Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » A Demon's Intuition(1x1)

Pixy Isaki (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

She picked at her food, eyes falling on her fork. "It seems to me that you do not find his thriving a good thing. You do not want this spirit to be out of you, but you do not welcome him, as you do not let him reign free. That vexes me." She lifted her eyes to him. "And confuses me."

Binx purred at her feet. "And in turn intrigues me."
Regaris (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Regaris chuckled softly as she mentioned what his actions did to her. "Vexed, confused, and intrigued. That is a very dangerous combination, miss Pixy." He rubbed the side of his neck. "Explaining is bothersome and unpleasant, so I will give you as short of a version as I can."

He cleared his throat. "The spirit is a very powerful being, when he is in solid form at least. Therefore I intentionally took him upon myself and bound him with spells and locks, to keep his power under control. If he were to reign free, this city would be levelled within a day, easily." He took a calm sip from his drink. "Even earlier, I was holding back his power. It is why I could not regain control of my body so quickly. I was too busy making sure he didn't try to barbecue you, not that he could. But he could try."

"Why take it?" She was leaning on her elbows now, chin resting on her laced fingers. "Why let him within your body in the first place; that is what I am curious about mostly. The vexation comes from your stubbornness to not be helped. As for the intrigue? Why you keep him like a coveted thing?"

Regaris watched her for a moment, then frowned. "I'm afraid that is something you will not learn of, Pixy. It is not a thing I wish to discuss. Please accept this and just accept that I have willingly taken him in to control him and keep him from hurting others." He sighed slightly. "You are very intrusive, Pixy. Is it a trait or am I a special case?"

"It's a trait for special cases, I am afraid. You will just have to deal with me," she smiled as she perked up. She wasn't about to let it all go, but she could at least back off some. "So then, if you're going to be Mr. Stubborn over there, what shall we speak of?"

Regaris listened to her and chuckled. "I see. Well I suppose I will then." He shrugged slightly. "I'm...really not sure. I'm not used to socializing, hm? Why don't you pick a topic? One that doesn't pertain to my...'friend'." He smirked, hoping to ease the nature of their conversation into a more light tone.

"Aw, that's limiting my scope of interest!" She pouted playfully. Binx had slunk into her lap by now and he was eying her food from the edge of the table. He bat a paw at a lettuce leaf into it was near his mouth, then absconded with it to the floor. Pixy was watching this and chuckled at the cat's foolish behavior.

"You do not wish to speak of yourself. I do not wish to reveal too much of myself, though I fear I already have. What else do we speak of?"

Regaris as well found the cat's actions amusing. "Perhaps your feline companion, then?" he said, gesturing a hand towards Binx. "He's rather interesting after all. Quite the...pet." Somehow he felt that the word 'pet' did not suit Binx. Reg continued eating, his eyes moving between Pixy and her furry pal. He wouldn't mind talking about a cat if it kept the conversation off of himself.

"Binx?" She said while looking down at the creature. "He's more than a pet. He's almost like a sibling and very close to my heart." She wasn't going to reveal the part where they felt all the same pains and if he died she would in fact follow suit. It's hard to live without a soul, after all. "He's always been with me and he will always stay with me."

She lifted her head smiling to Regaris, obviously pleased to be talking of her companion. "Haven't you ever had anyone like that, Regaris?"

Regaris listened to her talk of the cat. "Hmm...I see." He watched the feline while they spoke of it, thinking over Pixy's words. When she asked if he had someone like that, his attention was brought to her. "Not at all." he said simply. "Anyone who might have been like that is long dead." It didn't seem like the fact bothered him. He was rather casual about it. So he simply shrugged and reached down towards the cat, wiggling his fingers. He'd pet Binx, if the feline wanted him to.

Binx lifted his head, lettuce still hanging from his jowls. He looked at Regaris' hand and then to Pixy, whose smile twitched ever so. He got to his paws and padded over to the wiggling fingers, rubbing his cheek along them. He walked until he had rubbed from his face to his thigh and spun to do it again until Regaris would pet him. The cat purred softly and those very close to Pixy might hear her doing the same.

Reg smiled as the cat would rub against his fingers, and he would oblige, petting the feline. "He's not so bad. At least when he's not glaring at me." He chuckled, stroking the cat's fur gently and carefully. "What about your family, Pixy? Aren't they that special to you? You talk of Binx as if he is the only true friend you have."

Her smile faltered just a little, then. "He is a truer friend than anyone else in this world can be. I love my family; but they possess the power to lie to me, to leave me, to hurt me. He does not."

She never took her eyes off the cat who was engrossed in his petting. He looked to Regaris, wide red eyes staring.

Regaris listened curiously. "I see..." He focused upon the cat, petting and petting as much as the creature would like. Finally Reg carefully picked the feline up, deposited him in his lap, and would pet him there. It was easier for both of them. "You are interesting, Pixy. Both you and this little Binx."

"I'm not that small," the cat announced in between purrs. He was content to puddle in Regaris' lap as long as the demon was at bay. He had an otherwise nice aura. Binx had started to clean his paws while getting the royal treatment of petting and Pixy's eyes lingered on the feline's face, her own smile falling just a little.

In truth, the pair felt bad for Regaris. He regarded the demon with no emotions whatsoever, it seemed.

Reg looked at the cat, smirked, and then chuckled. "Yes, not that small. But in comparison, you are still little." His gaze turned to
Pixy and he noticed the slight faulter in her smile. "Is there something wrong, miss Pixy?"

She leaned forward on her elbows, chin resting in her palm. A shrug was offered as an answer to his question while her eyes were still on Binx. "He usually doesn't take to other people at all. Just me."

Binx flicked his tail at Pixy's mushy sentiment. He pushed his face into Regaris' hand and purred louder. "I do what I want."

Regaris chuckled lightly. "I see. Well, I appreciate how he tolerates me." He smiled at the cat and pet the creature's furry head. "Yes, you certainly are a feline." he said with a smirk. He was obviously enjoying giving the cat attention. He had never had a pet before, and things had been rather solitary lately. It didn't count that he had a demon inside him, because, well, that was a lot different.

Pixy shrugged then and leaned back in her chair. "What are you going to do, right?" Binx had decided to nap in Ragaris' lap now, because why not? He was a tight little ball of cat, tail curled around him. He was also still a purring mass of fur in the man's lap. Pixy smirked.

"Now you will never get rid of him." She picked up her fork and continued her meal then.

Regaris chuckled with a smile as he looked down at the napping feline. "I'm not sure I want to." Maybe he should get a cat. He was rather enjoying having Binx on his lap. "He certainly made himself comfy."

All was peaceful, but randomly Reg stopped petting the cat and put his hand on his hidden arm. Brows furrowed just slightly, the only indication of pain.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » A Demon's Intuition(1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus