Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Username Origin!

Purple Rain, slightly veiled Prince joke
Wolfcat

I live in a really big house with a ton of animals, one day we found a stray dog on the street and decided to take him home and clean him up a bit. He was all grey and fluffy looking but he jumps around like a cat, we nicknamed him wolfcat because he acts like a cat, and looks like a wolf. He passed away a few years ago and Wolfcat was born.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

What my now fiance called me the first 5 rounds at the bar I was working at. Til the 6th round when he asked me what my name was.
Just something I thought was catchy, based on my real name but different.
I’ve always been drawn towards the ocean since I first saw it. I’ve lived most of my life in the heart of a desert, so that might be why I was so transfixed by an enormous body of water. But every time I’ve been to the shore, I have an experience with a wild animal. Every time. Sharks, dolphins, once an octopus etc.. but the most memorable experience was when I was singing as I played in the waves with my stepson and just like in the old stories, a seal came right up to me in the water to investigate. It didn’t stop until it was less than a foot away and actually kept moving closer but I told it to stop and it listened.

I’ve had weirder experiences in the ocean but that was the most amazing for me. And since I’m Scottish American, the Celtic legends mean a lot to me. Hence, selkies(magical seals who can shed their seal skins and walk as humans on land) have special significance. That became Selkieborn and it stuck.
Beldesia

My username comes from my first ever anthro character i created her for an RP i used to be in on IRC...shes Always been the same bold tigress ive grown to love and carry with me whereever i roleplay.. allmost everyone from my roleplay years calls me beldi or a variation of the name so it means alot as beld is well me.
Enter1.jpg
Took the name from this lad in Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
PinkBrat

Ive been known as several things throughout the years. First it was Princess StarLite after the very first character i created and roleplayed as. Then I stepped away from roleplay and went by MyDeadEnd or just DeadEnd simply because I was experiencing things in life that no one else i knew was. I had that for several years before i changed it to LoveTension. Im known as LoveTension in other communities. In the roleplay world i am more commonly known as Autumn (Main roleplay character) Glitter Princess (because i am a princess who loves glitter) and Pink Brat because I am a brat who loves pink. I dont usually stick to one name since im always changing/growing as a person and likes a name suited to it.
Skrifa

Oooooooooof. I was looking for a username that would be decently simple, but still cool with meaning. Skrifa is an old Norse word for storyteller/writer. Being obsessed with words, writing, and Norse things, I grabbed it and hoped for the best! XD
red-veins

hah, that's an easy one~ a line from my favorite Violent Femmes song, starts at about 1:40- sadly, nobody has ever gotten the reference.

This 'bout to get real deep.

I've always been kinda interested what was out of this world. On the other side of the galaxy and stuff...so like I thought, what's something that is related to space...STARS...OMG.

And then the 8 is because it's like an infinity sign except right side up. WOOWWWW. XD And idk...just...yeah
AnaisdeLuxxx

Aargh. Anais de Luxxx was supposed to be a penname for, er, a certain taboo niche of erotica, which I eventually decided not to go into. If you know who Anais Nin is, you'll know exactly what kind of kink I'm talking about.

The "de Luxxx" surname was supposed to be "de Lux" ("of light", and a play on "deluxe") but there's a real person out there with the name "Anais de Lux" so I decided to add in the extra xxx's. Just to make it clear how trashy I am, apparently. Ugh, so much regret. 1/10 would never do again.

I used it for Reddit, and then I found this site from r/roleplay. I figured I'll just look around with a throwaway account. But then I realized this community is awesome, and now I feel like Elle Woods when she came wearing a Playboy bunny outfit, thinking she was going to a costume party.

Spoiler: it wasn't.
23369f90-ee80-0132-44ad-0a2ca390b447.gif

Of course, I've had dozens of other usernames over the years, but I keep sloughing them off like snakeskin.
Atrevida is a Spanish word that in English translates to daring. I took six years of Spanish in school, and I just always loved the word. The language itself is beautiful, but I just always wanted to be able to say (confidently): "Soy atrevida." I am daring.
MordosKull

I had an account on ffnet under Awesome Bird as a reference to Prussia from Hetalia, since he often calls his pet bird ‘Awesome Bird’ if I remember correctly.

After that it just kind of evolved into Birdy, and I am too used to it to change it.

99 is my favourite number ^^ I don’t know if this sounds narcissistic but I am born on the 19th of September so I just, its the only number that repeats itself when you put it in 19/09 idk
Well, now that I finally was able to change it into my "Writer Tag" I use/d in other forums and also on Tumblr (messed that up while creating my profile here intially) - here´s the reason for that choice.

I am an old fart in RL and totally old-schoold goth - been one of the "dark ones" for over two decades now, with no prospect of recovery in the near future (so much of talking about "it´s just a phase", dear parents ;D) - and I am totally obsessed with bats. I love these flapping, skin-winged critters as they come <3
And I love to write... so the name was not something too hard to come up with ;)

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Username Origin!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus