Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

Bronze Nyx (played by Zevel)

Liliath wrote:
Helynah wrote:
Traps. Empty houses. Chances are good that they won't find an open inn. The child, although still friendly, suddenly seems wary and eager to leave. She nods. "Thank you for warning us, Liliath." Her eyes never completely meet the little girl's; they dart from the bright sign, to the other human woman, to Bronze, and to their dark and miserable surroundings.

"You haven't been alone, have you?" Her question comes purely from concern. The presense of traps, if truthful, leaves her with a sense that someone or something is actively hunting them. This is not a good place to let a lone child wander. "Are you keeping the company of this woman?" She gestures toward Seo, who seems to have fallen silent upon the appearance of the little girl.

“No she hit me.” She said a little frustrated well pointing to Seo “It’s your own fault brat.” “No i haven’t been alone , I am with Lisa , Raven and Victi.”

So there's more of them? Bronze doesn't know how to feel about that. There may be safety in numbers but too much can attract unwanted visitors. He observed the relationship between the child human and the other one. It is something he doesn't wish to see, and doesn't want to get involved with. The feline feels like there's sonething more about these two.

He kept his muzzle shut for a while, prepared to the worst. If they take supplies here, it is most likely that there might be conflict between the four of them.
Thanks to the simple, clear titles of the various folders she was finding, Victi was able to let her pupils shrink back down to something much less likely to burn out her retina from overexposure. Sure, she had to take a few moments to make out any of the titles, but she could still at least see the large-font words such as "Incident reports" or "Vehicle maintenance expenses," All followed by... probably months and a year.

She ignored some of them, anything interesting about the maintenance would probably get noted in incident reports, but pulled out, say, the incident reports, or interrogation transcripts. She would read them later, once that got easier. Some of the drawers were locked, but they all seemed to use the same key, which she had yoinked off a corpse as part of her "loot the bodies" policy. Honestly, it was surprisingly quiet for the moment. She kept her ears perked up, hoping that she would hear the screaming or panicked calls for help over the continued very, very annoying ringing if anything interesting happened.
Liliath walked in the store , grabbed her backpack and then walked out the store “Bye!” Liliath runned back to her friends “There are 2 new people.”
Helynah (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Her disapproving frown, aimed directly at the unrepentant Seo, could sour milk. Her grip tightens around her weapon, which now rests in both hands. Something about this other girl seems...off.

Remember what we actually came for.

"We came here for supplies ourselves," she says to Liliath, "Perhaps you could tell us more about this city before you leave?"

Then to Seo: "Would you kindly step aside?" She laces her tone with a low growl, only halfway accidentally.
Helynah wrote:
Her disapproving frown, aimed directly at the unrepentant Seo, could sour milk. Her grip tightens around her weapon, which now rests in both hands. Something about this other girl seems...off.

Remember what we actually came for.

"We came here for supplies ourselves," she says to Liliath, "Perhaps you could tell us more about this city before you leave?"

Then to Seo: "Would you kindly step aside?" She laces her tone with a low growl, only halfway accidentally.

“The city is stupid!” Liliath yelled , as she continued running back.

Seo sighed “And why? , This is my place so go away.”
Victi sighed, and put down the sheaf of folders she had gathered. More people, huh? Should she go scout them? Wait for screaming or yelling?

On the one hand, she'd just finished this drawer, and learning about other... survivors? prey? whatever they all were, was probably a good idea. On the other..... it was night, and she couldn't see. Also, one more drawer left in the cabinet for her to go through.

Screw it, this way would be easiest. "Any reason for me to go scout them?" she asked in Liliath's general direction. Worst case, the girl's judgment would be wrong, and then they'd learn from that. Best case, she ether gets to go make a mess out of people or finish with this cabinet. Sleep and food would be nice.
“No they are ok.” , “I don’t think they wanna hurt us , they have a lot of question about this place.”
"Should I bother going up and trying to explain things to them, since we've kinda figured a bunch of it out?" She asked, unlocking the bottom drawer. Huh... a little stuck.
“Yeah , let’s go together!” “Can I go on your back?”
Victi snorted as she started walking towards... she was about 95% sure it was the door out, "You can walk, girl. Also, practising a strong, confident walk is good. Helps give you presence, and gives people the message that you're not to be messed with. First impressions and all that."

Way to spin not being able to change your legs to handle carrying things better, Victi. It did bug her. Usually she could just change the shape of her legs and be fine. Not right now, though. Stupid no magic...
“Oh ok.” Liliath looked at Vi it’s and tried to copy her walk “I am resllly confident.”
Liliath wrote:
“Oh ok.” Liliath looked at Vi it’s and tried to copy her walk “I am resllly confident.”

Victi chuckles, and starts off towards the store. Time to think about walking. Specifically, walking like any powerful sorceress should, magic actually available or not. She keeps her upper back straight and her chest out, letting her keep her shoulders square and back.

Her legs are digitigrade, meaning that she has shorter calves and longer feet, and walks up on her toes, which Liliath may have trouble copying. Oh well, the girl needs to learn her own style anyway. She takes long steps, at a casual but not slow pace, shifting her weight over her supporting leg with every step, causing her hips to shift back and forth as she moved. Possibly not the best way for a kid to move, she admits to herself, but her legs kinda force it for her to move comfortably and have a good long gait.

Quote:
“The city is stupid!” Liliath yelled , as she continued running back.

Seo sighed “And why? , This is my place so go away.”

Okay, now Helynah just wants to punch the girl.

We're not in desperate need of supplies, she tells herself, and we can find shelter almost anywhere. The sound reasoning stays her hand, but she doubts that she can open her mouth without spouting an insult; more than a few choice words are coming to mind.

So instead of speaking, she holds one hand up and steps back. She casts a look at Bronze, one boiling over with frustration. I give up; it's your turn now.

Bronze just sighed as he watched the exchange between the two. The Felidae glared at Seo. Brats will be brats, huh? He's got to intimidate this woman. He'll take responsibility of what happens next.

"Hey, kid." He started, his arms crossed. "You and I? Complete strangers. She's got that trident and I got this." The feline tapped his rapier and continued. "We can do this swift and easy. No sympathy whatsoever. We just want to take a look around and be done with it. Surely you can give us the chance?" He said with a half-cocked smirk, his tone aggressively persuasive. He doesn't have any intention to harm the human, but he believes that they may be attracting attention. Their voices are quite loud, and the child just shouted. He needs to get out fast.
Oh, tension and polite yet ominous threats? The speaker wasn't in sight yet, just around this corner, from the sound of it, but she already liked the sound of them. Well, it was a familiar style, at least.

Also, perfect timing for a snarky entrance.

"I think you should listen to him," she said, not even really caring who the parties involved were as she rounded the corner. In the bright halogen light of the sign, she could juuust make out the shape of a slender blade on the hip of the one with real ears. Also, three people, one with real ears, and the other two those weird critters with not enough fur, she was pretty sure, and one of those held a polearm. Probably the previously mentioned trident. Good to know!

"Let's be real, I'm seing a lot of pointies, not on you, and even if you have a superior weapon I don't think they'd be properly scared of firearms anyway. So hey! Up to you, but letting them get what they need seems smart. They're trying to be polite, right? Also, you should try being more co-operative. Ever notice how most sapient species are at least willing to work in groups?" She continued. Seemed snarky enough. She hoped she'd read the situation right. Always embarassing when you make the wrong snarky analysis.
Lisa Adrean Adeptus wrote:
Quote:
OPTIC's sudden inability to respond was caused by power fluctuation. The same ones that herald a greater danger -- a cascade failure. Deciding to keep this to himself yet, it still had time, OPTIC replied in a curt fashion toward Lisa's comments.

"Superficial healing, done well. Once the procedure is finished, I will take over. Begin repair of possible internal damage. Possibility to save retinas without further damage. Moderate."

It paused briefly. before continuing, " Thank you. Do you optical centers require assistance as well?"
Quote:
"We are both visually impaired, yes. I should be able to recover over the next couple days, speaking of which I should stop leaving my pupils dialated, even if that's all that's letting me see right now, but if you wish to tend to her in some manner, please explain your plan of action first," Victi cut in. She did not want to risk a possibly glitchy bot doing something crazy like trying to do surgery with probably-broken equipment. She was lucky Ni had gotten to her in time the last time that had happened.

Lisa is almost finished setting the last broken finger when OPTIC snaps a reply, catching her off-guard. She freezes like a startled fawn until she processes what was said. "Oh, no thank you- I mean - I also believe my eyes will recover with a few days of rest." She carefully puts the splint into place. Then she rearranges the compresses on Masato's arms, planning to remove them after another ten or fifteen minutes. "I will be finished helping your wearer very soon, then yes, you may take over." She has no idea how to take care of whatever internal damage he may have. That kind of healing takes better expertise and equipment. I wish I was home, with my cauldron and medicines. And mother, who'd better know what to do than me.

The VI answered with silence. Broken briefly by a low, reverberating noise, that sounds a little like digital attempt at humming. Typically, OPTIC would be assisting an Alliance Medic or Senior Ships Doctor as their second, running scenarios and charting the best course for diagnoses against the wealth of knowledge supplied to it by its connection to the Extranet's mainframe. Here, in this town, it could do none of this. And for once it's entire operating lifespan, it was bored.

"How did this happen?"

Not one usually for small talk, it found that without a task it couldn't fill the silence with non-nonsensical melodies. It required input, stimuli, a kind of camaraderie, that was absent. Even from these two, though they had injured her bonded.

"How did you two arrive to this place?"

Victi Aurora Silverfur wrote:
Oh, tension and polite yet ominous threats? The speaker wasn't in sight yet, just around this corner, from the sound of it, but she already liked the sound of them. Well, it was a familiar style, at least.

Also, perfect timing for a snarky entrance.

"I think you should listen to him," she said, not even really caring who the parties involved were as she rounded the corner. In the bright halogen light of the sign, she could juuust make out the shape of a slender blade on the hip of the one with real ears. Also, three people, one with real ears, and the other two those weird critters with not enough fur, she was pretty sure, and one of those held a polearm. Probably the previously mentioned trident. Good to know!

"Let's be real, I'm seing a lot of pointies, not on you, and even if you have a superior weapon I don't think they'd be properly scared of firearms anyway. So hey! Up to you, but letting them get what they need seems smart. They're trying to be polite, right? Also, you should try being more co-operative. Ever notice how most sapient species are at least willing to work in groups?" She continued. Seemed snarky enough. She hoped she'd read the situation right. Always embarassing when you make the wrong snarky analysis.

Crap. More of them. The Caracal thought scathingly as his paw slid towards the hilt of his rapier in preparation. His ears are angled towards the resonating footsteps around the corner. A swordfight is the last thing he'd want. Not here. Not now. The fear of being caught by the monster that lurk still gripped his heart. This doesn't feel like an illusion anymore, but he must keep his wits with him. His eyes caught the movement of another creature of Mammalia just from behind the annoying woman. A Vulpis Canidae with unnatural fur color and many tails. The most mystical vixen he has ever seen.

Superior weapon? Firearms? Flaming limbs? Weapons on fire? What? He pondered, imagining what it would be like. At least she seems to be in their side. Bronze admits that he is lucky she came, for she might knock sense on Seo. He crossed his arms once more and asked the delinquent. "So? What say you?"
Lisa Adrean Adeptus (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Quote:
The VI answered with silence. Broken briefly by a low, reverberating noise, that sounds a little like digital attempt at humming. Typically, OPTIC would be assisting an Alliance Medic or Senior Ships Doctor as their second, running scenarios and charting the best course for diagnoses against the wealth of knowledge supplied to it by its connection to the Extranet's mainframe. Here, in this town, it could do none of this. And for once it's entire operating lifespan, it was bored.

"How did this happen?"

Not one usually for small talk, it found that without a task it couldn't fill the silence with non-nonsensical melodies. It required input, stimuli, a kind of camaraderie, that was absent. Even from these two, though they had injured her bonded.

"How did you two arrive to this place?"

Her part of the job complete. Lisa packs away the first aid, putting what can fit into her own bag. She rests her head against the cold wall. The relief of being able to close her sore eyes, even if it can only last a moment, draws a weary sigh.

She answers OPTIC's question from this position. "Don't know. I simply woke up here on the street." She vaguely remembers falling asleep at home, her head resting on the open pages of an old recipe book. And now that she thinks of it, she didn't want to fall asleep then. It felt like something grabbed her and was dragging her into unconsciousness. She shudders. No more of that.

But one morbid idea simply feeds into another more pressing fear.

"When your...uh...bonded awakes, he won't- he'll know the fight is over, right?" She doesn't want another fight, and Masato doesn't strike her as someone she can easily talk down. Chances are also slim that the man will be able to fight, but Lisa tends to focus on the shadowed side of problems. However, she does so with a certain degree of self-awareness. "Sorry, silly question, I know."

After getting over the initial shock of some snow-white beast swinging around the corner to help them "negotiate," Helynah snorts with amusement. Zafnir would be so disappointed with the direction of this conversation.

Helynah leans a little, putting more weight on her left leg as she casually passes her trident from hand to hand. "Our blades are not just for show."
Poor Adam’s mouth was getting dry, as it was left open for a bit. It was obvious they were about to just break down there and then. All of it was so interesting, yet quite... scary. They stepped back nervously as they watched.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus