Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » A Demon's Intuition(1x1)

Pixy Isaki (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

She could tell that she was visibly frowning and Binx's claws found their way into her skin again to keep her in check. She sure wished she could have kept her mouth shut...

The change in his demenor was so sudden, she was put off. Mumbling her words, she told him she was going to her room now.
Regaris (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Regaris would nod and let her go. Man she was pissed. He sighed and went up to his own room, sitting down. The demon inside him laughed at his pathetic wimpiness, but Reg just rolled his eyes. He knew it would be better NOT to have the woman pissed at him, and he also knew, perhaps a bit deep inside, that her words of eating souls was right. He wouldn't quite accept it, but he knew she was right.

"Why do things always have to be so complicated?" he mumbled.

The feline woman dropped onto her bed as if her legs would no longer hold her. How long would she have to tag along with this kid and teach him how to see demons and render their souls edible? Binx curled in her lap, enjoying the storm of frustration manifesting in her thoughts.

"You just have to teach him, that's all. Then he can be let out on his own. The only time you'll ever have to see him again is to check up," the domestic cat purred from her lap.

"That's the thing... I don't know HOW to teach someone to see. I see because you and I are separate. If I couldn't see souls, I couldn't see you. Seeing souls is what helps me identify demons."

Kneading her thigh with his claws, the vibrating bundle of cat glared at her. "You don't need to explain to me, I know already."

Frowning, Pixy removed the snide animal and sat at the room's desk. She employed the free pad and pen to write Regaris a note, asking him to meet her on the streets tonight.

Regaris would received the note, and set it on the counter so he would remember it. Once night came, he was out there, looking around for Pixy. He knew she was pissed off and didn't want to do this, so he was trying to figure out how to make it less unbearable for her. That was difficult though. It was Pixy, after all.

Pixy and Binx were across the street, waiting under a light. The cat stood by himself some feet away from his counterpart who leaned against the lamp pole. She wore a black wife beater and khaki shorts and stood away from the pole when Regaris approached.

"Alright, first thing: Look at the cat. What do you see?"

Regaris was a tad confused by this question. He did look at the cat however. "I...see a cat. Binx." he stated simply. He looked at Pixy, waiting. There must be something he was missing. But he would not know how to see what he could not see until she told him. He stayed patient. As patient as one could be when their manly pride was being threatened by not being able to do this all himself.

Pixy's face fell and she paced over to the feline, picking him up. Binx was non compliant and hung like a sack of potatoes in her hands. "I don't think I should be telling you this, but Binx is a Soul Manifest. Therefore, he is probably the easiest way to show you what a demon's soul would look like." She held the cat higher to Regaris' face and frowned.

"He doesn't look different to you at all?"

Regaris frowned. Binx was usually not so...dead-looking. "The eyes." he noticed. "You two have the same eyes." The frown was still on his face. "He's too still. It's like he's dead." He looked from Binx to Pixy. "A demon's soul looks like a cat? Pixy, if he's a Soul Manifest then he wouldn't exactly look like a normal soul, now would he?" Words were getting a bit terse, tone a bit frustrated, but he pulled it in.

"What am I supposed to be seeing?"

Her brows snapped together in annoyance and she dropped Binx. The cat landed gracefully on his feet and began to clean himself. "Binx is my soul. We are two separate entities, so I figured it might be easier to see a Soul's manifest rather that searching for a soul inside someone..." She crossed her arms under her breasts and frowned, thinking this might be trickier than she first thought.

"And I am half demon, so the soul would look different than both. A human soul is whitish and fluctuates in brightness according to how good the host is, while a demon soul is usually a different color like red or green. Souls have classifications, you know. Binx should come off as a wavy blue."

Colors? Reg didn't see any colors. He frowned deeper. His arm itched. He knew it was glowing under the wrapping even without looking at it. "...Fine." he whispered, but not to her. "Show me." He gripped the bloody wrappings and murmured a soft, incoherent word. The markings disappeared, and suddenly Reg collapsed as if he'd been hit by something.

One moment passed. Then... "Goddamnit! I know you're pissed off but can't you just go a little bit easier next time?!" He sat up and rubbed his head, looking at Pixy. "Sorry. Not you. Me. Well, him. Inside me. I really think I need to give him a name after all this time." He blinked for a moment, noticed Binx. "Oh. So that's what you're talking about." It seemed the demon inside him had given him a rather forceful nudge into the right direction.

Pixy looked to Binx as if she was going to see something different. He still had the same blue tinge to his entire form... She shook her head and turned back to her student. "So he's all one color because a soul is all he is, essentially..." She paused as she thought over her words and shook her head again. She was turning out to be a horrible teacher after all. "If the soul was in me, or a normal body you would have to locate it..."

"Is any of this making any sense?"

Regaris looked at her. "Locate it? Why can't I just suck it out of them like the humans? I don't need to know where their souls are to do that. But...do you mean that they can be in different parts of the body?" He chuckled. "A soul could be in a foot? That'd be interesting. Or the as--" He stopped and cleared his throat. "Demon's getting to me. Anyways. Please continue."

SHe shook her head; she was getting dizzy from making that motion so much. Her ears fell back as he was babbling. "No, but a demon is able to hide it's soul. Like how it can hide itself in a human." She quirked a brow at him.

Regaris gave a slight nod. "I see. Alright. Well...that complicates things, doesn't it?" He rubbed the back of his head, and focused on her again. "So...how do I locate a soul?"

She almost shrugged, but that would not have helped the situation at all. "You have to be able to see them. I can; but I'm a shaman. It was an innate thing with me, so it's almost hard to explain." She frowned and stopped the think.

Regaris nodded a bit. "Yes... I think my demon 'friend' has helped me with that. I can see it now, but I don't know if I can find a soul inside a body. I guess I'll have to find that out. Yes?"

She frowned. He was right, they were going to have to try this with a normal soul and body combination rather than her and Binx. She nodded to herself.

"Yes; tomorrow we will have to go out and look for some people to practice on."

Reg gave a simple nod. "Alright. Then...are we done for the night?" He wasn't trying to rush things. But with how Pixy felt about him, he thought it best if he didn't stay for longer than absolutely necessary. "Thank you again for your help."

She waved him off and made it back up to her room. Binx followed her more slowly, his feline eyes on Regaris. The cat hesitated before leaving, his curling in the air. It was obvious he wanted to say something to the young man, but he refrained from doing so. Eventually he left to follow his other half.

Reg noticed Binx staring and looked at him curiously. "Uh...what's up?" But the cat just left. He sighed and shook his head, heading off to go back to bed. He would probably sleep through the better half of the morning. Unless a certain female went pounding on his door in the early A.M.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » A Demon's Intuition(1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus