Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Username Origin!

huh. now mine seems boring.
StrangeLove

I mainly got my name from an old film called Dr.Strangelove and The Metal Gear Solid series where there is a character named strangelove who is a top scientist and such in MGS.
My gamertag, which is partly a tribute to Foehammer aka Echo419 from Halo. Deathmarch I came up with on my own. Partly cuz I thought it sounded cool, also both short for Death marching towards my enemies and symbolizing...well a lot actually.
Beetlebelle

My family has mastered the art of devolving names into obscure words or phrases. "Beetle" is one of my many nicknames at home, and belle is the last part of my name. I forgot where I first used it online, but it stuck and have been using it ever since. :>
So, back in the early days of my internet life (freshman year of highschool, dA and GaiaOnline, if anyone was curious) I had big plans to do comics. One of them had three protagonists, whose names I used as my dA handle. Forta is one of my sunshine boys, and Verity was a tough-as-nails, silver-fox type character with commando background. Hence, Forta-Ver. I liked how very different they were, with one being an optimist and the other very much not. Aaaand as time's gone on, I like to think they represent my general worldview quite nicely. Always tugged between romantic idealism and somewhat Byronic melancholy... As much as the later irritates me.

I'm a creature of habit, so if I'm not using some variant of that username, I'm using a shortform of my real name.
DJHonore wrote:
Fun fact: if you count up the letters in each of my names separately, you get 6 6 6
No one is gonna make a joke about me being the antichrist? Surprising.
true.
I've had many pen names throughout the years. 99% of the names I chose to use were inspired from other sources, most specifically from classic 90's movies, Arthurian legends and Biblical characters from religion or mythology. I sometimes even used my real birth name, tweeking it by rearranging the letters in my name to create an alias or anagram. But in more recent times I've been using the nickname that everyone else decided to give me - "GM" - which has no clear definition. To some it means Grand Master, while to others it means Game Master or Game Moderator or something to that effect. Another common nickname I use is "OG" - which stands for Original Gangster or Original Gamer, though I've also had other players refer to me as Old Grandpa and all kinds of other funny nicknames lol. I still generally respond to all of them, but most people just call me OG or GM nowadays. It's just simple and easy to type. :)
I was trying to make a SpongeBob reference and also decided my username needed to "be cool". I deeply regret it.
Claine Moderator

Ah! These threads are always fun!

Many years ago, I had to get a namebadge for a new job. I was told to write my name in a box and it would appear exactly that way on the badge. So I wrote 'Claire' but my handwriting was a little messy and it looked like 'Claine'. I even thought to myself "Surely, they will know 'Claire' is an actual name and 'Claine' is not"

But when my badge arrived about a week later - it sure enough said 'Claine'. I wasn't allowed to keep it XD But when I actually saw the name in print I noticed I really liked it.
Zet

I'm a perpetual name-hopper. This just happens to be the most recent and was taken from the Greek Alphabet since I'm basic.
My name is combination of things I love and my alter egos.

I have been called Luna since I was 15.

Kuroneko (96neko) is an favorite artist of mine and also alter ego since I was 18. It also tells about my interest of Japanese culture.

Some mixing it up and voila!
DuchessMoon-Neko

Kuro-Lunaneko wrote:
Kuroneko (96neko) is an favorite artist of mine
((Oh, my God, I love you. 96neko is bae. <3))
StormDancer

Kinda trying to sound mystical and cool while keeping my love for lightning based characters. I ended up creating a character I hardly use in the process! Lol
Now, where did I get the username Kamiro?

I honestly don't know.

XD I've been using the username in different sites for a while now, and I don't really have the best memory. I think I combined the first few letters of my name and my old friends' names? Yeah, probably. The 'Ka' definitely came from my name, but I have no idea where or who 'miro' came from. :/ I'm a great friend! <g>
It actually came up about 2-3 years ago. My brother was helping me create a new runescape account and I'm bad with names. So I was cycling through the randomized username list and came Across LunarThor88 so I changed it so SolarLoki and it's stuck with me ever since.
It's a combination of a nickname of mine and my middle name :)
Mine originates from a game I had enjoyed playing when I was younger (Tetris) and my name (Lyssa), henceforth -- TetriLys was brought into existence!
A lot of my friends who follow me on social media ask me the same question. "Orose" originates from my mishearing the malay word for parade which is "baris". I was in a uniformed cadet group so it was all part of our foot drills. Khan is because of the star trek meme of Captain Kirk shouting KHAAAAAAANNNNN.
e27333332944b548c5f05f3a0c70faae.gif
I have many usernames, but I am best known as the Gamemaster out of character. It's pretty self explanatory. Some people call me OG instead, which stands for Old-school Gamer or Original Gamer, whichever you prefer. These are all pretty basic nicknames. Not much backstory behind them. So I will explain some of my character names instead.

Doumrae Puansa is a Cambodian name from the Khmer language meaning something to the extent of "white elephant," as that character is associated with elephants and has fair skin. Ssylvidian is a fire-breathing dragon or winged serpent. The name itself has no meaning, but the "Ss" prefix represents the sound of hissing snakes and that character hisses with a lisp when he speaks.

Allaran Darkbane is an old old character I created back in the 1990's to be a dark half-elf vampire blood mage. Allaran originally was clanless but eventually I joined a group called the Darkbanes and have kept the name ever since.

Faedkyn Hylorra is a dark half-elf. Both his first name and last name are associated with elvish lore. Hylorra is a reference to the ethereal realm or sky, while Faedkyn means "fae kind" or "fae kindred" so to speak. Krisfr Agnisson is a viking character. Krisfr is the Old Norse form of Kristofer, while the surname Agnisson simply means "son of Agni" in Norse circles. Sigurd Hring is also a viking character. Sigurd Hring was a real historical person who lived during the early Viking Age and his name means "Ring-taker" or "Ring-giver" in reference to him being a viking leader.

Vygoren Calygarn is a human character who is semi-barbaric, yet also somewhat civilized. His name literally has no meaning but is a mix of different origins. Just like Vygoren who comes from a broken family from a foreign country, his name is a mix of foreign sounds which I just threw together because I thought it sounded cool. Thraen Valour is an original character inspired by a few old friends of mine who I used to RP with. The name Thraen was inspired by the name Thrall Ryne, while the surname Valour was inspired by Skaarj Valor, both good roleplayers who inspired me when I was younger. Thraen Valour is also partially inspired by Scorch Lethae, another friend I used to RP with. So that's the story of my usernames for anyone who wishes to know.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Username Origin!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus