Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » High School Rising Star (Closed)

"Hmmm..computer science,cool.",there was a genuine,but hidden smile on his face."In which lab?",Dylan asked Lexi, he was wondering how powerful the computers were,they must be really high tech considering the school's status and all.
"Oh..me?Let me take a look..",said Dylan,searching in his bag for his schedule."Hmm..I think we might have history and english together",said Dylan reading his schedule.History,English,Precalculus and AP Computer science.
Lexi (played by FandomsForDays)

"Ah, not sure..." Lexi frowned. Then brightened. "But I can't wait to get my hands on those motherboards, all the updates must be so flawless!" She bounced with excitement.
Macie Melody Lightfoot (played by MacieLightfoot) Topic Starter

Dylan Harvey Maynards wrote:
"Hmmm..computer science,cool.",there was a genuine,but hidden smile on his face."In which lab?",Dylan asked Lexi, he was wondering how powerful the computers were,they must be really high tech considering the school's status and all.
"Oh..me?Let me take a look..",said Dylan,searching in his bag for his schedule."Hmm..I think we might have history and english together",said Dylan reading his schedule.History,English,Precalculus and AP Computer science.

Macie: *Looking at Lexi* Let's meet later. I would love to listen to your guitar playing. I would just love to see what you have.

Macie wanted to stay but she saw the time and realized that she'd have to hit for class so she took her leave and ensured that before she left... that she had her locker fixed up again and things back in order. She took off to her first period with her husband.
"So... english it is?", asked Dylan, looking at the time on his phone.He had been calm, in fact,unusally calm, unbestowned even to him, switching schools had been such a chore that he himself had no reaction over it."So... room C300...okay... I guess...", he looked at his schedule."Hopefully the teacher is okay, didn't have a nice experience with english teachers.. I mean, at least with a few of them.", he thought.

(I think it'd be best for the plot if our characters had at least SOME classes together, lol)

"Yes, we totally need to hang out sometime! I'd love to play for you!" She spoke as the rooted through her bag, before grinning in triumph.

"AHA!" She pulled out her class sheet. "Found it!" She laughed.

"Hey, it turns out I have English, too! Then its my coding class." Lexi placed her bag over her shoulder, before offering Dylan a small, toned down smile. She knew she could be a bit much sometimes. "Wanna walk together?"
((Yeah, sorry about that))
"Hearing other people play sounds like fun, I guess...", said Dylan, it was not like he was used to listen to people play so that'd be a new thing for him. He looked at Lexi as she searched through her bag, "So energetic..", he thought to himself,as she said that they will have english together,"Oh, that's great, and sure, why not?", Dylan literally had no reason why not to walk with Lexi.
He put his schedule in his bag and began walking slowly.

((Yeah, sorry about that))
"Hearing other people play sounds like fun, I guess...", said Dylan, it was not like he was used to listen to people play so that'd be a new thing for him. He looked at Lexi as she searched through her bag, "So energetic..", he thought to himself,as she said that they will have english together,"Oh, that's great, and sure, why not?", Dylan literally had no reason why not to walk with Lexi.
He put his schedule in his bag and began walking slowly.

In History class...

Macie grabbed a seat in front next to her husband and sat as she waited for the teacher to arrive. Turned out...

cm116-001509.jpg

Samuel: *Walking over to the board from his desk*... Morning class. I'm your teacher... Mr. Eastmoon. Welcome to History class. U.S. History. *Standing in front of the chalkboard* I'm gonna be asking each of you what know about your U.S. history one at a time. You won't be graded for this. As it's just an exercise to see the extent of your Knowledge of the U.S History. But first... i want to express my gratitude to Ms. Holmes. Standing up to a troublemaker isn't the most cleanest path. Sometimes a fight will break. But it's what you did that kept integrity and honor to this room. *Looking at the class* Let's begin with telling each other our names to get better acquainted. Seeing that there are a bunch of new students in this class this semester. But also a couple of returning students. Two being Mr. Rogers and Mr. White. Let's start with the far row and work our way over. *Spotting Donald with his head down* ... *Pointing to Donald* Mr. Nichols... Please sit up. This is not a hangout hut. This is room where learning is to be had. But now since you are with your head down or the first to back away from speaking... You're up first. You're lucky that it isn't graded this time... but you are to participate in this class. If you were teaching... would you like it... if i were the one putting my head down on the desk while you were talking? It would hurt like burn.

A Minute later...

cm116-000713.jpg
Samuel: *Nods* Welcome to the class. Just so you are aware... I go by the old Apache ways. I believe that respect is earned and worked for. Being serious in wanting to learn. Having patience in self to learn skill. You are like a young brave. Wanting to be seen as a man. But are seen as one who's not learned the skills and ways of the land. This class is about U.S. History. But there's a lot of Indian history to discuss. *looking at the next student* ... *Nods*

Asia: *Standing up* Hey there... I'm Asia. Asia White... you can call me Asia or Whitey... either is just as fine. I'm just a student here who looks to learn about the History. Knowing about the past and what it was like back then... intrigues me.

Jessie: *Standing up* Hey there... I'm Jessie Rogers. I'm a ballet dancer and proud of it. I am also a good friend to a famous person. I respect that very much as this good friend means alot. not just to me... but to so many people.

Pidgetta: *Standing up* I'm Pidgetta Holmes. But also Pidgetta Lightfoot on count of by bloodline and by relation to someone famous. I'm also a very crafty person. I am innovative and determined. Never giving up so easily.

Samuel: Very good. And as you already know. I'm your teacher. Samuel Eastmoon. I'm an Apache by blood. Going by the old ways but values that actually mean something. Respect, Honor, Bravery. compassion and sincerity. I teach classes in the summer at the Indian reservation up north. But when teaching here... I am formal and very direct. I treat each person with the respect that they are entitled to.

Macie: So... What of the U.S history are we learning about?

The teacher then smiles and grins...

Samuel: I was actually wondering when you were gonna ask a question like that, Mrs. Lightfoot. I was hoping that you'd even ask a more direct question. But... It's good. Showing that you're participating. We're gonna be learning about Apache indians. They're a vital part of the U.S history. One of the known tribes of indians that were the first people on U.S Soil. But that will come momentarily. What we're doing today is a discussion.... But also a recap. What we're gonna do is that when a name is called. the person shall recite what they know about their U.S History.

Ridge: What do you know about Shamans? What are the things that they happen to do?

Samuel: That's a good question. One that i shall get into after we all recite what it is that we know of our U.S History. But what i can tell you is that apache shaman... is one who's construed as a healer. The one who was famous in being a known Healer... was the mighty Apache... Geronimo. Did you know that His lifelong hatred for Mexican soldiers stemmed at least in part from a March 1851 attack near Janos, Mexico, in which soldiers killed his family? It was said that his hatred for them was so great that he sought out revenge. To avenge his fallen family. In the years that followed, he raided in the Mexican provinces and in the American Southwest (New Mexico and Arizona territories). He became best known in the United States in the 1880s for his breakouts from the reservation and his knack for eluding the Army. After his surrender to Brig. Gen. Nelson Miles in September 1886, which ended the Army’s extensive Geronimo campaign, he remained in the national spotlight as a photogenic prisoner of war in Florida, Alabama and Oklahoma Territory. But while Geronimo remains a familiar figure today as a warrior and prisoner of war, little remembered is his lifelong reliance on supernatural power, with which he claimed to have healed himself and others. Indeed, Geronimo’s people regarded him as not only a strong war leader but also an accomplished medicine man, or shaman. Because of his unfettered skill. He knew of the ways of healing his own self and others who came to be in need. He was seen as a shaman. A Mighty warrior of the Apache tribe. Now for the Apache... They were known to a group of people called the Pueblos as Apachu... Meaning: The Enemy.

Samuel: *Pointing to Pidgetta* What do you know about your U.S History?

Pidgetta: That's a cinch. This country fought for its independence from the British on July 4th 1776. It was a war lead by Gen. George Washington. The Declaration of Independence was signed in iron pen and by 55 men.

Samuel: Very good. That'd be something to remember for Advanced U.S History. But it's... a very very good answer. You are right, Pidgetta. our country was won and made free... thereby giving ceremonial birth to this country on that day. July 4th 1776. That was the start of the History of this great nation. *Pointing to Jessie* Mr. Rogers... What do you know about your U.S History?

Jessie: What i know about our U.S History is that we were dragged into WWII on Dec. 7th 1941. When we were attacked at Pearl Harbor by the Military forces of the Empire of Japan. Dec. 8th... Our President Franklin D. Roosevelt made a speech to Congress insisting that they declared a state of war.

Samuel: That's correct. It was at 7:55 AM. In the Early Morning Mist. when the Japanese had dropped the first bomb starting the attack on Pearl. Over 3000 American lives were lost that day.

The Teacher asked each person what they knew about their U.S History. But when he asked Macie... She gave off what she knew about the Civil war. Mentioning about Col. Custard and the last stand. It was very informative. The teacher could get enough of hearing what she had to say. He had her go on and give out where that point in history lead to. What came from that period in time of U.S History. Minutes later...

Mr. Eastmoon: Very impressive. Mrs. Lightfoot. Very... very impressive. You were to learn all that while touring?

Macie: Yeah. I did. While on Tour... i was making sure that i had some time where possible to do my studies. I made it no secret to my agent, Publicist, Advisor and Manager that i was a high school student and that even though i was to do this tour and all... being seen places and appear on famous shows and all... the studies had to come first. I couldn't just let that go to waste.

Mr. Eastmoon: That's very wise and truly responsible of you. Catching on your studies is always important.

Lexi scurried to catch up with him before falling beside him in a leisure pace.

"So..." She trailed off. "Are you new here, too?"
Lexi wrote:
Lexi scurried to catch up with him before falling beside him in a leisure pace.

"So..." She trailed off. "Are you new here, too?"
"Brand new,out of the box,again,I just enrolled here yesterday.",he chuckled,looking for the room where they needed to be,he tried for the first time to laugh at it,he got himself a bit surprised,laughing at changing schools every year is a hard thing to do, esspecially if you are bitter about it.He looked at Lexi,"People here are sure preppy.",whispered Dylan looking around.

The Class went on and they got into the lecture of the day. It was interesting and very expressive. Multiple people asked questions and each question asked... the teacher answered just as well as it was asked. Macie was participating and she was getting into it. Taking notes and listening to what was being said. Her husband was also paying attention and taking notes. Asking questions. Asking questions on the topic. Making certain that they were good answers.

But once class was done and the bell rang concluding first period...

Lexi nodded her head furiously.

"I know, right? They all seem to be super rich!" She smoothed her skirt. "I feel underdressed. I mean, whats an electric guitarist supposed to do at a preppy school?"

Lexi nodded furiously.

"I know, I feel so out of place and underdressed." She smoothed her skirt unintentionally. "These people seem to have a lot of money."
"Me too, this cost a fortune and I hate it with a passion, I never was the type of guy to dress like this.", Dylan said, it's not like he hadn't wore uniforms before,but none of them were so pretentious than the one he was wearing at the momment, the only idea he had."Nah, don't fret on it, we can wear whatever the heck we want, I just dressed like this because it's the first day of school, tomorrow I plan on bringing my old style back. I can't bear with this buttom shirt....Well, I guess... less formal stuff and more like... rock girl set-up?", the rethorical question might have been an ignorant one.
"So... here's english...come, ladies first, I guess..", said Dylan who opened the door.
Jessie Levinson (played by MacieLightfoot) Topic Starter

"Me too, this cost a fortune and I hate it with a passion, I never was the type of guy to dress like this.", Dylan said, it's not like he hadn't wore uniforms before,but none of them were so pretentious than the one he was wearing at the momment, the only idea he had."Nah, don't fret on it, we can wear whatever the heck we want, I just dressed like this because it's the first day of school, tomorrow I plan on bringing my old style back. I can't bear with this buttom shirt....Well, I guess... less formal stuff and more like... rock girl set-up?", the rethorical question might have been an ignorant one.
"So... here's english...come, ladies first, I guess..", said Dylan who opened the door.

Of course that was for 4. Macie, Ridge, Pidgetta and Joanna. But as for a 17 year old girl named Starflower. She was in the English class for first period and for her... she was pretty quiet most of the time. She saw as a couple came into the room and smiled.

starflower-margarie-lightfoot-9.jpg

Starflower: Hey guys. Nice morning... isn't it?

Lexi groaned. "Oh, don't get me started. This oxford is so... stiff! I wanna wear pants again..." She grumbled, tugging the skirt down lower. "HOW can these girls wear these things, at least make them, like, 4 inches longer..." She saw Starflower.

"Oh, hello! Yes, the morning is in great shape!" She grinned, trying to be warm and friendly. She had no desire to make any enemies in this school at all, even though she may be moving again in the next year or so.

Lexi wrote:
Lexi groaned. "Oh, don't get me started. This oxford is so... stiff! I wanna wear pants again..." She grumbled, tugging the skirt down lower. "HOW can these girls wear these things, at least make them, like, 4 inches longer..." She saw Starflower.

"Oh, hello! Yes, the morning is in great shape!" She grinned, trying to be warm and friendly. She had no desire to make any enemies in this school at all, even though she may be moving again in the next year or so.

starflower-margarie-lightfoot-8.jpg

Starflower: English class is gonna be so much fun. Our teacher's said to be a famous celebrity. Someone pretty amazing.

Suddenly...

blossom-rhapsody-92.jpg

Blossom: *Walking in with a book and a suit case* Morning, My fine pupils of the room. How is everyone this swell morning?
"I can understand why short skirts might be a problem.",said Dylan who tried to hide a mild awkardness.
"Yeah..can't argue with that..",said Dylan looking at the girl, with a calm expression on his face,he was raging inside of himself,though,thinking that the hardest days of schools were the first and the last,the former for obvious reasons,the latter because ...reasons.
"A celebrity?...Wait..is she the teacher?",said Dylan on a low voice.

"I can understand why short skirts might be a problem.",said Dylan who tried to hide a mild awkardness.
"Yeah..can't argue with that..",said Dylan looking at the girl, with a calm expression on his face,he was raging inside of himself,though,thinking that the hardest days of schools were the first and the last,the former for obvious reasons,the latter because ...reasons.
"A celebrity?...Wait..is she the teacher?",said Dylan on a low voice.

blossom-rhapsody-92.jpg

Blossom: *Overhearing the comment* Mr. Maynards... That'll be enough of that. I am not a celebrity. But... the famous one here is... well... the Rising Star who i believe is somewhere in this school. Although if you are wanting a famous status... you might want to seek being famous by the matters of doing your studies here and getting a good grade. That's the best fame for your education. *Smiling*

Starflower: Dylan... you might not want to anger her... she's got a past of being a member of the foretold powers that be. A superheroine. Known as Electrogal. She isn't that anymore. Hasn't been for almost 10 years... But... don't push it. That'd be your best tip to cling to.
"First, from where does she know my name?Second, a super hero! What the actual - ", he thought, reminding himself to be quiet, this was too weird for him, and he surely didn't want to anger the omnisicent-ex-superhero with an above average hearing that surely didn't scare the poopie out of him.
"Yes, Yes,m'am!", proclaimed Dylan trying to totally back out of the situation, desperately with an awkward reddish tint on his face."Does she hate the rising star, a.k.a Macy?It really comes out that way, that comment really felt passive-agressive. ", he thought to himself.
((He so tries not to freak out))

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » High School Rising Star (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus