Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tales of Eros: the never ending sea

"Merthyr is no fool, he was trained by a pirate in survival, he probably overheard our conversations earlier regarding your niece and your intention to leave her your ship, thus willing to take both away.

He is hurting and angered, unlike his father, his resolve and morals are quite solid so far, thus he cannot be easily bribed. He is stubborn too, not easily convinced to change his decision on matters, but not as ruthless as Blackbeard or Morgan, for now.

In his current fury and raging grief, though, he will wage wars. I have no doubt he will expand and dominate all the lands.

Tony, the empress fears her days are numbered. Conrad was visiting her when the man fell ill and sent word for me to collect him. Merthyr will undoubtedly blame her if he hears of this and raise that kingdom to the ground with the rest to follow

Empress Tamina tried to send a healer with me to revive king Conrad but the man was too far gone to do anything about him... the gems and remedies didn't work..." sighed Calico

"Luckily, you still have your neck over your shoulders which is more than I feared. As for your niece, it is her mother who wrote to king Conrad to demand her daughter is found a good worthy noble husband. Merthyr will fulfill what the father failed to do, it is his duty after all to listen to his nobles requests..." muttered Calico in a light uncomfortable cough not about to discuss his own predicament.

"Besides Merthyr has not had time to properly mourn, contains the wrath by bottling it up and that can only lead to worse matters... I think we will avoid the port for a time, stay on the waters till things calm down and he returns to his senses" muttered Calico

"After, I will talk to Merthyr about your niece, you need not worry about her... leave it with me..." muttered Calico
Alex (played by YokoSama)

"Well if I was feelin' fickle I could kill ya, forge yer hand and say you were overcome with greif from the loss of yer pa or something like that, and killed yourself." She shrugs "Or I could ask ya to think past yer anger and really think how will this benifit yer Kingdom. How much trade do we scrowey pirates bring to yer purses? And if you enact these kinds of restrictions then well we may be forced to trade elsewhere as well as now yer own vessels are now game. And not only yer vessels but the crews on those vessels, all will become fair game. Then of course there is the fact that because we have been trading here so long we know all the points to exploit, we could sell those points to the highest bidder, usually a rival of yer kingdom. But" She put one hand up and waved it "I am, as you think, just a lowly commoner so what of lording should I know." she stood there waiting for his response, while thinking of some particullary nasty chores for him to do next.
Merthyr jumped to his feet, letting the chair drop out of the way as he turned punching Alex across the face and twisting her wrist behind the back still he had her kneeling, leaning close her ear.

"Never... threaten... my crew... pirate. Lord Jacksworth could be sailing on any of those vessels and I won't have him harmed" muttered Merthyr anger sipping through his voice before releasing the grip and tearing the parchments into pieces and out to sea.

"I will reconsider writing trading treaties... later..." muttered Merthyr in no mood to write any more now that she had dared speak such treacherous against his ships and crew.

Alex was caught flatfooted as he lept out of his chair and hit her. As he growled into her ear she grinned. So he did have a bit of his spine left. And as soon as he let her go she started to laugh.
"Ha so the tamed tabby is still a lion after all." She clicked her teeth as she almost said something undesireable to him about Lord Jacksworth. Instead she smirked at him.
"Aye and how do ya think he would fair as my slave like yourself? I haent treated ya to badly. Much better then Blackbeard would thats for sure. I maybe a harsh mistress to please but not unnecessarily brutal." She saw him shake with rage at her comment but she didnt let it sit long.
"Now that yer done with paperwork it time fer ya to do some real work." She looked him over in the nice clothing. "First back to yer rags from before, no need to ruin another mans clothes." She turned around leading him out of Antonys office back to Calicos quarters were his old clothing were still there. "Be quick about it." She said as she pointed at his clothing, leaning against the door waiting and watching.
"Just... give me some moments. Lord Antony is not an overall bad man. He served me and my father rather well, despite his dubious side dealings..." sighed Merthyr taking parchment from Calico's desk to write an open trading treaty which would neither limit the ports nor goods, far more generous than any other merchant had ever been given before, a carte blanche in fact.

Then turned to look at Alex "Do turn around... you're not my manservant after all" remarked Merthyr picking up his old rags.

Alex guffaed at his comment. "Nay I be not that. But I do like to look at pleasin' things. So I thinks I am good were I stand." She did extend her hand out for his new trade treaty. "As for that I will make sure Captain Antony gets it in his hands only. For yer going to be working and we dont need that getting smudged." She chuckled at the though of which activity she will have him do, scrape off barnicals? Go tar the lines on the top royals, maybe the ones up in the jiboom, or she did see some areas were the varnish was looking flaky and that might need to be replaced.
Merthyr winced at being called a pleasant thing to look at, still, he came over handing her the signed parchment and took his clothes making his way to the washing room to get changed away from her preying eyes.

"I´ll be out shortly" muttered Merthyr slamming the door shut, grateful to have at least this breathing space.

Alex chuckled as the pouting prince sulkingly slammed the door. She then red over the paper and nodded, much better Cap Antony should be quite pleased with it. Finally the prince came out of the washroom, dressed to do some dirty work.
"bout time you girl. Now yer goin' to be hauled over the side to hang in a bosun's chair and will scrape off anythin' tryin' to live on the side of this here ship. Get with one of the deck hands and they will direct ya in what yer goin' to do." With that she opened the door and ushered him out, watching him resignedly go up the stairs. "I said go! Not to loll about to it. Get, move with a purpose!" She snapped at him. Once he was gone she was off to find Cap Antony. This brought her to the kitched and found him talking to of all else but Calico as well.
"Well well, here ya are hidin'" She grins sarcastically at Calico; then she turns to look at Antony. "I got the prince to rethink his original offer into somethin' more...beneficial to us. These be his words not mine." She held out the parchment for Antony to take.
Calico turned to look at Alex

"How is his majesty faring?" quizzed Calico examining the parchment briefly and handing it over to Antony as good and valid and willingly written, knowing the king's handwriting well enough to spot when he wrote relaxed from when he wrote under pressure.

Ale shrugs "Eh he's a stubborn pompous prince who be taking issue with havin his place taught. But" She grins and winks at Calico "He just be a simple man so quite easy to come round to my way of thinkin'" she lets out a low chuckles with that. "Ah thinkin' of that he might be benifitin' from ya speaking to him. Hes far too moody and I thinks its cause he aint delin' with losin' his pa." She crosses her arms in front of her ample chest. "He speaks about ya a lot there Jacksworth." she says with a sneer. "You two were apparently quite unseparable." She chuckles at her own implications. "Quite a lot." she adds.
"I know, I know.... why else do I have to appoint a captain for every single ship under my command" sighed Calico

"Royal duties can be very straining and demanding indeed... and yes, being his tutor, makes his grace somewhat attentive to my persona" nodded Calico accepting that

"but it is beneficial to have the law on my side when raids turn sour... it has saved many men's necks" smiled Calico broadly "What has he been saying about me this time?" quizzed Calico curiously "I trust nothing to do with marriage?" asked Calico weary

Alex held back a smile and said in a vary serious tone. "Thats been one of his topics. He likes to go on how a common, dirty mouthed, horribly person that he has issues believin' is a woman would never be someone worth of his Jacksworth. His Jacksword would only find a woman of noble birth, one with poise, and knew how to act like ladies should. He did go on about the qualities she would have to be worthy for you, and use me as an opposin' to that fictitious woman." She let out a low chuckle "Though bein' a man if I just prod his sense of dignity or honor he gets mighty flustered and that works much better." she chuckles a bit. "Specially after his swim. I almost though I had grabby a tabby miradin' itself as a lion." She noded her head at the parchment. "He wasn't to keen to write that, it took a bit of convincin' on my part." She wrinkled her brows "The first beein' disastrous for us." And idea struck Alex.
"So Calico, how does a lowlife such as yerself get mixed in with highbloods like our pet prince?" She turns her lavender gaze onto Calico expecting a good answer.
Calico cleared his throat lightly

"I was born into royalty and nobility, from my father's and mother's sides. Such is inherited since birth. I just... well... have other paths I like to purse, as well" remarked Calico straightening up at her line of questioning.

"I wager my sword I could convince his majesty to let Sirina,Tony's nice, have that charming chef, despite his better judgment" smiled Calico knowing he had the king entirely wrapped around his little finger.

"Talking him out of this ship and crew that will be more difficult... I might make it but it will need a lot more time" sighed Calico rubbing the back of his neck uncomfortably
Seline Masters (played by Raider-jack29) Topic Starter

In one day, Roselind had her daughter disappear. Was sold into slavery, and not seconds later was freed. She could only assume her brother had something to do with this and unfortunately this is what lead her to her current predicament. She thought she'd never wear these again, never wanted to either. Sadly her present situation was an emergency. She ripped the sleeves off her elegant scarlet ballgown, reminding herself to blame it on the tailor later.

She then climbed down the marble stairs of her home her heels clicking against the smooth floors as she neared the bottom. Soon she would reach the bottom,passing the elegant dining room with a freshly varnished table, and the library with a roaring hearth. She eventually made her way to a mostly blank wall, all except for a single painting.

This painting depicted three young children, one of them was a scarlet haired girl in a yellow sleeveless dress, her eyes nearly closed as she smiled widely, her bangs framing her eyes.
To her right on a small pile of gold coins was another scarlet haired child with piercing green eyes like the girls. He wore a large red coat not much larger than himself with bright yellow buttons. His face decorated with a defiant smirk, and his white undershirt decorated with mustard stains. At his side was a blade, a small dagger with a single peice of purple Gem inlayed in its golden hilt.

Behind them both was a third child in a plain white shirt, his pantaloons torn through with many wholes and his face covered in dirt. His smile was the wildest of all, was his smile, the child's infectious toothy smile. His amythest purple eyes barely showing under the crooked crown that layed upon his head of golden hair.

Rosalind could, and would only ever smile at this picture when she got the chance to see it. It brought back good memories, solid memories of times that seemed like not so long ago.
Brushing the thought aside, she hesitantly removed the painting from the wall and set it aside gently.

Behind the painting was a small rectangular hold on the wall. Where inside sat a box just small enough to fit inside. She pulled out the box slowly, after so long...she was doing something she thought she'd never have to do again. Slowly opening the box she revealed out two unusual objects. There in the box was a pair of silver arm bands, coated with dust and yet not rusted. Inlayed in them were two shards of Gem unlike those seen before, for these matched the silver colour of the bands perfectly.

"Hello old friends, been a long time hasn't it?" She asked the bands rhetorically as she put them back on her wrist, enjoying the cool feel of the metal.

Swiping her thumb across one of them, she enjoyed the low humm as they both slowly kicked to life. Soon they began to glow, their bright silver colours bouncing off the walls.

"Silver Gem, the embodiments of greed and precious metals. I once more call on you, lead me to that which I desire Most." She spoke seriously and lowly. The gen glowed brighter as if to respond before dimming.

Putting the box back in the whole in the wall and replacing the painting. She turned around, preparing to go to the city to start her search, knowing Antony couldn't keep Seline locked up for long even if he wanted to. Glancing back at the painting, she once more gave a ghost of a smile, gazing at the wrists of the small girl in the painting that layed across her lap. They bore the same cuffs as she now wore herself.she then turned and departing on her way.
Meanwhile, Antony payed little attention to the conversation between calico and Alex. His eyes on an identical painting, he soon let out a sigh as he remembered the simplicity of those days in early childhood. Nothing but him, his best friend, and his sister. Out to explore, treasure hunt, and change the world. He remembered the days...the original crew of the rosemary, the very first rosemary.

Meanwhile, a very different crew of pirates had hidden themselves in the palm trees, just beyond the towns edge. This city was so small it was bound to be easy pickings. And their captain would get exactly what he wanted. Voluntarily or not. With those Rosemary rats gone, it would be even simpler.
Calico sighed and patted Alex briefly.

"Alex... I think it may be best we raise a green flag of warning and get the Golden Horn or the Silver Spear to approach so that we can offboard this vessel and make haste to the lands beyond. Some lively sailing would do us good and would exonerate Tony from the king's wrath further" mused Calico having seen Tony stare at the painting

"I will train his niece in the art of swordfighting as earliest opportunity... but... she herself isn't willing to stay aboard long enough for such opportunity, and retaining his majesty here is only brewing further tension where there should be none.

With the trade treaty in place, we could not benefit this ship further. I will let his majesty decide whether he wishes to stay upon the Rosemary... unless Antony objects. Go on best you accompany me to the kitchens for now... the chef is absent too and my food is ... well.... my food" muttered Calico rolling up his sleeves to make sure the meal would be smoothly done.
Merthyr had gone back to deck, over the railings, and strapped on a rope and removing barnacles with the pointer of a dagger to make the task easier, there were many to be removed and the chore was made all the more difficult by the splashes of sea, gushes of wind that made him dangle and scorching sun, not to mention the occasional smack from a too keen rower with their oars.

Still he found the task manageable enough to keep at it, his eyes occasionally drifting to the horizon.

He would be released sooner or later and return to his palaces and castle for sure... for now... he had to work hard like the rest and learn the difficulties of such hard work.

Contrary to his earlier belief, it seems, sentencing men to slavery and hard labour at the docks was harder and more dangerous than locking them up at the dungeons after all.

As he was scraping the wood planks, he gazed at Antony and the painting though he could no longer see Alex and only partially Calico, a small smile of relief to see the two men talking at least, before returning his gaze at the ship and the work
Henry Morgan on the other hand had sent out the royal navy out in full as he had promised to lady Rosalind to find his missing daughter.

By doing so he left the port and city unguarded and unarmed but he did not expect any attacks upon the city at the time of such decision, given he had not received any reports from any sightings. Little did he know that danger was indeed lurking at the far end of the island already and with Calico, Blackbeard and Tony gone, the city was indeed in dire circumstances.

Morgan expected the ships to find the girl and bring her back after Antony had stated his business unaware that he was intending for the girl to stay onboard and be trained by Calico in the art of swordfighting which would require longer time.

He returned to the palace, writing a message to the empress to arrange a possible royal visit which he was certain Merthyr would undertake sooner than later, given his father was there when he was alive last and the boy would want to know more about his father's illness that brought him to the grave

Alex knew a bit more about royal bloodlines and the strict rules they are imposed with then she let on, so she still found Calico's tail a bit far fetched. Yet she did not protest for it may bring questions she did not want to be asked.
"Aye, I be agrrein' with ya on that one." She chuckled "Back to the kitchens with ya, ya mangy mutt. And cook me up something mighty tasty!" She spoke loud enough for most around to hear as to emphasize the portrayal of Lord Jacksworth captivity. She then turned and marched to the stern of the vessel, again hailing a cabin boy to fetch her the green flag. The boy skitted off and short retunred to her a large square green flag, which she proceeded to hoist at the stern of the vessel. The wind was light but she still furled out nicely waving and calling for one of her new ships to make its way to her. She then turned her eyes on the helmsman.
"Do yer eyes cross before ya, look at the sails! Your puttin' her to the irons come starboard 10 and hold her there." She snapped at the man slouching at his post. He snapped up and nodded with ah loud "Aye Mam'" as he brought the ship into the wind. This keep her from drifting back into the hidden cove the Rosemary had been hiding in. It wasent long before the call of 'SAILS of tha Port Quarter!' was heard. Alex was impressed by the speed the Golden Horn or the Silver Spear made to be approaching so soon. Then the bottom fell out as the next call echoed over the deck
"NAVY SAILS! She be flying the ROYAL colors!!"
Calico look at Alex

"Royals flags? The navy is giving us chase already? But the girl isn't even aboard? If they were to demand her.... no way we could deliver her" muttered Calico feeling he was missing pieces on this game of chess

"Leave the king behind with Tony, Blackbeard and you and I shall cross over to the Golden Arrow and liaise with them. I cannot risk loosing the king before his grieving time is done and I cannot let them destroy this ship either... Worse case, if we were to be defeated let them seize us and I will explain myself to governor Morgan..." muttered Calico rubbing his forehead
Seline Masters (played by Raider-jack29) Topic Starter

Seline, while running about the island. Ran into her mother who grabbed her and her friend by the wrist and dragged them to the manor. Throwing them in separate rooms she told them to change into proper clothing. It had all gone by so fast, one minute she was wandering the streets along side the strange cat boy. The next she was back in her home being forced into a corset. Anything that happened in between was a blur, no conversation, no warm hugs of return. Just a grab and go.

Back on the rosemary, captain Antony continued to stare fondly at the painting in utter silence.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tales of Eros: the never ending sea

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus