Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tales of Eros: the never ending sea

Seline Masters (played by Raider-jack29) Topic Starter

"Now we know calico, your debt will never be repaid. Welcome to the crew."
Antony spoke with a bitter laugh in his voice
"Now I'm about to give you the most grueling punishment of all, one I would not wish upon the worst of my enemies."
He spoke as he turned to calico, a malicious gleam in his eyes.

"You my dear lad are going to teach my niece swordplay and combat."
Calico was sipping his wine skin at the time when he splattered the mouthful all over Antony at the shock of the unexpected horrid news, wincing embarrassed as he rushed to wipe it off with his handkerchief

"Her? Me training her? Enduring her presence every hour of the day and condemned at her command and whim?! I am nobody's slave or mentor! You must be jesting captain Tony, I'll walk the plank or row the oars with hourly whipping any time before doing that. You've no idea how much I struggled to restrain myself and my crew over her company already.... you must offer an alternative..." gasped Calico wide eyed looking weary at the crew

"Really... you can't be serious..." winced Calico in protest

"I'm as serious as ever my lad."
He stated with a large smile as he leaned in to calico's ear and whispered to him.
" welcome back to square one of piracy my boy. Welcome home, the crew has missed you so very much. EspeciallyThegirls. You'll start in the kitchens tonight as well."
"Look I know our code of conduct well. The laws of piracy are as follows. In accordance with the rules established by Edward Teach and more importantly Sir Henry Morgan.

No pirate may harm another's relatives, such betrayal leads to slavery or death.

Pirates are free to sack cities and islands in search of gold and gem. However if another pirate has laid claim to the island and surrounding cities prior to the attack, you must either pay him a fee within equal amount to that which you stole, or defeat said pirate in combat.

We are also not to harm or enslave those who cannot fight, be it ill women, young children, the sick or the elderly. Should this law be broken, the penalty will be decided by the elders or the pirate currently occupying the region itself. This law however only applies if they are not able to fight or carry weaponry or are preoccupied by illness. Otherwise your free to kill and enslave as you wish.

If a pirate with a regional island claim is defeated in battle, his land automatically belongs to the one that had defeated him. Refusal to hand the lands over is punishable by walking the plank in open seas or indefinite slavery

If a pirates vessel, and/or crew is rescued by an individual or another group. That vessel and crew thereby belong to said individual/group until which time a debt has been paid by the captain of the vessel.

Any debts owed to another captain, must be paid in full. In any way the other captain desires, regardless of formal status and hierarchy.

Though pirates are heavily advised to not engage in the active slave trade, there are a few important things to note.

1. Once a slave is captured, the pirate is to have them medically examined for any illnesses that may effect their productivity. If any are found, the pirate is required to lower the price of said slave in accordance of the severity of said illness.

Failure to do so is punishable by loss of funds in which the new owner of the slave is to be paid a full refund by the pirate in question.

2. Slaves may regain their freedom in two ways. Either they must defeat their captive/master in single combat or they may work of their debt with 5 years worth of hard labour in service of said master

3. Once a slave is free, their former captors/master. Must provide them with temporary lodging until such time as they can manage on their own.

I don't need to be reminded of it, I just didn't know she was you kin" remarked Calico

"Oh come on, I brought you the insufferable wench here and this is how you repay me?" Quizzed Calico

"What if... I were to refuse your demands?" Asked Calico wearily weighing his options

Antony looked calico up and down. He knew well this man would prefer death over simply teaching his niece sword skill and combat. So he began to think and contemplate, what could he say to convince him. He could claim all calico's possessions, seeing as calico would be nothing but a man good with a sword without his ships and men. But managing the MASSIVE crew of the rosemary was enough for him without having to worry about five more ships with their own crews.

Just then, he got a glimmering idea. One he was sure would...change his point of view.
"Fine then calico, you don't have to teach her swordplay. All you have to do is work in the kitchens as a member of the crew. until I deem your debt payed off.
"Blasted waters, you know very well I'm no kitchen maid... reduced to a kitchen boy... doubt I could sink any lower..." grumbled Calico unhappily, untying his weaponry to disarm and watched quietly as his finest swords and prized dangers clanked when the steel touched the ground.

"Fine, have it your way, captain" muttered Calico

He rolled up his sleeves and dropped his pirate hat knowing it would be more hampering than helpful in the hot steamy if muggy kitchens. He tied the bandanna better to keep the hair out of his face and moved Seline roughly out of the way, after all, everything was her fault, all of it was.

He made his way to the kitchens below deck, whistling in resignation yet with clenched fists and put an apron on, well familiar with the kitchen layout. He ventured inside to take a look at the other cooks, dismayed at the mess, lack of skill and experience and overall too young age of the supposed chefs.

"Tony! How on earth do you live like this! Are you trying to make us all fast and loose weight?!" Barked Calico unhappily.

"I ate better than this gruel at the dungeons. Slimy unseasoned porridge, undercooked vegetable soup far too raw and salty... lumpy mash and burnt rice?!" Scowled Calico in dismay wincing mortified

"No wonder Morgan and Blackbeard left, so would I... this lack of care is criminal!" scoffed Calico in disgust ranting and raving after tasting the pots, being a food lover and experienced chef such finding was far below his expectations

"No meat, no fish... the way to a man's loyalty is through a full belly. By the by... too much mess and grime all round, you should get slaves working just to keep this clean " protested Calico Jack irritated already in less than a quick overview

"You never said training cooks was into the alternative..." muttered Calico grabbing the pots and pans and tossing it all overboard, proceeding to wash the kitchenware and start again, not before getting to the task of actually cleaning and scrubbing the kitchen worktops, sinks and floors.

He let out his frustration with the gruelling cleaning chores, teaching the youths some cleaning standards and decent recipes, not at all amused at going back to peeling spuds, washing dishes and kitchen duties but relieved at least supper would be to his higher standards.

He taught these youths how to peel and chop, quickly and correctly in different styles using different vegetables and fruits, showed them to prepare and cook fish and shellfish, breads and pastries, fruits, desserts and salads, soups and broth as much as a full day would allow

Eventually finding his way to the kitchen, Antony could only laugh as he watched calico struggle with the majority of the kitchen staff. "Oh calico, you should know me better than that. There is after all, one damn good chef on this here vessel, only a few years younger than my niece. Better than even you used to be, in fact he should be here any moment. Be careful though, he has a tendency for starting large fires. We call him the arsonist for a reason after all."
He told calico as he watched him from the doorway to the kitchens, leaning on the door frame.

During all these happenings Seline had jumped from one end of the emotional spectrum to the other. Quite a few times she might add, yet somehow all she could say was a sudden shout of frustration. "What just happened!!!!"
"Right... haven't you got any other chores? Butchering dishes like this is torture and I don't have the patience for teaching..." Scowled Calico Jack looking up at Tony

"I'm not sure I want to meet an arsonist charring precious food." Mused Calico

"Oh he's not all bad, that is if you want the meat well done. It's hearty and doesn't have much fat after that. Kids got a particular taste for seafood though...for reasons I'm not at liberty to discuss. Besides, why are you complaining about bad food, after all. You were only a kitchen boy once before. Still got your favorite pot around here somewhere."
"Yes that was before I was sentenced to the royal kitchens, I developed a passion for food after that, more so if I'm expected to eat it." Countered Calico

"Scallywags and landlovers I've no problems with that, hack away to your heart's content, but food... my food... handled like this... I should have known your expertise at exerting influence through mortification. Bet you sent me down here on purpose...." accused Calico

"My other offer still stands calico, its this or teaching my dear niece swordplay. But if your hungry for a third option, we have a daycare in the lower decks that needs new people to care for the littlest ones."
He spoke as he simply watched calico work. His smirk only grew as just down the hall light, yet strangely rushed footsteps could be heard.
Antonie's gaze then turned down the hall and with a quiet laugh he stated "your late boy."
"The kitchens will do just fine for now, thank you for your courtesy, captain Antony" muttered Calico as he turned his attention to the young chef examining briefly the new arrival

"Greetings chef, I'm your latest kitchen staff... for now..." muttered Calico introducing himself leaving out his name for the moment, unless asked
Alex (played by YokoSama)

Alex grinned in amusement of seeing someone else put Calico in his place. "Aye someday. Though this time I'll be the one chosen were we dine that night." She smirks at him one last time before turn to face a mass of black curls. She tilted her her up to look Blackbeard square in the eyes. "Ay lets put them stiffs to it and see if they can keep up with even a lame ship." With that she easily swings over to the Golden arrow as the ships were already drifting apart farther. As soon as her boots touch the ship she if off barking orders for sails to be let out and for men to check if any of the weapons had survived the fire and subsequent drenching. She strode over to the helm and relieved the helmsman take the ship fully into her control.
The ship parted, the Rosemary heading towards the cliffs to hide while the Golden Arrow pulled farther out into the bay.
"Teach, If ye wouldn't mind hoisting our colors." She grin widely her serrated pointy teeth showing promiscuously. She knew she was just there to be a decoy but that dosen't mean she cant bloody their noses. The ship groaned as the sails fulled out and the ship gathered speed, but she could not outpace the approaching ship.
"Nay, I'm not part of the crew, I'm here to run you through if you fail, I don't take kindly to disappointment" clarified Blackbeard raising a puzzled eyebrow

"If you do pull it off, as I expect to be the case, then you'll be replacing Calico, who's replacing Morgan till Jack repays his debt and does his duty" related Blackbeard

"Don't mess it up captain.... we want to raid and assail that army vessel, not drown it, yet the order comes from you, as does the timing, the glory or certain death" remarked Edward

"Rarely do I take apprentices and most never reach destination... though they're not chosen by Jack personally... If he handpicked you there's some hope already.

Stepping into the room was a child unlike any other, his hair a light silver and covering the corner of one eye. His skin slightly sun kissed, meaning he had spent some time in the sun. His clothing consisting of some faded black pants, and a white shirt that appeared two sizes larger than him. The neckline dipping low, and coloured in gold.

This was where the human similarities ended, and where the abnormalities began. Each eye was a wildly different colour from the other entirely, his right being a light sapphire blue, and his left a dark rich wine red. On top his head of silver hair layed a small set of triangular ears that twitched every so often, and seemed to be incredibly soft.
His wide mouthed grin exposed his four slightly elongated cainines that looked feral in nature though he seemed innocent. Behind him was a small short haired tail about as long as calico's arm and stripped every so often with a strip of white.
He wore no shoes which exposed his bare feet and slightly sharp toenails.

The child was sure an oddity to most as chimera were hardly seen outside of their native villages in the southern islands.
"Whoa whoa whoa... hang in there kid, before you enter the kitchen further.... All hair tied to the back, tail tucked away so it doesn't hover over the cooking pots too. I don´t appreciate meals with additional unwanted strings. Bandannas are a must to prevent sweat and loose hair seasoning my food..." pointed out Calico referring to loose hairs that could easily fall into the dishes whilst cooking or sweat trickling into the dishes.

"Get a better fitting shirt, no sleeves is a sure recipe for blisters, a too long one on the other hand is a sure guarantee that you will be dragging ingredients across my food plates or catching fire sooner than later" noted Calico clearly not very satisfied with the dressing standards

"For your own safety, you should cover your feet, any boiling water spills you´ll end up blistered and burnt" added for better measure giving the chef a good thorough check, no less strict than anyone else who happened to share the same kitchen with him.

"Do wash hands, especially under the nails, before touching anything I am supposed to be eating... I don't appreciate additional unlisted nutrients you might be carrying there" muttered Calico clearly quite unforgiving when it came to food.

Alex eyes glittered with malicious and anticipation.
"Just keep yer sword sheathed there Cap and hold on to yer britches I'll show ya how to fake a tail and battle!" With that she barked another order to the helmsman to raise the flag and threw the rudder hard over to the left swinging the ship the come at a 30degree angle to the Naval vessel. Surefooted men held tight to ropes as the deck heeled over.The sails flapped the caught the wind again and the ship leaped in the water.
"Mate Gulliver Prime the Port cannons! Officer Rufus unlock the weapons locker." The Golden Arrow true to her name sailed as fast and straight as the wind would carry her. In short order Gulliver calls up saying the port cannons were ready. The bow plowed threw the calm bay waters as the ships drew near you could hear the cries from the men aboard the Naval vessel. "Men grab yer sabers and give'm our welcome cry!" She bellowed to her men, her blood starting to race eyes pupils dilating with anticipation. Her ship roared back, the men that weren't in the sails were pounding their hands, feet and hilts on the decks and rails. The pounding grew louder drowning out everything but the pounding of ones heart beat. "Ready The Cannons!" Alex bellowed as men rushed to some of the remaining cannons. Much of the powder was ruined in the drenching and even one cannon was washed overboard. "Steady.....!!" She calls as she adjust the ship to port angling closer to the HMS (His majestic ship) Rampage. Closer the ships approached each other. The salty air was sucked in then exploded out of Alex's lungs as she called out "FIRE!" and before the words died on her lips the ship rocked with the force of 7 guns propelling 18shot and 36shot towards the HMS Rampage.
Several shots splashed harmlessly in the water between the ships, some ripped threw the sails and a few smashed railings. A breath later cannonballs flew threw the smoke crashing into railings, but most passing over the decks harmlessly. "Reload!" Alex snarled as she twisted the helm more to the left coming round the the stern of the HMS Rampage. The wind slackened slowing the Golden Arrow's turn as well as the Rampage's own turning. Slowly the Arrow made round the Rampage and Gulliver called the cannons ready and as the Starboard side of the Rampage was in full view. "Fire!" Again the Golden Arrow rocked as cannon fire ensued. Again most sailed over harmlessly into sails or into railings but one was low and struck the hull near the waterline. The Golden Arrow's sails snapped taunt as the fulled with the wind and she leaped close to the Rampage and Alex hauled the help to the starboard correcting for the wind and pulling ahead of the Rampage.
Blackbeard nodded in approval at her decisions and choices, unphased at the battle, if a little wreckless, coming to stand by the captain.

"Careful now lass, we don't want to drown neither ship, especially with the delicate cargo that vessel is carrying. It must be collected... unharmed... there's someone far more stubborn and proud than Calico himself and that is to say a lot" warned Blackbeard clearly not having told her everything he knew but giving head's up all the same

Alex grunted at Blackbeards retort. She was focused on holding the ship steady for as they had made their previous turn the ships list had grown worse along with her handling. She pulled to the left heavily forcing Alex to over correct to the Starboard. The ship listed low in the water as her sails furled out with the wind. She slowly pulled away from the Rampage and teased her with the pansy 6 pound cannon that somehow survived the stern fire. The pound at the Rampage dragging her out of the bay and out to sea. Thought this leading the Golden Arrow suffered heave damage, many men had minor injuries, Alex even had a gash of blood on her face from a flying splinter. Though at one point the Rampage overtook the heavily listing and badly damaged Golden Arrow.
"Load the Chain Shot!" Alex bellowed with a voice that would be heard over gale winds. A call alerted her the shot was ready and she called fore the cannon to be shot. The chain connected two shot propelled towards the Rampage. the chain and balls crashed threw the heavy timber of the second mast of the Rampage bringing it down and heavily hampering the Rampage. Alex grinned as the sailed away from the Rampage, as the Rampage fired a few more flailing shots in an attempt to stop the Golden Arrow. There was a shallow cove that most vessels would avoid due to it depth but Alex was a bit desperate for a place to hide.
The vessel grounded out as she guided it into the cove but with it being low tied she could afford to wait and by that time the Rampage would of already limped back. She voiced this opinion to Blackbeard with a smug tone.
"And none shall be the wiser that we were just a decoy and the real prize hides near the cliffs."
"Decoy?! Don't be daft lass, take charge and and give them chase. Calico is much too busy arguing in the kitchens to do his job. You'll have to do your work and his lot too which was to assault that ship" informed Blackbeard

"You clearly don't lack neither skill nor courage if you sailed us here with such precarious waters... now, back out there and get to it" muttered Blackbeard

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tales of Eros: the never ending sea

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus