Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

Lisa Adrean Adeptus (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

"We're taking care of that," says Lisa. "I...think we can shelter here, at least for the night, and Victi claims that this building should have weapons, although we haven't had the chance to look." She is squinting at the package in her hand, trying to understand the words. Cold...compass? No, that makes no sense. Her eyesight is still awful and trying to read pains her head. Furthermore, OPTIC has fallen silent, so she has no help from him. Or it. Whatever.

Liliath is here, of course. The child should be old enough to read, right?

"Hey, come here," she waves Liliath over to her side. "Can you tell me what this is?" She shows the girl the package: a small white and blue bag that reads "instant cold compress."

"The medicine we have here is a little, er, different from what I know."
Helynah (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Bronze Nyx wrote:
She's not from around here too? Then what's going on? Two individuals stuck in a foreign land is far too coincidental. What's more is that she's... a human. A human? Seriously? They're only a fickle of imagination in his friend's head. Nothing but funny-looking creatures. But why does she exist? Her voice reminds him of a woman so she must be a she, right? Do they even have genders? This must really be a dream. He's expecting to wake up any moment now but...

Bronze never left his eyes on the human until she entered inside. He then waited and kept thinking. Bronze is silent when she emerged from the building and offered her hand, deciding if he should shake it. In fact, he stared at it for a few seconds. The offer seems generous, and building good relationships somehow his forte, plus she seems like a valuable ally especially if there are really monsters creeping around here. And lastly, even if this is a dream, he'll feel guilty by leaving her hanging. "Bronze. Bronze Nyx." the feline replied and shook her hand, feeling the callouses that just indicate her years of training.. Oh, heavens. Even her hand feels real.

That's...not a very Felixian name. Helynah raises a brow but doesn't say anything. Perhaps he had an eccentric sire; it's none of her concern.

"Come," she says eagerly, more than happy to get to whatever business they have. "I have no idea what's happening, and neither do you, apparently. What we do know is that something dangerous lives here and might be stalking us. All I think to do is find shelter..." she trails off as she scans the street for a good hiding place. She catches sight of the bold, glowing sign that reads "Super Market." That draws a chuckle out of her; what makes one market super compared to another market?

Either way, a market has people and supplies, although she doesn't expect to meet any of the former; everyone with the exception of her and Bronze seems to have died an ugly, gruesome death.

"That looks alright; follow me," she makes a start toward the building with the bright "super market" sign.
Bronze Nyx (played by Zevel)

"Sure, sure. I'll uh, I'll watch the rear." The feline replied with a small nod, casting a sidewards glance behind him. Still unsure on what's going on and what to believe, Bronze decided to play along and deal with what he's experiencing seriously. He won't lose anything if he acted like everything right now is really dangerous, right? Probably his sanity. I bet that illusionist is laughing right now. The wildcat sneered inwardly and tailed Helynah.

After a few seconds of walking, Bronze have only just picked up where they're going— to that building with that 'Super Market' glowing sign. "This place, huh? It just looks... bright. You think we can hide here?" Bronze questioned, staring at the bright words.

How they ever made that sign glow is out of his knowledge. Magic, perhaps? No, that would be impossible. If it is made of magic, someone would be here, and no sane person would light up two words in a dire situation like this.
Lisa Adrean Adeptus wrote:
"We're taking care of that," says Lisa. "I...think we can shelter here, at least for the night, and Victi claims that this building should have weapons, although we haven't had the chance to look." She is squinting at the package in her hand, trying to understand the words. Cold...compass? No, that makes no sense. Her eyesight is still awful and trying to read pains her head. Furthermore, OPTIC has fallen silent, so she has no help from him. Or it. Whatever.

Liliath is here, of course. The child should be old enough to read, right?

"Hey, come here," she waves Liliath over to her side. "Can you tell me what this is?" She shows the girl the package: a small white and blue bag that reads "instant cold compress."

"The medicine we have here is a little, er, different from what I know."

Liliath looked to the bag , yes Liliath was supposed to be able to read , but her parents never allowed her to go to school. “I don’t know.” She said honest “I can’t read , I should but I don’t know how to read.” “Raven do you know how to read?”

Raven isn't indoors, it seems. Knowing her, the cat is either teasing the last newcomer or trying to coax them inside, most likely some mix of both. Fortunately, Lisa can answer that question herself. She does so with an exasperated sigh. "No, she can't. I've tried to teach her but she doesn't care." She holds the package closer to her face, frowning, then opens it.

A...another bag. How helpful.

It has to have some sort of medicinal use. This second package doesn't have any obvious markers for where to open it, so she's reluctant to do so. The "cold" label hints that it is some sort of ice pack, but they have nothing to freeze it with. She closes a tight fist around the bag, frustrated.

Still squeezing it, she takes a deep breath, counts to ten and breathes out. At least looking calm, she changes her focus. "Victi, can you find some pencils or something similar?" She needs to make emergency splints for the broken fingers.
"Sure. Can you make out anything at all on that? Either one?" she asks as she starts opening what drawers she can fin. Some sort of writing instrument. Capped, so probably a liquid-based pen. It'll do. "You've been lookin' at it for a little bit," she continues, looking at the bag as she passes them over.

Lisa squints at the outer packaging she'd torn into while gratefully taking the pens Victi'd found. "I can read the word 'cold' in the middle, then something that starts with an 'i' or and 'l', and the last word looks like 'compass' to me." She slowly shakes her head. "I'm very sure that it's meant to be used like ice, but we can't make it-eep!" She drops the bag in her fist like it just bit her. It feels like it did, turning cold to the touch.

"I-it...okay..." Well, she can use it now. She sets it aside and fetches bandages and gauze, some to bind the package to Masato's bruised arm and some to use for makeshift finger splints. She finds two more packages identical to the first so she can cover as many bruises as she can. She hopes their cold lasts long enough for her to rotate them and eventually cover all of the bruises. After that initial shock, she seems excited to have finally understood something in this horrifying alien city.

Bronze Nyx wrote:
"Sure, sure. I'll uh, I'll watch the rear." The feline replied with a small nod, casting a sidewards glance behind him. Still unsure on what's going on and what to believe, Bronze decided to play along and deal with what he's experiencing seriously. He won't lose anything if he acted like everything right now is really dangerous, right? Probably his sanity. I bet that illusionist is laughing right now. The wildcat sneered inwardly and tailed Helynah.

After a few seconds of walking, Bronze has only just picked up where they're going— to that building with that 'Super Market' glowing sign. "This place, huh? It just looks... bright. You think we can hide here?" Bronze questioned, staring at the bright words.

How they ever made that sign glow is out of his knowledge. Magic, perhaps? No, that would be impossible. If it is made of magic, someone would be here, and no sane person would light up two words in a dire situation like this.

The magic in Helynah's world allows for enchanters to make glowing items and leave them unattended, so she gawks at the sign no more than the rest of the market's bizarre architecture. She also is much less concerned about hiding than Bronze. With her large, obvious weapon and bright cloak -she has no interest in ditching the cloak- she thinks trying to hide would be too much trouble for her. However, she understands Bronze's sentiment; something very dangerous lives here and it might be stalking them. They should tread with caution.

She should also consider explaining her decision.

"I think it's a market place, although I don't understand what is super about it." She peers through its big glass windows -what a wretched design idea- and sees shelf after shelf of goods, some familiar and useful, some alien to her. "It has supplies we might need. For example, food, in case we're prisoners here. Or extra weapons...or something to make weapons with, in case we encounter whatever killed that beast. I think..." she falls silent when she thinks she sees a person silhouetted in the dim light indoors. She grabs Bronze by the upper arm and drags him out of view of the window.
"Compress, maybe? It works off of an endothermic chemical reaction, probably. I.... I'm not used to things like this either, but I'm glad that basic chemistry still holds up," she explains, reassured that it's only the weirdness of, say, semiconductor device physics or bizarre phenomena that allow direct-linked communication over interstellar and interplanar divides that were failing here in terms of tech.

Well, okay semiconductors aren't all that weird, and are actually fairly easy to understand if you let yourself accept --- later, inner Victi. Work to do now. For example, raiding filing cabinets and trying to find documents. She hoped whoever these people were as technologically nostalgic as her kind and still kept paper records of things sometimes....
Lisa Adrean Adeptus wrote:
Raven isn't indoors, it seems. Knowing her, the cat is either teasing the last newcomer or trying to coax them inside, most likely some mix of both. Fortunately, Lisa can answer that question herself. She does so with an exasperated sigh. "No, she can't. I've tried to teach her but she doesn't care." She holds the package closer to her face, frowning, then opens it.

A...another bag. How helpful.

It has to have some sort of medicinal use. This second package doesn't have any obvious markers for where to open it, so she's reluctant to do so. The "cold" label hints that it is some sort of ice pack, but they have nothing to freeze it with. She closes a tight fist around the bag, frustrated.

Still squeezing it, she takes a deep breath, counts to ten and breathes out. At least looking calm, she changes her focus. "Victi, can you find some pencils or something similar?" She needs to make emergency splints for the broken fingers.

OPTIC's sudden inability to respond was caused by power fluctuation. The same ones that herald a greater danger -- a cascade failure. Deciding to keep this to himself yet, it still had time, OPTIC replied in a curt fashion toward Lisa's comments.

"Superficial healing, done well. Once the procedure is finished, I will take over. Begin repair of possible internal damage. Possibility to save retinas without further damage. Moderate."

It paused briefly. before continuing, " Thank you. Do you optical centers require assistance as well?"
"We are both visually impaired, yes. I should be able to recover over the next couple days, speaking of which I should stop leaving my pupils dialated, even if that's all that's letting me see right now, but if you wish to tend to her in some manner, please explain your plan of action first," Victi cut in. She did not want to risk a possibly glitchy bot doing something crazy like trying to do surgery with probably-broken equipment. She was lucky Ni had gotten to her in time the last time that had happened.

Helynah wrote:
The magic in Helynah's world allows for enchanters to make glowing items and leave them unattended, so she gawks at the sign no more than the rest of the market's bizarre architecture. She also is much less concerned about hiding than Bronze. With her large, obvious weapon and bright cloak -she has no interest in ditching the cloak- she thinks trying to hide would be too much trouble for her. However, she understands Bronze's sentiment; something very dangerous lives here and it might be stalking them. They should tread with caution.

She should also consider explaining her decision.

"I think it's a market place, although I don't understand what is super about it." She peers through its big glass windows -what a wretched design idea- and sees shelf after shelf of goods, some familiar and useful, some alien to her. "It has supplies we might need. For example, food, in case we're prisoners here. Or extra weapons...or something to make weapons with, in case we encounter whatever killed that beast. I think..." she falls silent when she thinks she sees a person silhouetted in the dim light indoors. She grabs Bronze by the upper arm and drags him out of view of the window.

To think like that is quite impressive, at least in the feline's perspective. To adapt that quick and accept that they might be lingering here for a long, good while, and make plans how to survive. Bronze kept his skepticism within him and tries to keep nonchalant but— everything feels so real. The feline watches the human survey the area, his mind sending him warnings of dangers. This place is too revealed, they can easily be seen by these glass windows. Who uses glass windows for walls!? Ridiculous. And those... stuff on the shelves are far too neatly organized. This is food? Is this a lure? Feels like one.

Caught in the middle of his thoughts, he was grabbed by the arm and was caught off balance when Helynah pulled him. Twisting his tail, he managed to regain his balance and land on his two feet silently. Feeling alarmed, he asked in a whisper. "Why? What is it?"
Seo yeon (played by Cookiesareyummie)

Seo was bored and walked outside , she noticed 2 strangers. “What yah doing here!”

-

Liliath sighed “I am going to check the store.” Liliath walked back to the store and noticed the strangers to “Hi I am Liliath!”

"Sorry, someone is-" that very stranger comes out of the market and meets her eyes. In a smooth motion, Helynah releases Bronze, steps forward, and draws her trident so it rests comfortably in her hand.

But instead of attacking, she repeats the palm to chest motion with which she'd earlier greeted the felixian.

"I haven't the faintest idea, if you mean this bizarre city. As for specifics, this felixian and I-" a friendly call cuts short her introduction. She turns to see a small finger running toward them from the gloom. Is that a child?
Liliath wasn’t sure if she should continue walking to the store , she didn’t want to make Lisa upset. Only saying hi would be fine right?
“Hi.” “I am only grabbing my stuff .”

Helynah wrote:
"Sorry, someone is-" that very stranger comes out of the market and meets her eyes. In a smooth motion, Helynah releases Bronze, steps forward, and draws her trident so it rests comfortably in her hand.

But instead of attacking, she repeats the palm to chest motion with which she'd earlier greeted the felixian.

"I haven't the faintest idea, if you mean this bizarre city. As for specifics, this felixian and I-" a friendly call cuts short her introduction. She turns to see a small finger running toward them from the gloom. Is that a child?

His thoughts are in a flurry of questions that it is almost exhausting. He subconciously rubbed his arm and straightened his posture, awkwardly composing a sentence to say. Funny how he felt anxious about a stranger. An opposite on what the situation always had been. "I see." He stated, resting his paw on his rapier's hilt. His ears twitched at the mention of Felixian, his brows furrowing in puzzlement.

Just as he was supposed to reply, another voice cut in. A small voice that can only belong to a child. His amber eyed widened a bit, more questions forming in his head. What the hell are really going on here? The Felidae blinked as the child stated her business. He ignored Helynah's panicked reply and went to make a reply of his own, forcing his face to be calm and neutral. "You seem to be calm and bored considering the dangers that lurk. Me and her—" he said, pointing two fingers at Helynah and himself. "—are just wandering around in search of proper shelter. Tell me human, is there any place where we can go? An inn perhaps?"
Bronze Nyx wrote:
Helynah wrote:

His thoughts are in a flurry of questions that it is almost exhausting. He subconciously rubbed his arm and straightened his posture, awkwardly composing a sentence to say. Funny how he felt anxious about a stranger. An opposite on what the situation always had been. "I see." He stated, resting his paw on his rapier's hilt. His ears twitched at the mention of Felixian, his brows furrowing in puzzlement.

Just as he was supposed to reply, another voice cut in. A small voice that can only belong to a child. His amber eyed widened a bit, more questions forming in his head. What the hell are really going on here? The Felidae blinked as the child stated her business. He ignored Helynah's panicked reply and went to make a reply of his own, forcing his face to be calm and neutral. "You seem to be calm and bored considering the dangers that lurk. Me and her—" he said, pointing two fingers at Helynah and himself. "—are just wandering around in search of proper shelter. Tell me human, is there any place where we can go? An inn perhaps?"

“I already have a shelter .” That was not completely true , but she didn’t want to stay with these strangers “I left some stuff here , I only need to grab it and then I go back.” “There are a lot of empty houses , but there are traps in those houses.”

Traps. Empty houses. Chances are good that they won't find an open inn. The child, although still friendly, suddenly seems wary and eager to leave. She nods. "Thank you for warning us, Liliath." Her eyes never completely meet the little girl's; they dart from the bright sign, to the other human woman, to Bronze, and to their dark and miserable surroundings.

"You haven't been alone, have you?" Her question comes purely from concern. The presense of traps, if truthful, leaves her with a sense that someone or something is actively hunting them. This is not a good place to let a lone child wander. "Are you keeping the company of this woman?" She gestures toward Seo, who seems to have fallen silent upon the appearance of the little girl.

Quote:
OPTIC's sudden inability to respond was caused by power fluctuation. The same ones that herald a greater danger -- a cascade failure. Deciding to keep this to himself yet, it still had time, OPTIC replied in a curt fashion toward Lisa's comments.

"Superficial healing, done well. Once the procedure is finished, I will take over. Begin repair of possible internal damage. Possibility to save retinas without further damage. Moderate."

It paused briefly. before continuing, " Thank you. Do you optical centers require assistance as well?"
Quote:
"We are both visually impaired, yes. I should be able to recover over the next couple days, speaking of which I should stop leaving my pupils dialated, even if that's all that's letting me see right now, but if you wish to tend to her in some manner, please explain your plan of action first," Victi cut in. She did not want to risk a possibly glitchy bot doing something crazy like trying to do surgery with probably-broken equipment. She was lucky Ni had gotten to her in time the last time that had happened.

Lisa is almost finished setting the last broken finger when OPTIC snaps a reply, catching her off-guard. She freezes like a startled fawn until she processes what was said. "Oh, no thank you- I mean - I also believe my eyes will recover with a few days of rest." She carefully puts the splint into place. Then she rearranges the compresses on Masato's arms, planning to remove them after another ten or fifteen minutes. "I will be finished helping your wearer very soon, then yes, you may take over." She has no idea how to take care of whatever internal damage he may have. That kind of healing takes better expertise and equipment. I wish I was home, with my cauldron and medicines. And mother, who'd better know what to do than me.
Helynah wrote:
Traps. Empty houses. Chances are good that they won't find an open inn. The child, although still friendly, suddenly seems wary and eager to leave. She nods. "Thank you for warning us, Liliath." Her eyes never completely meet the little girl's; they dart from the bright sign, to the other human woman, to Bronze, and to their dark and miserable surroundings.

"You haven't been alone, have you?" Her question comes purely from concern. The presense of traps, if truthful, leaves her with a sense that someone or something is actively hunting them. This is not a good place to let a lone child wander. "Are you keeping the company of this woman?" She gestures toward Seo, who seems to have fallen silent upon the appearance of the little girl.

“No she hit me.” She said a little frustrated well pointing to Seo “It’s your own fault brat.” “No i haven’t been alone , I am with Lisa , Raven and Victi.”

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus