Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Windmill Peak (1x1)

Various Characters (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Rixy grinned. "Yes! Great! When are we going to leave?" After all, she didn't really need to get ready; what she had was all she'd come with!
Jayce Willow (played by Freyya)

"I need to get some stuff first, then we can leave whenever you want. It'll be a two-night trip though, are you up for it?"

Rixy smiled and nodded. "Yeah, sure! I'm up for anything!" She got up. "Anything I can help you with, Jace? Maybe I could help you pack up or something?"

"No, I'll be fine." he handed her his rifle. "You can carry this one though, if you'd like?" He winked at her, knowing that she had liked using the gun the day before.

Rixy took the rifle and brightened. "Okay!" She smiled at him, and once he was ready she'd follow him out the door. She was excited to see this planet. She hadn't gotten the chance to, since she kind of just fell right through the roof of his home.

Jace quickly gathered some stuff from his laboratory and some stuff to survive at night. When he was finished, he took his coat of the hook and motioned for her to follow. "Let's get going then!" He went out the door, waiting for Rixy to follow him. When she walked outside, he closed the door and locked it up tight using two keys.

When that was all done, he looked out over the land. There was some rugged terrain to the left - The Altmen Foothills. No really high places, but there were some steep climbs. Then you had the hills in front of them, stretching out to the horizon, and the darkwood to their left.
"I need to go through all of these places," he said, "So take your pick. Which one first?"

Rixy looked around at the land she had ended up in, smiling. "Onward forward!" She declared, pointing straight ahead. "We can always detour if it gets boring." She smiled brightly at him and started walking. "So tell me about this place, Jace. Tell me about this area you've grown up in."

"There's not really that much to tell!" he shrugged. "Anything specific you'd like to know?"

Rixy thought for a few moments. "Well...do only humans live here, or do aliens live here too? What kind of food do you have? Do you have cities, or does everyone live on their own like you do?" She was curious! She couldn't help it. She smiled brightly at him. "I've never been on a human planet before!"

"There are definately larg cities, such as you couldn't imagine. But none of them is near here. There's a village couple of miles across the hills, but that's really it. about food, everything non-insect is edible. You could eat insects before the Cii arrived, but as I said - they've changed much here, for some reason."

Rixy listened. "Wow. You really are isolated. And you LIKE being alone?" She just couldn't understand that. She always loved being able to be around people and other creatures. How could he stand being all by himself so much?

"Jace, I have a feeling you weren't always like that."

Jace looked uncomfortable for just a second. "Does it matter?" He shrugged. "Let's go." He started walking off north. "We'll go through the hills first."

Rixy frowned a little. "Of course it matters, Jace. Come on, what happened? Tell me. People don't just naturally live in isolation for their whole lives. Especially humans." She walked along after him. She was worried about him, really. Living all alone like this could be good for his health, mental or otherwise.

Jace had walked a few steps before Rixy's words reached him. He just looked out over the hills for a while. "My parents died here. This place, their heritage, is all i know. I'd lose myself in the cities."

Rixy paused. Then she put her hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry, Jace. But do you really think your parents would want you to hole yourself up here alone for the rest of your life?" She looked at him, concerned.

Jace shrugged. "There's nowhere for me to go."

Rixy gestured outwards, at the great land before them. "You have everywhere to go, Jace! You're not constricted, you're not held back. You can go wherever you want. Anywhere on the planet, or off the planet! The universe is yours!"

Jace smiled at her. "Maybe so. But before I do that, I really want to figure out what's going here. What the Cii caused. People nowadyas don't like scientists that much, this is the best possible place to conduct my research."

Rixy lifted a finger when he said people didn't like scientists much. "That, my friend, is because a lot of scientists now do disturbing, nasty things with life human beings for experiments, hm? I mean, really. There's good scientists, and there's bad scientists. But I understand what you are saying, and I like the idea of figuring out what's going on here before you leave."

"It's still my home." He shrugged. "Let's get going." He smiled and walked into the hills.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Windmill Peak (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus