Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tales of Eros: the never ending sea

Alex (played by YokoSama)

Alex had to litterly bite her tongue to keep from gaffawing. JackSworth of Pont-de-Ter?!?! Oh she will forever remember that and use that like a shank on him. A stab from no place. But she couldn't be too distracted by Calicos face of masked embarrassment for Sir Morgan was speaking to her.
His eyes traveled slowly up from her exposed chest and widened slightly at her lavender eyes. Her face flushed in anger when her assumed she was with Calico! Men! Stupid as swine, no that's insultin' the swine! The anger didn't leave her as Calico introduced her and she just remember to offer her hand to Sir Morgan. Well at least that man didn't know her full name, she never let anyone call her Alexandra Alonza and live. She didn't believe there to be anyone left her knew her full name anymore or what it meant.
"It's me,my pleasure Sir Morgan." She dipped into what she thinks is a halfway decent curtsy. What did these men expect she had worn a dress less then one hands worth of times! As she came up from the slightly aquward curtsy her kept her face calm so they wouldn't think anything of it.
That was when she noticed the two far fancier and more accustomed to this type of attire, women. One young skinny with a golden halo of hair around her and the other older, plumper and with darker hair. The young one caught her eye for she had to be the girl Calico talked about. Alex grins. She will be easy to take as long as they gag her. She relaxed a little bit as they walk a few steps away and voiced her opinion to Calico about the girl.
"So after we've snached her we make a break for the docks using carriage or horse and ye said I'll be the diversion. I'll make sure to be loud and flashy." She grinned at that and a few of the guest who happened to be looking at her were aghast at the sharpness of her teeth. "Then we'll be done and off I'll go to plunder Dominica!" Who knows what she might find before she reached the destination but that could be left for later. Whatever he was about to retort with that slight frown on his face was halted by a waiter brining drinks.
"Oh don't mind if I do!" She grabbed two of the glasses for herself and before the waiter left drank one and gave it back to him. "Mum! These fancy boots do know a good wine I have to admit that!" She wasent foolish enough to be loud but she did still drew attention. Mostly from her appearance, many men's wandering eyes lingered on her earning a many more daggers from wives and the other women there. But that wasent the only drawing thing of her appearance but her startling lavender eyes and maroon hair they indicated something feral about her as much as her much to pointy teeth.
As her eyes roved around a dreary band started back up in the corner. Stuffy, old and sleep inducing it droned on while men and woman just as old and stiffly danced around.
"Little wonder to why they are so..droll. The music has no life to is and neither does their dancing. I just hope the food is good!"
Sir Henry Morgan invited the younger woman through the library and to the balcony where they could talk undisturbed. He walked around the various paintings and sculptures displayed among the enormous collection of books and manuscripts and opened the large glass doors that opened with an impressive and detailed view.

"You must forgive my direct approach but time is not on my side, a good friend of mine, a wounded sailor, would like to speak with you, in particular, on-board his ship... would you be willing to come with me and grant him his dying wish?" Asked Morgan softly. "I will repay your kindness with a reward of your choosing" offered Morgan amicably and friendly

"If you refuse, I fully understand, madamme" appeased Morgan not about to speak of his alternative plan in which she would be victim, should she refuse his offer
Seline Masters (played by Raider-jack29) Topic Starter

"You speak honestly sir Morgan but I must decline, simply upon the grounds that I know not this man you speak of. It would also be horribly rude for you to leave court without prior notice."
She acknowledged sir Morgan's request with a proper decline fallowed by a curtsie. She did not trust this man as she had well and good knowledge of his more private affairs. Believe it or not the men in the ship yards were quite the gossip hounds once they got a few mugs of ale in their system.

Soon the court would begin to speak on matters of state and tax. Of which she had no part in seeing as she was underage and a woman.
Soon there came a time when her mother gave her a quick nod as the rest of the nobels, including sir Morgan, began an in depth discussion on southern trading goods.

Seeing them amply distracted, she made her way through the large palace and beyond the gardens. Soon she would reach a small sloping hill that when looking upon the other side, was a cliff hundreds of feet in the air. Below which was a craggy area of sharp rocks and water.

It is here that she felt at peace, upon the edge of the sea. Which would be as close as she ever got.
Sir Henry Morgan waved at the scribes and lords and merchants to join him for the discussion, looking at Calico Jack and his partner shaking his head negatively yet discreetly to inform the pair the girl had refused and they would have to resort to the less honorable ways to make it happen.

"Come on, butterfly, we've work to do" muttered Calico Jack wasting no time to follow Seline to her destination, which was most conveniently out of sight thus giving them ample opportunity to seize the girl undisturbed

She kept quiet mostly, pretending not to hear the shifting dirt, nor the cracking of small prices of wood as calico neared. Just as she knew he was close enough however, she turned to give him a big cheesy smile and proceeded to throw herself from the cliff. Into the waters below.
"Easier still then, no witnesses upon the sea waters" nodded Calico immediately diving after her with confidence, letting Alex follow suit. He sounded the horn he used during raids, certain the crew would bring row boats, nets and seize the pair of them to bring them onboard, the swimming spot not too far from The Rosemary or the Golden Arrow
Ryiah Sendara Bet'Lu (played by BreezyDawn)

(So sorry! Backing out of this one. Have fun!)

"Butterfly!" Alex snarled as she stalked after Calico. She caught his look and her cusses became an intelligible mumblings. They followed the flaxen haired girl outside were the ocean breeze was strong. The girl was oblivious to them behind her untill she turned around and flashed them a big smile and Leo off the cliff edge.
"Stupid girl," Alex grins "the water is my true element." She kicked off her awful shoes and leaped in right on Calicos heels.
The cliff bent in on itself so in the gloom the crashing waves were not right below them, but that did mean the current was. Alex blinked and her nictitating membrane covered her eyes allowing her to see clearly underwater. The dark sweeping water engulfed her. The fowl dress soaking up water like a sponge and annoyed her to no end much more now. She looked around searching for her prey.
As soon as Calico Jack sounded his horn, the crew scrambled from the Golden Arrow, lowering row boats to head towards the edge of the cliff, certain the sound had come from that direction.

Rufus, the master-at-arms, had been keeping watched on the building and saw, not one, but three figures be cast into the waters. He added two and two together and directed his men to the area with enough boats to seize the three bodies, whether friends or foes, that remained to be seen.

Once they got close enough, he frowned startled to see not one, but two ladies amidst the waters, casting nets and ropes to try to capture the pair with ease, yet failing to notice Calico.

The misfortunate had miscalculated the drop when his footing gave way and ended up hitting his head against the edge of the cliff before plunging into the water, his motionless body, floating away and drifting with the sea waves further away.

Rufus frowned at Alex for a while unsure if to believe that a woman, a young woman, was indeed their new chosen captain but that remained to be seen, for now they had enough work to grab the pair back onboard.

The scent of blood drifted with the ocean waves. Alex's gills flush with a rush of cold water and she searched for the smell of blood but a thing above her thrashed. She nashed her teeth and started to swim the easy prey but then she found that she could not swim properly. Something was around her trapping her, she flailed around in the next as she was hauled up out of the water. She was ungraciously dumped onto the deck and something else heavy falls onto of her. This pins her down long enough that she calms down. She shoves the squealing squirming bundle off her.
"Get this bleedin' rottin' garbage off me!" She untangles herself out of the net and glares as the nearest man. He backs off as she looks about the deck, the men most were in the rigging but a few on deck dealing with the next. The officer was at the stern by the helm staring down at her. She glances past him and look to the rigging to see how the sails were set and how the winds were blowing. Simply by standing she could feel how the waves were pushing the ship. She quickly strides up to the Quarter deck quickly assuming the man standing near the helm, not at it, was her 1st officer.
"Do you see this riggin'? You got her locked and the waves are pushin' ya to the bleeden rocks. If this is the shoddy work I can be expectin' from ya then yer might as well jump overboard now." The man sneered at her then called out the commands that aloud the sails to get wind and move away from the rocks. As she ship moved away Alex turned round and faced the crew, she watched how the took the orders, how they moved on deck and nodded. They will do.
The ship moved swiftly out from the rocks and away from the shore. A muffled scream tried to escape out on the deck. Not even thinking Alex shouted
"Silence her! We aint the decoy anymore. Thar be no reason for them to be comin' after us unless they hear her." The crew hesitated, not used to taking orders from a woman and not knowing who this particular woman was. "As yer new Captain ye best be jumpin' faster then that when the Red coats or White ships be talin' us!" with that a few sneered at her but two snapped to and grabbed the girl and gagged her.
"Capt' weren yer wantin' her?" One of the men slurred.
"Take her to my cabin and tie her to a chair then leave her. We'll need all men on deck here." She turns to the 1st mate. "We'll be needin' to make full speed out of here. The other ship be the Rosemary she's the decoy now. And I need to get out of the bleedin' rags. I trust you can get us headin' towards the sunny Dominican." She revived a gruff nod from the 1st mate as she stepped off down to her cabin to change to something more appropriate.
In her cabin the wet bundle of a girl sat tied to a chair screwed in place. The sayin' of "'If looks could kill' came to her mind. "Dont be glarin' at me like that girl. Yer the one who jumped off the bleedin cliff." She gives her a sharky grin "We were just here for tha catch." as she spoke she began to undress and walk around in her small clothes. grabbing things from her chest and changing into them. "Now if I'm goin' to be stuck with ya I need to know yer name. IA int goin' to just call ye girl." With that she buttoned up her vest and yanked down the girls gag.

She had to admit it to herself that these were the first kidnapers to ever actually fallow her off the clif. She was hoping that at the least the sharp rocks would take care of them. Now she sat across from...what she thinks is a woman, and shared a glare.
You can bet that when her gag fell she spoke. "Oh bite me you mangey fish."
She hissed in spite.

"As much as I love pirates your the worst of them...mainly because your records suggest your directionally challenged. Also that you can't set a bloody sail right."

Alex grins at the little reed-fish. "Oh our little reed-fish has a silver-pikes tongue." Alex could feel the deck starting to roll, longer between each switch of direction indicating they were going out to deeper waters. "Do yer now? and Where do ye be gettin' those ideas." Alex toyed with the girl stepping closer and grabbed her cherub cheeks in her hand. "Now I asked fer yer name Girl now spit it out." She sneered at the little girl.
"Castaway floating about!" spotted Capello

"Grab him, if he's alive, he'll do for rowing" muttered Dom watching the men grab the unconscious man roughly out of the water and bring him down the brig, after they confirmed he was still breathing despite his head wound and unconsciousness.

"Huh.. these posh snobs have two swigs of watered wine and drunkenly fall over the cliff... serves him right... few weeks with whips and rowing and the work shy one will make a ready to sell work mule " scoffed Dom disgusted at the wounded lord

None recognized their captain, Calico Jack, given his expensive refined attire, shaved face and trimmed hair, much too different from the scruffy pirate they knew.

They left him in a cage, well chained and gagged, in case he woke up aggressive or barking, and came to inform the interim woman in charge

"Woman... we fished a man out of the water, he is down the brig, if you agree, we'll put this slave to work at the oars when he wakes" informed Dom DiMaggio talking loud from the corridor without entering her quarters and going back to his job, cleaning and storing the nets

"THATS CAPTAIN ALEX YA BILGERAT!" She shouted at the man. She looked at the girl again and frowned dragging the gag back into her mouth. She stormed out of her cabin snarling looking for the oaf who called her. "I dont give a damn about the drowned man you found, if he lives good, if he dies good. One we can work and trade the other we dont need to feed. Now..."She quickly stepped up the stairs to the quarter deck at stood at the rail looking down at most of the assembled crew. " Again I am yer Captain now. I am to be addressed as so. If ye got a problem with takin' orders from a woman well get over it or leave MY ship." she snarled out the last part "I got use for scum that cant be takin' orders." She snapped around to the 1st mate behind her. "If that is settled I'd like to know my officers names."
A gruff looking man, with an unkempt beard and only slightly disheveled clothing glared at her. "Im Rufus, yer 1st mate." He jerked his head at a tall, scrawny man with a thin mustache stood formally to the side. "he be.."
"And I am 2nd officer Fredric." He bowed at Alex, that and the ragged he was trying to keep clean alerted Alex to that he was once a part of the Gracious Navy. While standing next to him was a younger boy. He either kept looking at the deck or up into the rigging but wouldn't look directly at Alex. A bit young Alex thought but then she wasent one to judge based off age. He mumbled something at the deck.
"Speak up, I aint got time for yer mumblin. Boy." That got his cheeks flushed.
"Gulliver Sir. 3rd officer Gulliver!" She arched an eyebrow. Well at least the boy has a pair, just needs a bit of prodding. And I need to get onto them about this Sir thing, but that can wait She nods at all her officers.
"Fine bunch we got here. Now once we come round this bend we should be able to see the Rosemary. We will signal to her our intended course and we will part way. Well hall ass south while she'll make her way north to catch Sir Morgans fleet for us. Savy?" She looked around and saw no resistance. "Aye then lets open more sail on her to cat even the all mightys fart."
Calico woke up to find himself chained, caged and sore. He chewed away at the gag to loosen it and barked out his first orders

"Tell that butterfly to fetch me a healer" shouted Calico aloud certain the crew and Alex herself would hear him

His tone was mostly annoyed if irritated due to the pain from the sore head and the wound that was bleeding made more sore by the sea's salty water

"Cap'n the drowned man we found he's awake." Dom grins for when he heard the yells he recognized Cap'n Calico's hollerin'. Alex turned her violet gaze on the man, he shivers eyes that color aint normal.
"And why should I care if a drowned rat is hollin' for me from the brig?" she sneered then a thought entered her mind about Calico jumped as well. Aw **** She growled "Take me to him" Down into the brig she followed the hulking man. She stopped in-front of the bound, but no longer gagged man and grinned. "Give me the key and go above decks." She put out her hand and a grunt followed jingling and a key being placed in her hand. She waited until the lumbering steps were far away. "Well, well, well. Our drowned rat turns out to be the Commodore rat. Though it seems like none here recognize you." Her grin was vicious. "If I had the mind to I could cut out your tongue and none be the wiser of who ye be." She unlocked the brig and stepped in right next to the chained Calico. Dragging a long nail across his face. "Now why should I not do that?" She grinned at him enjoying the game.
"Come now, butterfly, you have far more to loose than to gain maiming me" protested Calico at the suggestion of cutting off his tongue

"Did you get the girl? did you deliver her at The Rosemary?" asked Calico Jack reminding himself of the given task, pausing to answer her remark.

"I don't normally spend too much time on these small ships, I prefer the bigger slavers where the valuable cargo travels and a firmer hand is needed, it's been a whole two seasons since I've seen these scallywags, I just read out the reports from Dom and pay the provisions needed.

Last time these rats saw me, I was sporting a scruffy meaner look, with blong black beard rather unkempt, long moustache, long black hair let loose, wearing a long red coat of golden buttons, a large black feathery hat over my red bandanna, you know... dressed in a proper pirate outfit... I cannot fault them for not noticing me with these more handsome and refined looks, it's new to them and most, it has been years since I was last lord Jacksworth Pont-de-Ter..." trailed Calico Jack uncomfortably, letting her run the finger across his face

"Alright then, captain, cut it out and tell me, what will become of me?" quizzed Calico talking in a business tone, serious yet respectful

Her eyes flash at the name butterfly again. 'Aye we've got the girl. Shes safe from the men in my cabin. And we'll be signalling the Rosemary soon." Her eyes narrowed as he spoke. Dom sends the reports? Not the officers or the previous captain? Hum... She will have to keep a sharp eye on this Dom. Him mentioning his rather ludicrous sounding name brought a grin to her face. "Aye I guess we can be forgivin' them for the mistake. Yer do be dressed as a fancy Lord and with a name like Point-de-Ter I wouldn't be forgettin' the idea of it either." She noticed him dry swallow as she traced a long nail on him and grinned. She does enjoy playing with her food but he is still better alive. Besides it would be a shame to waste such a pretty face. "Oh yer far too stiff for this kind of teasing Calico." She chuckles, but still not moving to unlock him yet. "Did ya not think that yer reputation be procedin' ya? The great Calico Jack a fine man know to pillage not only the seas but the hearts of women." Her eyes gleam in the darkness "I have no pity for women who let themselves be tricked by ye but I will forever remind you that it was I Captain Alex, a Woman, who held your life in her hands and I Chose to let you live." She leaned in closer to his face, the smell of dried blood tickling the back of her nose, close enough to kiss, or bite. "You owe ME Calico. Dont ye ever be forgetting that." She had much higher aspirations then just this little ship.
Without her knowledge Dom had called for the healer and sent him down to the bilges. And as those words left Alex's lips the door opened and the healer started to waddle down the stairs. A short man, nearly as wide as he was tall with spectacles on his bulbous red nose. "I was coming as quickly as I could be. I am here now. Now who needs some healing? Or is it stitching?" Alex slowly straightened never loosing eye contact from Calicos uncertain eyes.
"Yes ya were called to heal this man here. No stitches, we dont want to mar his face." She sneered at that last remark as the fat man shuffled over to Calico.
"Scar, mar? Aww no no I guess we wouldn't want to do that to him now would we." He opens up a big bag half full of mostly looking equipment and the other with bandages. "Quick quick." he mumbled as he looked at Calicos head wound nodding his own head. "No scaring. I can fix this in mere moments." With that he cleans the wound and abruptly puts some sort of paste on Calicos wound to numb it then in no time the wound was stitched up and bandaged. "There done! See no time at all and...OH! Captain Ca Ca Ca Calico! I didnt recognize you!" He tries to pop to a salute or something but realizes he has tools in his hands and just muddles it "Uh..well. I'll uhm be off now!" With that he quickly waddles back up the stairs Alex chuckling at him as the door closes.
"What a odd man. Now I guess I should be letin ya out of those chains for I assume yer also be jumping ships to the Rosemary with the girl?" With that she unlocks the holding chain that kept his arms and legs immobilize.
"Watch it woman... no indecent advances allowed" frowned Calico as she got closer to him, pursing his lips listening at her gloating. "Aye, aye, captain Alex, I knew I did right and well letting you in charge of this ship and task. You have indeed spared my life and I do indeed owe you one, but if you like to keep your tongue in place, best you forget any lordly titles attached to my name" muttered Calico following her up the deck.

"Whilst on this ship, captain, your command prevails" granted Calico "I try not to impose on my captains when we happen to share a trip" assured with a broad smile, a mild blush still on his cheeks at her unwanted and unexpected closeness, for a moment worrying she might have kissed him after all just to taunt him all the more so

"Let us go see the girl... if I may" muttered Calico

'boy they've been out there for awhile'she thinks as a sweat drop rolls down her face. As she looks around, she takes an assessment of her situation. She's currently tied to a chair in Someone's rooms, clearly out at sea considering the thick smell of sea salt in the air. Not far from her was a bed that was quite literally nothing but the mattress. With some really faded green blankets on it, and the pillows a faded yellow covered in hair and crumbs she hoped to Oceanus came from food. Next to the bed was a single torch filled with active red Gem that gave off a certain warmth. 'Alright operation escape the idiots is a go!'She told herself as she began to move the chair in small hops to the direction of the torch.

Though it pained her she gripped one of the Gem in her palms, her back twords the torch, and took the still very much active and hot material to her bindings. Burning first through her rope on her hands, and then the ones at her legs. She then removed the gag she had on her this entire time and let in a large gasp of breath before speaking "To be honest I'm not even sure if that was actually a woman or not."

Her gaze shifts once more to the red Gem in the torch before she glances around to see if anyone was watching her. After finding it safe, she took a handful(making sure they were inactive this time).
She then stuffed an active one under the bed sheets just to mess with whoever slept there before stepping out of the room.

Sadly as she made her way down the hall she failed to notice the fact that the room she had previously been in was now engulfed in flames. Until such time as she turned around and noticed the door being taken over by flames 'oh crap!' she told herself as she hightailed it in the opposite direction.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tales of Eros: the never ending sea

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus