Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Kingdom of Ash ooc discussion

Also can I like make up some Pruvian culture? They are heavely inspired by Russia, and could have some Mongolian inpiration too.
Here are the directions and locations of the "kingdoms/countries" on the macro-map I have written so far:

Far North - Tundra (frozen desert; uninhabitable)
North - Land of Pruvia (varying landscapes; mostly cold) possible homeland of Faize the Mage?
Center - Kingdom of Ash (mountainous; center of the map, temperate climates) currently ruled by King Magnus
East - Kingdom of Ash (sparse woodlands; formerly Kingdom of Estvikt) formerly overseen by Prince Relbregh, currently overseen by Lord Vygoren
Far East - Land of Kulrydale (?)
West - Varadycia (land of various types of elves, sprites and magical faefolk)
Far West - Quadoria (land of dwarfs and goblins; caves, mines and shafts, rocky and mountainous)
South - Wilderness (hills, valleys and forests; land of outcasts, currently unruled) last known whereabouts of Thraen Valour
Far South - Desert (hot and arid; lifeless and uninhabitable)

Here are the directions and locations of the "places/lands" within the Kingdom of Ash (see above) on the mini-map I have written so far:

Far North - Montra (royal graveyard; Queen's Tomb, crypts, the Ashdown Mausoleum)
North - Mareshoe Mountains (goldmines, shafts and quarries)
Center - Castle Ashdown (largest citadel in all the kingdom; center of map)
East - Travellers Inn, Kings Pass (dense hills and forests)
Far East - Relbregh's Tower (largest palace in the kingdom), Castle Estvikt (second largest castle in the kingdom)
West - Queen's Gardens (ponds; flowers; wildlife reserve)
Far West - Mareshoe Mountains (tall peaks; uncrossable)
South - Wilderness (scattered woodlands; valleys, creeks)
Far South - Mareshoe Mountains (uncrossable; tall peaks, no paths)
Miscellaneous - River (runs vertically across the whole kingdom from North to South), Kings Pass (dirt wagon trail; runs horizontally across the whole kingdom from East to West)

Here are the places within Castle Ashdown (see above) on the mini-mini-map that I have written so far:

- The Keep
- The Main Gate
- The Stables
- The Hanging Garden
- The Courtyard
- The Watch Tower
- The Dungeon
- The Latrine
- The Kitchen
- The Dining Hall
- The Ball Room
- The Throne Room
- The Council Chamber
- The Study
- The Museum
- The Statue Garden
- The Chapel
- The Barracks
- The Draw Bridge
- The Archery Range
- The Pond Garden
- The Well
- The Bastions
- The Royal Palace
- The Guest Chambers
- The Wine Cellar
- The Main Hall
- The King's Chamber
- The Queen's Chamber
- The Prince's Chamber
- The Princess's Chamber
- The Servant's Quarters
- The Balcony
- The Bell Tower
- The Moat
- The East Gate
- The West Gate
- The Winding Stairwell
- The Waiting Room
- The Lounge
- The Secret Passages
- The Grainery
- The Water Tower
- The Dog Kennel
- The Lion Den
- The Stockade
- The Torture Chamber
- The Attic
- The Outer Wall
- The Inner Wall
- The Dressing Room
- The Bath House
- The Sewer

Last updated 03-16-18.
I'm just gonna write my take on the Pruvian culture.

The whole place is ruled by Oligarchy. To add to that, it's also split up into seven different territories, each rule by an Omark (A sorta king of a region). All seven Omarks lies under the Hrak (The Highking). He sits in the capital called Lorsma.

The place has very harsh winters and very short summers. This means that they don't eat alot of vegetation, but alot of meat.

The country has a very militaristic background. After coming out of a bloody civil war, the whole country were mad, and the Hrak tried to unify it again by going to war with another country, and it kinda worked. Now it's from two milimeters from shit to hit the fans to two centimeters from shit to hit the fans.

Most of their culture is build around strength and bravery. Every year in Lorsma, a strongmans championship is held, this is one of the events that ties the country together.

If you are a soldier, you have certain priviledges for your bravery, but you are expected to sacrifice your life for the military.

I hope I made Pruvia proud.
OOC note - It looks like Princess Carmen and her party has already made it to Montra, so Lord Vygoren's party is already late by the time they reach the Quarry. I was really trying to avoid the graveyard lol but it looks like we may have no choice... Brace yourselves men. We may be forced to fight, and given the nature of the NPC's we're facing, I don't expect half of Vygoren's party to survive.
I'm gonna make Lucifer either fight a Makabore, or a feral wolf while naked, which one should I choose?
Skipbab wrote:
I'm just gonna write my take on the Pruvian culture.

The whole place is ruled by Oligarchy. To add to that, it's also plit up into seven different territories, each rule by an Omark (A sorta king of a region). All seven Omarks lies under the Hrak (The Highking). He sits in the capital called Lorsma.

The place has very harsh winters and very short summers. This means that they don't eat alot of vegetation, but alot of meat.

The country has a very militaristic background. After coming out of a bloody civil war, the whole country were mad, and the Hrak tried to unify it again by going to war with another country, and it kinda worked. Now it's from two milimeters from shit to hit the fans to two centimeters from shit to hit the fans.

Most of their culture is build around strength and bravery. Every year in Lorsma, a strongmans championship is held, this is one of the events that ties the country together.

If you are a soldier, you have certain priviledges for your bravery, but you are expected to sacrifice your life for the military.

I hope I made Pruvia proud.

This may not be such a bad idea. Faize the Mage had mentioned to Princess Carmen that "the north still follows me not the king." This would make sense if Faize was a mage of sorts, as many king's had wizards in those days who served as royal advisors, sometimes being more powerful and influential than the king himself. Or it could be a reference to the northern end of the Kingdom of Ash, to people who still serve King Magnus but will rebel at Faize's command.
Added Makabores to the Book of Beasts.

I were thinking of something, we are technically the gods of the rp world we are in, and our characters is our avatars, our embodiments in the world, sent out to change it.
To elaborate on the geography of Ashendale, it is mostly in the temperate zone. It gets colder in the north and hotter in the south. There are various landscapes ; mountains, creeks, forests, swamps, hills, one road called the Kings Pass which runs east to west, and one major River which flows north to south.

The famous Castle Ashdown, the main center of the Kingdom of Ash, is surrounded on 3 sides (north, west and south) by the C-shaped Mareshoe Mountains, with its only main entrance being through the Main Gate to the east. The castle is surrounded by a moat, requiring passage over the draw-bridge. The only other entrance is a secret pathway through the mountains in the north, but you have to cross the moat via canoe or something to enter the castle from this side, and then brave your way in through the sewer which drains into the moat. For that reason, everyone uses the main gate instead, and those who know of the secret pathway would rather go around to the east and circle up towards the mountains. There are also many other hidden paths and doors throughout the castle, but only the Ashdown family is aware of their locations.

The Castle Ashdown itself is well fortified. It has an outer wall which encloses most of the places within the castle. Montra is a different place altogether, beyond the walls. Then there is another inner wall that must be entered through another gate which protects the castle itself, and that is where the keep is, along with the royal family chambers. That is all I really have written so far.
Gamemaster wrote:
OOC note - It looks like Princess Carmen and her party has already made it to Montra, so Lord Vygoren's party is already late by the time they reach the Quarry. I was really trying to avoid the graveyard lol but it looks like we may have no choice... Brace yourselves men. We may be forced to fight, and given the nature of the NPC's we're facing, I don't expect half of Vygoren's party to survive.

Yeah, I'm glad you mention that because I wasn't sure how to proceed on that front. But you should feel free to make liberal use of all those King's cavalry and the NPC Captain Daniels; they're all 'available' to be killed, if that makes sense?
Rayne, can I make Baltimore a trickster?

The role of trickster can come with some powers: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Trickster

You can remove any you see unfit for the rp.
RayneLillac Topic Starter

sure the king didn't trust him anyways
It has been a really slow day in the Rp so far.

yes been waiting for the others to catch up ie Saint and Game
And meanwhile a suspenseful chase is happening, Baltimore compliments Lucifers dick, while Lucifer is trying to catch up on what happened last night.

time to teach a stuudennnt annd shes gone
Welp, fleshed him out for this rp through spilling beans while drunk, so that's ok.
Updated the Monster Doc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D8Bjlg3c-I3s8Y60cGXbiRuV_6vLXwfiLd9FiWv7YeI/edit?usp=sharing

The Gorbas could be like a sorta miniboss monster or something.
Sorry for the delay for posting been pretty busy with rl haha tryna catch up in school

I'll be able to post later today just finishing some shit up. Maybe have the desert the places where Two Bit comes from. I was thinking that they could be a bunch of zombies? They use illusion magic to make them look human but they don't have to hydrate if they're dead haha

no wories,desert zombies?
How about an evolved version of humans? Like the Finns livers evolving to burn alcohol ten times better. These desert humans have evolved so that their bodies contains much lesser water, like 40 instead of 70 percent.

Skipbab, father of monsters and writer of the book of beasts is always at service for your not-all-human needs.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Kingdom of Ash ooc discussion

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus