Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

Lisa Adrean Adeptus (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Lisa stays silent for a while and lets Adam cry while she tries to settle on something to say. In the end, she lays a gentle hand on their shoulder. "This is all terrifying, I know, but..." well, actually, she finds no way to spin their situation into a positive light. In fact, touching them, especially since they seem as scared of her as they are of everything else, is probably a bad idea. She takes her hand away.

"I promise you can trust me and Raven." Trust, a word she holds dear and gives out rarely, seems like the best promise to make. "You can trust us to help you and not hurt you." She makes no promises for anyone else; she doesn't fully trust anyone else.
Seeker (played by WhatsInTheCube)

// There we go. //

{The Seeker stood still in the middle of a dark road, blood dripping down the dark flesh where her eyes were. The flesh itself was old, but the blood was new. Silence. Confused, the cenobite looked around. There’d have been somebody who’d opened the box... and nobody. In fact, nothing. If she still had eyes, they’d probably be wide with shock. The blood still strolled down her pale cheeks as she stared ahead of her.}
Far away from the group, a white-robed, bipedal dragon-like figure stirrs. This is not his mistress's citadel. In fact, this is.... a dead place, though. A test or vision, perhaps? Strange. He rose, straightened his robe and cloak, both white and featuring a mosaic-like pattern depicting a silvery serpent on the backs, and reached to his hip.

Perfect. A little more than two feet of ceramic shaft, with a blade of similar length running parallel to it fell into his grip. With a flick, the blade snapped into position like a strange shortsword, with the blade slightly foreward of the over-long handle. Satisfied, he twitched a finger over a subtle catch, and let the two telescoping parts of the shaft spring out from the end of the handle, resulting in a nearly 8.5 ft polearm.

Fully ready, he looked around, green eyes peering out from under a silver mask. What was this place?

The cenobite could somehow sense someone else was there. Yet, she had no clue where. Thqt was the moment she started walking. The crimson flesh where her eyes were seemed completely black thanks to the darkness. She fingered at the hook that was at her side, which seemed to be showing through a few torn-looking parts that were almost, honestly, resembling a rib cage. The sudden cold air instead of the rather warmth of her terrible (actually, lovely to her) home had somewhat sped her up. She wanted to escape the cold as soon as possible, but with nowhere in sight, she couldn’t.
The warpriest began walking. Some sort of town or city. Small, but.... comfortable. Well, it had been, it seemed. Far too many assorted corpses now. He suspected the goddess to be trying to teach him something, especially since he could not seem to grasp onto magic.

As he mused about this.... one of the corpses seemed to be walking. Eyes absent, sockets bleeding. Mildly disturbing, but not the worst he'd seen. He adjusted his armoured hands' grips on the shaft of his glaive. The odds of it being an oracular speeker and a threat were..... about half and half. He strode towards it. He may as well deal with this visionary dream as quickly as possible. The goddess always valued efficiency.

The Seeker stopped in her tracks. She could hear it. She patiently waited for whatever it was to get closer. She was hugging the golden puzzle box to her chest, and she did a few twists and turns. They had to see this place. It was nice in her “eyes.” The cube would probably take quite a while to snap into place. She stood still, continuing to mess around with the dark gold cube.
He stopped a few meters away from the undead, planting the spike at the butt of the glaive against the pavement. No species he knew, this corpse. Curious. That puzzle box... also curious. Likely an oracle, then? Well, that seemed good. He knew any dropping of guard would tempt the goddess into changing its nature, so he kept himself ready to move, even if his temple-duty armour, a light blend of exotic high-strength materials and kinetic foams, made him improbably resiliant. It wasn't power armour, not by a long shot, but given that the energistic projector in the glaive and his HUD were not working.....

The small ‘demon’ grinned abnormally wide once she spun around. There seemed to be blood on her teeth. Her playful grin slowly faded once she saw what it was. If she still had eyes, she’d have an obvious expression of terror. The other cenobites weren’t scared this easily usually. And they rarely were scared. The Seeker let her mouth stay agape. Se looked the large... creature up and down before her smile returned. “Why, hello!”
"What purpose do you serve here?" He asked, his voice deep and reverberating under his mask, letting a glint of his bronze-scaled jaw show as he spoke. Something seemed.... off, though. They never reacted like this before....

“I have many purposes.” The Seeker purred with a small head tilt, the blood from the crimson flesh flying down onto the road. She continued fiddling with the cube, though she wasn’t at all paying attention to how it looked at the moment. But, it seemed close to being complete. It seemed to shine in the bright white light of the moon. “And how about you?”
Victi trotted through the store, looking for meat. Anything "fresh" would be bad at this point buuut....

Success! Preserved meats! Salted, smoked, canned.... Victi was a very happy fox very quickly. She opened a couple packages, and got to eating.
Bronze Nyx (played by Zevel)

Helynah wrote:
Not taking kindly to neither being accused of weakness or watching a child get smacked without just cause, Helynah grabs Seo by the collar and unceremoniously moves to shove her to the ground.

If she hits the street, Helynah brings the blunt end of her trident to hover over Seo's face. She will drive that weapon into the brat's dainty nose if she tries to get up. "This is not your place as long as we're here." Helynah doesn't actually plan to stay here long; they've drawn far too much attention to themselves. "And if I ever see you lay a hand on that child again, I will kill you." Her steady stance and unflinching gaze show that she means it.

Luckily, unless the girl feels like retaliating, the worst she'd have tonight is probably a pair of scraped elbows. Helynah withdraws and backs into the grocery store, her ice blue eyes not once leaving Seo until she gets inside.

Seo is clearly nothing more than talk, having not even attempted to stop the tall fox...bird...thing (It- probably she- has two pairs of feathered wings and a vulpine face; features she can't place without referring to old stories about Hyraphrede's angelic servants. This creature couldn't be serving the Goddess, surely.) from entering.

Bronze has his arms crossed as the exchange unfolded infront of him. Needless to say, he left the bickering to the women, or he thinks they are women. At least he knows that the vulpine-avian is a female, or he assumes she is. Again, he feels no assurance to everything. The creatures he is conversing with doesn't exist in his world.

For a woman of that age, hurting a child? Such immaturity. Bronze wonders if he is stuck in Purgatory or whatever the religious Mammalians called them. In his train of thought, he didn't realize that the silver vixen and Helynah has entered the store. He simply shrugged. "Ladies first, I guess.." Bronze muttered as he enteted the store himself, feeling contained between the glass walls. He kept his mouth shut just in case. Bronze doesn't have any clue what's in the shelf and how they work.
This.... perturbed him. Was this not a test by the goddess? Best to play along.

"I am uncertain of the task I have been assigned to here," he replied, evidently bothered.

The small cenobite, who was rather amused, had tilted her hesd the other way. Old flesh, new blood yet again. “Are you sure? Have you not opened our box?” She hugged the cube to her chest. She seemed to be done with trying to solve it.
A.... temptation? A test of intellect? The goddess was a cautious leader. Paranoia seemed appropriate.

"Why would I choose to do so?" He brought his glaive around, holding it ready in case of imminent combat. He let his eyes expose the sections sensitive to magical energy, but..... this place is.... dead. Magic seems trapped in the creature and box, maybe, but it doesn't leak out.... Bizarre. Should he not be expecting magical hazards here? He became more and more concerned with every passing moment.

She shrugged. The cenobite... surprisingly didn’t actually know an answer. “And, what exactly are you?” The Seeker went back to twisting the puzzle box as she spoke. Her voice now seemed as clear as day, which will come sometime. Now that the wind wasn’t covering it, it had sounded a bit raspy. She finally grabbed one of the curved blades from her hip. Now, both seemed ready to attack. But, the cenobite, less ready.
"I am Warpriest Atsiun of the Church of Her Eminence Cryu-Dzien of the Pentatheon. I am a warrior of the Pentatheic Draconid species," he declared with an even tone. No, even the Breath of the Gods was not an option here. He could barely manage a chilled breath, not to even imagine the usual frigid torent of cold air and drops of liquid nitrogen condensing in it.... Magic was taken here. There was no warning snap-and-hiss of his glaive coming to life with plasma.

He would not move first. If he could hear her out, he may learn of this place.

"Now that I have told you of myself," he inquired tentatively, "what are you, blood-weeper?"

“Blood weeper?” She scoffed. “I am oftenly called the Seeker. Have you not seen, not heard of a cenobite before? Not even the Hell Priest himself?” She purred. The Seeker smiled as she continued messing around with the golden cube. It twisted... twisted again... and... did not snap into place, sadly for her. She sighed, bringing it down to her left side. There almost seemed to be bone visible through the pale blue skin.
"I have not heard of such a creature. I have heard of many hellish priests, leaders of their demonic cults and faiths, however," his eyes narrowed under his mask as voice turned from deeply resonant to darkly hostile, "Many fall to the goddess's fury and light, be that light of her own resplendance, the strikes of the fleets, or the blades of her warriors! If you wish to deliver yourself to my blade, so be it! With magic restrained in this place, I sense you would not be a challenge."

((Need to get confirmation from Dazz on something before this boy's next overly valiant decision.))

Click. The cube had snapped into place. Nothing, though... Not for a while, at least. The ‘demon’ cringed as she took the curved blade into her pale hand. “Ah... Goddess? What shall she do to our god? He has much more power than her, much as I do you.” Oh, she was up for a challenge. With that size, it’d be easy to tear her up. After a few hits at least.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus