Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Username Origin!

Navy blue is one of my favorite colors, which I where I founded the "Nav" part of my username. In all honesty, the color Navy Blue is... a deep and wonderful color. It shows passion... though "Kat" came from the nickname my friends gave me. It's far from my real name, Abbey... but I like it and stuck with it. Besides, with the name Kat comes even better nicknames.

-(●)3(●)-
haunt

p & s are the last two letters of my last name, and then i just combined it with my first name. i thought psoliver looked better than oliverps so there's that. psoliver makes me feel like it's some code at the end of a letter,,,like PS, Oliver. wild.

sometimes i use psnoll because i read somewhere that noll is a medieval diminutive of oliver?? i have no idea if that's true but hey i thought noll sounded cool lol.
Ok. So let's see here. The username I have wasn't, something I picked out for myself, rather a randomly generated one from XBox Live. But later on, it grew to become a great username for me.
My first username was gamerfreek552. Yes freak is spelt wrong, I was 10 ok? Anywho. I never really did like the name. Yes I played videogames alot, but as I grew older I started to play less. So the name didn't fit. Come Christmas with my first XBox 360, and I wanted to make a live profile. So, I go ahead and have one picked out for me, and CoyBoat275 was the name. It just, clicked really. I mean, Coy is a word used for someone who is shy or bashful, which I am... In a way. And boat is, well. I love the ocean, the sea the water and the waves. And the numbers, just... Numbers. Nothing there. 030
Guess not much to say, but I'll stick with this name forever.
Well actualy, one more thing. I've also made diffrent variants of this username as well, like CoyMusic, CoyHero, and others across diffrent webpages. So that is also why I like the name.
I was writing a paper about the black plague (aka yersinia pestis) when I joined. Exciting.
Mine was originally going to be Rainbow-Otaku or something with Rainbow, bet (someone who's answer on here could guess why XD). But I ended up making Otaku-Friend, cause I'm an Otaku (Likes Anime and Manga waaaayyyy to much (Hetalia was my weakness)) and I want to be everybody's friend. :D
Let's just say mines came from when I was just getting into online video games. I was 10 at the time and due to my low mental capacity, I came up with my first ever username... drum roll please... dangercave4328. Hooray!

So I stuck with it until I somehow got bored of it, so instead of going by that persona, I moved on to become... drum roll again... xXZ3taXx. Don't ask me how I got that name. I hate it and will never use that name again.

I got bored again, so I decided to go back to being dangercave, but this time, I removed the random numbers and capitalized the first letter, so that it will become...drum roll (final one, I promise)... Dangercave.

Ta-da. And that's the history of my name Dangercave.
It's a kind of a funny history actually, when I was young I used to play a game called "starwars galactic battlegrounds" basically age of empires with starwars skins, anyway, that game had a single player campaing of an evil faction: "the trade federation", on this campaing your protagonist was a battledroid named 00M-9

Time passed and I played a game called "Ragnarok Online" my first mmorpg so I was stuck at naming my character, then I thought "who was that starwars robot?" tada I misspelled 00M-9 and used 0089 instead, later I realized my error, but since I liked my character and I felt that by making that mistake I ended up creating something of my own. I decided to kept it and I have used that nickname eversince wherever I go.
Eli_Broady

I just converted my real name into English, to simplify the pronounciation and reading. Nothing else to it. Although I only use it here and on Twitch.
For other things, like online videogames or fighting game tournaments and other things I use my nickname - "Arashi". If anyone asks - I am not a fan of japanese boy band with the same name))). I used to go to anime fans meet-ups more than ten years ago, and needed a japanese-sounding nickname, because many other people there had them and it stuck since then :).
Hades_

So I have a history of nicknames.

When I first started writing I went as Suzuki, but got shortened to Suzu. It was just a name I really liked and coincided well with my own. From some point on I changed it again to Jaraiya, due to my connection with the character and how much my friends said I was like him and appreciated the Sensei form from my younger friends too.

Moving along I adopted the name ButterBean and went by Bean for ages. My url for Tumblr was Mylittlemusebox
I was called that for ages and just went by Bean. It wasn't until my husband started saying I was pretty and this began some personal discoveries for me and I became PrettySir. Ever since I have loved the meaning behind it and chosen it as my online and gaming tag. I go by Nile too though, since that's my actual name. I still have friends that call me Bean as well.
Usually my username is "damnbamon" which is a ship reference, on all social media, but I wanted to have my username be "damnation" (was feeling extra emo) on here. Unfortunately, I couldn't. So, I hurriedly in the moment added "fromafar" and wallah you have my username.
Originally my UN was "Asheydoo55" because back when I was like 14, I made a deviantart account with that name (Ashey being a stupid nickname for myself (wow, go young me so cool) and I just ... mixed it with random noises until I got Asheydoo lol)

Then it turned to Featherhowl which is just a mush of the two surnames of my own characters that I shipped really hard at the time.

And now I'm at DarkCrow! It's kind of my handle everywhere (that or DarkCrowArt) because my one character is named Crow, and he's sort of my comfort character at this point. In his main verse he used to be super ~mysterious~ and so when Crow, obviously, was taken as a username, I just put "Dark" next to it because wow I'm original and totally not still stuck in my teenage emo phase > 3 >
Dndmama, the name, was actually made for me by my friend. Usually, when I name myself, I'm Dev or Deville or some mishmash as Deville was my main back in WoW and that's how a lot of my online friends know me (and even some of my real life friends, cause we're all nerds like that).

But I digress! My friend recently made me a PokemonGo account because I picked blue team and when all my friends started playing they picked red. Since he made it and started leveling, he picked the name and called it ValorDndMama, cause I was now on team Valor, played DnD all the time and I'm a Mama!

When I started this account, my first instinct was to go Dev again, but I also knew I'd probably want to make her as a character and definitely wanted to keep our two identities separate. (She's kind of a bitch.) Instead, I went with the name given to me by my friend, cause it fits and actually says a lot about me as a person without getting uncomfortably private. I'll probably start using it for a lot of things in the future cause Dnd mamas rule!
Hmm well, I have been constantly switching between 2 nicknames online my entire life.

The first one is 'neiomi1' the one I used back in RS (I played it through most of my school life. On and off stopped playing maybe 4-5 years ago), then translated it to other groups. As to how it came to be.. well I was struggling to find a name and (somehow) had the name 'naomi' in the back of my mind (I didn't even know it existed until waay later. So really I have no recollection how I knew of it), then changed it to 'neiomi' because that's apparently how you spell as an innocent 14 year old stuck between two languages (bear in mind, I was naive enough to never notice 'LF GF' in the marketplace or protect myself from being scammed a few times >.>). The 1 came to be after I made multiple accounts for RS (I went up to 4 afaik), but somehow the 1 stuck after the particular account becoming my most played one, despite there normally not being a 'neiomi' in the first place.

The other, and the one I am currently using here is GamerWoona, which is just a basic alteration from a fandom I was a part of for a few years when I was graduating. The portrayal of a young, silly and constantly gaming into the night character just fit so I stuck with it.
I decided to use it because I somehow became a bit self-conscious about the prior nickname even though I still use it.
See more

gamer_woona_by_t_3000-d7a3vxp.png
It's actually my first two initials and my last name put together. I want to change it, so badly, cause I entered it by mistake, thinking it was where my email went for some reason. I prefer using Belgain, which is also one of my characters.
Kriptess is actually an old surname I used for my character (and still do on occasion... more often than not) and I actually really like it. It's unique.
Though that came from my old elementary nickname KK, which came from a couple older kids on the playground (now, when you're 8 you don't necessarily know history, and I really didn't know at that point that it was dangerous if I wanted to add a middle 'nickname' that started with K also... THANKFULLY I didn't and those kids didn't, so we were relatively safe). It was suppose to stand for Kool Kid (I know, I know... but at least someone liked my craziness enough to give me a nickname).
Over time, I got into RP on Warriors (yes, an RP site based on the cat books), which I think it changed to FeralFront now? One of my characters, after I got bored of doing OC Warrior Cat RPs, got the name Karmin. Then my RP partner wanted a last name, so I had a good long think about it. Finally came back to my nickname, and decided it needed to begin with K.
But it couldn't be something crazy long, or unpronounceable... Then I thought of how the characters had met in a crypt. So I changed the C to a K, and because the character was a girl I added the -ess. And so Kriptess was born.
Since then, I find that any site I go on and need to register a username for will ALWAYS have Kriptess available. So that's what I use. DeviantArt, Wattpad, RPR, HQ trivia... seriously, always available. Makes it that much easier to remember what I signed up using.
8KinTora_x2

8KinTora, welp.

Pretty simple really.

8 is the number of rebirth, of the new creation after completion. It's also my favorite number. I put the number before my name to make it more unique (plus its gets me up top in alphabetized username lists XD )

KinTora is a truncated version of KinIroNoTora, which is "golden tiger" in Japanese. The tiger is not only my spirit animal, but also my zodiac sign and overall favorite animal.
Originally I wanted it to be "silver tiger" but KinTora is more audibly pleasing than GinTora, so gold it was.

I use 8KinTora everywhere. Da, fanfiction, other places.
psi

Mine was picked because it was the first 3 letters of my main AOL role playing screen name and I wanted something short and easy to remember, not much of a good story I'm afraid.
Simple, Dillon Joseph Honore is my full real name.
Fun fact: if you count up the letters in each of my names separately, you get 6 6 6
Strawberry_champion.

Originally, I usually used Strawberry_Sinner as most usernames- Strawberry because I do love strawberries, and sinner because that was how I viewed myself. After a nasty breakup though, I sort of reclaimed myself and decided instead of being a sinner, I would be a champion.
Short answer: Stole it from one of my characters.

Long answer: I made a list of "names" based on various phonetic assemblies I found appealing. "Novalyyn" was among them, and I used it back when I first started RPing as kinda my own name and kinda my character's name (there was not a clear line for awhile except in my own head). The line clarified as I went along and I eventually used other names again, while a previous identity I'd carried was semi-absorbed by the character. Then I stole the name back and don't really play that character anymore.

Incidentally, her daughter, Nashyll, also got her name from that phonetics list (so did Calvmic Rhynn, who predates Nashyll, but I've actually never played him). I apparently managed to hold on to it that long. Despite having a profile here, I also have not played Nashyll in a long time. I kinda don't know how anymore.

They've both been through too much. x.x

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Username Origin!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus