Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » House Of Freaks (open)

Max Nicholls (played by NeonGreenHair17)

He shivers, and glances at her, "Sage already knows this but..." He told her about his wife and son. "That's why." He braced himself for her anger, "I will not make the same mistake of hurting or letting harm come to another loved one again."
“Oh my god...” She says, she wasn’t angry, but she was confused. This wasn’t the Max she knew, this wasn’t the Max that tried to defend her when people started fighting in the halls, this wasn’t the Max that raced her across the skies once they gained their freedom.

A saddened look appears on her face, she then thinks about what happened to her own family. She has to dig her nails into her arm to stop herself from crying.
“I’m sure it wasn’t you. Sometimes people like us get.....brainwashed.” She scoops up the berries into her hands, “you can’t blame yourself....” she pauses for a moment, before opening her mouth again. “How’d you get caught?”

"I went willingly." Was all he said before he climbed up a tree in the cover of branches so she wouldn't see the tears in his eyes.
Sage Mecker (played by Cherry_Red)

Sage woke up and heard them speak "I don't kind of don't get why, but that doesn't matter now." She said and looked up at him "Max come down from there. You may be a man but your still allowed to have feelings and cry about them if necessary." She said and began to climb up the tree.

She sat next to him and hugged him.

He wiped his eyes with his claw as he crawled into her lap like a cat and curled against her. "I shouldn't cry in front of you. I need to be strong when you can't be, lift you up when you fall." He shook his head, "I shouldn't be crying anyway."
She also climbs the tree, she sits on another branch. She feels terrible for asking. “Hey....it’s okay..”

She shook her head and put her hand on his back "I appreciate it Max, I've never had someone who wanted to do that for me, but you need someone too, I can be that person you need to talk to Max. I could be your partner in crime, not really, but you know what I mean. I get if you don't want that, but I'm not giving you much of a choice." She smiled at him.

He gave a hearty laugh, his mood lifted, "You girls are wonderful. Truly wonderful." He smiled at both of them in turn, "I could have never had better friends if Filliard himself created them." He rubbed his head against Sage, smiling, "Thank you. Both of you."

She smiled. Glad that she lifted him up. "Well, I'm glad that I escaped with you, though I had no idea what I was thinking when I broke those doors down. But Max, my family can wait, sure I can stop by and talk to them and tell them I'm okay, but I'm not staying with them, unless you don't want me hanging around."

He frowned only a bit, "Sage, i would never ask you to hang around with me over being with your family. Of course I would enjoy your company, but I wouldn't want you to miss them just to travel about, or do what I do with me. I don't want either of you unhappy because of me."

"That's impossible Max, the only way I'd be unhappy is if you forced me. But I'm doing this willingly, and my mind is made up, they'll understand. I don't want to ruin their life they've built up for themselves, I feel like I'd ruin that." Her brows furrowed together as she went into deep thought about it, then shook her head and smiled.

He put his paws on her shoulders so they were eye level, "As long as you are absolutely certain that is what you want."
He walked through the woods, muttering to himself.

She nodded and smiled "one-hundred percent positive." She said and giggled softly. She hopped off of the tree and sits next to the river.

As he was on her lap, he fell off, saving himself by opening his wings and floating safely to the ground. He went to the river and turned into the water dragon, diving under and seeming to disappear, only to pop up next to her and playfully spray her with water.
Rosie watched their entire conversation with a smile, though, she thinks that Sage is crazy. Throwing away her life with her family, that takes guts. Rosie swings off of the tree and lands on her feet. She feels the bruises on her body, they finally developed after her heavy fall earlier.

Sage gasped at the water splashed onto her. She went into the water and tackled the water dragon to the ground with a smile.

He wiggles out of her grasp, leaping out of the water and into the air, landing on the ground and reverting back to regular form. He notices that Rose is hurt and he goes to her, "Where does it hurt?"

"Ugh!" She said as she got herself all wet, then saw Rose and ran up to her, or tried, she slipped a few times. Eventually she got there and looked at her bruises "these do not look good."
“Nah, i’m okay, I just fell on my butt waking up this morning” She dismissed it with a laugh. “You should’ve seen it, bet you would’ve laughed” She drops a closed fist into her open palm, imitating and explosion when they make contact.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » House Of Freaks (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus