Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » High School Rising Star (Closed)

Lexi (played by FandomsForDays)

Dylan Harvey Maynards wrote:
What he could ever bring with himself?"I just brought my laptop..and a song editing program, because why not?", he thought as he got up on the bus, he was somewhat sure it wouldn't take long, it's just that busses were a cheap and easy way to get to destinations with great accuracy, "Screw taxi drivers, they figure I am new around here and try to cheat on me. ", thought Dylan to himself, thinking of a time when a taxi driver charged him with 50 bucks for something that cost 15 on the way back.
He dressed in the most nonformal clothes ever, clothes he would surely feel comfortable in.
"Sure it wouldn't be awkward?", there was an anxious voice in his head.

Lexi came upon the house and hesitantly knocked on the door. She nervously fiddled with the strap of her guitar case. It was a faded, soft lavender color, made of leather. She knocked again, just to be sure she was heard and stepped back to admire the surrounding area. It was a nice neighborhood.
Macie Melody Lightfoot (played by MacieLightfoot) Topic Starter

Lexi wrote:
What he could ever bring with himself?"I just brought my laptop..and a song editing program, because why not?", he thought as he got up on the bus, he was somewhat sure it wouldn't take long, it's just that busses were a cheap and easy way to get to destinations with great accuracy, "Screw taxi drivers, they figure I am new around here and try to cheat on me. ", thought Dylan to himself, thinking of a time when a taxi driver charged him with 50 bucks for something that cost 15 on the way back.
He dressed in the most nonformal clothes ever, clothes he would surely feel comfortable in.

Lexi came upon the house and hesitantly knocked on the door. She nervously fiddled with the strap of her guitar case. It was a faded, soft lavender color, made of leather. She knocked again, just to be sure she was heard and stepped back to admire the surrounding area. It was a nice neighborhood.

((It's an apartment))

macie-melody-the-rising-star-lightfoot-29.png
Macie: *Opening the door* Hello there, Lexi.

Pidgetta: *Grins* Nice to see that you made it. We were starting to figure that something might have gone wrong.

Joanna: It's starting to look ugly outside. It's funny as not but an hour ago... it was pretty decent weather.

Macie: Let's get where it's warm. The cold air is rough. Brrr!
Was it only Dylan, or was it getting cold for reals?
"It's the end of summer, can't be hot all the time..", thought Dylan who would have wished if it didn't have to be cold exactly when he thought his thick jacket didn't deserve the carrying, he instead remained with the black, slim one,made out of leather. "If it rains, I think I at least have an umbrella.", he thought to himself as he got off the bus.
He got a text.

"Um... Dylan, can people switch schools during the year?"
It was Tracy.
"If you're trying to be subtle, you are not, sis.", he thought to himself.

"Um... I think so?", he wrote.
"Awesome, asking for a friend, lol."

"Shouldn't you be sleeping?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Timezones, dummy."

"And since when timezones give a ish when I go to sleep?I am a free, independent soul, that can choose when it decides to rest its gentle shoulders on the altar of the nocturne hibernation!"

"You are also a non-conformist teenage girl who loves to sleep, and also to sleep in."

"So what?Yes, I can choose when to sleep in."

"And also where?"

"Yes, also where."

"Also on the airplane?"

No response, he felt bad, but Tracy had been playing games and he's not having it with lies and not telling the whole story.

Dylan had been walking all the time, and slowly made his way up to Macy's door.

"Fancy.", thought Dylan.

He entered.

Macie Melody Lightfoot wrote:
Lexi wrote:

((It's an apartment))

Pidgetta: *Grins* Nice to see that you made it. We were starting to figure that something might have gone wrong.

Joanna: It's starting to look ugly outside. It's funny as not but an hour ago... it was pretty decent weather.

Lexi scurried inside, guitar and bag tight in her hands. She set those on the ground, then dashed back outside to pick her amplifier up off the ground. She ran back in and held it close to her chest.

"Safe." She grinned widely, giving off very friendly vibes. "it's nice to see you all again!"

Lexi wrote:
Lexi wrote:

((It's an apartment))

Lexi scurried inside, guitar and bag tight in her hands. She set those on the ground, then dashed back outside to pick her amplifier up off the ground. She ran back in and held it close to her chest.

"Safe." She grinned widely, giving off very friendly vibes. "it's nice to see you all again!"

Macie: I got some snacks coming and being delivered by a fellow contact that i have. It should be here any time now.

Pidgetta: We at least got some drinks here. Soda. But... till the snacks get here... we don't really have much.

Macie: Pidgetta and I have yet to get to the store and stock up on more groceries.

Pidgetta: It's gonna be a very long day.

Lexi wrote:
Lexi wrote:

((It's an apartment))

Macie: I got some snacks coming and being delivered by a fellow contact that i have. It should be here any time now.

Pidgetta: We at least got some drinks here. Soda. But... till the snacks get here... we don't really have much.

Macie: Pidgetta and I have yet to get to the store and stock up on more groceries.

Pidgetta: It's gonna be a very long day.

"Aw, wow!" Lexi smiled. "You all really put some thought into this! This is so sweet, I'm honored to be here. If there's any way I can help, just let me know!"
Dylan climbed up the stairs,"You sure it won't be awkward?", that thought became really annoying, he had been having it playing again and again ever since he had left the house. Why though?Couldn't he have one day where he just wouldn't worry and go with the flow?There was a silent urge to just head back and call it a day, but he kept climbing, "I've never really thought about this whole moving thing in any other way other than this one, maybe if I change my perspective, then, maybe I can make it more enjoyable.", he thought to himself, although still hesitant, he didn't feel bad about knocking on the door, soundly.

Dylan climbed up the stairs,"You sure it won't be awkward?", that thought became really annoying, he had been having it playing again and again ever since he had left the house. Why though?Couldn't he have one day where he just wouldn't worry and go with the flow?There was a silent urge to just head back and call it a day, but he kept climbing, "I've never really thought about this whole moving thing in any other way other than this one, maybe if I change my perspective, then, maybe I can make it more enjoyable.", he thought to himself, although still hesitant, he didn't feel bad about knocking on the door, soundly.

Lexi jumped up with a soft smile.
"Ah, that must be Dylan!" She raced over and open the door wide.
"Hello!"
It was Lexi, Dylan smiled.
"Hi Lexi.", spoke the Maynard soundly.He looked around and slowly stepped in, putting his jacket somewhere where it wouldn't be a bother. He took off his shoes without letting go of his bag and looked around to see who else was around, but of course he was sure Macie would be here, it's her place, after all.

It was Lexi, Dylan smiled.
"Hi Lexi.", spoke the Maynard soundly.He looked around and slowly stepped in, putting his jacket somewhere where it wouldn't be a bother. He took off his shoes without letting go of his bag and looked around to see who else was around, but of course he was sure Macie would be here, it's her place, after all.

"It's super nice to see you again, c'mon in! Macie says somebody is bringing snacks!~~"
"It's nice to see you too.", he really meant it, it was rare for him to get along with many people right from the first day.
He went in as requested, "Snacks?Oh, that's so nice of her.", he spoke.

"It's nice to see you too.", he really meant it, it was rare for him to get along with many people right from the first day.

It was a moment later...

GG213-00419.jpg

Sookie: *Walking in with a couple large trays of snacks* Hey there, Macie... I brought over the snacks that you asked for. Not sure what everyone's tastes are... But there's some rather delicious goodies here in the trays.

Macie: Hey Sookie. Thank you... for the snacks. You're... a life-saver. It'll help satisfy the guests from school. It's their first time here.

Sookie: It is?

Macie: Yeah. It's gotta be rather pleasant for them.

Sookie: Oh of course. First impressions are everything. Have fun. Be sure to perhaps stop by the Inn later when you can. Might be time to come up with new snacks that are inspired by you.

Macie: Sounds sweet. I'll be sure to find the time... and be there. *Nods*

A Few Minutes later...

Pidgetta: So... We got the drinks. The Snacks. I think we're all set now.

Macie: Lightfoot Gingersnaps and Rising Star Fudgey peanut Butter Cookies. They taste better and better everytime.

Joanna: You are darn right. Mmm!

It was a moment later...

GG213-00419.jpg

Sookie: *Walking in with a couple large trays of snacks* Hey there, Macie... I brought over the snacks that you asked for. Not sure what everyone's tastes are... But there's some rather delicious goodies here in the trays.

Macie: Hey Sookie. Thank you... for the snacks. You're... a life-saver. It'll help satisfy the guests from school. It's their first time here.

Sookie: Oh of course. First impressions are everything. Have fun. Be sure to perhaps stop by the Inn later when you can. Might be time to come up with new snacks that are inspired by you.

A Few Minutes later...

Macie: Lightfoot Gingersnaps and Rising Star Fudgey peanut Butter Cookies. They taste better and better every time.

Lexi smiled at them, grabbing a Lightfoot Gingersnap.

"So, when are you going to start, and what genre are we going to play?" She asked before taking a bite. She then did, and it was really good.

Lexi wrote:

It was a moment later...

GG213-00419.jpg

A Few Minutes later...

Macie: Lightfoot Gingersnaps and Rising Star Fudgey peanut Butter Cookies. They taste better and better every time.

"So, when are you going to start, and what genre are we going to play?" She asked before taking a bite. She then did, and it was really good.

Macie: We'll be starting in a moment. We're gonna try to play Rock and Roll. Hip-hop. I happen to have it written down. *Showing around the Song sheet for one of her songs*

RISING STAR LOVE

Raise the roof up high with love. Rising star Love comes to fly. (Come on over) Blow the roof off the house tonight with love… Lightfoot’s love comes and shines on through. (Shine on through baby) It’s the lightfoot love… The Rising Star love. Raise the roof up high with love. Rising star Love comes to fly. (Come on over) Blow the roof off the house tonight with love… Lightfoot’s love comes and shines on through. (Shine on through baby) Light up my love bright. Make it a Rising Star Love. Raise the roof up high with love. Rising star Love comes to fly. (Come on over) Blow the roof off the house tonight with love… Lightfoot’s love comes and shines on through. (Shine on through baby) Spill it…

*Rapping* Need a lift on love give a holla to Rising star. A light in the night to the weary lover. for a good lightfoot love fix, give your Rising Star a call. hook up the phone from the jack and rack up the digits… it’s 1-800… Rising Star. Give a cup of beauty and a dash of lust. don’t be blue just call the rising Star to lift your heart up. So come on baby and Rising Star up your love.

Raise the roof up high with love. Rising star Love comes to fly. (Come on over) Blow the roof off the house tonight with love… Lightfoot’s love comes and shines on through. (Shine on through baby) It’s the Lightfoot Love… The Rising star. Raise the roof up high with love. Rising star Love comes to fly. (Come on over) Blow the roof off the house tonight with love… Lightfoot’s love comes and shines on through. (Shine on through baby) Light up my love Bright. Make it a Rising Star Love. Raise the roof up high with love. Rising star Love comes to fly. (Come on over) Blow the roof off the house tonight with love… Lightfoot’s love comes and shines on through. (Shine on through baby)

*Rapping* Come on over and have a taste. The Rising star’s got no love to waste. Want a loving fix need that fill. Come dial up that line and dine in with a helping of the Rising Love. She comes from the stars… comes from the sun. A diamond in the rough and a 24kt golden heart. Making love is hard… but with a taste of the Rising Love, your heart will go a flame. For a good lightfoot love fix, give your Rising Star a call. hook up the phone from the jack and rack up the digits… it’s 1-800… Rising Star. Give a cup of beauty and a dash of lust. don’t be blue just call the rising Star to lift your heart up. So come on baby and Rising Star up your love.

Raise the roof up high with love. Rising star Love comes to fly. (Come on over) Blow the roof off the house tonight with love… Lightfoot’s love comes and shines on through. (Shine on through baby) It’s the Lightfoot Love… The Rising star. Raise the roof up high with love. Rising star Love comes to fly. (Come on over) Blow the roof off the house tonight with love… Lightfoot’s love comes and shines on through. (Shine on through baby) Light up my love Bright. Make it a Rising Star Love. Raise the roof up high with love. Rising star Love comes to fly. (Come on over) Blow the roof off the house tonight with love… Lightfoot’s love comes and shines on through. (Shine on through baby)

*Rapping* The Rising star’s coming to your house tonight to rock your world. A love in the fix and rocking to get a fixin’. Give the heart a ring and listen to it chime with a rhyme. It’s lightfoot love and it’s here to steal the show. Got a love problem… call 1-800… Rising star anytime. Give a cup of beauty and a dash of lust. don’t be blue just call the rising Star to lift your heart up. So come on baby and Rising Star up your love.

*Singing one more time* Raise the roof up high with love. Rising star Love comes to fly. (Come on over) Blow the roof off the house tonight with love… Lightfoot’s love comes and shines on through. (Shine on through baby) It’s the Lightfoot Love… The Rising star. Raise the roof up high with love. Rising star Love comes to fly. (Come on over) Blow the roof off the house tonight with love… Lightfoot’s love comes and shines on through. (Shine on through baby) Light up my love Bright. Make it a Rising Star Love. Raise the roof up high with love. Rising star Love comes to fly. (Come on over) Blow the roof off the house tonight with love… Lightfoot’s love comes and shines on through. (Shine on through baby)

Instrumental break…

Macie: Check it out. What do you think?

Lexi wrote:

It was a moment later...

GG213-00419.jpg

A Few Minutes later...

Macie: We'll be starting in a moment. We're gonna try to play Rock and Roll. Hip-hop. I happen to have it written down. *Showing around the Song sheet for one of her songs*

RISING STAR LOVE

Raise the roof up high with love. Rising star Love comes to fly. (Come on over) Blow the roof off the house tonight with love… Lightfoot’s love comes and shines on through. (Shine on through baby) It’s the lightfoot love… The Rising Star love. Raise the roof up high with love. Rising star Love comes to fly. (Come on over) Blow the roof off the house tonight with love… Lightfoot’s love comes and shines on through. (Shine on through baby) Light up my love bright. Make it a Rising Star Love. Raise the roof up high with love. Rising star Love comes to fly. (Come on over) Blow the roof off the house tonight with love… Lightfoot’s love comes and shines on through. (Shine on through baby) Spill it…

*Rapping* Need a lift on love give a holla to Rising star. A light in the night to the weary lover. for a good lightfoot love fix, give your Rising Star a call. hook up the phone from the jack and rack up the digits… it’s 1-800… Rising Star. Give a cup of beauty and a dash of lust. don’t be blue just call the rising Star to lift your heart up. So come on baby and Rising Star up your love.

*Rapping* Come on over and have a taste. The Rising star’s got no love to waste. Want a loving fix need that fill. Come dial up that line and dine in with a helping of the Rising Love. She comes from the stars… comes from the sun. A diamond in the rough and a 24kt golden heart. Making love is hard… but with a taste of the Rising Love, your heart will go a flame. For a good lightfoot love fix, give your Rising Star a call. hook up the phone from the jack and rack up the digits… it’s 1-800… Rising Star. Give a cup of beauty and a dash of lust. don’t be blue just call the rising Star to lift your heart up. So come on baby and Rising Star up your love.

*Rapping* The Rising star’s coming to your house tonight to rock your world. A love in the fix and rocking to get a fixin’. Give the heart a ring and listen to it chime with a rhyme. It’s lightfoot love and it’s here to steal the show. Got a love problem… call 1-800… Rising star anytime. Give a cup of beauty and a dash of lust. don’t be blue just call the rising Star to lift your heart up. So come on baby and Rising Star up your love.

*Singing one more time* Raise the roof up high with love. Rising star Love comes to fly. (Come on over) Blow the roof off the house tonight with love… Lightfoot’s love comes and shines on through. (Shine on through baby) It’s the Lightfoot Love… The Rising star. Raise the roof up high with love. Rising star Love comes to fly. (Come on over) Blow the roof off the house tonight with love… Lightfoot’s love comes and shines on through. (Shine on through baby) Light up my love Bright. Make it a Rising Star Love. Raise the roof up high with love. Rising star Love comes to fly. (Come on over) Blow the roof off the house tonight with love… Lightfoot’s love comes and shines on through. (Shine on through baby)

Instrumental break…

Lexi grinned. "Ah, cool! Hey, do you think I could snag an electric guitar solo on that instrumental break?" She asked excitedly, reaching for another gingersnap. "I think it would sound really good!"

Lexi wrote:
Lexi wrote:

It was a moment later...

GG213-00419.jpg

A Few Minutes later...

RISING STAR LOVE

Instrumental break…

Lexi grinned. "Ah, cool! Hey, do you think I could snag an electric guitar solo on that instrumental break?" She asked excitedly, reaching for another gingersnap. "I think it would sound really good!"

Macie: The song doesn't really call for one. But you know what... We'll have that anyway. I myself am all for experimentation. See what works. Actually... Let's listen to the song and see how it sounds. Hear the rhythm of it first.

Macie then played the CD and played the track. She was gonna have them all listen to the beat. Get them to be accustomed to the groove of the Song.

Macie: The male counterpart in the tune is distinct. The song was originally done by me and the Music making guru that's part of my entourage. He's originally suggested this one. It had a lot of hits and people wanted to hear more of it. *Gasps* I just had a great idea come to me. How would you like to be on my radio show tomorrow? I can get someone to pose as me to go to school and make like me. But i'll be doing my radio show. Would you like to try it?
"Ooh...uh.. Hi,everyone!", it was indeed a bit awkward, but not as awkward as he had suspected. He shily went and grabbed a snack, letting out a peaceful and satisfied "Hmmm..." when he felt its flavour."Whoever made these has angel hands.", he complimented. He peeked to the song, well, he couldn't read the whole thing ,but the fact that he could literally check an artist's work before possible release was an honor alone."Seeing an artist's lyrics before release and also listen to the thing?Checked.Now, Dylan, go to MIT and peek into a professor's notes.", he playfully thought to himself.

"Ooh...uh.. Hi,everyone!", it was indeed a bit awkward, but not as awkward as he had suspected. He shyly went and grabbed a snack, letting out a peaceful and satisfied "Hmmm..." when he felt its flavour."Whoever made these has angel hands.", he complimented. He peeked to the song, well, he couldn't read the whole thing ,but the fact that he could literally check an artist's work before possible release was an honor alone."Seeing an artist's lyrics before release and also listen to the thing?Checked.Now, Dylan, go to MIT and peek into a professor's notes.", he playfully thought to himself.

Lexi gaped.

"A radio show?! Would I ever!~" She grinned, tossing her hair back out of her face in excitement. "That would be incredible, my baby needs a workout." She patted the guitar case soundly.

Lexi wrote:
"Ooh...uh.. Hi,everyone!", it was indeed a bit awkward, but not as awkward as he had suspected. He shyly went and grabbed a snack, letting out a peaceful and satisfied "Hmmm..." when he felt its flavour."Whoever made these has angel hands.", he complimented. He peeked to the song, well, he couldn't read the whole thing ,but the fact that he could literally check an artist's work before possible release was an honor alone."Seeing an artist's lyrics before release and also listen to the thing?Checked.Now, Dylan, go to MIT and peek into a professor's notes.", he playfully thought to himself.

Lexi gaped.

"A radio show?! Would I ever!~" She grinned, tossing her hair back out of her face in excitement. "That would be incredible, my baby needs a workout." She patted the guitar case soundly.

Macie: We can have that done tomorrow. It'll be great. What say we get started on practicing. Or playing. Dylan, You're here... And since you and My husband are the only guys here... Aside from Jessie. You two can try out my song called "Never Say Never." Well my Style of it at least as the originality of it was done by someone named Justin Bieber. My style's different than his. But you two can do that. *Showing the Lyrics*

(Never say never)
(Pick it up this, pick it up)
Yeah, yeah.
Never, never, never, never, never, never.

See I never thought that I could walk through fire
I never thought that I could take the burn
I never had the strength to take it higher
Until I reached the point of no return

And there’s just no turning back
When your heart’s under attack
Gonna give everything I have
It’s my destiny

I will never say never! (I will fight)
I will fight till forever! (make it right)
Whenever you knock me down
I will not stay on the ground
Pick it up
Pick it up
Pick it up
Pick it up up up
And never say never

Ne-never say never (never)
Never say it, never, never say it

I never thought that I could feel this power
I never thought that I could feel this free
I’m strong enough to climb the highest tower
And I’m fast enough to run across the sea

And there’s just no turning back
When your heart’s under attack
Gonna give everything I have
’cause this is my destiny

Pick it up
Pick it up
Pick it up
Pick it up, up, up
And never say never

Here we go!
Guess who?
P.G.H and M.M.L! (Uh-huh!)
I gotcha little sis
I can handle him
Hold up, aight?
I can handle him

Now he’s bigger than me
Taller than me
And he’s older than me
And stronger than me
And his arms a little bit longer than me
But he ain’t on a M.M.L song with me!

I be trying a chill
They be trying to sour the thrill
No pun intended, was raised by the power of Will

Like Luke with the force, when push comes to shove
Like Kobe in the 4th, ice water with blood
Let’s go
I gotta be the best, and yes
We’re the flyest
Like David and Goliath
I conquered the giant
So now I got the world in my hand
I was born from two stars
So the moon’s where I land (I’m gone!)

I will never say never! (never say it, never, never say it) (I will fight)
I will fight till forever! (OK) (make it right)
Pick it up
Pick it up
Pick it up
Pick it up, up, up
And never say never

Pick it up
Pick it up
Pick it up,
Pick it up, up, up
And never say never
Ne-never say never (never say it)
And never say never
Ne-never say never
Ne-never say never
Ne-never say never
And never say never.”

Macie had them look the lyrics over...

Ridge: Are you sure that you'd like for us to do this, Hon?

Macie: Yeah. It'd be great.

Jessie: Couldn't hurt.

Joanna: She's got a point.
"It won't hurt until you'll here my pre-prubescent singing voice.", he thought to himself , silently realising that he didn't quite tell Macie he was completely out of bounds from anything related to art."Okay, but does it really matter?", he thought to himself. Probably not, it was not something official, and he was with ..... friends, after all... "I guess?", he thought to himself.
"Okay, it's worth a shot.", said Dylan after he had read the lyrics. Who was this Justin Bieber?Whatever, it didn't matter.
He was silently dressing his voice, "Okay, just fake it if it's way too ugly.", he thought to himself.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » High School Rising Star (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus