Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Windmill Peak (1x1)

Various Characters (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Rixy walked along with him, staying quiet for a little while, but not for long. She had so many questions, so much she wanted to know! "What's it like, having a home?" She looked at him, curious and smiling.
Jayce Willow (played by Freyya)

Jace looked at her. "You don't have a home?"

Rixy smiled and winked at him. "Not exactly. So go on, tell me what it's like!" She was excited, she wanted to know! "I've been soo many places, but everyone keeps telling me a different version of what 'home' is like. I want to hear your version!"

Jace thought for a minute before replying. "I think home - to me - is where I feel at ease. I've never known anything but the windmill, and I feel at ease there... Does that make sense?"

Rixy listened to him, then smiled and nodded. "I see. Well, I feel at ease at a lot of places. But I guess it's a bigger kind of 'at ease', right?" She shrugged. "Sometimes I don't feel at ease at all, but that's generally because I'm being chased or the place is dangerous or something."

Jace laughed. "This place isn't dangerous," he pointed at the forest. "That place however, is something else."

Rixy laughed lightly. "I don't mind danger! Danger is exciting! But not all the time, of course. I don't like danger all the time." She smiled softly, then reached over and linked arms with him contently. "Lead on, Jace! Show me some neat things of your world."

"So you like danger?" he smiled. "I can give you danger!" He turned and pulled her towards the forest. "one thing you need to know though, this is a really close forest and it's almost as dark as night in there."

Rixy grinned and followed along. "Sounds like fun! I hope you brought something to see with, though! I don't glow, as much as I may seem contrary to that fact." She laughed softly and smiled at Jace.

"Don't worry about that." He tossed her a torchlight. "Here ya go."

Rixy caught the torchlight and smiled. "Great." She looked around, quite curious. She wanted the danger and excitement!

"Let's get moving then!" Jace turned on his torchlight and entered the forest's darkness. Making sure he didn't stray to far ahead, he scanned the canopy for Lurkers. none to be seen right now, but he remained cautious. He untied the strap on his pistol belt, making it easy to pull out when nessecary.

Rixy turned on her torchlight as well and walked along, holding the rifle with a grin. "So what all's in this forest, and why would anyone come in it? It's as dark as the planet Mrovoss. Which is a planet that doesn't have a sun, by the way. Amazing things on that planet, there is. But gets kinda dreary. High suicide rate." She talked so casually, it was rather odd at how she treated something so somber so...lightly.

Jace's head suddenly turned somewhere to his right and he sank through his knees. He motioned for Rixy to do the same and to keep quiet for a second.

Rixy wanted answers, but she knew when to listen. She dropped to her knees quickly as well, looking around curiously. She wanted to see what he was seeing!

Jace put on his scope glasses and turned them on, quickly scanning the leaves from where he heard the sound. It didn't take him long to locate the red heat source right before them. He turned to Rixy and gave her another pair of glasses. He then wrote in the ground: "Lurker. Keep quiet, don't do anything rash."

Rixy took the glasses and put them on, reading his writing with a grin. She wiped it out and wrote something herself: "Ooo! What's a lurker?" She was rather excited for something that could be so dangerous.

"They're not that big. About our size, but amazingly fast." He looked up for a second. "And deadly." He added. Jace looked around for a small clearing. When he found it, he motioned for Rixy to move to it, but to keep quiet.

Rixy could feel the excitement rushing through her body, and she carefully crept over to the clearing, grinning. She almost wanted to make noise so that she could see what this Lurker looked like. Amazingly fast and deadly sounded just up her alley!

"This is how you take one down," he wrote.
He whistled.
Not a second later, the lurker shot out at the bushes and flew at him. In a split second, Jace analized it: Flying, two small legs, hooked beak.
He sidestepped the lurker and spinned along in its direction. In the short time the lurker was next to him, he used his reinforced glove to knock him out of course and away from him. In that same fluent moment, he pulled out his pistol and shot the weak spot between the scales, instantly killing it.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Windmill Peak (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus