RayneLillac Topic Starter

thats fair.., I'm an overly laid back GM
Can I name the god of knowledge?

you may
Thanks.
RayneLillac wrote:
thats if Magnus knows magic

Magnus might have messed around with a little magic, yep... ;) But no one really knows about that, so in the case of the summoned owl then it probably was done by hired summoners as Skip suggests
And Salu The Wise and Tundaleers have been added to the Monster Doc.

Edit:I'm proud of the Pruvians.
Any favorites among the monsters so far?
The Moungel entry is finished, so now I will off to bed, goodnight.
Alrighty, I posted. 2 posts, actually! 1 to initiate the chase after Carmen and the other to give a lil update on how the King's doing
Status Update - I posted. :)

Been too busy with real life matters to work on the map. I suppose I could draw one and then upload it somehow, but then I don't know how to send attachments without creating a webpage and unfortunately I don't have the ability at the moment to do so from my device. So the map is in written form only for now, unless someone can draw it. I also understand that there are still some kinks and uncertainties on the map ATM, but we are working to resolve the issue so until then - just use improv. It's a laid back RPG using freeform/paraform so there might be some post editing and OOC confusion at times, but we urge everyone to just be nice, have fun, and don't focus on the rules or system so much as the enjoyment and overall entertainment of the story as it continues to unfold.

Skipbab has been writing up a storm apparently and helping to create the monsters in our lore, I assume for NPC and PC purposes.

A new character, Captain Daniels, has just entered the story. He currently serves General Vendrick as one of the king's men. King Magnus, that is.

RayneLillac has started working on a pantheon of NPC gods and goddesses for religious, spiritual and often political purposes which may be useful throughout our story.

Still haven't seen any suggestions from anyone yet pertaining to the Timeline, so I will suggest the current year - the year of King Estvikt's death - to be exactly 860 C.E. taking place during the earlier medieval times. That will give us something to work with for now as we backtrack to document the entire history of the royal bloodlines, major historical battles, etc. Being in a land called Ashendale, on a continent similar to Albion or the Netherlands, the time does not necessarily apply. The story itself is freeform and flexible to changes. Being also a fantasy-based RPG means that historical facts and accuracies don't really matter. The important thing is to have fun.

Also, in the future if everyone could please limit their OOC posts to just one or two long or crammed posts instead of multiple back to back one-liner posts, we would really appreciate it. Just makes browsing easier. Thank you everybody in advance. :)
Could we make Pruvia the land to the north?
Gamemaster, I need your knowledge of Ashendale's geography. Is the country landlocked?
Rayne, Just a reminder that the big statue of the queen guards her tomb, and it will attack anyone, except the king and those who got his blessing.

that would be if others attempt to enter the tomb its self, rather then the actual graveyard
so....stay prepared?
I'm breeding dragon giants that live in the mountains and spits magma.
Anyone who got an idea for a monster?
Skipbab wrote:
Could we make Pruvia the land to the north?

Works for me. I have no arguments, and I haven't heard any suggestions yet from others. Montra is supposed to be in the north somewhere outside the castle, but still located within the Kingdom of Ash itself. Pruvia would be somewhere further north, beyond the land of Ashendale. I can't seem to remember where I put the map I created. These one-liner posts are killing me. My memory isn't that good these days either. For that I apologize. But north of the Kingdom of Ash there is nothing listed I don't think, so that could be the Land of Pruvia, while even further to the Far North beyond Pruvia will be the frozen desert tundra, which I have listed as being uninhabitable I think.

Ashendale is land-locked, meaning it is surrounded by lands on every side. I believe the map I designed already explains most of the lands around Ashendale, if you can find it. :)
Gamemaster wrote:
Here are the directions and locations of the "kingdoms/countries" on the macro-map I have written so far:

Far North - Tundra (frozen desert; uninhabited)
North - ?
Center - Kingdom of Ash (mountainous; center of the map)
Far West - ?
West - ?
Far East - ?
East - Kingdom of Ash (sparse woodlands; formerly Kingdom of Estvikt)
South - Wilderness (hills, valleys and forests; currently unruled)
Far South - Desert (hot and arid; lifeless and uninhabited)

Here are the directions and locations of the "places/lands" within the Kingdom of Ash (see above) on the mini-map I have written so far:

Far North - Montra (royal graveyard; Queen's Tomb, crypts, the Ashdown Mausoleum)
North - Mareshoe Mountains (goldmines, shafts and quarries)
Center - Castle Ashdown (largest citadel in all the kingdom; center of map)
East - Forest (dense hills)
Far East - Relbregh's Tower (largest palace in the kingdom), Castle Estvikt (second largest castle in the kingdom)
West - Travelers Inn (rest stop on King's Pass)
Far West - ?
South - Wilderness (scattered woodlands; valleys, creeks)
Far South - ?
Miscellaneous - River (runs vertically across the whole kingdom), Kings Pass (dirt wagon trail; runs horizontally across the whole kingdom)

Here are the places within Castle Ashdown (see above) on the mini-mini-map that I have written so far:

- The Keep
- The Main Gate
- The Stables
- The Hanging Garden
- The Courtyard
- The Watch Tower
- The Dungeon
- The Latrine
- The Kitchen
- The Dining Hall
- The Ball Room
- The Throne Room
- The Council Chamber
- The Study
- The Museum
- The Statue Garden
- The Chapel
- The Barracks
- The Draw Bridge
- The Archery Range
- The Pond Garden
- The Well
- The Bastions
- The Royal Palace
- The Guest Chambers
- The Wine Cellar
- The Main Hall
- The King's Chamber
- The Queen's Chamber
- The Prince's Chamber
- The Princess's Chamber
- The Servant's Quarters
- The Balcony
- The Bell Tower
- The Moat
- The East Gate
- The West Gate
- The Winding Stairwell
- The Waiting Room
- The Lounge
- The Secret Passages
- The Grainery
- The Water Tower
- The Dog Kennel
- The Lion Den
- The Stockade
- The Torture Chamber
- The Attic
- The Outer Wall
- The Inner Wall
- The Dressing Room
- The Bath House
- The Sewer

Found it for you
Awesome. Give me a moment to update it and I will add Pruvia to the map. I also have to edit some kinks on our current map anyway, so just give me a minute to work on it. I got you. :);)

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Kingdom of Ash ooc discussion

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus