Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

Raven (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

"Hey." Raven presses her head against Adam's leg. "It's cold out here. Come inside with me. That freaky soldier boy is pretty much out and Lisa's probably falling asleep."

She smiles, flicking her tail and strolling toward the door left cracked open, probably by accident. The last one to leave was Liliath, who apparently managed to lure Victi away with news of new survivors. As much as she'd love to join the welcome committee, Adam looks like they could use some help and she really shouldn't leave Lisa alone.
As if to just underline that statement, Adam shuddered as they followed the cat. They had seemed to calm down, just a small bit once they started walking. Their green eyes, which were filled with tears, had seemed to become a bit less sparkly with their tears. “Uh... Th-... Thank you, I guess..?”
Lisa Adrean Adeptus wrote:
Quote:
The VI answered with silence. Broken briefly by a low, reverberating noise, that sounds a little like digital attempt at humming. Typically, OPTIC would be assisting an Alliance Medic or Senior Ships Doctor as their second, running scenarios and charting the best course for diagnoses against the wealth of knowledge supplied to it by its connection to the Extranet's mainframe. Here, in this town, it could do none of this. And for once it's entire operating lifespan, it was bored.

"How did this happen?"

Not one usually for small talk, it found that without a task it couldn't fill the silence with non-nonsensical melodies. It required input, stimuli, a kind of camaraderie, that was absent. Even from these two, though they had injured her bonded.

"How did you two arrive to this place?"

Her part of the job complete. Lisa packs away the first aid, putting what can fit into her own bag. She rests her head against the cold wall. The relief of being able to close her sore eyes, even if it can only last a moment, draws a weary sigh.

She answers OPTIC's question from this position. "Don't know. I simply woke up here on the street." She vaguely remembers falling asleep at home, her head resting on the open pages of an old recipe book. And now that she thinks of it, she didn't want to fall asleep then. It felt like something grabbed her and was dragging her into unconsciousness. She shudders. No more of that.

But one morbid idea simply feeds into another more pressing fear.

"When your...uh...bonded awakes, he won't- he'll know the fight is over, right?" She doesn't want another fight, and Masato doesn't strike her as someone she can easily talk down. Chances are also slim that the man will be able to fight, but Lisa tends to focus on the shadowed side of problems. However, she does so with a certain degree of self-awareness. "Sorry, silly question, I know."

OPTIC, System Alliance VI
Unknown 'Town', Outside Alliance Space

The whistling teapot sound that passed for its laughter came from OPTIC. The digital personality, knowing the human intimately, was quite amused. What it said probably told Lisa all it needed to know about the unconscious Colonel's belief in forgiveness.

"Because you rendered aid, I will put in a good word, so he wont hamstring you in your sleep."

"You're welcome." Her instincts are right, the soldier boy is lying motionless on the floor, though an eerie voice still drifts from the body and chats with Lisa, who is sitting woth her back pressed against the wall. Her eyes are shut and it seems she's about to fall over and find some much-needed sleep.

Raven continues to smile and pretend, just for the moment, that this is all right and normal. "Hello Lisa. Disembodied voice. How is everyone this fine evening?"
They stayed silent, and still. They now had become terrified again. Well, I didn’t say they weren’t scared. They just had maybe gotten more frightened. They bit their bottom lip, their eyes darting from each spot to the next.
Lisa Adrean Adeptus (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

"That's...not very comforting," she grumbles, but before she can muse on the looming threat of getting her tendons sliced, Lisa hears the creak of an opening door followed by footsteps. Raven meows much too cheerful greeting.

She opens one yellow eye just long enough to see who followed her cat. It stays open long enough for Adam to, perhaps, see her pupil constrict into a feline slit. "Ah, hello." Her voice comes as a whisper. She doesn't feel much like talking to anyone, but this boy might need her help. Explanations, comfort, medical help...she'll give it only reluctantly. She pats the floor at her side, inviting them to sit.
((Should Adam be curious, there's a pile of folders of incident reports and other documents on a nearby desk. If they feel that reading or trying to figure out what's going on might be helpful for their mental state, those may be worthwhile))
// Eh, I’ll probably have to think... //

They gave Lisa a weak little smile and nodded. They were... well, that classic thing where they were too scared to speak. And, again, they were on the verge of tears. Adam brought a bit of hair from his red face as he continued looking around. A rather curious place...
Seo yeon (played by Cookiesareyummie)

Victi Aurora Silverfur wrote:
Oh, tension and polite yet ominous threats? The speaker wasn't in sight yet, just around this corner, from the sound of it, but she already liked the sound of them. Well, it was a familiar style, at least.

Also, perfect timing for a snarky entrance.

"I think you should listen to him," she said, not even really caring who the parties involved were as she rounded the corner. In the bright halogen light of the sign, she could juuust make out the shape of a slender blade on the hip of the one with real ears. Also, three people, one with real ears, and the other two those weird critters with not enough fur, she was pretty sure, and one of those held a polearm. Probably the previously mentioned trident. Good to know!

"Let's be real, I'm seing a lot of pointies, not on you, and even if you have a superior weapon I don't think they'd be properly scared of firearms anyway. So hey! Up to you, but letting them get what they need seems smart. They're trying to be polite, right? Also, you should try being more co-operative. Ever notice how most sapient species are at least willing to work in groups?" She continued. Seemed snarky enough. She hoped she'd read the situation right. Always embarassing when you make the wrong snarky analysis.

“I am not going to work in groups with weird annoying weak people like you guys.” “And specially with that thing around.” She said pointing to Liliath “You hit me , so it’s your own fault I don’t like you.” “You know why I hit you? Cause you are annoying and why do you walk like a chicken?” “I am walking confident, it’s important to look confident.” Seo started laughing , what a dumb kid! “You look like a dumb chicken , with that walk.”

-

Liliath sighed “I can’t look a dumb chicken , cause I am a human , humans don’t look like chickens.”
Victi smiled... no... not a smile. A showing of teeth. "Tell me, pup," she said to Seo, voice cold, "What do you know about weakness." She tilted her head, and stance changing to be more balanced forward, her knees bent slightly. "Or, for that matter, strength. Tell me, and maybe I'll help encourage these ones to leave you alone."
Seo yeon (played by Cookiesareyummie)

“I don’t have time for this.” Then she mumbled some stuff about ‘annoying kids’ “The name is Seo not pup.” She rolled her eyes “And you kid , watch out.”
"Well, I hope you don't mind then," Victi quipped as she began sauntering through/past the tense standoff and into the store.
“Yes I hope you mind then.” Liliath said trying to sound like Victi , cause she thought it would make her sound and look more confident then she was. “Get out of this place kid.” Liliath shook her head “No.” Seo who already was angry decided to hit Liliath again , Liliath decided to stay calm and not to cry. She simply walked into the store her cheeks was red now. “Let’s get stuff.”
Victi heard the exchange, the slap, and felt Liliath brush up beside her a moment later. Her eyes narrowed. Well, the pup, Seo didn't speak like she even had a century behind her, so she was a pup, wasn't being dumb enough to stop them. That was fine by her. She wanted to at least make sure there wasn't, say, a gun under the counter that they'd end up leaving Seo with otherwise, or other nasty surprises that they'd have to deal with later. The shifter was enough bad news, thank you very much.
Helynah (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Not taking kindly to neither being accused of weakness or watching a child get smacked without just cause, Helynah grabs Seo by the collar and unceremoniously moves to shove her to the ground.

If she hits the street, Helynah brings the blunt end of her trident to hover over Seo's face. She will drive that weapon into the brat's dainty nose if she tries to get up. "This is not your place as long as we're here." Helynah doesn't actually plan to stay here long; they've drawn far too much attention to themselves. "And if I ever see you lay a hand on that child again, I will kill you." Her steady stance and unflinching gaze show that she means it.

Luckily, unless the girl feels like retaliating, the worst she'd have tonight is probably a pair of scraped elbows. Helynah withdraws and backs into the grocery store, her ice blue eyes not once leaving Seo until she gets inside.

Seo is clearly nothing more than talk, having not even attempted to stop the tall fox...bird...thing (It- probably she- has two pairs of feathered wings and a vulpine face; features she can't place without referring to old stories about Hyraphrede's angelic servants. This creature couldn't be serving the Goddess, surely.) from entering.

Adam Paite wrote:
// Eh, I’ll probably have to think... //

They gave Lisa a weak little smile and nodded. They were... well, that classic thing where they were too scared to speak. And, again, they were on the verge of tears. Adam brought a bit of hair from his red face as he continued looking around. A rather curious place...

After an uncomfortable moment of silence, she cracks her eyes open again to see Adam attempting to smile and not cry. She returns his smile, hers as weak and mirthless as his, then says:

"It's okay if you want to cry, though you've been doing it so much I'm surprised you have any tears left." Heavens know she's run out of tears after that catastrophe of the early evening. How...how long ago did that happen? An hour? Two hours? More? She was out for some time, so perhaps it's been longer.

Picking up Lisa's pathetic quip, Raven chuckles. "Sure, but I'll tease you for it." Her words lack heart. Even she probably couldn't bring herself to pick on anyone right now, but it's so quiet here- too quiet -she doesn't think she can get through the night without provoking a few genuine laughs. Not that she thinks threatening to make fun of strangers is a good way to boost morale.
Hearing that had just made the tears stream down their cheeks. They knew it wasn’t at all an insult, but it did sound like one to them. But, they quietly, and a bit awkwardly, laughed.

// I’m sorry my replies are getting short. ;-; //

((It's fine. I don't think we need to be long-winded for this conversation. ))

Okay, they need you. Her smile grows a little warmer. Her eyes only half open, she looks up at him and again pats the floor beside her. "Come sit; Raven bites more often than I do."

Raven scoffs and hops up onto the desk. She scatters a few of the incident reports as she gets comfortable on top of them. One or two pages get shoved off of the desk and float to the ground by Adam's feet. "Rude, but kind of true."
They bended over, grabbed the papers, and slowly walked over to Lisa.they sat down with their knees to their chest. Adam was still terrified, despite her calming words. They now were shaking a bit, but they didn’t complain. Normally they would, though...

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus