Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tales of Eros: the never ending sea

Alex (played by YokoSama)

"Give them chase?! I've crippled their ship. Taken down their second main mast they will still be hackin' away at it to keep from listin'. They arnt going to be chasin' no ship anyplace." She snarled at Blackbeard. " 'Sides Calico ain't the bloody captain, Antony is and if he lets a crippled ship catch him then he deserves what he gets." She stood by the helm feeling the rudder lift off from the sandy bottom.
"My my, lass... you have done the hard work of grinding them to a near halt already and you would let gold, weapons, gems and glory pass into other ship's hands with such ease?" quizzed Blackbeard raising a curious look at the girl and her unusual mindset

"You should give them chase and aboard their ship... take all you find that is worth keeping and claim your first victory as captain... of course..." mused Blackbeard seeing this the logical course of action

"That ship carries the royal banners, it must be at least loaded with gold from the taxes for sure..." figured out Edward Teach

Alex's grin was viscous enough to even send a shiver down Blackbeard's spine. "Ya think that hole in the waterline was luck? Ya really think I crippled them to hide here with you?" With that the ship was dragged out to sea by a strong current flying them right into a strong wind. The men cheer as the Golden Arrow like her name, shoots from the cove and back straight at the floundering Rampage. Hearty throats rattled their swords and raged their challenge.
"Rufus ready the men to board!" Alex's blood seethed and her fingers itched for her sword. "Fredric!" The tall man rushed up to the helm and the captain.
"Yes Sss..Mam'" he held himself firm and tall, dried blood crusted his left arm.
"Take the Helm, and bring us along side we are going to board this sow." Alex's grin made Fredric turn pale under his sailors tan.
"Aye Mam" He quickly took up his position at the helm and Alex turned to Blackbeard.
"Ya going to stay out of this fun too?" She chided at him.
"Any prisoners I lay sword upon are mine to keep, the rest is all yours captain" smiled Blackbeard patting her shoulder

"You could be my daughter any time indeed." complimented Blackbeard taking a rope to swing across, two cutlass by his side ready to strike

"Just don't get yourself killed I would struggle to tell Calico the awful news... he seems... fond of you" muttered Blackbeard awaiting Alex to take the lead

"On your count, captain" conceeded Blackbeard, following like any other common crew member to not outshine her authority or glory

"Well then I best stay Infront of ye." Alex grinned at the bearded man. His complaments took her by surprise but his affirmation of Calicos inclination towards her was more so. A laugh from her inner depths rolled out of her and continued as she grabbed a rope and as wood grounded and creaked as the two ship kissed she leaped across. Some of her men grappled the two ship together while others followed her maniacal cackle and attacked.
Alex's rapier was not as thick as a saber but forged from explicit metals giving it the subitly to bend and not break but the firmness to hold against blows. Within moments her silver sword ran red as she maimed men who got in her way. Her pulled dialed, and her irises spiraled seeming to glow a savage purple color. Teeth once only seemly sharp now could be easily mistaken as a sharks flashed brilliantly amongst the red blood. Alex lost herself to the fighting, moving like death herself. Every blow purposeful to cripple yet never needing to go so far as killing. Soon she had cleared a path right to the HGS Rampages pompous Captain.
He attempted to fight but she flicked his sword away easily. He cowered before her, the scent a fear heavy around him. She brought her sword to his lace trimmed neck.
"Surrender. Now." Her voice was cold furry. He opened his mouth to speak but nothing croaked out. She pressed harder and a trickle of blood stained his lace. "Now." She growled and the man found his balls and shouted for all his men to cease fighting. Everywhere you heard swords, and a few guns, falling to the deck and the crew of the Golden Arrow cheered. Blood pounded in Alex's ears, the copery scent of blood filled her nose, he body vibrated with the desire to slaughter them all! Yet she held it all in check as she surveyed the deck full of now captured men.
"Cap!!!" Was all a man shouted before a shot rang out and pain blossomed in Alex's left arm. Pain and more importantly rage. The tenitous grip she had on her control shattered as she turned and lunged for the man who shot her. They fell behind some tumbled crates but all the men could her the siting sailors screams and gurgles. Moments later Alex stood up wiping blood from her face.
There was true silence then. "Quit her gaukin' and tye the prisoners up!" Alex snaps. Quickly all the men of the HGS Rampage were bound and Alex stood next to Blackbeard glaring down at the now mumbling former HGS Rampages captain.
"So what would ye do with this lost lot?" Alex teased to Blackbeard. Most of the blood that had previous covered the bottom half of her face was gone, but not the memory.
"Those are yours to keep, captain, you captured them thus earned them" muttered Blackbeard going to check the cabins and sleeping quarters.

As he made his way to the prominent and wealthy sleeping quarters where the captain would have slept, he could not miss the worried and weary looks of the prisoners, some trying in vain to stop him advancing towards the chambers by sticking feet in the way or budging their way forward. Their chains stopping such wretched from doing much about it. Such desperate defiance betrayed the fact the ship carried someone of importance indeed, just as he suspected through his years of piracy.

A few long moments passed when Blackbeard returned and brought on deck his majesty, the young prince Merthyr Tydfil, walking with the hands bound behind his back

"To attack royalty is high treason, you will hang for this, I swear it" spat Merthyr in a frown of displeasure, not that Blackbeard seemed bothered by it at all.

Taff the faithful manservant followed Merthyr quietly, keeping the head ducked and compliant and muttering apologies any time he tripped with the scattered items on deck. He was worried and weary of their ill fortune but did his best to neither show fear nor defiance and to remain calm and composed.

"Captain Alex... seems we have all what we need, we can now return to the Rosemary indeed. I´ll leave Dom to take the Golden Arrow back for repairs and this rather fancy vessel too, if you would allow it" pointed out Blackbeard letting the young woman have final say in all matters, as he would with any of his captains.

Alex's eyes roved over the young master and an eyebrow inched it way up at what he said.
"Yer ship gave us chase, fired with not a warnin' and displayed no flags of yer majesty's presence. Therefor I think it best ya shut your trap before we gag you with the rags litterin' the deck." She knew when the time came she would call for Rufus, she did not like Dom. He had beady eyes and Alex wouldn't leave her back to him if she was pressed between him and hyenas.
As the two vessels slowly limped over to the cliffs that hid the rosemary Alex called for Rufus.
"Rufus, I leave you in temporary charge, send Fredric and a few men will navigate the newly captured Rampage and negotiate havin' both ships repaired."
"Aye Cap, we'll take good care of the ships till you return to us." He tried to smile but it was an act he was unaccustomed to so it more like he had bad gas. Soon after she, Blackbeard, Merthyr and his manservant were in one of the Rampages longboats rowing over to the Rosemary.
"OY! Ya louts need to let down a jackobs ladder for us to board." Alex grins. "We have a mighty fine prize to show off."
Merthyr narrowed his eyes in utter displeasure at her words.

"I am nobody's prize or prisoner, not upon my kingdom's water. This... this is a blatant act of high treason" protested Merthyr unphased at her threat, not at all assuming she would indeed dare make good on any threats.

"Maiden... I suggest you mind your manners in which way you address royalty as well, you may address me as your royal highness, I shall respond to nothing less than that" informed Merthyr annoyed at her much too personal address.

"Commoners like you owe respect to royalty and those of higher authority after all" muttered in a lower voice causing Taff to wince.

Taff knew very well pirates were not exactly mannered, familiar with protocol or patient for the matter, more so towards their captives and squinted his eyes briefly wondering how the captain would react to such demands and statements, the situation was precarious enough for them to not need further fuelling the fire of rage.

Merthyr remained silent thereafter as he gazed upwards at the Rosemary. He had seen this ship many a times come and go from the port and had never given it this vessel second thought or least importance. He certainly did not consider what looked to be a merchant vessel a threat at all and now it seems it festered in pirates and rogues and outlaws. Now, now he regretted not having taken greater care and interest and chased it away or drowned it sooner

Alex snarled in the young mans face "Maiden!? I aint nobody bloody maiden!" With that she stomps over to the nearest dead man and tears off a semi clean strip of cloth and ties it around the startles young mans mouth. "Lets see ya call me a bloody commoner threw that..yer Highness." She said the word with a sneer obviously conveying her contempt for the word. Men like him infuriated her to no degree! Thinking that because they were born with a silver spoon in their mouth when it should of been shoved up there...ARGH! Just those people is part of her love of being a pirate, stealing all their wealth and making them look like bloody fools.
"Your highness I would strongly advise that you show some compliance to these rogues' demands, we are clearly disarmed and outnumbered, the situation would not fare well if we anger them further. Thus, we must not give them reason to cause further harm to your persona" advised Taff cringing as Merthyr's mouth was strapped but making no gesture to interfere.

"King Conrad will send the royal army when he notices your prolongued absence, perhaps the ambassador, Sir Henry Morgan, will come to aid your highness. The governor is likely to notice your damaged vessel at the port" suggested Taff, clearly none of the royals aware of Morgan's double standards and so counting on the noble man to help out

Merthyr nodded in acknowledgement unable to speak at all to address his manservant but taking heed of his words of warning, making no refusal to get aboard the Rosemary if it came to that.
Seline Masters (played by Raider-jack29) Topic Starter

Calico wouldn't have to work with the boy long to know two things. The first being that he was an excellent cook, exemplified by the fact he had a large amount of knowledge when it came to various spices and how to cook certain meats. The other thing being that, when Antony said he had a tendency to set fires...he wasn't kidding.
As the kitchen staff were currently fighting off a large one that appeared from the stove tops. Conveniently though, a stash of white Gem was kept nearby that took out the flames instantly as if this was a reoccurring thing. Oh and another thing he learned, this boy was actually the head chef...his new temporary boss.

Oh this is bad, very very bad.
Not only had she lost her mother and all her wealth in one day. But now she about to become an enemy of the crown itself, she did wonder if the prince would even recognize her though. Considering they had only briefly met when they narrowly escaped an arranged marriage.

Luckily she had seen him just as the men lowered the ropes to pull the occupants of the small rowboats up. She was lucky enough to have seen him without him seeing her!

Currently she was hiding in an empty barrel that smelled heavily of alcohol.
Merthyr had to endure the humiliation of being tied by Blackbeard as if he were merchandise and risen above the boat and sea waters all the way up on deck, left abruptly on the Rosemary, standing upright with Taff's immediate unsolicited assistance.

He would have loved to give a protest or two on the matter of his ignominous manhandling but the effective gag made him keep the words and thoughts to himself as he looked up at the crew with defiance in his eyes.

"Would he be hanged or killed? would he be enslaved and made to work or row? would they whip him as he had seen many slaver ships do to their captives?" The thought of torture made him shudder and opted to stop gazing and glancing around, ducking head and sight and staring at his well polished golden boots, everything about him as lavish and expensive as wealth could afford. He was, after all, the future king of the realms and islands beyond.
Calico looked at Antony in a wince, clearly the captain expecting him to submit to the young boy's orders and sighed in defeat, rushing to the cook's side as soon as the fire was set.

"whoa... watch it!" gasped Calico horrified at first at the sudden outburst of flames.

Once the flames were put out, he shook his head with a half amused smile as those working near the head chef tossed the white gem quickly, clearly accustomed to it

"Well... seems... you are indeed in charge of the kitchens. So... what would you have me do, chef?" asked Calico setting aside his bruised pride before Antony had him disciplined for rebellion

Antony let his smirk widen as the fire was finally put out, and calico rushed to the boys side for his assignment. Yes indeed this should be sufficient punishment for calico.

He then made his ear down the hall to exit, making his way on to the deck. He became surprised at the visage of the prince and his man servent. Antony wouldn't be suprised if he was recognized, mostly because along side being a pirate, he handled some spice trade on the side.
"Oh for the love of the gods teach, I'm never gonna find work here again thanks to you."
He muttered under his breath as he approached.
"Your majesty it's an honor to meet again."

Alex stepped off the boat onto the almost white deck of the Rosemary listening the the manservant gabbier on to the gilded boy but at least the gag kept his pompous mouth occupied. As she waited her eyes caught a bob of blond hair poking up out of a barrel.
"Well, well, well, look who I found already belly deep into a booze barrel." She grins down at Seline reaching down to grab the girl by the scruff of her gown.
Merthyr glared at Antony with murderous eyes, clearly, his strapped arms behind the back preventing him from taking up the sword and run the old man through.

He was defiant indeed, and highly offended at the casual greeting yet he could not even return the salutation with a few well chosen bitter words given the gag he sported around the mouth. But... if looks could kill... Antony would most certainly be dead... the traitor.

Calico tasted a few of the dishes and meats that the boy had just finished seasoning, pleasantly surprised at the combinations and flavours, the young man clearly more than capable of conjuring a decent nay a very pleasant dish.

He sighed in relief at the unexpected finding, pleased with himself that at least the food standards would indeed be nowhere as bad as he had feared and envisaged.

There was certainly no need to keep peeling potatoes and reminding every other kitchen asssitant to wash hands and worktops, the two well drilled into their heads by now.

"Clean up as you go along, boys, clean up as you go along" reminded Calico leaving the kitchens having reconsidered his options.

He made his way to the deck to inform Antony he would indeed take up the gruelling task of training Seline after all, when his eyes paused before the prince.

"Oh my giddy aunt, you lot don't make half jobs in my absence, do you?" chuckled the man in disbelief, yet clearly, there he was, the royal crown prince and heir to the throne standing upright and present on the vessel, with his hands bound behind the back in Blackbeard's signature bindings, tight and uncomfortable and a well placed gag to stop him speaking at all.

Calico turned his attention to Antony, disregarding Morgan and his enslaved captive for now.

"Captain... I have certainly reconsidered. I prefer weaponry to the kitchens, so it will be an honor to train the appointed accolite, if you allow for a change of mind on the matter" asked Calico politely knowing he had blown his chance twice already and he may well be forced to stay at the kitchens for a time.

Just as suddenly as Seline hid, she was pulled out of the barrel by the same blue haired girl from before. Having become used to this kind of treatment at this point she only sighs as she stands and steps out of the barrel.
Directing her gaze temporarily to the girl, she quickly mutters "I have some unsavory words for you. But I suspect I'm not the only one." Before attempting to hide behind a large crate nearby.

Just as calico arrived and announced his judgment, why Antony could only smile.
"So, already tired of the kitchens in one day are ye? Well then, ya can start teaching her in the morning."
He then turned his gaze back to the prince
"For the sake of the gods remove his gag, we're pirates, not idiots."
"Well... at least I can leave the kitchens knowing standards have improved" muttered Calico mortified at the remark, a sigh of relief as Antony allow the change in tasks and duties.

"Tell me... how much is my debt or how long am I expected to serve here?" asked Calico having meant to ask this sooner but not having had the chance or opportunity before.

Edward Teach frowned at Antony's demand that the gag be removed from the proud prince

"Remove the gag? Oh absolutely not... my slave is too spiteful with his ill chosen wordings. Until he appears more submissive, no talking, eating, drinking or sleeping for the matter" refused Teach outright nudging Merthyr over to the oars.

"I shall teach him his place, the value of hard work and to appreciate others courtesies..." muttered Blackbeard

"Sit and row till I remember you do exist aboard this vessel after all and don't you dare strain or delay, it would be a shame to shread the fine clothing with a whip because of perceived defiance" frowned Blackbeard tossing the prince and his manservant among the rest of rowing men.

Merthyr looked up wide eyed if alarmed at the casual yet certain threat, having learned quickly that these men did indeed quickly live by their warnings. He tilted the chin towards his shoulders, glanced meaningfully at his elbows to show clearly the lack of hands only for Blackbeard to grumble unhappily at the well made point.

Teach shoved Merthyr forward, rather roughly, turning him to untie his hands and change the bindings to the front and to the oars instead, equally rough, painful and unpleasantly as before.

He paused briefly, running his hands roughly along the prince's waist, the prince's back pressed against his chest, breathing at his neck given the proximity and causing the royal to freeze in fear that perhaps his attire would be indeed removed and he would indeed be forced to endure public humiliation after all. Instead, Blackbeard proceeded to untie and remove the weaponry belt, not about to give the royal access to his daggers or sword for the matter.

"The obnoxious git thought he could win with his fancy fencing..." spat Morgan though his arm now sported a deep gash and sliced arm, clear proof that the prince was no easy unskilled opponent to take down.

"If your both going to do this, id highly advise you to do it elsewhere. The crew of the rosemary does not participate in slave trade or slaughter without a justified cause." Antony stated bluntly to the two men.
"If you both insist on falling back into the dark age of piracy if prefer you didn't try to drag me down with you. And last I recall due to the pirates accord my niece saved the ship and crew of the golden arrow. Meaning the ship itself, as well as its crew currently, and rightfully belong to her. Which means you have illegally commandeered items with the use of another pirates ship."

((Ooc: brb while I update the pirates code, if this seems inconsistent, its because I need to fill in all the plot wholes, and fix my mistakes.))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tales of Eros: the never ending sea

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus