Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Eternal Feast (Any and all may join)!

Zackary Marquis (played by AmberShades)

He would nod slowly, staring at his reflection on the bottle. He was lost in his thoughts, his weak smile slowly creasing into a frown. He shook the thoughts from his mind, propping his elbow on the table. "The fire?" He lifted his eyebrows, unclear with the expression. Afterall, he wasn't raised somewhere where he got much social interaction, and, even if he did, he was taught to keep his mouth shut and ignore anyone but himself.
Side Characters (played by Icyrosyseal) Topic Starter

Cyclone: “Big flamethrower dude. Burnt down my hometown. I guess in hindsight S’probably why the others didn’t show up...” he said, impressively relaxed.

His eyes widened slightly. He took it in, despite his terrible understanding of English terms and language. Being self-taught did have its doubts. "Others-?" He asked before another question rose. "Flamethrower? 'Hometown' does mean where you grew up, doesn't it? Wait- Who was the Ami with the weapon-?"

Cyclone: He decided to slow down a bit for him. “Righto. A flamethrower is kinda.. fake fire magic, I guess. It’s technically wind, but that ain’t important. Hometown is where you grew up, correct. Flamethrower Guy? No idea. Wore a mask the whole time. The others were just some childhood friends I was gonna meet up with. Guess that ain’t happenin’ Then..” he said, taking his meal from the counter and standing up.

Zackary stood up as well, his eyes sparking with curiosity. "Why would he do it if he.." He struggled to find the words. "..if he wasn't showing his face?" He tilted his head. "He sounds like- ehm- a coward." He blinked, furrowing his brows. "What happened to your.. what did you call them..? Friends?" He pronounced the word as 'fire-ends', though he continued speaking. "Are they still here?"

Cyclone: “Heh, you like your questions. I presume he did it because of the easy power match-up. Everything I threw at him just made him stronger. I guess he wore a mask because of the cameras, if he’s done this before and is recognisable people might sound the evacuation alarm. Find myself doubting my friends made it, but ya never know.” He replied, nonchalant as usual.

He exhaled, falling silent. He told himself to lay off the questions beneath his breath, but he looked up and continued talking. "Your friends-" He stumbled over his words. "-they're.." He raised his hands, flipping them so the palms would be face down. He waved them left and right, hoping he would get what he was trying to say.

Cyclone: “..Dead? I believe you’re asking if they’re dead. That right?” He asked, tossing some food into his mouth.

"Oui!" He nodded. "Dead.. right..?" He would lower his hands, questioning himself if he had said the correctly.

Cyclone: “Presumably. They clearly aren’t showing up, and I haven’t gotten any messages from them yet..” he said.

"Hm.." He tapped his foot. "What do you use to message?" He lifted a brow, curious. In Zackary's village, he would've had to send letters or messages through himself, usually flying or walking. "Et comment-" He cleared his throat, restarting his sentence. "And how do you know they're.. dead?"

Cyclone: He cleared his throat. “Might we change the subject, Zack?” He requested, ordering a second drink and making sure they got his order correct this time.

He opened his mouth, but quickly shut it. He nodded once, slowly lowering his gaze. He unfolded and folded his wings, hoping he hadn't knocked anything over as he did it.

Cyclone: “Anyway.. who was chasing YOU?” He asked, twirling his drink.

He jumped, startled by the tone. "Que? Chasing me?" He laughed it off, regaining his posture and straightening his back. "I.. don't understand-" Inside his mind, he was telling himself to act dumb and play it off, hopefully leading to a question swap.

Cyclone: He raised his eyebrow. “Friend, you already said someone is following you.... what are you hiding?” He asked.

The avian chuckled anxiously, swallowing any confidence he had minutes before. "Following me-? Eh- Non, non- They're.. eh- trying to discover where I am-" He winced, realizing that sounded worse. "Non- Not like that, Mon Ami."
He sipped the last of his beer. "Hiding.. isn't the term I would use- More as.. covering up. Oui.. 'covering'.."

Cyclone: “You don’t need to tell me anything you don’t want to, friend. Everyone has their secrets.” He said with a smile.

He weakly returned the smile, nodding awkwardly as he fiddled with the glass. His wings were beginning to ache from remaining in one position, though he didn’t say anything of it, let alone dare move them.

Cyclone: “So, Uh...” He thought of some good questions to ask.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Eternal Feast (Any and all may join)!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus