Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Kingdom of Ash ooc discussion

Okay ladies and gentlemen. Let's recap on what we actually have here.
As of 04-02-18:
:)
Kingdom of Ash (Fantasy RP)
"The Legends of Ashendale"
https://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=52338&p=1

Welcome to the Kingdom of Ash a dark country over run by corruption, it’s people left in poverty as the village dwells in the mountain shadows. It’s lords charging highest of taxes all the while palace guards pillage the towns for its limited resources beating down anyone who dares voice their opposition. At the top of these mountains sits the large castle of the king and his many sons. All brutish in nature ruling with iron fists power hungry determined to conquer anyone and everyone. Burning the world so long as they rule the ashes, recently the king has slaughtered out to other countries for their most fierce of warriors as attendants and possibly tutors for his one daughter in hopes to harden her soft nature. Or will this new servant help crown the rose in this mountain of ashes and save the people? Play to find out.

TIMELINE - The current year is 860 C.E. in the month of the death of King Estvikt and Prince Relbregh.

This is a large scale play-by-post freeform RP that can be either 1-on-1 or group oriented.

Royal Family:
King Magnus Ashdown (bedridden)
Queen Ceilia Ashdown (deceased)
Prince Relbregh Ashdown (deceased)
Prince Calvin Kridei/Ashdown
Princess Carmen Ashdown

Warriors:
Faize the Mage (aiding Carmen)
Luciel 'Two-Bit' Carjak (mining)

Villagers/rebellions:
Aidan Aelius (?)

Castle guards:
Johanna Mieadov (with Calvin)

Lords/Dukes of Ash:
Thraen Valour (in Estvikt Swamp)
Vygoren Calygarn (aiding Caspar)

Teachers:
Lucifer Errat (with Baltimore)

Miscellaneous:
General Vendrick
Captain Daniels
Caspar Blackwood
Grevious Saint the Lycan
Sebria (deceased)
King Estvikt (deceased)
Matt Fireblade
Baltimore the Dwarf
Avery the Doctor
Faedkyn Hylorra
Sir Laren (savage knight)
Sir Walter (savage knight)

Branches/Clans:
The Savage Knights
The Night Watchmen
The Pruvian Army

If anyone's name is not on the roster, please send me a PM with general information about your character so I can add it to the list. If I misspelled your name, or you would like me to edit anything, please let me know. Thanks. :)

NPC Pantheon (Non-Playable):
Elena, Goddess Of Forgiveness
Vagtia, Goddess Of Mercy
Fedite, God Of Peace
Bateus, God Of Dreams
Lagarus, God of Water

Book of Beasts (Monsters):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D8Bjlg3c-I3s8Y60cGXbiRuV_6vLXwfiLd9FiWv7YeI/mobilebasic

Map of the Lands:

https://www.google.com/search?oe=utf-8&hl=en-US&q=Kingdom+of+Ash+Map&qsubts=1522720476616&source=browser-type&devloc=0#imgrc=N1FIur7wrUBtWM:

Villages and minor towns are not listed on the map, but one such new addition is Gullred Village.

Here are the directions and locations of the "kingdoms/countries" on the macro-map I have written so far:

Far North - Tundra (frozen desert; uninhabitable)
North - Land of Pruvia (varying landscapes; mostly cold) possible homeland of Faize the Mage?
Center - Kingdom of Ash (mountainous; center of the map, temperate climates) currently ruled by King Magnus
East - Kingdom of Ash (sparse woodlands; formerly Kingdom of Estvikt) formerly overseen by Prince Relbregh, currently overseen by Lord Vygoren
Far East - Land of Kulrydale (swamps and plains; rebel camps, villages)
West - Varadycia (land of various types of elves, sprites and magical faefolk)
Far West - Quadoria (land of dwarfs and goblins; caves, mines and shafts, rocky and mountainous)
South - Wilderness (hills, hobbits, valleys and forests; land of outcasts, currently unruled) last known whereabouts of Thraen Valour
Far South - Desert (hot and arid; lifeless and uninhabitable)

Here are the directions and locations of the "places/lands" within the Kingdom of Ash (see above) on the mini-map I have written so far:

Far North - Montra (royal graveyard; Queen's Tomb, crypts, the Ashdown Mausoleum)
North - Mareshoe Mountains (goldmines, shafts and quarries)
Center - Castle Ashdown (largest citadel in all the kingdom; center of map)
East - Travellers Inn, Kings Pass (dense hills and forests)
Far East - Relbregh's Tower (largest palace in the kingdom), Castle Estvikt (second largest castle in the kingdom)
West - Queen's Gardens (ponds; flowers; wildlife reserve)
Far West - Mareshoe Mountains (tall peaks; uncrossable)
South - Wilderness (scattered woodlands; valleys, creeks)
Far South - Mareshoe Mountains (uncrossable; tall peaks, no paths)
Miscellaneous - River (runs vertically across the whole kingdom from North to South), Kings Pass (dirt wagon trail; runs horizontally across the whole kingdom from East to West)

Here are the places within Castle Ashdown (see above) on the mini-mini-map that I have written so far:

- The Keep
- The Main Gate
- The Stables
- The Hanging Garden
- The Courtyard
- The Watch Tower
- The Dungeon
- The Latrine
- The Kitchen
- The Dining Hall
- The Ball Room
- The Throne Room
- The Council Chamber
- The Study
- The Museum
- The Statue Garden
- The Chapel
- The Barracks
- The Draw Bridge
- The Archery Range
- The Pond Garden
- The Well
- The Bastions
- The Royal Palace
- The Guest Chambers
- The Wine Cellar
- The Main Hall
- The King's Chamber
- The Queen's Chamber
- The Prince's Chamber
- The Princess's Chamber
- The Servant's Quarters
- The Balcony
- The Bell Tower
- The Moat
- The East Gate
- The West Gate
- The Winding Stairwell
- The Waiting Room
- The Lounge
- The Secret Passages
- The Grainery
- The Water Tower
- The Dog Kennel
- The Lion Den
- The Stockade
- The Torture Chamber
- The Attic
- The Outer Wall
- The Inner Wall
- The Dressing Room
- The Bath House
- The Sewer

Last updated 04-02-18.
Welp, I'm back from vacation! Or, well, I have been for a while.

I had to leave the day we came, because I was really sick, and my parents insisted we go home. So, I didn't respond for the week, because I was recovering.

Now, I'm back!

...and I got almost the rest of my family sick, too. Oops....

I'll be posting back soon, I just need to find where I left off, and read what's been happening for a bit.
RayneLillac Topic Starter

No worries glad to have you back post whenever your ready
Oh man, has stuff been happening. ;) lol

I just finished posting. You all may post when ready. It may or may not be a while before I can post again. So no worry/hurry as people catch up. But I think that last scene played out rather perfectly. Bethesda used purple poison given to her by Avery to assassinate all the council leaders (Vendrick? Dominick? etc.), but Carmen was smart enough to evade drinking the wine.

Caspar and Vygoren luckily didn't drink the wine, so they're safe. Faedkyn Hylorra was invisible and snuck into the king's chamber, so he witnessed Avery and Bethesda's treachery. The Night Watchmen laced one of the wine pitcher handles with drowish poison, thus counter-assassinating Bethesda in the process. Another Watchmen just tried to assassinate Thraen Valour, but failed and was instead eaten by a Curtar - and that should bring us up to date.

Caspar has just ordered the Night Watchmen to look after the entire Ashdown family including Prince Calvin, but Johanna is unaware, while Lord Grevious is building an army to wage war on the king. Lucifer and Baltimore are headed back to the castle on the back of a giant raven named Faran, and Faize is currently with Grevious in Montra to the north. Luciel Carjak is still mining gold in Gullred Village.

That's all I remember off-hand ATM :)
Anyone got any ideas on how to get a chicken whos claws have drilled into ones scalp of ones head? I'm going to try knocking it out with soup, and cutting it's head off is out because Lucifer is afraid of sharp objects near his head.

have you tried feeding it some corn, an petting its head. Would perhaps relax the chicken enough it would release its claws
Page 16 going on 17 - we have almost as many IC pages as we have OOC pages - congrats everyone! :)

To recap on what's currently happening IC:

Lord Grevious is turning Montra into a fortress and hospital for his troops. He's building an army. Avery just sent an assassin to poison Princess Carmen, but failed and instead killed all the council leaders. Caspar hired the drowish Night Watchmen to protect the royal family. Faedkyn Hylorra, the drow leader, is also building an army. Faedkyn found out about the plot to kill Carmen, and counter-assassinated Carmen's would-be assassin. Faedkyn also tried to assassinate Thraen Valour but failed. Lucifer Errat and Baltimore the Dwarf are heading to Castle Ashdown in the company of Faran the giant raven. Luciel Carjak as far as I know is still mining gold in Gullred Village (location on the map still unknown) while Prince Calvin is stuck in a tree, being assisted by the castle guard Johanna.

I'm not sure what Matt Fireblade, Faize the Mage or Aidan is doing, but Faize was last seen with Grevious in Montra, if I'm not mistaken. Thraen also just resurfaced in Kulrydale.

Now you should be up-to-date. Let me know if I need to make any changes.
Alright everyone, it's about time we start recruiting more players for this roleplay. :)

With the holidays over and spring break at an end, many of our players are now becoming busy again with work, school, and family matters. So to prevent the RP from going cold, I'd like everyone to invite their friends to join us when they can. This is a really awesome RP for those who don't know. Some interesting events have happened throughout every page of this story.

So what are yall waiting for? Join us! lol :)
Maybe post this in the "Looking for Rp" Forum, that way it would draw more players to us.
Skipbab wrote:
Maybe post this in the "Looking for Rp" Forum, that way it would draw more players to us.

Agreed! :)

I posted this ad in the Looking for RP - Adults Only forum:
https://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=53882&p=1#4134969
Sorry, can't see it, I'm 15.
Eli_Broady

Greetings, everyone.
Gamemaster invited to join you RP, and I decided to give it a try (if I will be able to fit in).
I looked through the discussion in this thread and I would like to ask for some clarification and help.
First thing I am going to adk you all about is the list of available races. I don't want to overstep any limits, so aside from races I've noted through materials here (humans, elves, dwarves, hobbits, goblins) what other options are there?
P.S. I apologize for any mistakes in my post.
Thank you.
Skipbab wrote:
Sorry, can't see it, I'm 15.

Yeah, there are a lot of site changes I wish they'd make to accommodate everybody. We were told by the Mods that even though our story is PG-13ish, it does have the disclaimer and potential to be violent, graphic, vulgar or sexual. As such, they required us to post it in the Adults Only section. This site also doesn't have enough sub-genres in my opinion, so right now it's just listed as a regular Fantasy RP story. But we're working on it. No worries! Skipbab you're already in it with us lol and you already know what's going on in-game and OOC so you haven't missed anything. All I did was start a new thread to recruit others. :)

I'm pretty open to most races if you would like to elaborate about what you have in mind, I also think we should recrute characters that would like to play monarchs for the Pruvians, I have some ideas in mind there
Eli_Broady

Any beings touched by the energies of other Planes (elemental, lower planes like Inferno and Abyss, higher planes like Celestial and Nirvana). I may be overestimating the level of magic in the given setting, as I rely on D&D and Pathfinder for my character ideas. Please correct me if I am wrong. I can give you links to examples, if you'd like. I can PM them if that's what you'd prefer.
Eli_Broady wrote:
Greetings, everyone.
Gamemaster invited to join you RP, and I decided to give it a try (if I will be able to fit in).
I looked through the discussion in this thread and I would like to ask for some clarification and help.
First thing I am going to adk you all about is the list of available races. I don't want to overstep any limits, so aside from races I've noted through materials here (humans, elves, dwarves, hobbits, goblins) what other options are there?
P.S. I apologize for any mistakes in my post.
Thank you.

RayneLillac is the GM, so I'll let her elaborate on what I'm about to say. But by now, I can tell you that she is very laid back and open to suggestions. I'm sure we can accommodate you. What do you have in mind? :)

yeah if you wanna give me a link for an example I'll take a look at it, I think we do have a creature that Skip had come up with that are sort of Inferno based. So elemental characters are not a far off fit for the rp
RayneLillac wrote:
yeah if you wanna give me a link for an example I'll take a look at it, I think we do have a creature that Skip had come up with that are sort of Inferno based. So elemental characters are not a far off fit for the rp

That would be the AshEaters, but they are closer to mindless zombies than a sentient being. But I can come up with something if it's needed.

What's needed?
Eli_Broady

I'm making monsters from the ground up. Though we could get some usual monsters down.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Kingdom of Ash ooc discussion

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus