Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Paying The Price~

Lilim (played anonymously)

Lilim bolted to get her hand between Organna's fist and Pentre's stomach just barely in time. The worst Pentre would feel is the jar of the Orc Female's shoulder and hear the clash of her fleshy fist to Lilim's hand. Lilim would sigh gratefully as Organna went after the food instead of Pentre again. Organna was strong physically, and Lilim's wrist was sore from blocking that one. Magic armor or not, Organna's attack was heavily physical, so Lilim's wrist was half sprained now.

Her wrist would heal up, but Lilim would move away as Pentre was left standing, only for him to follow through with Wills order on Lilim's behalf. Elesa would be almost to Will when she'd see Pentre glaring toward him, gasping and holding her arms up in a helpless instinctual defense against the man and his glare. She'd stagger backwards and barely keep from falling onto her butt, shaking with fear as she sees Pentre's sword draw back as though to strike Will himself.

Lilim would have darted in the way of the attack, but trusted that Will had things under control and moved to scoop Elesa up and carry her safely away from Pentre. Depositing Elesa safely next to Raven, she'd return to Will to give him a grateful hug, "Thank you, hun." she says before moving back to Elesa, kneeling near her, "You're ok now, Elesa. Everything's ok... You hungry?" she says as she signals for Raven to hand her the fish, "How about I cook us all up some fish, hmm? Good thinking Raven. Thanks for bringing these back." she says gratefully.

Elesa would calm down as she was carried away from the armored man and asked about food. She hadn't eaten in a couple of days, so she was actually pretty hungry. She'd nod to the idea and let Lilim set her down to collect the fish from Raven, then Elesa would start to hug up to Raven, but feeling that Raven was soaking wet, Elesa gasps and moves to just place her hands on Raven's hip and stay close to her.

Lilim would carry the fish to the fire and hover strait into it, unaffected by the flames but channeling some of the flames around the fish and hovering them into the air in a synchronized fashion, "Dinner and a show! Enjoy the performance everyone! The meal will be ready to serve very soon!" Lilim says as she leaves the fire, controlling the fish to make them appear to dance in the air in synchronized patterns. "Oh, and could someone please prepare some skewers?! Whole Grilled fish is much easier to handle when served on a campfire skewer!" Lilim calls out as she continues the performance, surely making Pentre jealous that his tavern maids couldn't provide entertainment like this. With magic outlawed, this kind of performance was difficult to find. But Lilim was having fun keeping everyone entertained while the fish were cooking in their very own flames, which were spiraling around them and surrounding them.
Raven (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Raven watches as Pentre would move in to attack Elesa, on orders to remove the parley between Lilim and himself. She couldn't help but smirk, meaning that she would have free range to do whatever she wanted with him if he did anything. If he were smart, he would keep his mouth shut before they don't give him a choice. She sighs, thinking it over and deciding against starting anymore drama than there already was. She was exhausted and soaking wet, though that was her own fault. She looks up at Lilim who motions her over, and Raven would do so before handing Lilim the fish. She turns to Elesa who would walk up and hug her, only to get wet herself. She raises an eyebrow at the curious child, who would place her hands on Raven's hips. She stares at the child, awkwardly patting her shoulder before moving over to a shaded tree and sitting down away from the fire. She pulls her knees up to her chest as she looks over to Robin, who had approached her about the fish. She simply shakes her head at him before taking off things like her cloak and her shoes.

"No, that's alright. Besides, seems Lilim is keen on keeping everyone entertained. Though I will admit, it is pretty amusing...However I do want you to tell me everything you know about where Merthyr is. I need to go bring him home before the end of the month...for the sake of both our species, you need to tell me where he is if you know..."

She says calmly to him as she wrings out the water in her cloak and her socks and shoes. She couldn't easily undress with the lot of men here, but there were some articles of clothing she didn't have to be shy about removing. She took off what she could and would wring the water out of them, remaining in the shadows and keeping her limbs close to her torso to try and contain what warmth they had in them, though this wouldn't stop her from shivering. Being soaking wet and unable to be near fire served as a small little dilemma, but one that no ordinary person wouldn't be able to handle. Worst thing that could happen was she get sick. She looks at Elesa and nods, signaling a gratefulness for her kindness earlier and a relief for her well being before looking at the show Lilim was putting on with the food. Raven would have skewers covered, as she stood up and snapped a bunch of sticks off the tree she was lying underneath, before making them levitate towards Lilim. She wasn't about to get any closer to the fire, but she was still able to provide Lilim with what she needed. She couldn't help but let out a chuckle at the dancing fish, lowering her head to hide her amusement slightly. Whether that worked or not was up to everybody else's observation, but still. Dancing fish, what's there not to laugh at?
other (played anonymously)

(( post removed ))
Will Stone (played anonymously)

Will's skin scaled up as the sword just cut his arm a bit. In any other case, Will would've broken the sword into pieces and ripped Pentre's head off, spine and all. But with Elesa only a few feet from them, Will grabbed the sword by the blade and shattered it before kicking Pentre to the ground. He stomped the ground as earthen restraints wrapped around his arms and legs, immobilizing Pentre. Also as a favor to everyone, he put a piece over his mouth to stop him from speaking. He looked at Robin and nodded. "Yea, we'll head out tomorrow morning. But now, get some sleep Robin, you deserve it." He told Robin, patting his shoulder.

He watched his arm heal itself before the scales went away. He then walked over to Raven and Elesa with a soft smile on his face towards them. He looked at Elesa and rubbed her head. "Why don't you two go sit by the fire and warm up, he's not going to be a problem anymore." He told Elesa and Raven.

(( post removed ))

Raven's eyes look over to Robin, who blatantly said that he didn't trust her or her kind, and she just sighs in aggravation. The feeling was mutual, but she couldn't force him to tell her. And she wasn't about to play the bad guy for Robin's little facade in front of Pentre. Though not doing anything wouldn't change his image of her, she didn't care. She wasn't going to play a part in him trying to look like their captive. She grabs a fistful of her waist length Raven black hair and began wringing it out as well. The patch of grass in the area surrounding Raven would be water by everything she needed to dry. Though she couldn't help but shiver every time the wind would roll through. Not long after though, she glanced up to Will, only to note he was trying to coax them closer to the fire. Raven simply shook her head at him.

"With all due respect Will, my kind doesn't fare well with fire. So if it's all the same to you, I think I'll stay over here where I'm safe. Thank you for the concern though. And if you don't mind, I'll be accompanying you and Robin to find prince Merthyr tomorrow. If I don't personally bring his son back, the king will send out a royal warrant for my head."

She wasn't taking no for an answer on this particular topic. Worst case scenario was that they left without her and she grew her wings and flew around until she found them. She would be able to find them anyway, but it would make things a lot easier if she accompanied them from the start. She sighs before looking up and seeing Robin handing her a sack of clothes, along with two blankets, socks, and a wool vest. Her eyes dart back and forth between Robin and the clothes, wondering what his motive was. Though if he really wanted her to suffer, he would have just let her sleep in the cold. She couldn't tell if he was being nice to her out of pity, of if he was being nice to her because will obviously was showing concern that she be warm. She eyes him suspiciously still though, as she hesitantly took his kind offer, looking inside the bag to see a handful of clothes. She looks up at him and nods to thank him before standing up, staring at all the men with daggers in her eyes.

"I'm going to go change. If I find a set of peeping eyes that belong to any of you, you will wish you were dead by the time I'm finished with you..."

She says warning them, not as a magical being that hated humans, but as a woman who didn't want to find any of them being a peeping Tom. She walks away with the sack as well as the blankets before going to a secluded area. She does one quick look around to make sure nobody followed her and that nobody was nearby, before being satisfied that she was alone. Once satisfied, she would strip out of her old clothes, letting them pool as her feet as the wind picked up, causing her to shiver more. She quickly put on a woolly long sleeve shirt, loose pants, as well as a cap and the socks Robin had given her. She even managed to find the vest and put it on. When she was finally dressed she looked down at herself. It could look better, but beggars can't be choosers after all. She grabs her wet clothes and hangs them up on a tree branch, before snapping her fingers and lighting a fire underneath them. This way, her clothes would dry overnight. Even her own fire made her nervous, and she made sure to keep away from it. She took the bag and the blankets and walked back to the group, resuming her seat under the shade of the tree and a good distance away from the fire. She wrapped herself up in both of the blankets, keeping her limbs close to her, but with the added warmth of dry clothes and blankets, she was doing a much better job of fighting the wind than before as she was warming up quite a bit, and couldn't help but feel cozy. If anybody wanted the second blanket, they were free to ask, but otherwise she would remain bundled up in both of them as she stared at the dancing flames and waited for the food to be finished.
Audemar (played by Tucker_Dragon)

Audemar finally sat down and spoke again, "I'm a century's age. Who would want to help me? I'm destined for this plague."
Merrilee Titania (played anonymously)

Glitter the Unicorn would make his way over to Audemar and channel his magic into his golden horn to speak to him, "You would be surprised at who would help you, if you had the mind to simply ask." Glitter says with a sagely tone to his mind's voice, "Never forget that Destiny can be blinded by Fate. And as Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos would have it, you are currently among a few of the most powerful magical beings to be born in this century. You need only swallow your pride and ask for their aid, and your destiny for pure destruction can be changed. With your wisdom, you could easily be the strongest being among us, if you allow allies closer to your heart. But only you can open that door." he adds in calmly, hoping to strike up Audemar's curiosity as to his meaning if the message wasn't clear.
Sally Emopaws (played anonymously)

Sally listened closely to Merthyr's message, "Sally will see your message delivered, traveler Merthyr. The scent on your hand and shoulder, though faint, smells of the magic of a scaled one. This is the Will Stone you speak of? Worry not. Sally find." she says before darting off, following Will's scent back through the tall golden Savannah grasses toward the boarder of the Kingdom of Camelot. Sally would rush passed potential prey and continued on her much more vital search.

As she exited the grasses, she'd take to running on all fours, following the scent more closely for a moment until she picked up on a stronger whiff of Will wafting on the breeze. Sally was a swift traveler indeed, as she took to her hind legs again she'd reach a sprinting speed that would put stamina heavy war horses to shame. Then again, traveling at 60 MPH on foot over a long distance required stamina in its own right, and even put some other big cats to shame.

Such a traveling speed would see her reaching the camp of the captive humans and other magical beings in mere minutes, and Sally would have to turn her momentum into a jump from a vertical run up a tall Redwood tree to prevent reaching her target and outright football tackling him because she couldn't get stopped in time. Still though, Sally's momentum would allow her to pounce from the redwood tree jump and land on her feet just outside the glow of the campfire with every ounce of feline grace that came with what she was. Making no more noise than a soft thud as her body absorbs the force of the impact and nulls a vast portion of it.

She'd then approach the others and vocalize cutely to announce her presence, "Mew! Meeeeeeeeew!" smelling the air after her vocalizing before walking with a feral arch up to Will, "Traveler. You Will Stone? Sally have message from friend. You know traveler by name of Merthyr?" she asks curiously, sitting in front of him crouched like a cat. Her tail would sway slowly and calmly behind her and her soft white fur held a clear visibility in the light of the fire. Her orange suit seemed to carry some of the glow from the fire as well, but it just seemed like a second skin to her, not imposing in any way except for her eyes. Where normally a feline's eyes were green or on rare occasions blue, Sally's were glowing red. Unlike Lilim though, Sally's eyes were constantly red and couldn't be toggled off as hers could.

(( post removed ))

Raven had heard a shuffling from the bushes behind her, and she pulled the blankets closer to her upon instinct as she turned around, only to look up and see a man she had never met before. He looked human enough, and she wouldn't have thought much about it if it hand't been for his lewd remark. At first, it took her a minute to figure out what he was talking about, but the second she realized what he meant, her face turned red out of sheer embarrassment and anger. She had been sure she was alone when she ventured off to change, so for this guy to have watched her change her clothes....she fully intended to follow through on her threat.

dad78ae91cd65bfee22fd280aa6c310e2eacd176_hq.gif

Her eyes glowed red and a red, almost fiery aura surrounded her, so much so that it was visible. Vines would shoot up from the ground and wold charge at Haldor, wrapping themselves around his arms, legs, and neck, before yanking him onto the ground and yanking him back towards her, lifting him in the air upside down as she glared daggers at the man. If he was going to watch her, he could approach her face to face. She didn't have any intentions on killing him, but she did plan on teaching him a lesson. The vines grew rather large and sharp thorns that would stick into his skin, and small amounts of blood wold start dripping down them as he hung in front of her upside down. She continues staring him down with red eyes, before finally speaking up, her voice dark.

"You got anything you want to say for yourself, or can we skip the formalities and move on to the part where I teach you not to look at a woman without her permission...."

She says to the man. Crow would be trying to calm her down, but Raven did warn them that she would make them wish they were dead if she caught any peeping toms, and she wouldn't have been the wiser if this man had kept his mouth shut. He got caught because of his own cockiness, and he was going to pay for it, one way or the other.

(( post removed ))

"Lies. I walked away from the group. I was alone. Elesa was nowhere near me while I was changing. Not to mention Elesa was near me when I said that and left. So there's no doubt he heard my warning. I don't believe them or you anymore than you trust me."

She says to Robin, referring to his statement from earlier, when Robin stated that he protected them, not trusted them. The feeling was mutual, which meant she didn't believe Robin any more than he trusted Raven. She made it a point to make it know, to show him that without trust, this is where it would end up. The fact he was lying to his own comrades made her trust him even less. The vines around the man tighten, piercing him slightly more, before Raven just sighs. She had been through a lot tonight, and really just wanted to sleep. But she wouldn't stand for peeping toms. She raises the vines up higher in the air. Not high enough to kill him, but it certainly would hurt him if he fell. When he fell. She glares daggers at him before making the thorns disappear.

"I want you to remember how easily I managed to put you in this situation. I didn't have to lift a finger to put you where you are now. And I wont ever have to should this happen again. Remember this the next time you decide to be a pervert and spy on a woman changing."

She says before retracting the vines, causing him to fall to the ground with a thud. After looking at him and seeing he didn't die, she would adjust the blankets further on herself and bury her head under them. She just wanted to eat and get some sleep before looking for the prince. Though her eyes would turn black as crow spoke to her.

"Raven? You ok?"

"No..."

"Raven..."

Crow says almost defeated, not wanting to divulge in her issues in front of this new band of people who didn't need to hear about it. They would probably try using it against her in the future if they were the type of people she thought they were, so she remained quiet.

(( post removed ))
Audemar (played by Tucker_Dragon)

He asked aloud, not concerned if anyone could hear him or not, "You think someone will change me? If they saw my intentions, maybe they would try." He rested his arms on his knees, "No one bothered to see them." the sorcerer asked in a bitter tone," But why would they? Why would mortals try to understand someone like me, or help me, none the less?"
Sally Emopaws (played anonymously)

Sally had stepped close to Will at a calm pace and had even vocalized like a housecat approaching her master, so Robin jumping at her with a sword would cause her to jump back and she'd bare her fangs and every inch of her 3 foot hand claws and hiss at Robin sharply. The gentle red glow of her eyes turned to a deeper red that looked like it thirsted for blood.

She suddenly believed that Robin was trying to pick a fight with her until he spoke of protecting Will, calming her gaze a bit, "Sally not here to fight, furless monkey, but will if continued to be threaten. You put sharp away, Sally do same." she bargained. She'd make good on her word when Robin calmed himself and put his sword away, having other more pressing matters to tend to than staving off a non-threat. Once Robin backed off, she'd approach Will again, back to her calm self and even purring now as she moved her body under his hands and rubbed against his legs like a pet cat. She'd continue garnering for Will's attention like this until she was given his sight and vision and all around attention as she was sent to seek.

(( post removed ))

Lilim got the fish fully cooked and with Raven's help, got each of the cooked fish set on a skewer and ready to pass around to all who ate meat. Lilim knew Merry didn't touch anything meat related and Lilim herself didn't eat normal food. She would pass the fish around to the rest though. She had to dismiss the flames from the fish, lest they be cooked too much and become inedible, but would work her way around to pass out a skewered campfire grilled fish to everyone. One for Organna first, whom was nearest the fire enjoying an appetizer of rabbit broth, one for Robin, one for Raven, one for Will, one for Elesa, one for Audemar, one offered to Lwyncelyne, unsure if she shared Merry's vegetarian ways or not, one for the new arrival, Haldor, and one for anyone else she missed...

Then the last fish to pass out... For Pentre... With Will's good graces (Which I await his reply to get!!), Lilim carries a skewered fish over to Pentre and uncovers his face and shoulders, "Save your glare, you disease riddled maggot." she growls at him as she unshackles his wrists and mouth with her siphon magic and some borrowed ground based energy. "Drop your jaw and hold your tongue, I got something else you can bite down on. Unless you're thanking me for the ration I don't want to hear a word out of you." she growls before holding the belly of the skewered campfire fish to his mouth.

Whether Pentre liked it or not he'd have the cooking of a magic user on his lips, and much to his reluctance he might just find it pretty good if he tried it. He should really be thankful he got anything at all, but thanks to Raven there was plenty to go around. Once he took the fish, be it canine style and holding it in his mouth or by hand to the skewer to eat of his own choosing, Lilim would move away from him and leave him to eat by his lonesome, moving over to Raven again and gesturing Elesa to come over with her. Lilim still had skewered fish for others that wanted seconds, though Pentre would be omitted from the privilege, as really no one in the rest of the party was very fond of him here.

Elesa would be standing with Will while Raven went to change, and was rather thrilled to see Sally come meowing up to them. She'd gasp with a start and ducked behind Will as Robin dove at Sally with his sword, but moved to play with Sally a bit until her attention was drawn to the food, grabbing at the skewer and waving the fish around carefully to cool it a little, then biting into it happily. The skin crunched with the crispy coating, and the inside was soft and juicy, just like she liked it. Elesa would murmur happily and smiles as she chews, feeling great happiness wash over her as finally after 2 days of having nothing to eat, she had one of her favorites. She'd happily come over to cuddle in between Raven and Lilim, contently snacking on her fish from the safety of them and looking between everyone as they spoke.

((post removed))

Elesa glanced and saw Pentre set his ration of fish aside and whispered into her Psychic charm to take it from his side and bring it over to herself. Replacing the charm on her belt, she'd clean the fish a bit with her fingers, helping herself to her own double portion.

If Pentre wanted to insult Lilim by not eating her cooking, then so be it, it'd be his price to pay later. All the more food for the starving child to snack on and all the more to go around for those that appreciated the meal. And if none of the humans ate, Elesa would collect their fish as well and hold onto them so she could give them to someone else. Such as Organna for example. An Orc Warrioress' appetite was surely not about to be quenched by a bowl of broth and a single small fish.

Elesa could only shake her head though, as she wasn't about to approach the non-magic users and warn them of just how rude and insulting it was to not eat what was cooked for them. She'd simply have to divert her gaze when Lilim claimed retribution for their blatant nonverbal insult.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Paying The Price~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus