Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Pancakes: Apocalypse Edition

Bonebag wrote:
Quick example: CelestinaGrey would be abbreviated to C-Grey

You can also do Cely if you'd like! :)
Pretty Please? :3 I have a short name even!
Bonebag Topic Starter

Alright guys, a little update:

Sorry I haven't been around to monitor this thread and give you info on what's been going on with it, but my neighbor's internet connection (which I share with them) has been disconnected because theyyy... didn't pay their December bill, apparently. Since I still don't have internet at my house, and I'm posting from a friend's apartment, I am going to put this on hold until my connection is restored. It should be sometime this month, hopefully before the 10th or 15th, but rest assured I haven't just randomly dropped off the map because I don't want to do this.

So, in closing, keep posting here, and I will keep preparing for everything. A worst case scenario is that I make a list of everyone so far, make those pancakes, take pictures of them with my webcam, and upload that batch of pictures while making sure the late comers get their just desserts as well.

Thank you for you time,
Bonebag
It's okay Bonesy <3 <3 I look forward to your return :D
THIS JANUARY

IN AN RPR NEAR YOU

THE RETURN OF BONESY: MASTER OF PANCAKES
Bonebag Topic Starter

I BET YOU ALL THOUGHT I HAD WRITTEN THIS OFF, DIDN'T YOU? DIDN'T YOU? Welp, that is not the case. As it turns out, I also vastly overestimated how much mix I had because 'MAKES OVER 200 PANCAKES!' only apple to extremely small pancakes, and I ended up spending a good while trying to get an effective pancake strategy down. I must've mauled through about 1/3 of the box doing that. JOY.

With that out of the way, let's get started. The first order of business is this: I didn't make pancakes this year, per se. What I did after about an hour of experimenting was make little biscuits instead. I did this for a few reasons: first, I don't have to use up eggs in the mix, second, I don't have to be super quick about shaping everything on a griddle as it cooks, and third, I can relax a bit while everything is cooking. The end result is still the same, though :D!

Up front, I would like to apologize to anyone whose name was promised but wasn't baked, specifically Highjinx, Olthain, HurricaneLance, and Rynh. This was a combination of time, supplies, and being plain burnt out on everything. I'll find a way to make this up to you.

First up, is StrangeDisease:
strangediseasejpg.jpg

As you can see, I am not a human being. When I was conceived, my head was replaced with that of an internet meme picture from the future.

Second is my twin, Sanne. This was originally going to be 'SAN7' but I spaced out the 'N'. Sorry Gregory!

sannejpg.jpg

Next is another RPR Brony and buddy of mine, Ross. Decided to have a bit of fun, and do something special for him. Haven't talked to you in a while man, hope life and everything is treating you well :D.

ross1jpg.jpgross2jpg.jpg

Continuing down the list is Pengryphon2007! Yours was actually one of the last biscuits I crafted, so I managed to shape yours correctly the first time!

pengrphyon2007jpg.jpg

Now we have Nikina, a fellow Canadian. I thought about doing a little Subaru emblem for you, but alas, I am not that skilled. Enjoy anyway :)!

nikinajpg.jpg

Adding to the growing list is Eyadi. This avatar was easily crafted from the bone and sinew of my fallen foes.

eyadijpg.jpg

Here is the gregarious Earendill, who I believe is also another RPR Brony. I pondered doing 'Pony' for you, like last year, but decided I should stick with the theme. There's always next year, my friend ;D.

earendiljpgl.jpg

DontBeTrippin was another interesting one for me, as I've had little interaction with him/her. I hope to get to spend some more time with you in the chat thread in the future! Hopefully this ... pancuit cements out friendship. FOREVER!

This here's one of my favorites, actually. It's someone on here I've known since I started out: Darth_Angelus. If you haven't seen the Star Wars videos he's made on his character profiles, take some time to do so, they're actually quite good, I was impressed. Another member I haven't chatted with in a while, I hope that life is treating you well, friend.

darth-angelusjpg.jpg

Almost to the end, now! But who are we missing...? Why, CopperDragon, of course. I thought doing a little dragon for you, but I didn't quite know how to do it! Sorry! Hopefully this makes up for that travesty :D. IT DOESN'T.

copper-dragonjpg.jpg

CelestinaGrey was the very first of these little things that I did. Last time I talked to you was ... I can't even remember (that doesn't mean much, since I can't even remember what I ate when I woke up, which was an hour ago). I think you had an accolade/won? that writing contest, NaNoWrMo(sp?) and were busy with school. I really hope that you're finding what you set out to do is as fun as you'd hoped!

celestinagreyjpg.jpg

Alright, last one. This is BY FAR my favorite one. At first, it was just going to be her name, but then I had an ERMAHGERD moment and thought about Skyrim. This one's just for you, Kim. You go, girl.

KIM1jpg.jpgKIM2jpg.jpgkim3jpg.jpg

Alright guys, that concludes this year's pancake madness. Sorry for it being so late, but I lack internet at my own home and am actually posting this in a Wal-Mart parking lot before I go out and apply for jobs like mad. I hope you all get a little kick out of this, and it puts some smiles on your faces. Alternatively, you could use the power I imbued these baked goods with (the distilled souls of my enemies) to go forth and conquer your own foes, and craft a name for yourself in the weathered pages of history.

FORTHEREACH.png
Kim Site Admin

OH MY GOD YOU MADE ME A DOVAHKIM BISCUIT SERIES!!
Your face has been taken over by a cat.
Dragoncake or no dragoncake, I approve greatly. *swipes the C in the CD and chews on*
My name in dough! Awesome job! I love it!
Love it! XD This is great.
This is epic! Lol (You don't have to apologize, I totally understand <3)
Awwwww thank you!! <3 I love it! :D And yeah it's been too long since we've spoken, I miss you!! Things have been great, thanks :D I hope everything is good with you too!!
Sanne Moderator

It's okay Bob, I bet SA7 still tastes deliciousgoodness! <3
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Bonebag wrote:
This here's one of my favorites, actually. It's someone on here I've known since I started out: Darth_Angelus. If you haven't seen the Star Wars videos he's made on his character profiles, take some time to do so, they're actually quite good, I was impressed. Another member I haven't chatted with in a while, I hope that life is treating you well, friend.

Thankyou Bonebag! :D
www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6MlaIe1ljs

You made me a background pancake! I love you FOREVER.

#bromance
*fights with supid loner phone to reply* AWE BONSEY! I love it :D:D:D and a subaru symbol woukld have been epic, as you'd have to be magickal to craft it :) <3

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Pancakes: Apocalypse Edition

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus