Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » High School Rising Star (Closed)

Lexi (played by FandomsForDays)

Dylan Harvey Maynards wrote:
"It won't hurt until you'll here my pre-prubescent singing voice.", he thought to himself , silently realising that he didn't quite tell Macie he was completely out of bounds from anything related to art."Okay, but does it really matter?", he thought to himself. Probably not, it was not something official, and he was with ..... friends, after all... "I guess?", he thought to himself.
"Okay, it's worth a shot.", said Dylan after he had read the lyrics. Who was this Justin Bieber?Whatever, it didn't matter.
He was silently dressing his voice, "Okay, just fake it if it's way too ugly.", he thought to himself.

Lexi giggled at Dylan's apparent inner turmoil.

"Hey, it'll be great!" She grinned, throwing an arm around his shoulder. "And if ya mess up, we can help you! I know Macie an I have been singing for our whole lives, and I'm pretty sure the other guys know their stuff, too. All you need to do is work on your pitch, your stage presence, and some vocal runs to spice things up! I think this is a good song to start with, anyways."
Macie Melody Lightfoot (played by MacieLightfoot) Topic Starter

Lexi wrote:
"It won't hurt until you'll here my pre-prubescent singing voice.", he thought to himself , silently realising that he didn't quite tell Macie he was completely out of bounds from anything related to art."Okay, but does it really matter?", he thought to himself. Probably not, it was not something official, and he was with ..... friends, after all... "I guess?", he thought to himself.
"Okay, it's worth a shot.", said Dylan after he had read the lyrics. Who was this Justin Bieber?Whatever, it didn't matter.
He was silently dressing his voice, "Okay, just fake it if it's way too ugly.", he thought to himself.

Lexi giggled at Dylan's apparent inner turmoil.

"Hey, it'll be great!" She grinned, throwing an arm around his shoulder. "And if ya mess up, we can help you! I know Macie an I have been singing for our whole lives, and I'm pretty sure the other guys know their stuff, too. All you need to do is work on your pitch, your stage presence, and some vocal runs to spice things up! I think this is a good song to start with, anyways."

Macie: Let's start. First... *Playing the CD track and letting it play* Listen to the tone. The Pitch. Annotation. Precision. Recognize the Melody. You don't have to sing it exactly how it was that i did. You don't. But you do have to follow the song.

Pidgetta: This will be easier than the Rising star Love Track. I would think. We can try it... however... not sure how that will go. *Shrugs*
"Uh... okay...", hearing about strange presence made him even more nervous."I mean, the most public thing I did was last year when I made a presentation about object oriented programming and I had to show it to the whole class, that didn't go well , all was not fine with me for a week.", he thought to himself, even remembering the awkward mistakes he had done that time made his skin crawl.
Dylan eagerly listened, though, he could at least give it one shot and he was willing to do so. He didn't know what to listen to ,but he was trying to remember the beat and whatever else he could notice.

"Uh... okay...", hearing about strange presence made him even more nervous."I mean, the most public thing I did was last year when I made a presentation about object oriented programming and I had to show it to the whole class, that didn't go well , all was not fine with me for a week.", he thought to himself, even remembering the awkward mistakes he had done that time made his skin crawl.
Dylan eagerly listened, though, he could at least give it one shot and he was willing to do so. He didn't know what to listen to ,but he was trying to remember the beat and whatever else he could notice.

Lexi clapped excitedly.

"Ooh, and after we work on stage presence, we need to get you a style! Each performing artist has his or her own personal style that people can look up to, and use themselves!~ Your style is a great way to show off what type of fanbase you're trying to acquire."

Lexi wrote:

Lexi clapped excitedly.

"Ooh, and after we work on stage presence, we need to get you a style! Each performing artist has his or her own personal style that people can look up to, and use themselves!~ Your style is a great way to show off what type of fanbase you're trying to acquire."

Pidgetta: Hold on there, Apple pie. Macie's got a fan base. A Fan Club. In fact... they're on their way now..

Suddenly...

macie-melody-lightfoot-and-her-rising-star-fan-club.png

Brittany: *Knocking on the door*

Gloria: Yo, Homegirl... you home?

Pidgetta: I think we got more company.

Pidgetta then opens the door and in came...

The Fan Club...

the-macie-m-lightfoot-rising-goddess-fan-club-member-gloria-jennings.jpg

Gloria: *Walking over to Macie* Hey Macie... Been looking for you. You're not gonna believe what we just heard on the Radio...

Macie: What?!

the-macie-m-lightfoot-rising-goddess-fan-club-member-holly-cruise.jpg

Holly: The Radio just announced a moment ago that you've been nominated for the #2 American artists of the century and also being Nominated for Most catchy tune of Hip hop and the song that it's tied to... It's "Rising Star Love."

Fan Club: HOORAY!

Crimson: The award ceremony is in a week. But they're calling you out... Putting high regard to your music. There's word that Rapper Eminem and 50 Cent... They're putting in for a vote of who's gonna sing it with you... at the awards ceremony.

Macie: Oh my god... Really?

Rebecca: Yeah. You're the real gem of the night for that night. They're even getting things all in line for you.

Pidgetta: Macie... What about your two daughters Lisa and Nicole? Who're they gonna stay with for that night?

Macie: I guess that my father Frank could look after them. He did say that he wouldn't mind looking out for them every now and then. Whenever it was needed.

Joanna: Good.

Jessie: *Nods* Let's get the playing in line. Time to play?
"Oh wow, for how exclusive of a star she is, her fan camp thing is really not so exclusive, that's nice..", he thought to himself. Dylan was well ever about what Lexi said, however he was still understandbly afraid.

"Well, I guess we can try..."

"Oh wow, for how exclusive of a star she is, her fan camp thing is really not so exclusive, that's nice..", he thought to himself. Dylan was well ever about what Lexi said, however he was still understandbly afraid.

"Well, I guess we can try..."

Macie: *Pressing the button for play* Ridge... You're gonna do my part... Dylan, you'll be doing Pidgetta's parts.

(Never say never)
(Pick it up this, pick it up)
Yeah, yeah.
Never, never, never, never, never, never.

See I never thought that I could walk through fire
I never thought that I could take the burn
I never had the strength to take it higher
Until I reached the point of no return

And there’s just no turning back
When your heart’s under attack
Gonna give everything I have
It’s my destiny

I will never say never! (I will fight)
I will fight till forever! (make it right)
Whenever you knock me down
I will not stay on the ground
Pick it up
Pick it up
Pick it up
Pick it up up up
And never say never

Ne-never say never (never)
Never say it, never, never say it

I never thought that I could feel this power
I never thought that I could feel this free
I’m strong enough to climb the highest tower
And I’m fast enough to run across the sea

And there’s just no turning back
When your heart’s under attack
Gonna give everything I have
’cause this is my destiny

Pick it up
Pick it up
Pick it up
Pick it up, up, up
And never say never

Here we go!
Guess who?
P.G.H and M.M.L! (Uh-huh!)
I gotcha little sis
I can handle him
Hold up, aight?
I can handle him

Now he’s bigger than me
Taller than me
And he’s older than me
And stronger than me
And his arms a little bit longer than me
But he ain’t on a M.M.L song with me!

I be trying a chill
They be trying to sour the thrill
No pun intended, was raised by the power of Will

Like Luke with the force, when push comes to shove
Like Kobe in the 4th, ice water with blood
Let’s go
I gotta be the best, and yes
We’re the flyest
Like David and Goliath
I conquered the giant
So now I got the world in my hand
I was born from two stars
So the moon’s where I land (I’m gone!)

I will never say never! (never say it, never, never say it) (I will fight)
I will fight till forever! (OK) (make it right)
Pick it up
Pick it up
Pick it up
Pick it up, up, up
And never say never

Pick it up
Pick it up
Pick it up,
Pick it up, up, up
And never say never
Ne-never say never (never say it)
And never say never
Ne-never say never
Ne-never say never
Ne-never say never
And never say never.”

Macie: The lyrics... The Chorus where it says "I will never say never" That's where you two sing N'sync. Then where it says "Here we go!
Guess who?
I gotcha little sis
I can handle him
Hold up, aight?
I can handle him

Now he’s bigger than me
Taller than me
And he’s older than me
And stronger than me

I be trying a chill

Like Luke with the force, when push comes to shove
Let’s go
We’re the flyest
Like David and Goliath
I conquered the giant
So the moon’s where I land (I’m gone!)" Ridge starts and then Dylan. And yes... you are posing for this song as me and Pidgetta. But it's gonna be okay. Just follow the beat. Okay?

Joanna: This is gonna be good.

Crimson: You guys can do it.

Rebecca: Let's hear it for Mr. Lightfoot and the dreamy looking hunk. WOOOO!

Delilah: Do it! Do it to it!

Lexi smiled at all of this from afar. She didn't want to but in. She was excited still and began to carefully take her flashy, purple electric guitar out of its case.

Lexi wrote:
Lexi smiled at all of this from afar. She didn't want to but in. She was excited still and began to carefully take her flashy, purple electric guitar out of its case.

Macie then started the music and That was when they got to doing the #.

Lacey: This is really cool. I can't believe that we're gonna be watching this. Amazing.

Sandy: Macie's husband can still sing like a songbird. So... this. This'll be very interesting. *Smiles while grinning*
Dylan began to sing, making sure to get the lyrics right at least. He was quite determined to get at least the lyrics and the keys right.He sometimes couldn't hit the right notes, "Either because of my voice or the fact that I sing like once in a million years..", he thought to himself.
"...never say it...", he really liked the lyrics and how the song was in general, he could really feel what was on about and he could even relate to it ,at least he could say that he was able to value the art put into it."I'm gone", the tried harder at his longer parts, straightening his back and really getting his voice turned up, however he tried not to fake it.
((You know, with superheroes being a thing around here, I got an idea where I make Dylan turn out to be a technomancer. So, even if you don't agree with me making him one, and that'd be totally fine, I will make that a potential idea for another roleplay))

((You know, with superheroes being a thing around here, I got an idea where I make Dylan turn out to be a technomancer. So, even if you don't agree with me making him one, and that'd be totally fine, I will make that a potential idea for another roleplay))

((you can maybe touch a little into it. I wouldn't mind. Although i'm trying to steer from the post Superhero days. where the heroes of the recent... are down and living a normal casual life in some array. However... touching a little bit into that... would be okay. So... we'll see where it goes from there.))
Randy Darnell (played by MacieLightfoot) Topic Starter

Dylan began to sing, making sure to get the lyrics right at least. He was quite determined to get at least the lyrics and the keys right.He sometimes couldn't hit the right notes, "Either because of my voice or the fact that I sing like once in a million years..", he thought to himself.
"...never say it...", he really liked the lyrics and how the song was in general, he could really feel what was on about and he could even relate to it ,at least he could say that he was able to value the art put into it."I'm gone", the tried harder at his longer parts, straightening his back and really getting his voice turned up, however he tried not to fake it.

Macie: *Cue-ing in Dylan by hand gesture* ... *Nods*

Ridge: *Looking at Dylan* Here we go!
*Pointing in rhyme to Dylan* Guess who? ((Remember Dylan and Ridge do this))
I gotcha little sis
I can handle him
Hold up, aight?
I can handle him

((Dylan's part)) Now he’s bigger than me
Taller than me
And he’s older than me
And stronger than me

((Dylan and Ridge)) I be trying a chill

((Both together)) Like Luke with the force, when push comes to shove
Let’s go
We’re the flyest
Like David and Goliath
I conquered the giant
So the moon’s where I land (I’m gone!)

It now was time for them to jam side by side...

Lexi thought they were doing great. She tapped her foot to the beat as she slung her guitar strap around her shoulder and began to look for an outlet to plug in her amplifier.

Lexi wrote:
Lexi thought they were doing great. She tapped her foot to the beat as she slung her guitar strap around her shoulder and began to look for an outlet to plug in her amplifier.

The girls were all watching...
((I am so sorry, college got a bit out of hand ..))
"Now he's bigger than me..
Taller than me...
And stronger than me
But he ain’t on a M.M.L song with me!", he at least tried to look like he was singing with confidence, even if he was most probably singing like trash, sometimes he felt like he didn't hit the right keys.

((I am so sorry, college got a bit out of hand ..))
"Now he's bigger than me..
Taller than me...
And stronger than me
But he ain’t on a M.M.L song with me!", he at least tried to look like he was singing with confidence, even if he was most probably singing like trash, sometimes he felt like he didn't hit the right keys.

((It's okay. Life happens. Whether we ask it to... or not. It's okay. ))

Now it was together.... It was as if they were to echo one another...

"((Dylan and Ridge)) I be trying a chill

((Both together)) Like Luke with the force, when push comes to shove
Let’s go
We’re the flyest
Like David and Goliath
I conquered the giant
So the moon’s where I land (I’m gone!)"

((Where did everyone go?))

((Ah, so sorry!~ I'm in an upcoming show and when I came back, my feed showed me no activity on this.... :( ))

Lexi cheered, smiling at Dylan. She was proud, he seemed to be coming out of his shell quite nicely.

Lexi wrote:
((Ah, so sorry!~ I'm in an upcoming show and when I came back, my feed showed me no activity on this.... :( ))

Lexi cheered, smiling at Dylan. She was proud, he seemed to be coming out of his shell quite nicely.

After the song...

There was still one song left to practice. Or do...

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » High School Rising Star (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus