Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Helix Trials

Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

He nods and lays down on the floor, again reaching his hand over the edge and scraping the rocks to make a ledge long enough for her feet to get a good grip in the walls of the trap. One hole and his fingers are starting to go numb from the hard rocks on the inside. He continues to scrape the second hole. “If you’re okay with your shoes possibly getting messed up on the front, I’d like for you to put your feet in the holes and scrape more holes below you with your shoes. Then step into those new holes and continue making the holes below you until you can reach the crown and possibly the collared skeleton.” He stood up, looking at his scratched fingertips, then looking at her. “You ready?”
Jessie (played by SeaWarriorRachel)

She notices his fingertips and her brows knit together. She reaches out for a moment but pulls back not wanting to cross any boundaries. "Uh yeah I'm ready! Shoes are shoes and I'll steal some later if I ever get back home or can find any." She gets ready and places her shoes into the holes. She then looks up at him. "Thank you Jaxon." She smiles at him and makes her decent down to the spikes. She digs little holes with her feet. It wears down her shoes. She reaches for the crown. She spits on her hand and rubs her hands together making it have a better grip. She grips the spike right below the point and reaches for the crown. She grabs it and gets back to the wall. She tosses it perfectly to Jaxon. "I just need to get the collar!" Her foot slips and a spike cuts her thigh enough for it to bleed. "KYA" She adjusts and regains her footing.
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

He catches the crown and looks at it. Not long he hears her yelp and looks down, seeing her bleeding thigh, but she doesn’t have the collar. “If your leg it still working, grab the collar. And be extra careful this time. We’ll tend to your leg when you come up.” He said to her, staring at the collar to see if it’s actually accessible, to which he finds that it is. It won’t be easy to get it, she’ll have to grab onto some of the spikes to hold herself up. “Ah! When you get the collar, try to rip the head off of the spine then throw it up to here! I’ll try my best to catch it!” He said to her. “Take your mind off of your leg and focus on the task. It’ll hurt less.” He's had experience with this, giving him extended knowledge about cuts and all that stuff. His first time tending to wounds wasn’t the best, leaving him partially blind in one eye, however he can still see out of it enough to know if something is coming towards him. But now, he was just hoping for the best in the girl getting the collar.

She bites her lower lip "Okay Jaxon! I trust you!" Realizing what she said she slightly shocks herself. She shakes her head and spits on her hands. "Okay you can do this" She grips one spike then another spike with the other. Then using her upper body strength reaches between two spikes. She rips the head off like it was nothing and grabs the collar. "Heads up!" She tosses it as best as she can in the position shes in. She then heads back up. She rips off the cloth on her jeans on her right leg up to the top of the wound. When she does so, he sees a nasty scar of a claw mark thats been there for awhile. (which, if curious, is in Jessie's profile.) She winces as she tears the jeans. "Heh I got what we needed!" She said trying to be upbeat.
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

The collar tumbles a bit in his hands but he has a firm grip on it. When she comes back up, he watches as she tears her jeans. He notices the large mark on her leg. He bends down and takes the ripped jean from her and stretches it out best he can. He then wraps it around her wound. While doing so, he asks, “What’s up with that large scar on your leg?” Not referring to the one she just got.

She rolls up her sleeve to reveal a bite mark too. "Well, in my world there are zombies everywhere." She looks down a little and takes a deep breath. "I was captured by a crazy woman... long story short she had a zombie hand and a head and... well her goal was to get rid of me but wouldn't you know it? I was immune to the scratch and bite... even after she injected them both with the virus." A hint of sadness runs through her eyes but she looks back at him and smiles. "But hey I'm tough and I mean I have some really cool scars right? She pauses. "Thank you for helping me. This may seem tedious and annoying to be helping me but... I really do appreciate it and you." She looks into his eyes with a kind and grateful smile.
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

“Zombies...?” He had a disbelieving look on his face but continued to listen. After hearing her story, he said, “No problem. Ah...and—” He moves his hair a little so she could see the other side of his face. It showed a partially white eye with a large scar over that eye. His cheek showed claw marks similar to her leg. “You’re not the only one that’s been through hell.” He quickly moved his hair back. He wasn’t fond of showing off his scars, he’d prefer to keep them hidden. Avoiding the scar topic that they’ve been talking about, he says, “To be honest, I’ve never actually talked to someone in a long time, much less even have empathy for anyone. It’s not really a good feeling, but it’s almost new to me.” He looks over at the collar. “Anyway! We need to find out how to unlock this.” He starts examining it. It was the same model as theirs. He looks at the buttons and shows them to her. “Which one do you want to try first?”

She smiles. "We aren't so different after all huh? Of course you don't have to now but I like hearing you talk and your scars intrigue me. So.. what I'm saying is I would love to hear more about you" She says bit shyly. "ahem, anyway." She moves closer to him to get a better look at the collar. "Try the green, then red, then green, then blue one. Please be careful and hold it away or something... Those were the buttons in the movie at least."
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

“My past is too dark for someone like you to have to hear.” He sets the collar a ways away and grabs the longest piece of glass he could find, only slightly cutting himself, but it’s not life threatening at all. She gave out a combination of different buttons but decided to do one at a time. “Do you remember from your movie thing what the green one does?”

She rests her hand on his hand for a moment. "You'd be surprised what I can handle Jaxon." She smiles. "They didn't go into details but from my best guess is that the green neutralizes the system for a moment red sets it off which is why you must press green once more right after so it tricks the system. Blue is last bc once you have done all that then blue unlocks and deactivates it. It made sense in my head." She looks at the crown. "Plus look at the crown jewels! Green, Red, Green, Blue."
Thyrkeon (played by Arcol)

It drew closer, watching every move intently; it waited before closing in for the kill. How it would enjoy sniffing out her light, his darkness, their allegiance together. It all fell into its calculations, its derogative, the basis of which it was created; perfection through eradication.

She feels a shiver crawl down her spine. "Jaxon... I don't... I have a really bad feeling." She grabs his arm.
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

He looks at her, being attached to his arm, making him pretty uncomfortable. “About what?” He said, looking at the crown. He was about the press the buttons when this all happened. Why was she hugging his arm? This was all still new to him. He gripped the glass shard a little tighter as he reached forward and pressed the green button, which does nothing to his relief. He then pressed the red, green, and blue. Thankfully, it detached from the other side of the collar it was holding together. A quiet breath of relief was exhaled. He never felt this on edge. What if the collar triggered the other collars to explode as well? Well, it didn’t but what if?

"So I was right? That's a relief... it's been so long since I saw it I almost second guessed myself." She smiles. "Oh s-sorry i just feel like I'm being watched..." she let's go.

"You did good Jaxon! Now let's get these things off and get that crown on that king." She says with a smile. She is holding the shiv tightly in her hand. She gives a worried look for a secondas she looks in the shadows then looks back to Jaxon with a smile. "Can you do my collar so I dont mess up? I'll do yours if youd like."
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

“I’ll do my own.” He says. He reaches for her collar and inputs the same code, unlatching the collar. And looking at hers, he undoes his own. “Okay, let’s put this collar where it belongs and get out of here.” He said. Throwing his and her collar into the pit of spikes.

She undoes hers and examines it. "I hope we don't need this for later." She steadily gets up. She tosses it in the spikes and picks up the crown. "I guess the only thing left to do is place this on the 'kings' head." She looks down slightly. "Does this mean after I do this our truce... will be over?" Her eyes wavered as she looked up at him.
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

“Well, yeah.” He said this in a ‘you should’ve known this already’ tone. “All of this talking is exhausting and I don’t want to babysit anyone.” He almost looked relieved. “Anyway, where’s this king?” He looked at her with his usual expressionless face.

She sighs and pulls herself together. "Well I don't know what else I expected I suppose. Glad to see where I stand in your eyes." She says a bit hurt but not really surprised. "Still it was a thrill for me!" She points at the king and slightly limps her way to the robot. "This is him" She places the crown on its head. She takes a few steps back.
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

“Just so you know, it wasn’t bad knowing you, you’re just troublesome at times. I have my own problems to worry about. Big problems... and same with you! You most likely have your own problems!” He said, trying to reassure her. He then watches her put the crown on the ‘king’.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Helix Trials

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus