Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2018 » Doubutt Discussion

Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Novalyyn wrote:
Nativity wrote:
Can I please get the downloadable link for the game? I prefer to play it outside of my browser. The page only lists links for java install, not for the game download itself.
I was about to say the buttons are right next to each other, but... it looks like the download vanished. o.O

Either it must have been problematic enough to remove, or something bugged out. Should send a report.

Sorry guys, I yanked it temporarily. It will be back up very shortly! :)

Alecia wrote:
I've been wondering if there's any point in throwing the weapon into a hole if I want to quit - in other words, does that mean that RPRers who are looking up at the fortress might catch it? I quite often kill Doubutt or drop the weapon if I have to cross a type of room that I hate.

So my question is if there's any benefit in dropping the weapon down the hole instead of just dropping Doubutt down the hole.

No, there's no benefit other than it restarting the game for you.
Kim wrote:

No, there's no benefit other than it restarting the game for you.

Okay, thank you :)
Ben Moderator

It looks like you can still scare ice bugs into holes if they're getting on your nerves :)

ALSO I highly recommend NOT sprinting through doors if you're pushing your weapon.
I'm sad. For some reason I can't play the game. I've tried pulling it up browser, it loads about 80% and then a script comes up on screen and I can't play. I tried downloading and the same thing happened when I tried to install. :(

damnationfromafar wrote:
I'm sad. For some reason I can't play the game. I've tried pulling it up browser, it loads about 80% and then a script comes up on screen and I can't play. I tried downloading and the same thing happened when I tried to install. :(

Send a bug report with your error messages, please! :)
Ok..going to play another game and see if I keep my winning streak!
Ok, 12th game won in a row. Though... x.x it took me a bit because housemate asked for help to carry groceries in, and I had to find a safe place to idle. Every room I went in to either had bugs, the ghost or the red dragonsnake thing. I started panicking. And, then I almost lost the grenade through a hole. I was trying to maneuver it up, and had to get around it...but I was holding the magnet so it kept following me XD I had to be super super careful not to kick it through the hole in the floor x.x (the rest of the walk way had drop offs on every side)

Nativity wrote:
Ok, 12th game won in a row.

I am duly impressed!
If there was a full statistic mine would show after epic week sth like
Doubutt fails: 2332847
Doubutt wins: 0
Advice for everyone concerned: don't touch the weapon until you've found the room with the cannon and memorized the way to it. Then you have a WAY shorter route while pushing the weapon and way fewer headaches XD

another thing is I notice that oftentimes, the route that isn't the way towards the canon (aka, one of the two doors that you go through at the beginning, basically if you pick the fruitless one to go through) contains more dead ends and is not as winding or multi-optional as the rooms in the Correct Route (tm) so if you go on one route and it seems to contain a lot of dead ends right off the bat, it's likely that it's not the correct one.
And another thing: the magnet in the first room (aka taking it) makes it so the weapon gravitates towards you when you're close to it, so when you move, it moves with you a little bit. With some patience, you can minimize the time spent circling around it and all of that, by moving bit by bit and dragging it alongside you, especially when you've pushed it to a place where it's hard to fish it out of, like a corner, etc.
Finally managed to complete it twice... starting to get the hang of it
indeed it is best to explore the location of the cannon first then go for the weapon
and last but not least, for those having trouble with that gelatinous cube in the maze. At every turn, there's a little space that you can be safe in. If you position yourself like this

E9QUBk6.png

with the weapon in front of you, cube just passes by. it works at any of the turns.

idk, i'm addicted to this game for some reason, lmao, got 72 wins
Tusitala2017 wrote:
Finally managed to complete it twice... starting to get the hang of it
indeed it is best to explore the location of the cannon first then go for the weapon
Thanks so much :D I got the axe <3
I FINALLY COMPLETED IT FOR THE FIRST TIME YAY!!!
dszm390pxrv20pbsw.png

THANK YOUUUU <33333
@Strawberry, You just need to time when you run, and figure out each enemy's quirks, ghost is the most annoying though. also if you get the balls moving fast enough it seems to damage enemy npc's
I can play now. Also I have won three times now since I started going through the door on the left and not going to the door upwards.

Except one of the times when I got a cannon, it didn't go into my inventory so I'm guessing it went to someone else?
Ahaha, I love that it sends it to people with your username attached, that’s so cute.

I’ve started to get the hang of it and it’s actually tons of fun. I think this is the best way I’m able to participate in epic week now lmao

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2018 » Doubutt Discussion

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus