Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Kingdom of Ash ooc discussion

Skipbab wrote:
The only reason I were asking for ideas for monsters, is because, and I'm not proud of saying this, but my idea bucket is kinda empty.

Know what? I will a look at pinterest and deviantart, catching some inspiration.

Speaking of deviantart, try this image for our MAP of the entire kingdom. See if this link shows:

https://gametag1984.deviantart.com/art/Kingdom-of-Ash-RPG-Map-1-736363435
It works fine, maybe draw some borders.
Skipbab wrote:
It works fine, maybe draw some borders.

Awesome. :) I'm glad someone can finally see the visual image. I however can not lol. I use my mobile app to upload it, and some pages are still not mobile friendly. I can't establish a connection for some reasons. I actually used my phone to create that map lol it was not an easy task. Took me several hours to get it right. I hope it will suffice. For now at least.

As our story begins in 860ce I actually had originally considered drawing borders and maybe even adding icons to show different castles, towns and villages. But the icons proved to be too difficult for me, and I decided to leave the borders alone. Instead the forested areas on the map are what make up the very broad borders between different lands and kingdoms. These are warring medieval nations afterall and the territories weren't as well-known or defined back in those days.

But the map is still open to be edited as time goes on, so if you or anyone else would like to take that image and improve on it, feel free to do so. It's available to everyone in the game :)

It's kind of amazing how fast this story really took shape. One week ago, Rayne started the Kingdom of Ash RP as more of a freeform story without much systemization. Straight improv, traditional fantasy, no rules, just an interest check really with a plot and a backstory. But since then, our team has come together to create a very intricate RPG with maps, rosters, mods, races and monsters, a pantheon, and new lands and new characters, and some really awesome IC posts which really brought her story to life. I think that's just the coolest thing ever. You people rock! :)

We are already on Page 14 in our story and its moving right along. I just posted a little while ago. I'm not sure if there's a posting order yet, but if there is I haven't been following. I've just been going with the flow so far and trying to keep up. But I've seen RP's on this site with over 1000 pages of activity. That tells me we are a long ways away still from creating a novel or turning this into a major epic story. I can totally see its potential tho, and the audience is growing. :)
RayneLillac Topic Starter

Yeah to say I'm a laid back gm is an understatement but I do like including creative input of others fills in my blanks., I'll take a look over Damian's character sheet
Could we expand our pantheon of deities? We could include a head deity, a death deity, some sort of moon deity. We could find photos of what they could look like, then use rprs linking tool to create a link between each name and their respective photo.

How does that sound?

That sounds good they could be of better use that way with where the rp is going
That reminds me, how is it going with everyone's characters? I know that Carmen and her crew are getting chased, and the king is bedridden. Is there anything I'm missing?
Skipbab wrote:
That reminds me, how is it going with everyone's characters? I know that Carmen and her crew are getting chased, and the king is bedridden. Is there anything I'm missing?

Cal and Johanna are apple picking, with Cal currently dangling on the branch because he's been too focused on trying to get more apples than his guard. :P
Skipbab wrote:
Could we expand our pantheon of deities? We could include a head deity, a death deity, some sort of moon deity. We could find photos of what they could look like, then use rprs linking tool to create a link between each name and their respective photo.

How does that sound?

Sounds good. I was actually going to ask for a death deity to be introduced and the linking tool sounds like a neat touch
Gamemaster wrote:
Speaking of deviantart, try this image for our MAP of the entire kingdom. See if this link shows:

https://gametag1984.deviantart.com/art/Kingdom-of-Ash-RPG-Map-1-736363435

Yep, works for me too. Great job on it.

Skipbab wrote:
That reminds me, how is it going with everyone's characters?

As you say, the King is bedridden. My other characters are just attendants trying to manage/meddle while Magnus is absent.

Unless Carmen turns herself in to bide time for the rebels, then evokes rank in absence of the families men
Sorry, but I had to make a post showing of my new creation, and its aoe effect.

Now lucifer is dead eh?
Read the Monster Doc, the Omit section.

Well technically, yes, he's dead, but only temporarily.
Yeah I am honestly loving how things are going so far. You guys are honestly a blast to free verse with, usually the Rps die by now, or people start to stop putting effort into their posts. I am so entertained and interested by the story we are building that I don't often skip over anyone's post ha. All your words are read brothers and sisters. :P

definitely gives me something to look at on my breaks at work
Haha yeah, just posted my response as Grevious.

Anyone interested in doing some evil plots with Two Bit and crew? I'd really like to stretch out his abilities and find out what type of guy he really is :P Get up to some evil, no good, deeds perhaps?
So should we make us some deities?

I were thinking for the deity of death or the underworld, or whatever we will call it could be one of these:

Ebin The Collecter Of Souls.

Sheral The Catcher Of Damned.

These two Makor and Depina, The Accuser And Defender Of The Lost.

We can use all three and make some sort of system for that, or just find another deity to represent death, the underworld, or whatever the heck we will call it.

That works for me
So are we using all of them? Also should I add like a death king? Like Hades and Hel?

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Kingdom of Ash ooc discussion

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus