Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tales of Eros: the never ending sea

Alex (played by YokoSama)

Alex's cheeks flushed at Antony's implication.
"Ha! As if I'd let him perform any acts before we have any formal agreement!" It wasent her best comeback but she was mentally flustered. And with that she bowed to Antony muttering loud enough to be heard "Captain" then just watching Calico before she turned and left the room. Though right before closing the door she turns around and grins "And don't let me catch you deflowering my prize there Captain Antony! I know how you sailors lie to take the bride to be and have some fun with her before the big night. Just to make sure she knows what she's doing." And with a wink and a chuckle she closes the door.
Calico winced at the suggestive words from one and the other, coughing in light discomfort before seeing Alex close the door, his goofy smile soon becoming erased as he returned to a more serious and formal stance with piercing eyes set on captain Antony.

"What dreadful news are you willing to share with me this time round?" asked Calico rather intrigued and worried.

It was clear by the indications received, the fact he wouldn't like the answer and the fact that it would not be easy that Morgan was either dead or worse even, captive. In both cases he held his peace and maintained silence to let Antoni speak.

Seline Masters (played by Raider-jack29) Topic Starter

“Calico, even I as a captain of the seas have a hard time telling you this...we...we didn’t find Morgan amongst the survivors. We fear that in all likelihood he may have passed on” he spoke somberly as he pulled a small peice of blue Gem from his pocket and motioned for calico to hold out his hand.

She was intrigued as to what was being said behind the closed door but wasent foolish enough to try and ease drop so she headed up to the weather deck. Once up there she spotted Blackbeard overseeing the captives, including the prince.
"Ya seen any survivors?" She asks him as she comes and stands near him leaning on the handrail. She looks out to the bleak sea, eyes roving over grey waves and black land.

On the deck, eventually the hidden doors of the lower decks reappear. Slowly they open, exiting from them was the same girl who had called down a storm only moments before. Yet she seemed different somehow, almost lighter. As if her mother had not just died before her eyes mere minutes ago.
If one would guess, it would seem as if someone had done something to make her smile again, and to do it so soon after the tragedy seemed s miracle.
———
Mere moments ago, she woke from the bed. Rubbing the exhaustion from her eyes. She felt as if she’d walked through an oven. The tips of her hair were singed, and large red patches on her skin indicated third degree burns which would take some time to heal. What disturbed her most however, was the fact that she was wearing completely different clothing than earlier. She now wore a white button up shirt. One a gentleman would normally wear. Paired with a faded light blue vest made of a particularly itchy material. Along with this, she wore a pair of loose fitting white pants.
She had been somehow undressed and redressed in men’s clothing while she slept.

Yet somehow that was still nothing compared to the next thing she saw, standing in the corner of the room was the same peculiar cat boy/creature that had tried to claim her earlier. His face was stuffed with food, and around his waist...her own corset she had been wearing earlier. Other than this he wore not much else but a pair of trousers similar to the ones she wore now.

“Oh your up?”
He spoke in a childish and questioning tone.
“ I guess that’s good, I don’t understand how you wear this thing though” he stated motioning to the corset.
“It’s so tight and itchy!”
He complained with an open mouth as some of the grease from his food dripped on to the corset to leave a large stain.

She knew she should’ve been angry, but the sight before her was strange...she busted out into an uproar of giggles. Her face slowly turning red as her wyes watered. It felt good to know she could still laugh after what happened. As of sensing her new found gratitude he smiled widely, exposing his mouth full of food. Which only caused her to laugh even more when some of it dropped out of his mouth and in to his lap.

“Maaate”
He complained like a Whiny child.

To which she retorted
“I told you to stop calling me that!”
Edward Teach nodded affirmatively at Alex

"Aye aye capt'n Alex... there were survivors indeed, a ship loaded with them, mostly all women except for a couple of men. They were setting sail towards warmer waters... perhaps towards the imperial city" mused Blackbeard trying to figure which course would that ship take and where to, based off his own sailing experiences.

"At their speed they should reach the empress in all but a few days at most" confirmed captain Teach looking at her.

"Whatever was left behind on land... is all but blackened ashes though..." sighed Blackbeard looking grimly at the destruction.

His eyes grim and dark, his gaze set on the now destroyed shores, absorbed his mind and attention enough to barely take notice of the girl and the chef's return.

"Oi lad... go make something eat, preferably not charred this time..." muttered Blackbeard returning his attention at the captives and the young king.

"Listen up and well, scalawags, you are all that is left of the royal army or at least the most of part of what is left, I suggest you row hard and well, you do as told, so there are no further casualties among his majesty's armed forces" advised Edward Teach going briefly to his quarters to change his coat for a black one.

((Ignore this))

Alex grunted at the mention of the ship "One bloody ship." She nodded at Teach's estimation "Probably right. With a crew like that it be their best bet." She humpef at his next comment and watch as his eyes grew dark and stormy while looking out at the sea then snapped at the prisoners. She kept her eyes on him as she made his ways below decks then turned them upon the prisoners then up at the sails.
The sails were slack and she could feel a slight hot air coming from the shore with a foul stench. He brows drew down as she wrinkled her face as the stench grew with the hot wind. From below decks that blasted girl step on deck. Of all things she had a smile upon her face!
"Whats gotten ya in such a bloody good mood?" Alex snaps and looks her over seeing the state of her skin and hair. "That bolt fry yer mind as well?" She glances away as Teach comes up in a sobering all black long coat. "Thar be the proper way to be. Sober, grim, and foreboding." She indicates with her head at Teach, she wasn't in black but in a dark blood red jacket with no piping on it along with dark breaches and he calf height boots turned down.
Teach smiled at the young woman.

"Now that is proper of Tony's bloodline, happy, even in the face of certain death" mused Edward Teach seeing some similarities there

"We must focus on chasing that ship of survivors... even if it takes us straight to the witch..." mused Blackbeard rubbing his chin thoughtfully

Calico held out his hands accepting the piece of blue gem.

"Why... would you give me this... now of all times?" asked Calico concerned

“My boy calico, it’s like you forget what every peice of Gem does these days.”
Antony spoke with a laugh
“Blue Gem is the gem of the soul.
It takes your memories of those who have past, and puts them into its center to store so that one might see them again. It has other uses as well. Ones that will be discovered tonight.
We will be holding a memorial for the dead on the deck of the ship. Then you’ll see just what I mean.”

Alex snorted at Teaches comment about the girl.

"Aye, least we can see where they are headin'. Though why do ya be thinkin' they would be headin' towards the sea witch who caused all this? We saw all her black dressed men get crispy fired by out happy go lucky..." she paused so she didnt say sea wench "..mistress here." She waved her hand at he girl who was staring out at sea, seemingly oblivious to their conversation. "I wont think that there be any of her men on board that vessel, least of all directin' her towards anythin' good." She could see no reason to follow the ship, and she could see many reasons to sail in other directions. There are many other ports... her thoughts were distracted by commotion from the prisoners.

"Oi! What are yer hollerin' about?" she snarls at the prisoners.
"I know I know... but the gem is not glowing... this mean Morgan is not dead and, not only is not dead, but I bet my commodore rights over the fleets THAT vessel has taken him captive" muttered Calico returning the gem

"Best give it to your niece, she has certainly lost loved ones... my heart... is set on the man who raised me and stands here before me, on the young king who is onboard already, on my mentor Morgan who is captive over there on that ship and a certain... woman... who is on deck barking orders" mused Calico smiling wide

"I always had difficulty trusting anyone... as you can see... all those who have any meaning to me, I can count them with a hand..." trailed off Calico.

"We should still mourn the dead though, many have lost their lives needlessly on these events and respect for the dead is always warranted" muttered Calico patting Tony's shoulder and making his way on deck to see what the fuss was about, undoubtedly, the young royal having something to do with it.
Morgan struggled and strained against the captors, that was of course, until the black clad rogues pulled out a dagger.

His chained hands, the fact he was disarmed, the fact he was outnumbered, and that many women could end up paying the price quickly convinced the former pirate now turned royal governor to behave and comply to all demands, in a far more subdued manner.

There was no way he could take charge of his vessel without disarming or even killing its captain and that, that would be no easy quick feat, first he had to get to know the crew, who was who, who was in charge and their weaknesses and flaws. So far, unlikely flaws, given how well they had executed the plan so far and destroyed quite literally the entire island

“Oh my boy-“
Antony began with a laugh as he watched calico leave. He spoke in a whisper, smiling as the boy he knew once as a cabin boy left. He could almost picture the lad as well, grappling the legs of a teenage Morgan as if he were his life line. All the while Morgan tried to shake him off while calling him a ‘little monkey’ as teach laughed so hard the rum came out of his nose from where he sat next to the port side window.

“That’s why I gave it to ya....as long as that stone keeps from glowin, yer brother is always here. Then again, even if he was gone...he ain’t really.”

Antony stood from where he sat at the bedside and made his way to the door...but just as he was about to leave, he glanced back at the room. So many good memories in here, he remembered a time in which he had tackled two young dark haired boys on to the bed. Like his own sons they were, never had children of his own.

He could see them in the doorway, right where he was standing...his little sister and his best friend, hand in hand as they looked at him playing with the boys. The memory almost brought tears wellin into his eyes, but he wiped them away before they could barely form. He couldn’t let his crew see him like that after all. Then with one last look at the room he smiled, he was one old man...it’s a shame he didn’t have much time left...but he wouldn’t tell them that...especially calico. He’d nearly lost a man that was like his brother, he couldn’t tell him he’d lose a father figure as well...not yet.

He made his way on to the deck of the ship, hearing the tail end of Teaches words he spoke
“Sorry lad, we ain’t goin after no ship. If ya didn’t notice, that there vessel Is heading twords white imperial waters. No doubt they’ve got an ambush planned for those seeking revenge.”
He spoke somberly as he stepped closer, he now showed why he was to be feared...gone was that warm exterior only to be replaced by a cold and frightful grimace.

“The best thing to do now is to seek guidance, and keep his highness away for the time being. It’s him the empress Is after, and if they want em so bad why not give em Hell first-“ He spoke as he cracked a wide grin of challenge
“My boys were goin to see the High flyers.”
Merthyr stood up disregarding the fact of chains around his wrists and ankles as he addressed Tony

"Sir Antony... I demand that you deliver me to the empress herself. If it is me whom she seeks, she can take me, so long that puts an end on this murderous rampage. I cannot let her extermine in such cruel ways any more of my vassals" explained Merthyr in a firm and resolved tone.

Alex was standing next to the Prince when he stood up and opened his mouth to speak.
"Ya really think she would stop after she has ya in her clutches? HA! Ya be bloody darn daft to truly be thinkin' that. Now shut your trap and sit back down and let the grown-ups make some arrangements." With that she gives the Prince a pat on the check as you would a little child with one of her snarky grins. She then turns away to face Cap Tony while still having the boisterous boy in the corner of her eye and also managing to look over Calico. He didnt give any outward signs of what he and Cap Tony spoke about but she was pretty sure she could figure out a way to get him to speak about it. Her assessment of Calico done she turns her full attention to Tony and his disregard for the vagrant ship that probably had Morgan, not that she cared one way other other about that man, but more importantly his mention of the High Flyers.
"I've heard tales of them, but nothin' ever the same twice a tellin'. So why dont you enlighten us common folk on whom exactly yer speakin' about."
"You expect me to simply sit back like a helpless damsel in distress whilst the blood thirsty woman continues to claim more lives?" frowned Merthyr not at all comfortable with such thoughts

"It is my duty to my people to defend them from such deadly foes" pointed out Merthyr going silent to hear Antony explain further and answer her question

“Those dastardly young wenches on the smallest island in the sea is what I’m referring to. They may not be the brightest bulbs, but those lasses predictions have never stirred me wrong yet. If we want to make a good next move, we’ll need their help. “
He responded, giving as much information as he could without sounding more mad then he already was.

He turned his gaze away from the group to continue speaking.
“Our mission right now is to keep that bloody prince alive, as long as he lives his people have hope. If we allow that boy to run off and get killed...why then he’s simply selfish.”

Alex ignored the prince's wining as she listened to Antony's description of the High Flyers. She crossed her arms over her ample chest and snorted.
"Ya mean the island that aint found on any map, and the only way ya find it is if ye know its location? I've sailed those waters before and I recommends we be makin' a port call before we get to close. The waters round that island are turbulent and cant take weeks to pass." Alex grinds widely "Unless ya know the spot of the calmest currents like I do." She pondered how Antony had found that island, and what had he asked the women of it before, but that was somethin' she could find out later.
Calico came over to Merthyr and leaned low to be at his level.

"Your majesty... these brigands are right... your life means a lot to your people who look up to you for the hope of a better life, of freedom, peace and prosperity. You are not even married, with children, to leave the throne to anyone else should something terrible happen, we cannot take such chances" explained Calico softly, taking a seat next to Merthyr to row by his side for a while, offering him some support.

"My bride... captain Alexandra Pont-de-Ter may be a harsh master but she is doing the best for the kingdom..." explained Calico watching as Merthyr gawked wide eyed

"You would dare marry an outlaw whose death sentence by hanging is clearly written and rubbed stamped? You chose that feral pirate of all possible wenches onboard?! and expect royal blessings on the matter?! Why her?" questioned Merthyr in a frown not at all pleased

"Well... your majesty... see... I myself am not entirely sure of why but I am definitely sure that I like her very much... she is defiant and ruthless, so different to the rest of damsels I have met at the royal palace... she and I share a passion for sailing the open seas... and... she is... one of a kind, you know... she knows how to fight for sure. I need and want a woman like that... one who won't easily be taken captive." muttered Calico rubbing the back of the head entirely red faced, somewhat lost for words and stammering as he tried to explain his feelings and decision to the young king

Merthyr gritted his teeth and held his peace for a while, his shoulders sagging in a more relaxed position,

"Lord Jacksworth Pont-de-Ter, you gave your word of honor that you would marry and you seem to deliver upon that. Whilst the choice of bride is entirely inappropriate and unacceptable, well below expectations and required standards, it is I failed who failed to specificy the quality of your suitors, in which case you have my royal blessings for a grand royal wedding when this is over.

In the meantime, my firmest desire and royal command is that you educate the woman into proper protocol, manners, refinery... find her immediately appropriate attire suited to her position and get her started in the required etiquette. I shall have tea with lord Antony, yourself and your bride at sundown, till then... endevour to tame the .... her" muttered Merthyr refraining from name-calling her beast given the new social stand she enjoyed with his royal blessings.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tales of Eros: the never ending sea

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus