Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Windmill Peak (1x1)

Various Characters (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Rixy chuckled lightly and took the cup. "Beautiful? Aw, thanks." She smiled and sipped the tea. "You don't get much company around here, do you? It's a kind of isolated place. Pretty view, but not many neighbors. Why are you all the way up here in the first place?"
Jayce Willow (played by Freyya)

It's my parents place. When they got killed, I felt no need to leave, so i rebuikt the lab and did research ever since. I don't go out unless it's field study, and never for long.

Rixy looked at him curiously. "Really? Wow. Doesn't that make you feel trapped, though? What's so bad about going outside?" She was interested in how he thought, in his reasons for things. He made her curious.

Jace sat down in a chair, facing Rixy. "I could never bring myself to leave." he said. "Ever since i was little, i loved helping my dad in his experiments. I'd do anything. When they died, I considered leaving, but I couldn't summon the willpower to do so. So i rebuilt the lab and stayed."

Rixy looked at him, surprised. "Really? That's weird. I'd leave as fast as I could." She smiled slightly. "What kind of experiments do you do? Nothing on any alien species, I hope." She winked and laughed lightly.

Jace smiled. "Nothing of the sort, I assure you! Nah... I'm just doing some research on the plant life and the animals' behaviour. Did you know that it changed since the Cii first arrived here? I can't figure out why and how..."

Rixy stretched slightly. "What are the Cii? I don't think I've encountered them before. Well, there's a lot out there, so it's not quite a surprise that I haven't." She smiled at him, however, eagerly awaiting an explanation of this 'Cii' he talked about.

"The Cii are giants. They look a lot like Cyclops from ancient human mythology. Apparently, they've been hiding on Venus. They have underground bases there, and human technology isn't advanced enough yet to mount a large scale attack. The Cii may not be the smartest, but they know what they're doing. They've been sending small but powerful raids to Earth, stealing, pillaging and burning small villages and townships, farms and even churches. They're a menace." Jace sighed and sipped from his cup. "Since they first arrived here 12 years ago, the animals' behaviour changed. sometimes drastic, sometimes not. Once peaceful horses would turn into carnivorous monsters, or simple weed plants could strangle you out of nowhere. I don't know why they changed like this, but I plan to find out."

Rixy listened very intently, then nodded. "Huh. Sounds interesting. And it sounds like someone should give those Cii a run for their money, huh? We can't just let them treat us like that." She smiled widely. "And giants are the easiest. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Do you have any kind of alarm or something to alert people to when a raid is happening?"

She was really curious about the plants and animals especially. "Well now, that's certainly something to take note of. That's gotta mean something important, right? I'm sure you'll find out what. You seem pretty dedicated to the cause."

"It's sort of my life's work." Jace smiled at her.

"Concerning the alarms, the large cities each have one, but it's useless, they never get attacked anyway. It doesn't really matter, you can hear their ships coming from afar."

Rixy nodded in understanding. "Well, I'll have to give you a lesson in giant-toppling next time they come. That is, if I can get my wings fixed." She sighed and looked over her shoulder at her twisted wings. "Man, that's gonna hurt to straighten out."

"Need any help with that?" he offered.

Rixy smiled at Jace. "Really? That would be great, actually. I can't reach back well enough to straighten them out myself. If you want to do it now, we can. It takes them a while to heal back into working order."

"Allright, just a sec." He walked over to a table and quickly cleared it. He then put a thick blanket over it to make it more comfortable. "climb on here and lie down on your stomach." He smiled at her.

Rixy got up and walked over, laying down on her stomach on the table. "Just try to be careful. Do it slow and easy." She sighed. "I know humans tend to do things fast and get the pain over with, but straightening out wings fast just makes them worse." She closed her eyes and bit her lip. It was going to hurt, she knew it was.

"don't bite on your lip, you'll hurt yourself." He walked away for a second, and came back in sight with a small freshly washed kitchen towel. He rolled it up and gave it to Rixy. "Here, bite down on this," he said, "It'll do a better job than your lip." He smiled at her.

Rixy took the towel and used that to bite on instead, closing her eyes tightly. Even when he started fixing her wings, she didn't make a single sound, just biting down on that towel. It hurt, naturally. But she wasn't going to let that get her down. She was going to stand it, and wait for it to be done.

As Jace got to work on fixing Rixy's wings, he noticed how hard she was biting down on the towel, her face tensed. He considered stopping to let her catch her breath, but he'd eventually prolong the treatment.
When he finally finished the last wing, he stepped back to look at it. Seemed good enough. "Here, let me help you." He helped her to sit up straight, then supported her back by holding his arm around her.

Rixy was panting softly by the time he finished and she leaned against him, needing to regain her strength. Her wings were the weakest part of her, in that they were so sensitive that any damage to them was quite painful. They withstood much, but she felt a more extreme pain when they were hurt.

"Thanks.." She flinched slightly as she wiggled her wings slightly. "They feel okay. I have to give them time to heal up before I can make sure they're in proper working order, but they seem good for now. Thank you, Jace." She smiled at him. The pain was starting to subside, since he was done moving around her wings.

"Don't mention it." Jace smiled back. "Do you want some support back to the chair?"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Windmill Peak (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus