Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Conventions

Kim Site Admin

Do you go to conventions? What kind? Are you planning on going to any soon?

Inquiring minds want to know!

I went to OryCon this year and it was an absolute blast, and I'm planning to go to Norwescon just next week. Perhaps I will compete in the costume competition again!
Lol, move my post here?

I am going to Icon, Connecticon for fun and Otakon to sell :)
Anyone going to AN in Toronto in may? If I have a job by then I might go on Saturday.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

My convention list for the year:

May: London Expo and/or Collectormania 17 (they are both on the same weekend, I have yet to decide which I'd rather go to)
July: The London Film and Comic Con
August: Claudiacon
September: Dragon*Con (this is easily my favourite convention)

There are some later on but undecided about those at the moment.
I've never gone to one, besides a small Anime Con in a place I used to live.

I'd love to go to Blizzcon or Comic Con. My boyfriend really wants to go to the EVE Fanfest in Iceland and we just might do it next year, seeing as Iceland is flipping gorgeous.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Comic Con is one I'd like to go to as well but I'd have to give up Dragon*Con, which I'm just not prepared to do :)
Ilmarinen Moderator

I've been attending Balticon every year for a decade. :) I'll be in the art show this year, hopefully! I'm excited about that! I have also been to Anthrocon before.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Congrats Heimdall!

I think I know which Anthrocon you are talking about. I was supposed to be there, but my travel plans fell through.
Nefferduat wrote:
Anyone going to AN in Toronto in may? If I have a job by then I might go on Saturday.

Oh my gosh locaalll.
And I wish. Ha ha. I totally would if I had money
:O I've never been to a big one, but we have a local one here called VisionCon. We had that in early march. I dressed up as Ed from FMA:Brotherhood. (I say Brotherhood, because I had the furlining on the coat.)
End of the month, there's a Steampunk Con in Markham, ON I'm going to.
SeraphicStar

Sadly, there are no conventions in mystery!country. Like, at all.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

This coming weekend is Collectormania 17 in Milton Keynes, which I'll be attending.

Since we have a few British members, if anyone else here is going, keep an eye out for me! I'll have some of Kim's awesome RPR bookmarks to give out ;)

I'm not sure what I'll be wearing yet, maybe a costume (sadly not my N7 armour, it's not ready yet) or maybe just my hat.
I've always wanted to go to a con.
Sadly, lack of money and lack of transportation keeps me from doing so. :(

One of these days I'll go! >O

Have fun at your con though, Darth! :D
Yuka

I've been tempted to go to a local-ish Sci-fi/Stargate one lately but it's just getting the money together that is the difficult part.
Sanne Moderator

April 2010 I went to the Elf Fantasy Fair in Haarzuilens, Netherlands with my best friend. I saw elves, sci-fi folks, tons of Jack Sparrows (my best friend was one!) and furries.

I planned on going again this year, but my best friend died rather unexpectedly only 2 weeks after we went to EFF, and I wasn't up for it. I definitely want to go again in the future though, we had a great time after all <3
Darth_Angelus Moderator

CelestinaGrey wrote:
One of these days I'll go! >O

When you get the chance, go for it :)
senny wrote:
I've been tempted to go to a local-ish Sci-fi/Stargate one lately but it's just getting the money together that is the difficult part.

Is that the one Richard Dean Anderson is supposed to be going to?
Sanne wrote:
April 2010 I went to the Elf Fantasy Fair in Haarzuilens, Netherlands with my best friend. I saw elves, sci-fi folks, tons of Jack Sparrows (my best friend was one!) and furries.

I planned on going again this year, but my best friend died rather unexpectedly only 2 weeks after we went to EFF, and I wasn't up for it. I definitely want to go again in the future though, we had a great time after all <3

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Sanne. I can see why you'd not feel like going back to the convention this year :(
..I'm going to an Expo if that counts!
I already have signed up for a viewing of Night of the Living Dead with Mr. Romero himself, and I have also signed up for a group shot with The Guild! It's going to be amazing.
I'm not dressing up, simply for the fact I haven't the time or can even decide what to dress up with.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

The Guild cast members I've met have all been very friendly, you should have fun meeting them! :)
Yuka

darth_angelus wrote:
senny wrote:

Is that the one Richard Dean Anderson is supposed to be going to?

I think so :)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Conventions

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus