Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » City under siege (OPEN)

Alain (played by Freyya) Topic Starter

Massey turned to Declan first. "As to your question, That's impossible. As I said, you will be dropped behind enemy lines. All of our forces are currently deployed at the front line to keep the Arcans at bay. You're on your own, for the time being at least."

He then turned to Austin. "Their stature is similar to humans. They move slightly faster, which make them hard-to hit. They are also about one head taller than the average human." He sighed. "That's all we know about them, sadly. That, and the fact that they seem to be on the same technology stage we are. As far as we know, at least."
Declan Shaw (played by Ambrosia)

"I'm sorry buzz lightyear" he smirked at Austin "but I don't believe "wittwe feewings" are words or is that what they teach you in special school"

"Enough you two." Massey interrupted them. "Keep your mind on the briefing."
"Does everyone understand, or are there more questions?"
Deirdre (played by beefy)

Deirdre nodded. "How are we getting behind enemy lines?" she asked looking to Massey as she twiddled her axe holsters buckle out of habit.

"Where are they holed up?"

This time, Alain answered. "A small fastspeed carrier will take us to the city's edge, then leave before it draw attention. We'll have to walk another three clicks to the objective. As for the positions, we have no idea. The entire area is marked hostile, so we'll have to be careful."
Flynn (played anonymously)

"So they could be stronger? That size could be a problem. Also, I think it's pretty clear how we're getting behind enemy lines." Jumping was everything Austin knew. "Are we going for stealth or strength?"

Declan shook his head "nice! But that still doesn't answer my question, do you guys know where their HQ is?"

"Stealth." Alain instantly replied. "We won't get far if we immediately start blowing up buildings."
Nara memorized the map through her helmet. She listened to the conversation but didn't say anything or look up from the map.

"I'm ready when you guys are" not caring if they listened. He made his way out and stopped by their transport. His childish attitude completely gone.

Alain nodded at the others and shook Massey's hand.
"Good luck, boy," the older man said. "And for god's sake come back alive."
"Don't worry about it old man." With those words, Alain left the command post and back to the elevator. He led the others back to the transport bay.

"We're taking another transport, Declan."
Just as he said it, a much lighter and faster transport rolled in and opened its gate. "That's ours, let's go." he got into the transport ship and checked his gear.

"Yep I know, I just think I dropped something when I got up" he searched around a little found what he was looking for, a drawing lay on his seat that he used.

"Let's go" he said to Alain but before leaving he confronted Austin "no hard feelings?" He held out his hand for a shake and a smile lighting up his face.

"So, Alain. I know it might be a little late to ask, but what happened to the Orbital Defense System?" Austin asked as they walked over to the transport. He gave Declan a funny look. "Nothing but soft and cuddly here, buddy."

Austin stepped into the transport and sat down on a seat towards the back. He fiddled with the wristwatch on his right hand, pressing different buttons and popping up different holograms. It looked very advanced for something that was supposedly developed in the 20s. After a while, he turned it off and looked around at everyone else. They all had gear, while he simply appeared to be wearing a shirt, jacket, and jeans. He was prepared, however.

"Disabled." Alain said. "We have no idea how, orbital defense is still in operational and there were no reports of attacks. They must have found a way around it somehow."

Alain sat down. "Buckle up everyone."

"Really? Wow. I'm going to have to find out how, so I can prevent this whole mess when I get back, eh?" He chuckled. "So, how long have we known about extraterrestrials?"

Austin pulled his seat belt until he was satisfied with the small *Click!*

"Ready for takeoff."

"We have diplomatic relations with extraterrestrials for several decades. Orrs, Erdans and others. We've never seen the Arcans before, nor anything like them."

Stepping onto the ship, she sat down into a seat and buckled up. Deirdre tapped her foot quietly against the floor, fiddling with her wrist computer as she leaned back in her seat. She quietly muttered something to herself in french that was hardly distinguishable and shut down her com, before checking her weapons again. She seemed a bit uneasy.

Austin sat in silence for a while, occasionally glancing at one of the other team members. Deirdre in particular.

"Deirdre. That's Irish, right? Wasn't she the princess who killed herself after running away with a guy? Something like that, it's been so long since I've studied any myths."

She flinched a bit, seeming to awake from a small daze as he said her name. "Huh? Oh, I'm not sure. I'm not exactly familiar with Earth's mythology." she looked to Austin with a slight smile as she spoke. It seemed apparent that she was most defiantly french though.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » City under siege (OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus