Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shaded Truth [Group RP] -OPEN-

He nodded a bit as he removed his gaze from the scar and genuinely looked at her eyes now.

"Very true statement. That very same reason is why I have this."

He then lifted up his shirt revealing a burn scar roughly the size of a softball on his chest.

"Was it worth it? Yes it was. The prize in the other side was fabulous."

He then chuckled a bit as he pulled his shirt back down.

"So what sort of occupation does a beauty such as yourself have to entice the very being of danger that leads to accused recklessness?"
Ilo Howell (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

"Shiny things. I am in the business of shiny things." She spread her arms and gestured. "Things for myself, things for others if the price is right." She shrugged.

"Pirate. That's what most people call me."
He nodded lightly as he took another sip of his drink.

"Then as a pirate one could assume that you would know a thing or two about sword play. Would that be an accurate assumption as it pertains to you?"

He then just stared expressionless at her eyes as he awaited her answer in silence.

"I know enough to get by. Any conflict I encounter is usually ended without the need of blades."

She shrugged and took a long sip of her drink.
He nodded lightly at her comment before finishing off his own drink.

"Passive swordswoman. I like the concept."

He then chuckled softly as he pushed himself up from the table.

"Would you like another drink? Or would you like to enjoy a nice evening walk? Sun will be setting soon. It's really a beautiful sight. Especially from the roof tops."

She took the drink and downed it in another gulp. She reached for her pouch and hesitated. "I'd fancy a walk, surely, but I'm afraid I do not know what tender is used in this world. Might you foot the bill?"

She leaned forward somewhat provactively and offered a charming smile.
He glanced at her and chuckled softly.

"No need to attempt to persuade me. When one says 'my treat' in this world, they mean their volunteering to take care of the bill. Besides. It's not in my nature to make a woman pay for her own beverage." he then silently walked over to the bar and paid the Barisal before walking back to her.

"All set? We should hurry on out. The Bar keep here isn't too fond of people loitering around after they have paid their tab with no intent of getting anything else."

"Oh in that case," she let the guilt slip from her face and stood straight up. She sauntered to the door with her usually swagger and held it open.

"Shall we?"
He shook his head a bit and chuckled softly as he walked up to her and placed his hand just above hers.

"A gentleman doesn't make a woman pay for her drinks nor food. And in that same spectrum a gentleman holds the door for the lady. I do appreciate the courtesy however."

He then gestured towards the outside with his free hand.

"Ladies first."

"If I must, I am not in the habit of letting men do things for me."

She walked out and without waiting for him she made a decision and went left.
He chuckled softly as he followed her out.

"Well there are not many men like me anymore who would show such mannerisms."

He then shoved one of his hands in his pocket and let his other hang free as he matched her pace.

"Would there be anything in particular you would like to see in this city? Perhaps it could provide you a safe haven to go on your adventures from."

"Unless there's something here I want," she eyed him. "I will not be staying in this world long." Besides, she did eventually have to take her prize from the previous world back to her client. Right?

She walked at a slow pace, satiated with the warmness of alcohol running through her. She hadn't bothered to replace her hood.
He shrugged a bit.

"Never hurts to have various home bases. Besides you could wind up with job possibilities here too."

He then chuckled softly.

She returned his shrug in a 'we'll see' manor and kept at her leisurely pace along the sidewalk. They walked along for a good while, at times in silence. Ilo was getting bored again and she decided to amuse herself.

She stopped in front of Kyle suddenly and put her hands on his shoulders. "Now is there a reason you've been talking me up, handsome? Or have you just been playing polite?" She smile was devilish.
He smirked a bit at her question as he shrugged lightly.

"What would you prefer the answer to be cause I could make it go either way. But if you want a solidly defined answer then there's something you gotta answer for me first."

She pouted and rocked back on her heels, retracting her hands. Arms now locked over her chest she popped a hip and waited for the question that could make or break her night.

"And that would be...?"
He rubbed his chin in thought for a moment as though trying to think up the words for his question before speaking.

"Why is it that a beautiful woman such as yourself. Being a pirate of sorts and all, why would you be trusting enough to accept a guys offer, me, to go for a drink regardless of the fact that you had just met me and as such would not know if it would be legit or not? I mean I could have opted to poison you if I chose to. But I didn't so no worries there."

She fixed him with a funny look which tended toward astounded the more he spoke. She let's burst with a bark of laughter and gestured as she spoke.

"Firstly, you only checked one wrist for weapons. Secondly I'm not nearly a frail enough woman to be afraid of being over taken. Thirdly, had you poisoned me my body would have reacted before the serum had entered my system, I'm warded. And very lastly, I already admitted I enjoy risks."

She had taken a very stern stance; feet shoulder with apart, one hand planted on her jut out hip, the other ticking off her points and her head bobbed as she spoke send waves through her dark hair.

"Now; either entertain me this evening so I have some place to stay or stop wasting my time." She was frowning now.

((Perhaps we should decide their "proceedings" winkwink for the evening so someone else can post xD))
He tapped the side of his head as he smirked a bit.

"I have no need to check your other wrist. I can sense the magic that imbued it as I can use a smattering of magic myself. And also. I don't actually shake that to check for weapons. I do it as a sign of respect for the ways of old. I feel hidden weapons provide favorable surprises in combat."

He then chuckled a bit more as he pointed upwards.

"I figure a nice sunset usually starts things in a good way."

(Yeah I think we're getting a tad post crazy. I guess we could discuss the 'proceedings via pm so others can post.)

Her pout floundered for a moment before it reluctantly brightened. "Fine. Then you knew at any moment if I felt it necessary, or if I wanted to just do it for amusement, I could have put my left hand through you and come back with your heart and your chest would have been none the wiser? Well, until it realized it had nowhere to filter your blood and you hemorrhaged to death."

She shrugged jovially and linked her arm in his. "Show me where you're staying, Kyle."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shaded Truth [Group RP] -OPEN-

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus