approving pat on Alex

"You have guts and skill, you will certainly go far my child" assured Blackbeard having half adopted Alex given he had no children of his own returning his attention to Calico

"Well, Jack, truth told... a blade at his servant's throat convinced him to surrender" admitted Edward Teach as a matter of fact

Calico Jack glanced sideways at Alex

"I am very particular with food and how it is cooked and handled" admitted briefly giving them no further details

Alex raised an eyebrow at Calicos words of caution and then grinned at his brief rendition of the kitchen but the coloring if his face revealed more.
"Hum yes. Seems you are picky about your tates" she laughed at him coloring a deeper red at her taunts. "Though if he is as good as you say he his..." Her eyes gleamed in the light. "It could be quite a fun duel!" She looked at the glamorous not who was sitting at the useless ores thinking of really rubbing in his position with a humiliating defer by her hands and chuckled.
Calico winced at her taunt, the inevitable mild blush making his cheeks red enough to be noticed, followed by a small cough of discomfort.

"Now now, lass, watch that loose tongue of yours. I can still give you a kick up your backside for prodding about my kitchen particular preferences and issues" warned Calico though a fond warm smile revealed deeper feelings the longer he spent time with this girl. Seems he had indeed chosen a good captain after all.

He raised an eyebrow not missing her gaze upon the royal

"In most circumstances, you would have been struck down for as much as glancing at him. I myself wrote to his highness for an audience about my noble title and family estates and he downright refused to grant it despite I am still officially a lord of the realm" muttered Calico

"Well... you can talk to him at your heart's content now, Jack" assured Teach coming to question about the reasons why the prince would turn down Calico in the first place.

Alex chuckled at his shifting. "Aye and if ye try that you'll see how far my own narrow boot can go." She again grinned at Calico but her heat wasent much in that particular taunt. Instead her eyebrow raised at the color in his voice "is that a hint of envy I hear in your voice Calico?" Me were so easy to lead Alex mused. Well most men are.
"Jealous? from the prince? Unlikely... he certainly is no competition to your hand my dear nor does he have such aspirations either.

Royalty like him have very high expectations on the elegible women and, given protocol and his royal upbringing, he will probably not even give you the time of the day nor the least glance or word, more so after your earlier bickering" chuckled Calico at her threat and his gagging before giving Antony his attentions

"So... Tony... what exactly is it that you wish to talk about and discuss, your silence is deafening and all the more worrying indeed" muttered Calico following the man to his quarters

"I´ll catch up to you later, Alex, keep an eye on Blackbeard. He can be rather rough with his slaves and we wouldn't want major maiming upon the prince, for all our necks and sakes" advised Calico following Antony

Antony had remained quiet, he knew these men had no form of respect for him. But he knew each and every one of them as boys, spent so many years implanting morals and lessons in their minds. Why was it these three of all of his past crew mates that held no respect for the things he said. So he remained silent as the men chatted, his gaze turning to his dear niece whom just as him had a big heart. She was rather forgiving as well, for not moments ago she was a lady who had lost everything she'd ever known. Now she seemed to be different some how, but in a way he couldn't quite put a finger on.

He ignored calico as he finally managed to acknowledge him, instead he sat silent against the railing of the ship as Seline seemed to be dragged off to play a strange game with the younger members of the crew. The children seemed to love her, so it was a start.
Calico placed his hands on the railings, gazing into the waters and letting the sea breeze brush his face and hair.

"It's been a long time since I was scrubbing the kitchens clean..." pointed out Calico remembering well the first task he took aboard the ship peeling potatoes and scrubbing the floors clean, all day, every day for a whole two years.

"What is troubling you... Tony? You would not call me over simply to keep silent, we know each other well enough by now" quizzed Calico

"Is your niece the cause of your worries, or her captive mother the one that is troubling you? I told Dom to see to it the woman is found and brought on deck. I want to see for myself that she is alive and well, fed and clothed properly" mused Calico briefly

"No my dear boy, those are not my concerns. No one seems to respect me anymore, guess a softy like me ain't gettin any respect at all...do you wonder why I wanted to see my neice so bad?"
Antony spoke after a long silence, his eyes closing slowly as he layed back against the railing.
"Tony... that is ever so untrue, you have my loyalty and you have my utmost respect. It is not every day and for anyone that I endure dressing up a high lord just to bring the woman to your presence. I do not endure regal clothes and lordliness and fuss even for the sake of the king. Now... for you, however, I took my title, dressed the part and became once more Lord Jacksworth Pont-de-Ter just to make your wish happen, sir" assured Calico

"Admittedly I have grown strong in command and pride but I never forget what I have today, started here, under your watchful eyes, my friend" admitted Calico calmly

"I would sail under your sails, whether I am indebted to you, or not. It is an honor and priviledge to yet again spend time with you, captain" assured Calico softly

"What about your niece?" quizzed Calico gazing at the happy young woman

Antonie's hand came to rest upon the sheathed blade at his side, his eyes softening for a time as if in deep thought.
"I know I can't live forever jack, why I've probably only got one good swing left in me before I retire to my grave. These people, each and every one is a child that I've taken care of and raised on this very ship."
He paused for a moment taking a long deep sigh.
"When I go, I want to leave them in the best possible hands. And she...why she's got that spark in her...something her father had as a young man. That defiance, that will, that electricity...shes practically his double in all but apearence and gender. And when I pass, I'd like to leave my family in her hands."

Alex shook her head and barked out a quick laugh. "Nay not my hand indeed! I meant for his title and the rebuking ya received from him." She nodded at his suggestion. She enjoyed Blackbeard, a viscous man like her own heart. Well in some cases worse for she didn't enjoy punishing slaves.
She stepped over to the midships railing and leaned her back against the wood. She look up into the sails all curled up expect the top royal and a jib on the bow. Then back down to the deck at all the men and children scampering around. Children on ships wasent uncommon, they were the powder monkeys the bucket fetches, head cleaners and we're there to be taught how to sail from the old salts. She herself had started out as such, masquerading as a boy since women weren't allowed to be sailors. That was one of her few fond memories and she was ripped out of it but the sound of a whip cracking.
Her lavender eyes narrowed in at Teach. He held a cat-o-ninetails in his hands and was bellowing at the men at the ores but the uppity prince was safe. A fresh breeze ruffeled her hair and brought snippets of Calicos conversation with Antony. Something about respect, kitchens and that girl having something and...! Alex tried to keep her face impassive as she heard the last of Antony's words.
"Well I am sure your niece will do fine, if she wishes to remain. The Rosemary is a ship that is respected by all thus no harm will come to her or your vessel. I will personally make sure of it, as will my captains. In the event of your passing I will appoint one of my raider ships to keep watch and ensure its safety" nodded Calico in understanding

"Now... about your kinswoman... I have sent Dom to release lady Rosalind Masters to freedom, handing over the servants and the claimed property too, to return the furniture taken as well and a considerable sum of gold and gems to compensate for the distress caused" assured Calico taking it for granted that such would be done and promptly. "I have also asked Morgan to intervene and he will see to it that she is settled and calm" muttered Calico gazing into the open seas. "I trust that is adequate retribution..." questioned Calico

"You know I cannot stay aboard The Rosemary too long, birds grow up, eventually, they fly the nest to follow and mark their own paths and make other nests of their own. I commandeer over five hundred vessels these days, far more than the army put together thrice. My course of action, however, is not as peaceful as you intend the Rosemary to follow. I must be released from our oustanding debt for my own sake and sanity" explained Calico speaking honestly

"I have returned that which was taken and left payment in equal measure, surely you cannot impose further on the matter? If you had mentioned Rosalind or your niece being kin, I would have found other ways to bring her to you in the first place. Now I cannot undo the past but I have indeed made amends in every way I can to rectify that.

This ongoing debt must indeed be discussed and measured within a set time frame. Training your niece in depth will take far too long a time and was not in my list of chores to do. I can give you a week of servitude at most, afterwards, leave me free to continue my affairs" mused Calico

"The young king and I have to have word about the death of his father. King Merthyr doesnt know that King Conrad is dead, at least not yet. Notifying him of his father's passing was something Morgan asked me to do... but the stubborn royal brat would not give me the time of the day, at least not so far." muttered Calico "Diseases can be unforgiving even upon royals; Conrad was ... well... it was the fever that did him in the end" admitted Calico in a low voice

"Well my man, all I can ask of ye is a week then, then I suppose you belong to the sea once more."
Antony simply spoke as he breathed in a long sigh.
"Now it's up to me to tell er about re mother. Then give her time to make the choice."
"I shall remain your close ally, during my servitude and beyond indeed" nodded Calico

"You best inform your niece, the intensive training shall be anything but easy or pleasant, I want no strings attached, no rest or breaks, nor assistance of any kind from anyone or interference for the matter" mused Calico

"Also... concerning his majesty. The young king must not be told of his father's passing if it can be helped at all. I would rather be in a position free to tackle the situation accordingly.

I would not put it passed possibility that the young king will indeed lash out with sword and fury and blame all of us for his father's death. King Conrad was onboard a pirate vessel at the time..." trailed off Calico making his request

"Well then, why not have someone whose not a pirate tell the young king? What I mean is that, the young prince should hear this knees from someone he is more likely to trust. Sure he'll go into denial at first, but at most the boy won't lash out at em. In speaking of the prince, I must remind both you and teach. No matter how over zealous he may be about having the boy as his prisoner, he can't keep em forever. That boy is a rather large part of why most of us live to this day."
Antony spoke freely to calico on the subject of the prince's well being.
"But the need to at least get a good ransome out of em, we may have morals and a code. But we still be pirates underneath all that."
Calico cringed at Antony's remark.

"That's the thing... Tony. I have been leading a life of double standards, just like Henry Morgan has been. In his majesty's eyes and, as far as he is concerned, I am lord Calico Jacksworth Pont-de-Ter. The prince's guardian and tutor. I am expected to be the one to break out the news to him. It is only luck and fortune that we have not seen each other for the boy to notice me as of yet.

Merthyr is rash, stubborn, defiant and wreckless... uhmmm... much like your niece come think of it... and unlike her, he has nobody else left in this world bar me. I do expect his anger forthwith and I am prepared for a good round of sword fighting to let him release such wrath in a challened manner if it comes to it. But... for his sake if nothing else I must endure my nobility as I break the news out to him.

I am going to need you all to put up a very good show so he doesn't suspect me of being Captain Jack... if you know what I mean... To all purposes I must appear to be a captive on this vessel, dressed in all the usual lordly finery so as to make myself more approachable to the prince. I count on you, on Alex and Teach to make my unfortunate captivity all the more credible. Don't hold back on the harsh old ways to make it appear and be so. At the end of the day... a few lashes and a roughed up treatment never killed any man.

Once the news have sunken into the boy and he is more at peace with it, I will focus on training your niece afterwards, by then Merthyr should be more settled and not such a danger to himself or others" promised Calico laying down his plans to his trusted mentor and confidante

"I was only told these news at the feast... I haven't had time to prepare for any of this. I certainly did not expect the prince over here so soon" admitted Calico in a light cough

"Well you can certainly count me in... the best way to break bad news is when captives are too exhausted to fight it" advised Blackbeard having returned to catch this plan of action, happy to volunteer to portray the fearsome heartless pirate he was known to be, before the king himself and instill a degree of fear and discipline upon the boy

"By the time I am done with the royal... you will all thank me for it, albeit painful for him without a father at his side, someone has to put a restrain on him. An out of control angry royal might be the death of us all.

I shall gladly teach him the value of friendship, respect, hard work, compliance, good manners and all sorts.... you leave him to me and go and get dressed... your lordship.... afterwards, you know where the brig is so I´ll make sure Alex roughly brings you up from the hold to join his majesty " muttered Blackbeard

"Why thank you..." muttered Calico in a forced smile whistling for Alex to come and find him at the sleeping quarters, surprised he still had those intact with his lordly outfits and pirate rags too

"Ahh home sweet home" muttered Calico lowering back onto his cot a while, waiting for Alex

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tales of Eros: the never ending sea

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus