Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » House Of Freaks (open)

Max Nicholls (played by NeonGreenHair17)

Max looked to Sage for a second, then smiled at Rose, "Hope we didn't leave you for too long." He said, smiling encouragingly at Sage.
Sage Mecker (played by Cherry_Red)

She sighed, knowing she would have to get over herself and she leaned herself against a tree. She watched the river flowing on the side of her. Then she looked up, looking at the sun through the trees.
“No, you were only gone for a few minutes.” She looked at the little girl, then back at Max. “But we’ve got a quiet one

Sage smiled at the fox, now that she was admiring nature. She stretched her back and her arms. She took a bottle of water and drank some.

"That's odd. She was rather chatty before." Max sits down, now that Sage was happy again he felt the exaughstion from before returning and he closed his eyes.

"Time for the dragon to rest now." She smiled at Max. "Don't worry, I'll keep watch." She winked at him and went and sat on a log that faced away from the camp. She got lost in her thoughts.

"Dragons can stay up for weeks at a time!" He boasted weakly as he started morphing into a dragon seemingly made of shadow.

She didn't look impressed. Though it did take her by surprise "you're clearly tired." She smiled softly at him, not knowing what else to say.

He walked to her, about the size of a small cat, and settled at her feet, "Fine, then I'll rest here." He mumbled.
“I think you should listen to Sage. It’ll be better if we took turns.” Rosie said as climbed a tree and laid down on a branch. “After all, even tough, menacing dragons need sleep”

She had to fight back the urge of petting him, he was just a human form just a second ago, that'd be weird. She sighed and nodded "fine by me."

"I'm the man." He said, tiredly, "A man... Looks out for... Those he... Cares for..." He starts lightly, almost inaudibly, snoring as he falls into a light slumber.
Rosie can hear what Max says, it was sweet. But it also made her curious, what turned him into the man he is today?

Rosie ponders for a moment, her head resting on her hands. She closes her eyes, the slight chill in the air felt nice as she slowly drifted off to sleep.

The next morning Max woke first, stretching in his shadow form. He felt much better this morning, his energy restored. He walked into the woods to be alone for a moment. If anyone were to follow after...
He walked out of a small hole directly next to the tree, coming up in front of Max, but not seeing him. He sighed and pulled a sword out of the hole before walking off through the woods.
The next morning, Rosie woke up and stretched her arms out. But she has to let go of the branch to do so, so she falls off of the branch. She makes an “Oof” sound when she hits the ground.

Light-headed, she stands up, brushing her dress off. “That’ll leave some bruises” She said, walking into the woods to find some food.

He used this to his advantage and jumped on the being's back, weightless and invisible to sight or smell. He decided to hitch a ride on this mysterious man.
In a few minutes, Rosie comes back with a handful of nuts and wild berries. She knew her plants pretty well, so the berries were safe to eat, even if they tasted like garbage.

She laid them out and began counting her findings.

He found nothing interesting, returning back to camp, looking at her pile, "Well done." He said, coming to sit by her.

(Now's her chance to ask how he became a man.)
Rosie looked at max when he sat next to her, she considers asking him about his past. She hesitates, but decides to do it anyway.

“I heard what you were mumbling last night....” She said while counting her findings, she’s almost done. “What happened to you? I mean, you act like an alpha lion defending his pride when it comes to us.....why?” She uses her small finger to push the nuts and berries into a large pile.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » House Of Freaks (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus