Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Oddities

Heh, true. xD I don't often get the "creepy" response, though - usually people are all like "sweet!"
Not sweet. Not at all. Just sayin'. ...*turns that into a Team Four Star reference*
Darth_Angelus Moderator

CelestinaGrey wrote:
Darth; Seven? Why Seven? I hope you didn't have a rat named Nine, too. And I truly hope the case wasn't that Seven eight Nine. >3> Also; Star Trek, awesome! It was Star Wars and X-Men for me and my brothers. We'd always go out back and play in the yard. We'd be professional X-Men or make up our own powers!

Seven was short for Seven of Nine...what can I say? ;)

We did Star Wars too! The school playground had lines painted on it for two netball courts, the gap between them made a nice Death Star trench ;)
CelestinaGrey Topic Starter

darth_angelus wrote:
The school playground had lines painted on it for two netball courts, the gap between them made a nice Death Star trench ;)

That is beyond epic! We had the toy lightsabers to twirl around. Green, blue, even the double-sided red one! (though that broke somewhere along the line and was just a one-sided lightsaber again)

Ah, fun times.

Mink; Sweet? Your friends are creepy. XDD
Here is my only oddity: I can wiggle my ears. But I can also wiggle one at a time.

Ooooh.
darth_angelus wrote:

Toward the end of Dragonage I turned down Morrigan's offer because I felt like I'd be cheating on Leliana, even though I knew it meant my character would die at the end of the game.

Boo Leliana :P

ZOMG! EAR-WIGGLER!!! *points*

I wanna see that sometime. X3

loool you gamer junkies.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

CelestinaGrey wrote:
That is beyond epic! We had the toy lightsabers to twirl around. Green, blue, even the double-sided red one! (though that broke somewhere along the line and was just a one-sided lightsaber again)

Ah, fun times.

Those do sound like fun times. We sadly missed the toy lightsabers by a number of years but I have no doubt we'd have had them. It didn't stop me acquiring a selection later on... *cough* ;)

What we used to do after blowing up the Death Star was pretend to attack so some of the girls who would then chase us with their magic ponies, much to the amusement of all involved :D

Lol!!! That is very amusing. XD
Kim Site Admin

I have most of my character sheets and a bag of various dice in a side pocket in my purse at all times in case I run into friends and we all want to game.

Also, about 90% of the time I keep a crown in my purse. For those emergencies in which you suddenly need to look like nobility. True facts.
Kim wrote:
Also, about 90% of the time I keep a crown in my purse. For those emergencies in which you suddenly need to look like nobility. True facts.

Does it work?

Kim, you've just become even more awesome than I initially thought.

Wow. A crown. I want one. Can I have yours? 8D
Darth_Angelus Moderator

CelestinaGrey wrote:
Kim, you've just become even more awesome than I initially thought.

Kim breaks the awesome scale :)
Kim Site Admin

NERD POWA. xD

The secret is getting noble headgear that collapses. Mine is all chains and gems. If you get something that's stiff metal, it'll be too inconvenient to keep with you, and then you won't be prepared.
Here are two oddities (er, three). Kim looks like brunette version of a lovely girl I knew in University who is getting married to a semi-pro wrestler (and we're talking tights, masks, and horrible acting wrestler.)
And while that just dawned on to me, I realized how that photo of darth, with Jayne's hat, is almost the same sort of picture, position and all of a friend of mine whose wife knitted him the Jayne hat and also has facial hair. darth is just a slimmer version of this friend.

Another oddity, my in real life name is Dylan, yes, I am a girl. I think I am lucky though, the second option for naming me was Mercedes. If I was a boy I would have been named Forrest, they also considered it as a third option as a girls name. My fathers deceased father (my deceased grandfather?) was named Forrest. I lucked out big time there because in the 90s Forrest Gump came out. I can live with "But Dylan is a boys name!" considerably better than having to live with, "Run, Forrest, run!" for the rest of my life.
Kim Site Admin

Dylan wrote:
Here are two oddities (er, three). Kim looks like brunette version of a lovely girl I knew in University who is getting married to a semi-pro wrestler (and we're talking tights, masks, and horrible acting wrestler.)

Oh good. Clearly there is hope for a girl like me to land a suitable husband. ROFL. XD
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Dylan wrote:
And while that just dawned on to me, I realized how that photo of darth, with Jayne's hat, is almost the same sort of picture, position and all of a friend of mine whose wife knitted him the Jayne hat and also has facial hair. darth is just a slimmer version of this friend.

I feel honoured to be compared to your friend :)
Kim wrote:
Oh good. Clearly there is hope for a girl like me to land a suitable husband. ROFL. XD

At least I get a wife that makes hats for me ;)

LOL!!! You guys are hysterical XD

There is so much win in this thread, I cannot even begin to say.

Oddity from me, #2: I have a bit of a scar on my leg from when I was ducktaped leg-to-leg with a tall fat guy when I was like 10 or 12 during a day camp's crazy night outing.
We fell down a hill.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Oddities

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus