Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Reports of vash's death were greatly exaggerated

Kim Site Admin

xUsagix/SHIDONI/Sydigo/SailorTitan have been permanently banned from the site. Mountains of evidence support all four being the same person.

Normally we take privacy very very seriously and have refrained from publishing information about why someone was banned. Even when such people have slandered us elsewhere, we have chosen not to respond so as to not risk sharing personal info or correspondences.

In this case, xUsagix/SHIDONI/Sydigo/SailorTitan perpetrated a hoax on the entire RPR community that MUST be responded to: They claimed that vashthestampedegirl had died in a tragic car accident, causing many of our members to grieve. As far as we can tell, nothing happened to her.

We don't believe vasthestampedegirl is dead because:
  • SailorTitan and SHIDONI have been incredibly upbeat in speaking to us about it
  • Many of the events they described in public and to us could not be fit into a sensical timeline
  • We can't find any information about a fatal car crash anywhere in her vicinity, even when expanding the search a few days before or after her reported death on April 1st.
  • We requested that proof of her death be submitted so that we could close her account in accordance with our deceased user policy. What we were sent was an online obit profile created on a site for creating free online obituaries. We were told that the obit had been created a few days after her death, but a timestamp in the screenshot clearly showed that the obit had been created the very same day that we requested the proof.
  • Basic information in the obit was wrong. A lame excuse was submitted to us about it, but it was online, not in print, and could have been edited in a heartbeat if anyone cared about this supposedly deceased teen.
  • Vashthestampedegirl shared an IP with the other accounts that reported the death, which means they lived together, so they would have found out promptly, not a week later when her parents notified her friends.
  • Logins continued to occur on Vash's account, days after the reported death and days before her friends supposedly learned about it and logged in "to close her affairs."
  • xUsagix/SHIDONI/Sydigo/SailorTitan have been caught in many other lies about many other things.

I hope this comforts those of you who were horrified by Vash's "untimely death." It is an unspeakably mean spirited thing to convince one's friends that you have died. There are few emotions as painful as mourning, and no one should be subjected to it on someone's whim.
... Wow.

Glad to know that that person was fake. This hoax was sick. I'm shocked that someone would pull something like that.

Then again, I've been in forums where there were series of attacks of poetry based on eroticized cannibalism, so it could have been much worse.

Thanks for the relief, Kim. That makes me feel tons better.

(Holy crap that was mean. What on earth compels human beings to do things like that??)
This truly shows there's some disgusting people out there. To think there's people who would so willingly toy with someone's emotions, it's just disappointing.

I'm glad this hoax has been uncovered and justice has been served. Thank you so much!
Why would that person even think of lying like that? I would never do that unless it was really true and I made sure. *Shakes head* People these days.....

I don't care how mean it sounds, that person deserved to be forever banned. Thanks for the update about vash, Kim!
Qsilver

People these days. It seems like there not one thing they wouldn't do to hurt one or a group of people. Let hope no other Hoax like this happens again.
It seems like they wanted a break from role play and rather went through this than openly said they would not reply... Wow. Quite surprised. I can't say I knew any of these people, had just seen around, but still. Sorry to those who were more directly affected by the lies.
It's a shame. Sailor was a great RPer, too.
Unfortunately, I suspected this. Which was why I asked for an obit on the original post about vash. Having modded on sites where this kind of attention mongering was popular, you see the BS for what it is after a while.
Good grief.
O.o'
That's pretty darn sick if I do say so myself.
I don't think I'll ever be able to believe anything anybody ever tells me online about death or whatever again...
The issue I have with this is that it makes those people who actually have problems seem unbelievable. Because of these jerks, someone who is truly dying won't be able to have any condolences or sympathy from their friends because they'll get confronted with the question of "Are you just jerking me around or what?"
... If that makes any sense. It's like the people in parking lots who ask for spare change because their car is out of gas and five minutes later they drive away. You don't know who's lying and who's not.
Imma shut up now.
Holy Hell...

God, thanks Kim. I didn't know vash or usagi or whatever at all, really, but I'm a very sensitive person and these sorts of things make me so sad.

Knowing it was fake is both relieving and is very troublesome... I know people can be wrong in ways as severe as this, but it's always so astounding to me when I see it. That's sick, so sick... Why would anybody think of something like that?

It would've been less painful for her friends if she just... never logged in on that account again. Just up and poofed.

Life happens and that's what most would think happened: life grabbed a hold of the girl and wouldn't let go. Instead... death? Really?

This is so depressing.... We need to make a Random Acts of Kindness forum thread to have some sort of positivity after this. Where we post little random acts of kindness we've performed, experienced first hand, or have seen from afar. A little unrelated, but I think it might help those who feel like they have a little less faith in humanity after this.

Thanks again, Kim.
Lenaria wrote:
We need to make a Random Acts of Kindness forum thread to have some sort of positivity after this. Where we post little random acts of kindness we've performed, experienced first hand, or have seen from afar.

I agree with this entirely!

I haven't said anything on this post yet, but I've been reading comments. It made me so sad to hear what happened, and to find out I was being lied to....well, it's not so fun. I know everyone else feels the same way. But at the same time, I am SO relieved that Vash is apparently okay.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Highjinx wrote:
Unfortunately, I suspected this. Which was why I asked for an obit on the original post about vash. Having modded on sites where this kind of attention mongering was popular, you see the BS for what it is after a while.

Sadly, us too, which is why we started looking into it immediately. It was very slow going, there were many other issues that had to be untangled along the way, and we didn't want to make an announcement until we were pretty much certain as it is a very serious accusation to make. I'm mostly impressed we made it 3 years before someone pulled something this low here!

Guys, I love the idea of a Random Acts of Kindness thread. If you start one, please do send me the link so I can be sure to play! That you guys suggested a way to uplift the atmosphere again so quickly makes me warm and fuzzy inside.
Kim wrote:
Highjinx wrote:

Sadly, us too, which is why we started looking into it immediately. It was very slow going, there were many other issues that had to be untangled along the way, and we didn't want to make an announcement until we were pretty much certain as it is a very serious accusation to make. I'm mostly impressed we made it 3 years before someone pulled something this low here!

This community is super fortunate if this kind of stuff hasn't happened before. I hope, with the increase in users, this isn't a sign of things to come -__-;
Well, that's kinda weird. But it's a good thing you uncovered it!
......I cannot express how angry this makes me. It's different when evil such as this is shown in the form of characters, such as some of mine, since you know they're not real. But when a real person speaks such dark lies of another real person, then it truly becomes heinous. I should have known when I saw how seemingly...happy SailorTitan was when that thread was made, I had a slight suspicion that something was deeply wrong. I hope there are some form of charges that Vash can press against her for this.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

GrandFinale wrote:
......I cannot express how angry this makes me. It's different when evil such as this is shown in the form of characters, such as some of mine, since you know they're not real. But when a real person speaks such dark lies of another real person, then it truly becomes heinous. I should have known when I saw how seemingly...happy SailorTitan was when that thread was made, I had a slight suspicion that something was deeply wrong. I hope there are some form of charges that Vash can press against her for this.

There are very few reasons to think Vash wasn't in on this in one way or another.
Really hope this place isn't turning into the deviantart of collaborative writing.
Sanne Moderator

All I want to say is that I'm happy this is over, and that nobody has to live with a false burden. It's incredibly difficult to deal with the loss of a friend or family member, and I don't wish it upon anyone.

A lot of people do dumb things that they'll regret later in life, and this is one thing I'm sure this person/people will come to regret as well. They have to live the rest of their lives realizing they really hurt people with their lies, and they have learned lying has its consequences. I think that's an adequate punishment for what's been done.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Reports of vash's death were greatly exaggerated

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus