Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » One Bar, One Encounter ((CLOSED))

Yalin Haii (played by EmmaRoleplays) Topic Starter

Yalin smirked again before stepping inside.

"Nice place. Quite cozy," she simply said before deciding to take off her gloves.

Normally, she would never reveal herself to a human, but something inside her just screamed Able was trustworthy. As she took off her gloves, her pale white scales appeared. She stretched out her hands, feeling air going through her skin before she lowered her hood. Her silver white hair was immensely curled and thrown into a low ponytail over her right shoulder. Her eyes resembled that of a reptilian's and were a golden yellow. Her face structure was quite sharp and definite - even with it covered in scales - as she smiled at Able.

"So, I think we should continue our conversation."
Able Martin (played by Inmento)

Able closed the door, listening to it lock as he sighed contently.

He turned to her when she spoke and was about to thank her when she took off her gloves.

That makes a lot of sense.

"I see we have the same preference when it comes to hair colour," he joked before motioning for her to sit on the nearby bench.

"I've never seen someone like you before, but my mother used to tell me of dragons using human form to start wars. Probably all a lie, as she never told me the truth about anything, but whatever you are. I'll take your secret to the grave with me. No one will know,"

He gave her a nod.

"We should," back on track now.

"I guess I should tell you about my curse in more detail now?" He questioned before he sat down.

"Basically. When my mother was young, she was adventurous. She had managed to get lost, or as she calls it, she managed to listen to where Mother Gaia was telling her to go, and she ended up in a desert. It was dead with no life and barren to everything else. The only thing in this desert was a fountain, and my mother drank from it. She was blessed with eternal life. However when she had me, nearly a hundred years later, I was cursed instead of blessed. I have the shortest life span of any human alive right now, thirty-five to be exact. I life from fifteen to fifty and then I begin to glow. I revert back to being fifteen and all memories are gone." He sighed, pointing to a journal on a nearby table. "Mother wrote that when she first experienced what happened to me. So that's how I know,"

Jesus Able.

She hasn't even confirmed or denied if she is a dragon, or something close to it yet, and you've already told your story?

Let's just hope she wasn't sent by Mother to "kill" you.
Jack could practically feel the energy from the door. It was definitely magic. It might be hard to get through the ward, but jack definitely could. He'd been practicing magic for millennias. He held his hands in front of his right eye in the way a tacky person would do if they were imagining taking a picture. He muttered an incantation as quietly as he could. It took a moment, but jack could see the door fade. It was still there, but jack could see through it.

He saw them, the woman was definitely at least reptilian, maybe draconic. Jack had heard stories but had only ever seen one. It was during the Great War of his dimension. That was the war that took Mason. He couldn't hear them, but at least he could see.

That's when things got weird. The door, almost seemed to be alive.

The man who was seeing through it, would end up inside, but also not inside.

He was in a house that looked exactly the same, but was at least a three day trek away.

Talk about a trap door!

Yalin sat on the bench next to him, crossing her legs once more. When he mentioned her hair, she took a look at it. It was natural, just like every other Dragonshifter's hair color was - no matter how strange.

She listened to his story before sighing dramatically, "Wow. Did not expect that. And I thought I was special.....So, you're technically hundreds of years old?"

She questioned him in disbelief. Yes, there was many different magics, she knew that from experience, but to be able to live forever - in any kind of way - seemed a bit far-fetched. There was never any record of it in the historical books her sister would read to her. And this was coming from a being who's apparently an "incarnation of chaos and destruction", as the kingdom of Kraisee had put it.
Jack saw the image change. The door seemed to live and breath. Jack got transported god knows where. The person who put the magic up was a bloody genius! It was hard to be upset about the spell when it was so amazing. Jack stood up, analyzing his surroundings. He tried to read the energies to see if there were any traps about. What was most amazing about the caster of that door was that they could put up wards and jack not be able to sense them. Mason would've loved that

"My mother is the old one. I'm merely seventy-three years old, or just over two life spans. " He retorted honestly.

"So, this jewel. Can I ask what is so special about it?" He questioned her.

"Well," Yalin hesitated, she really didn't know what to say to make him understand. This was almost common knowledge for her people.

"You see, long ago, we Dragonshifters only knew of being our dragon form. All we really did was destroy villages, kill animals and people, and battle others for power. It was like we had no intelligence, no conscience. Then, somehow, a miracle happened. A dragon began to think. It began to be alive. It's name was Fukimusu. This dragon is very important to our society. It made other dragons to become calm and peaceful. To have some sort of heart. We're cold-blooded beings, but that doesn't mean we can't be warm. Over the centuries, we've all adapted to using our 'human' form and being in clans. I was from the Northern Steins Mountain clan. We were ruled by ice Dragonshifters. The most powerful of us are the element dragons - and are the most rare. To know one is a great honor. For every dragon type, there is a jewel. It's said that in ancient times they were the pieces of the egg of the first dragon. To be reunited would give great power to it's holder. The power to control every Dragonshifter in our world."

She looked off to the side before softly adding, "I have to find all of them before it's too late. Before the humans get to them and kill all of us."

"I barely know you, yet I would lay this life down for you if it came to that," he responded honestly.

"I'm decent with a sword but I prefer two small daggers. I can be more effective that way. I know a small amount of magic, and I am a decent tacticitan if it was ever needed,"

Able would then sit down.

"You still haven't asked me the most important thing," he smirked.

"You haven't asked why my door is purple," his face was beaming.

"Oh really," She asked, smirking with him, "And why is it purple?"

'He seems quite small to be a fighter, yet I could use some magic with me. My abilities can't always help me. I wonder if he would like to help me along my journey?' She thought to herself, crossing her arms over her chest.

"It's enchanted. If anyone was to say follow me home or try and spy on me, the door will come alive, so to speak. It would send them to a far away place, or maybe even erase their memory of the last few days. The enchantment is something I'm proud of, and it's why this is the safest place for us," Able. Do you even need to breathe when you talk?

"So. May I accompany you on your journey? I may not be highly skilled in magic, but I can keep us hidden and protected for as long as possible,"

'She is kind of cute,' he'd think to himself.

"Interesting. I've never heard of a door like that before, so I guess you can join me," she teased.

She smiled before reaching into her satchel and pulling out her map. Waving it around she added, "Although, it will be a long trek to get to the Aquarion Temple. Are you sure you can handle what could be a few days in the wood?"

Able seemed fit, but she knew the dangers of a human in a fae-infested forest. Those finger biters loved playing tricks, no matter if it was just stealing a few fruits or creating a huge sinkhole to drown a wolf.

"I have skills. Unique skills and abilities," he responded softly.

"I have faced far worse in two lifetimes, even killed an angel. I will not be cocky but I will say I can handle myself,"

He wanted to rest before the trek, but if he wasn't able too, he'd find a different method.

"So. If I was to meet another...dragon..would they be as accepting of a "human" as you have been? Or should I be prepared to beg for my life?"

Yalin paused on his question. Most likely they would kill him on the spot. Even her status as a monarch's sister would not save him. Still, she'd rather give him hope than fear.

"Yes. As long as you're with me, you're safe."

She forced a smile across her face before asking, "So, would you mind a bit of a rest? I'm tired from walking all day."

But could they kill him? He's only lived two lives and has his mother's journal describing the other two lives. Maybe a death by Dragon, or even an adventure, could end him. No one has more than two lives, right?

"You can have the bedroom. East of the bench, first door on the right. I'll sleep out here and keep watch. As good as my door is, it isn't perfect. If anything happens, there's a trap door in the room. You'll find something there if you need it," he smiled at her.

"Why thank you good sir!" She declared dramatically.

Standing up, she stretched and heard some of her bones crack. Ouch, what a crick in her neck.

"Good night, Able. Have fun being the lookout!" She waved behind her before entering his room.

His room was quaint, something Yalin wasn't quite used too. Oh well.

Sitting on the bed she took off her cloak and satchel. Untying her sash, she laid her possessions at the end of the bed. She tended to curl up in her sleep. Laying down, she closed her eyes and tried to imagine what the morning would look like.

Able laid on the floor, closing his eyes. If anything stirred in the night, he'd be awake and kill whatever it was.

"Mother, you always told me I was an angel of darkness. A weapon to destroy the world and get revenge for your terrible." He spoke to himself.

"I'm not dark. I'm not an angel. I'm a friend, a protector. " He smiled to himself before drifting off to sleep.

Able had been up for a few hours already, making breakfast and meditating afterwards.

He hoped his new friend would enjoy his cooking, he hadn't cooked for anyone other than himself before.

When Yalin had opened her eyes, she was surprised she was in a simple room rather than her chambers. The surprise was short-lived before she remembered what she was doing. Groaning, she sat up and attached her sash before she smelt something great.

"Hmm, food."

Walking out to the main room, she caught Able meditating.
Jack sat up. His memories started flashing back to him. The draconic energy, the strange couple walking home together. The genius who put up the enchantments on the door. Jack gathered his things and walked to the door. He opened it, and stepped out. He had no idea where he was, or how to get back. A vision hit him like a bus.

He stood there with a blade. The strange couple were there too. Jack couldn't make sense of it. He couldn't even tell if it was a vision of the true future, or one they could change. The couple tried to say something, but jack could hear nothing. He felt the sharp stab of a blade to the back.

Jack threw himself upwards gasping for air. Jack was worried for some odd reason he could not explain. Since the minute he stepped into that bar, his abilities were all jacked up. He stood once more, dusting himself off. He could feel something in his pocket. He pulled it out and he saw a stone of some sort. This must've been important, because visions do not commonly manifest objects physically

"I hope you like juice with fried potatoes and thinly sliced pig, it's about all I know how to make," he chuckled softly.

Able was never one to believe in visions, but the dream he had last night was rather odd.

"I believe we should leave right after we eat," he began to speak. "we don't wanna lose the daylight," he felt too afraid and stupid to say it was because of a dream.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » One Bar, One Encounter ((CLOSED))

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus