Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Crown of Laurels OOC

OH MY GOSH! I swear I looked at the post order this time lol. I am so sorry.
Tus did you want to introduce a character now? Or wait a bit and let Corym sweat for a while?
Personally I'd let him sweat it out for a bit, but that's just me lol
I'd imagine it'd be a bit of mood whiplash if Corym just turned around and there was someone new the second Varen disappeared. XD
Although, Tus' character doesn't have to round the bend right away, he could take the turn order to introduce his character a bit and provide a some backstory, as well as why they're now on their own in the maze.
I just wanted to give Tus the option of posting however he wants. Didn't want to pull a Serv. :P *teases*
Syaoran555 wrote:

Quite right

It may be the case his companion died in this first quest and everyone suspect Corym of murder... making Mark the ranger weary of this company, should Corym partner happen to die again

Also Kalkas gives him a human because elves think them less capable and more disposable
8TigerBunnyTora Topic Starter

Tusitala2017 wrote:
Syaoran555 wrote:

Quite right

It may be the case his companion died in this first quest and everyone suspect Corym of murder... making Mark the ranger weary of this company, should Corym partner happen to die again

Also Kalkas gives him a human because elves think them less capable and more disposable

I do think there’s merit to that logic as well. If there is still any vendetta towards Corym, it would show here.
Think it more of an underhanded move

- A human partner who appears more of a burden and hindrance to Corym than help because he's human aka limited skills, with no or little magic.

- Lessens Corym chances. Mark being human makes Corym failure more likely for lack of proper support/partner

- Lowers Corym reputation (some sort of insult to be likened and paired with a human than a warrior elf),

- Blame/suspicion. If the human dies which is more likely it makes Corym seem more of a murderer aka unworthy to be trusted and chosen

- Pushes agenda further. if humans can't even keep up with elven challenges makes it more obvious they are not skilled or valuable enough to be needed in the elven realms or as allies to join forces with

Of course Mark could end up proving them wrong if he survives and wins or helps Corym win, making a strong case for unity and peace. We shall see

I agree with all of your logic.
Poor Corym! T.T Everyone is out to get him!

But yes that all makes sense. Just tell me when you wamt me to post. :)
@Dndmama ... don't delay your replies on my account..

I will post Mark being arrested, tossed with Lionel, berated by Kalkas and brought to Corym on round / challenge 2

Post order applies to contestants during the challenges aka not for Mark yet

After challenge 1 if corym survives he's supposed to be locked up again in Lionel place for the rest of time.

There he will meet Mark and either dislike each other (why kalkas puts them together) or like each other (kalkas unaware of this new friendship) a lot of this depends on Corym

Post wise no rush on my end yet as challenge 1 not yet over but I will drop some parallel replies here and there
Noted! I'll try to get to it tonight after baby bed time. Lots of posts to get to after baby bed time XD
Hey, I'm all about the adversity towards Corym, it gives me something to work with. So far a lot of his conflict has either been because he decided to be angry, or because he's literally a criminal by elven law. Otherwise the conflict hasn't been too severe.
Shoot, I didn't want to double-post, but I wasn't sure if I was up next or not due to how the turn order got scrambled.
You're up now Rev cuz Serv keeps jumping the gun lol

(love you Serv lol)
Syaoran555 wrote:
You're up now Rev cuz Serv keeps jumping the gun lol

(love you Serv lol)

LOL Love you back. <3
I know you're super busy, Tora, I just want to make sure you know it's your turn and you haven't forgotten about us. I know I loose track all the time. >.<
She knows, Mama, don't worry.
Sorry. I dont mean to rush anyone, especially Tora. I know she's got a ton on her shoulders. But people forget sometimes. That's all. :)

I know it’s my turn. Serv and Syaoran know that this week has been a very difficult one for me emotionally and I’m struggling to to catch up on all of our rps.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Crown of Laurels OOC

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus