Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » High School Rising Star (Closed)

Macie Melody Lightfoot (played by MacieLightfoot) Topic Starter

Natasha romanoff wrote:
I waved to them as I walked to drama . Odd they didn’t even know I existed, typical. I looked at them as I passed.

Pidgetta looked to see the redhead close by...

Pidgetta: Hey you... Red head... Where you off to? Class?

Jessie: You a new school attendee? *Grins*
Lexi (played by FandomsForDays)

Dylan Harvey Maynards wrote:
Lexi wrote:
Lexi skipped into her class, seeing Dylan in the back.

"Oh, hey, I guess it was the same." She smiles, selecting a seat beside him. "My next class is art, though, and you don't seem like that kind of guy." She chuckled.

"Oh hell yes, I'm not, I have no talents in art, I can't sing either, so I had to take drama and poetry instead. Poetry,can you imagine?", he put the rethoric question as he chuckled. He considered that poetry is one of those classes people generally agree upon that it's just... lame.

"Yeah, I don't like poetry too much, but acting is fun!~ I'm better at music though..." She smiled. "You seem eager to get started with the computers. Me too!"
"Of course I am, it's one of my hobbies, low-key, I guess.", he said, "low-key" was an understatement, he enjoyed coding and it was pretty much the only thing that carried over whenever he was switching schools, but that's only one of the many reasons why he loves it.
"I hope it won't be a big deal, the other time I took poetry I had a really pretentious teacher."

"Of course I am, it's one of my hobbies, low-key, I guess.", he said, "low-key" was an understatement, he enjoyed coding and it was pretty much the only thing that carried over whenever he was switching schools, but that's only one of the many reasons why he loves it.
"I hope it won't be a big deal, the other time I took poetry I had a really pretentious teacher."

"Yeah, poetry people can be a little... over the top, I get it. I'm glad I'm not taking that class, no offense!~" She laughed. "Hey, I was going to go play with Macie after school, wanna join us?" She asked. "I'd love if you came, too."

It was a minute later that they saw where the girl was nowhere in sight. Strange how people can just come and go just like that... all from a blink of an eye. Macie, Jessie, Joanna, Ridge and Pidgetta... Made way over to Math class and they barely got inside the classroom when...

Janet: Morning class. I'm Mrs Jackson. Your Math teacher. I first before getting started with the class... Looks like we even have a famous celebrity here too... *Waving to Macie* Hey Rising Star. Nice to see you here in class. *seeing the class cheer like mad* Class... Class... Please. Settle down. Please. This is her class too. She's here to get an education. So are you... Please take your seats.

It was only a minute or two later...

Janet then got to her books and started the lesson. She talked about Algebra and doing statistics. Pie Charts. Showing exactly how one was done.

Janet: *looking at the class as she was also giving the lecture* Remember that equation for Pie? 3.14 That's the fundamental start of Pie. Like for example... Let's say that you bought more than only one copy of Rising Star's Album. You'd put that # Divided by Pie and the Diameter would be the answer to that. So... let's say that you bought 9 copies... You'd put the Price of what you paid of the CD Divided by Pie which is 3.14... Then equal it to the answer.

Once the lesson was given...

Macie: *To Joanna* That girl we met... She's a player of the Electric guitar. What do you think about her sticking with us this afternoon to play?

Joanna: Sure. If she's good at it and there are skills in it. I'd think that she be well expected to play with you and jam on that guitar while you sing.

Macie: We'll see on having her join us this afternoon at the apartments. I can do that rendition of Bloom. And on the side she could play. I am gonna have her listen to the tune. So she'll be atuned to it. It'll be great.

Jessie: You got my vote. You have it no questions asked at all.
"Oh... o'course.",Dylan said, he didn't have anything to do after classes anyway, and he wasn't sure wheter his mom was home or not, but either way Dylan didn't want to spend that particular day with her, considering she might be uncomfotably mopey.He was unsure whatever he'd be doing there, but whatever.

((You do the lesson or I do the lesson?))

"Oh... o'course.",Dylan said, he didn't have anything to do after classes anyway, and he wasn't sure wheter his mom was home or not, but either way Dylan didn't want to spend that particular day with her, considering she might be uncomfotably mopey.He was unsure whatever he'd be doing there, but whatever.

((You do the lesson or I do the lesson?))

((I'm not very good at playing teacher, lol, so you might have to. If there's ever another one, I'll take it next time.))

Lexi grinned a wide, beaming smile.

"Sounds great! We're already a team, the three of us! You can't leave us now!~"
"Yipee.", although that was remained to be seen.

The teacher entered, dressed up in a simple bottom shirt and carrying a tablet in his right hand,"Wheter you are acquainted with programming or not, it doesn't matter, at least not this semester,although, I assume you must know some of programming, consdering this is an AP class.",.He looked around, as if he was trying to memorize the faces of his students, and said with a smile on his face, "Hello, I am Mr.Thompson and I am going to be your computer science teacher for this term.We are going to do web programming in the first semester, and data structures and algorithms in the second.Regarding my previous observartion : I made it because the requiements for computer science differ from school to school, so I am trying not to make your days way hard, but in return I will take full advantage out of your 4-class-per-week schedule,which allows me to make you have a personal website by the end of this semester, I mean until mind-term, the grade you'll receive on it will affect your final one.Quizzes will be a rare thing in the first one, but I'll expect you to send me some mini-projects, you'll see.In the second one, we'll learn about data structures, algorithms in a language I still yet have to choose, and you'll have to have your own portfolio of coding challenges.I'll also give you opportunities for extra credit.However, I don't want to be so stressful in the first lesson, so let's leave aside these details, I collected your emails from the registrary and I added you to an online group,just accept the invitation, you can ask me questions and also see your grades, and read about whatever. If there's somebody I forgot to add, please
tell me without delay... So... let's begin..."

The teacher began explaining how the internet works, and how a webpage works, he began speaking about HTML, and about its newest version,HTML50, and a few tags in HTML, also pointed the students to some useful resources when learning anything related to web programming, and taught them that it's not a shame to look something up, just make sure you understand how it works.

"So, for your first assignment, I want you to resume everything we've talked about in this class in a simple html file, format it to your liking, you may not complicate yourself with more than what we've learned until now, however, I won't discourage you if you want to explore.Send me your work over on that fancy group, the assignment is due on friday.Late assignments by a few days will drop a letter, and assignments late by a week will rated with D-. I will suggest make-up assignments if you forget, but it better be good!"

"Any questions?"
((If you want to ask him anything or something, or if not you can just ignore this last question))

Lexi raised a slender arm.

"Yes, sir, I was wondering how far we'd get in this class? I come from another school, and it got quite confusing the first year..." She trailed off, hoping that she didn't sound dumb. But, she reminded herself she was here for a reason. AP spoke for itself.
"Well, we'll do a bit of everything involved with web programming, but we won't do anything hyper-complicated, and we won't skip anything, the same thing is to be spoken about the algorithm part. AP basically means that we'll only cover more ground, but I'll consider this as your first ever programming thing.", explained the teacher."What's your name?", the teacher asked. "I should have made you all present yourselves, silly me!", bubbled the teacher.

Lexi brightened.

"I'm Lexi!~" She said, tapping the desk with her fingers. Almost like a drum. She decided she was gonna like this class. It would be good for her. The teacher seemed nice, and the students seemed even better.
Dylan was E C S T A T I C, "Web programming is my favorite thing!I can't wait to learn everything.", he thought to himself, he was well aquainted with the matter, however the teacher was able to present it from a viewpoint which was new for Dylan, and that made him be really interested.He was wondering wheter they'll tap into databases, that would be nice.

"Also, do not forget about the coding club, I mean the computers one, yes. We do lots of interesting stuff, and you all could learn a thing or two, we have regular meetings on each thursday, after lunch.", he presented. "It has a .... bit more unstructured feel to learning , but do not feel overwhelmed, you will feel how it is to work on a project, and.. speaking about projects, we do projects regarding the school or whatever we can put our hands on, even if it means tutoring younger lads, or designing things for the school, or looking at virused computers around the labs, or hacking our way into the principal's cringy Kingdom Hearts fanfiction ... ignore the last thing I said.We chose thursday so you can attend other things as well, considering thursday is conviniently a day on which other clubs don't have activities, I mean, usually, at least.There's no admission criteria, the only thing that you must do is attend a form of computer science, which you all do,AP on top of that."

"Well, that's all for today, ooooh, I almost forgot, I know it might not really apply for this assignment, because you'll mostly write about the same thing ,but plagiarism is not nice, I am talking about the content, not the code, and assignments with eye-batting plagiarism will be graded with a F-. Try to personalize your projects, in a way."

As for Macie, Jessie, Joanna, Ridge and Pidgetta...

They were handling their math assignment. The teacher... Mrs. Jackson went over to each person... to each student to see how they were doing. She soon came upon Macie and Ridge who were holding hands.

Janet: How're you two holding up?

Macie: We're doing okay. Some of the Pie chart building is a little complex. I'm having trouble with the circle drawing. The rest is fine. It's the pie drawing that isn't going so good.

Ridge: But i am helping her out. I've done some pie charts for a couple years before she and first met and all. I'm pretty good. So i'm showing how to get it going.

Janet: Very good. That's very nice of you, Mr. Lightfoot. Very kind too. Macie's got a very sweet caring and helpful husband. You guys keep up the good work and if you need any help... or something is stumping you. Just call out and i'll help lead you out from the problem. Okay?

Macie: Okay. Thank you so very much Mrs. Jackson. We truly appreciate the help. *Smiles*
Jessie Killgallen (played by MacieLightfoot) Topic Starter

Macie Melody Lightfoot wrote:
As for Macie, Jessie, Joanna, Ridge and Pidgetta...

They were handling their math assignment. The teacher... Mrs. Jackson went over to each person... to each student to see how they were doing. She soon came upon Macie and Ridge who were holding hands.

Janet: How're you two holding up?

Macie: We're doing okay. Some of the Pie chart building is a little complex. I'm having trouble with the circle drawing. The rest is fine. It's the pie drawing that isn't going so good.

Ridge: But i am helping her out. I've done some pie charts for a couple years before she and first met and all. I'm pretty good. So i'm showing how to get it going.

Janet: Very good. That's very nice of you, Mr. Lightfoot. Very kind too. Macie's got a very sweet caring and helpful husband. You guys keep up the good work and if you need any help... or something is stumping you. Just call out and i'll help lead you out from the problem. Okay?

Macie: Okay. Thank you so very much Mrs. Jackson. We truly appreciate the help. *Smiles*

As soon as the 2nd period was over and the bell rang to chime its end...
Dylan slowly started gathering his stuff and putting them in his bag,"That might have been the most consistent computer science class like... since forever.", he said, none of the schools he had attended before had a computer science curriculum as strong as this one, in a way, at least.

Lexi grabbed her stuff and glanced around.

"Well, off to art now!" She sang, skipping away. "I wonder if I'll make friends in art, or if anyone Macie talked about will be in it..." She trailed off, hoping they would be nice.

She entered the classroom, feeling a little foolish.
Jessie Killgallen (played by MacieLightfoot) Topic Starter

Lexi wrote:
Lexi grabbed her stuff and glanced around.

"Well, off to art now!" She sang, skipping away. "I wonder if I'll make friends in art, or if anyone Macie talked about will be in it..." She trailed off, hoping they would be nice.

She entered the classroom, feeling a little foolish.

It was a minute later when a tall teen girl came into the room and smiled...

pyong-chang-lucy-lightfoot-10.jpg

???: Yeobeseyo. i misul sueob-ingayo? (Is this Art Class?)
"Have fun, Lexi.I guess we could meet at lunch.", he said, thinking of what class he might have next.He found out it was pre-calculus, and rushed to the room where it was held, "I guess I don't need much to make myself a friend group, joy.", he thought on his way to pre-calculus.
He sat somewhat in the middle of the whole thing, wasting no time and taking out his notebook, "This is ought to be hard, this is a school for whiz kids after all..", he thought to himself.
((You can continue your thing, I will just post in sometimes to notify you all about the class))

Lexi looked up at the girl, confused.

"A-ah...Mianhae, naneun hangug-eoleul moshae." (I'm sorry, I don't speak Korean.) Lexi tried to say, speaking some of the only Korean she knew.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » High School Rising Star (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus