Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Opportunity

"Well, I'd better get back to work. Thanks again!!" Yume says as she goes to take another customer's order.
The Hayes Family (played anonymously)

((Can I join in?))
((I don't see why not))

The entire family enters the cafe. It had been a long day, with Susan and Gracie getting pulled aside for 3 hours of interrogation as the family moved into Haven, plus getting Luke to use his powers as proof he had them, which was mildly difficult. After that, it had begun to rain, and getting both the family minivan and a moving truck to their new house was troublesome. It was Susan's idea to visit a cafe and unwind.

Joseph leads the family to a large table, and everyone sits. Susan holds Luke, who's asleep. They wait for service. Kayla and Drew kick eachother under the table.
Yume walks over to the family. "Hi there! What can I get for all of you today?"

"We'll need some time," Joseph states. "It's been a very long day."
Logan Zack Weber (played anonymously)

A man with large black feathered wings walked into the café. He walked in as if were any other place, of course that would be normal considering the way the city was. His long messy black hair was swept back, and his grey eyes were as piercing as ever. Hanging from his belt were twin katanas, something he always kept with him. He wore black jeans, and a simple white t-shirt with hols cut into it to compensate for his wings.
"Alright!" Yume nods and goes off to help another customer. She bumps into Logan. "Whoops, sorry!!"
Russell Star (played by SmackKam)

Russell sat against the wall in his booth and his feet on the seat. He watched as Logan entered the cafe, but he didn't really pay much attention. He looked down at his book, his friends had ditched him and he was sitting alone, his blue hair in a big mess"geez, I gotta get a haircut soon..."he mumbled to himself.
Rien Agrex (played by Votaxinor)

Rien was fairly confused. He had just warped outside of his den only to land in an ally way.

Slowly, with his feet taking the lead, Rien stood up. Pain aced all over his body. "Neve-" He stretched with his hands in the air. "r doing that again... Our cores are way too explosive..." At that he almost waddled out keeping his hand to the wall. Not only were his legs in pain but they didn't seem to hold his body as well as they did back home.

Now that I think about it, I can barely hold myself up as it is. Rien pressed against the wall for a while. Music emitted from the near by street as he focused on regaining his composure. "Hmmm. That sounds nice." Rien almost fell asleep to the music but snapped out of it by a minor flailing into the street. He stopped himself mid flail as a sense of deja vu came over Rien. Have I been here before?

There wasn't much time for him to think as he noticed all the people staring at him as they walked by. Rien put his arms to the side and straightened posture. Oh no... I could of made myself a target... In panic Rien ran towards the music which was emitting from a cafe. He dove through the open door only to find masses on masses of people inside. As Rien got up he noticed the person to his right holding a biscuit. Who promptly bit into it while looking Rien up and down.

Rien's face went pale.

"Oh, pardon me miss."
The winged man promptly said.
"I wasn't paying attention."
He looked her in the eye as he spoke, but then looked away. Logan wasn't all that social. He spent most of his days either at home, or in a park. Most of the time the only person he spoke to was his twin sister, Lena. He glanced around the café, the usual masses of mismatch supernatural beings, nothing new. Logan couldn't even remember the last time he saw a human. It was when he first fell from the heavens with his sister, and even then, they had only seen a few before finding this city. And here they've been ever since.

Meanwhile, as the other family members decided on what food and drinks to order, Gracie was counting the number of non-humans in the cafe. She found it astounding that so many different beings were here, and felt a little out of place, as she was an ordinary person.
"It's cool," Yume says with a small smile, then continues her original route.
Russell Star (played by SmackKam)

He set down his ginourmous book and looked everyone in the cafe, the Hayes family, Vox, Harry, Logan, Rien, and Yume. He wondered what kind of magic they all had.
Vox (played by koobler)

Vox had started to suffer from a caffeine adrenaline rush.

Three espressos was a horrible idea. A really, really bad idea. His hands were all jittery, he couldn't exactly sit still, and his thoughts were all jumbled.

His head glanced to see some newcomers come into the cafe. A somewhat large family, a tall dude with wings, and a dude with blue hair.

Man oh man. More people for my concert.

Rien got up slowly with his hands in the air as if to surrender. "Please don't eat me sir..." he slowly backed up. Slowly making his way to the bar. Promptly Rien sat down on a chair and looked down at the table still a bit pale.
Harry Pyae (played by BasilPiggles)

Harry had blanked out whilst staring at the man's odd helmet. Before he knew it, there were many more people inside the cafe. However, he only took a proper look at one in particular: Logan. Those large wings, the two blades strapped to his sides... A warrior indeed. He wasn't alone, after all. Though, that was the least of his concerns.

Harry groggily ruffles his hands through his pockets, hoping for any sort of object to refresh his memory. Unsuccessful, he checks his waist for his weapon. Looking down, he sees it: the chain that wrapped around his waist and led into a small sickle-shaped sheathe on his back. Well, at least that was there. Harry figured he might as well try to find out where he was.

Harry stumbles out of his booth, semi-casually adjusting his t-shirt and overshirt. With a sheepish expression, he makes his way to the table Vox is seated and makes himself comfortable in the seat just across from him. With a half-efforted wave, he speaks to him with a casual voice.
"Hey, bro." He said, staring at his helmet once more.
Vox (played by koobler)

Still, Vox was trying to get over his post caffeine poisoning. He tapped the table in rapid succession, trying to brush it off.

His head had soon turned to the other seat, and there was the guy that was staring at him earlier. Vox watched him with interest while he sat down across from him. The DJ waved back at him.

"Hey there! Caught you staring earlier. Entranced by my good looks?" He chuckled a bit.

After she walked off, Logan went in search of a booth. He soon found one, which happened to be right next to Vox and Harry. He moved his wings so they would not get in the way as sat. Other the him, the booth was empty. Just how he preferred it.

After regaining composure Rien stood up only to look around. Around the booth a man with black wings immediately caught Riens eye. A chill fell like a waterfall down his spine. A fallen angel? Maybe he knows where I am...

"exc-Excuse me? Sir?" Rien made his way towards the booth. "Do you know where I am by any chance?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Opportunity

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus