Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Have company from across the country over so I might be a little slow posting.
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

Not a problem.
Neo Angelo (played by dantefrancis)

Neo would move his arm around a bit,it was surprising comfortable,but the glow wasn't there."Yeah,we could go their."Neo would get up, and stick his hand out."Do you want to choose the weapon before or after you eat?It's your choice either way."Neo would would think for a moment.'Am I enjoying this?Maybe I am,but I am still keeping a lookout for...them.She would know,but not know,not yet'
Very sorry for the delay, work is been enslaving the past couple days. As soon as I get some food in me I'll get a post together.

Take your time. ^v^ Sometimes work eats your life. Avi not bugged if that happens.
Put 760 miles in in a 12 hour shift. I deffo worked for my money today XD

Thanks for understanding dear <3

Yeah, no kidding! 0v0

And always! I deal with enough work stuff to more than understand. ^v^
"After is fine. I'm starving!" She looks at his out stretched hand and smiles. She grabs his hand gently and leads him to the place. Shes careful not to drag him but more walk beside him.

She smiles as they arrive and she points. "That's the place right here!" She gives his hand a squeeze. "Ready to go inside?" She looks up at him with a bright smile, one she hasn't worn in a long time.

Hey, Jules? Neo? not ruin your fun, but could you two slow down a little? '^v^ It's been fun to watch, but we've gotta give the less frequent posters catchup time.
Ok

Thanksies! <3
Oh sorry! I just figured since it was only him and I about to be eating it wouldnt be a big deal. Unless I guess someone happened to come in I guess. I didn't realize people were near the village or anything. Sorry. I just enjoy rping especially with Jules

I'm just hoping not to have the time people have been taking get too de-synced. Not have hours go by for you while Victi and Drake have a 5-min chat, for example. ~v^
No I get that. We seem to group rp differently however I see your side. It's harder to do in this kind of group though since I am use to rping on discord.

Passage of time just matters because a) I have some plans of plans, and b) because timing of things matters. There's at least one spell Victi can't use properly at night, for example.
Adriannu (played by Katia)

Adriannu had just finished gutting the pheasant and tossed the parts she wouldn't eat away from the cave mouth for Raven or perhaps some other scavengers to eat. Afterwards she was working on preparing a fire when the black cat started to bat the bird's head before nibbling on it. Yet it was when the feline spoke that broke Adriannu's concentration on making her fire and she even dropped the bow drill she was using in favor of snatching a dagger from her hip for defense. Voices meant other people and other people meant potential danger.

Quickly turning around, Raven would see that Adriannu was clearly on edge and ready to defend herself. Yet only seeing the cat caused her to blink a few times in confusion. Taking a look around, the child saw that there was no one else around and thus she asked. "Did Kitty...talk?" The confusion and disbelief in the cat girl's voice likely made it clear to Raven that the child had never seen a talking cat before, or possibly any kind of talking animal before. Naturally as a result, she found it hard to believe that the voice could have come from Raven, but the lack of any other visible alternatives made her consider what was very unlikely to her possibility that it was the cat.

Should Raven choose to speak again, Adriannu would look very shocked for a bit, but soon started smiling instead. "Cool! I never met a talking kitty before!...Wait does kitty like being called kitty?" Well first of all, that confirmed any suspicions the cat might have regarding the kid's experience with talking animals and apparently even under surprising circumstances, still managed to remember her manners as well.

(Decided to do a little research into how one would start a fire and thus gave Adriannu a bow drill. Second I decided that Adriannu hasn't completely lost her childish nature, but only expresses it when she feels safe. The second she feels threatened, she instantly switches to a more mature, but cynical, and distrusting one. Going to add such to her profile.)
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"Magistrate!" calls the communications officer, "the sorceress is sharing valuable intel with the mercenary! They, erm.... appear to be cooperating or at the very least negotiating his hiring to assist her"

"Go on...." replies the magistrate, gritting his teeth, voice filled with tranquil fury.

"W-well," the officer says, "she's indicated that, specifically, she needs control over the planet's manasphere. He hasn't asked why, this happened seconds ago, but I can patch through the trasnsmission."

"Do it," comes the growled response.
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

Raven's nose wrinkles and her tail twitches in a way that suggests no, no, she doesn't much care for being called kitty. Miffed, she replies, "Of course, Raven can talk. Raven loves to talk and very much likes to be called by her name."

Hopefully, Adriannu gets the hint. Raven snatches her pheasant head in her mouth and carries it to the fire. Provided the child stops calling her "Kitty," she thinks she'll enjoy having some new company for a while. Besides, it might take some time to smoothly guide their conversation to the topic she wants: the shard and the magistrate's message.

I found a fellow shard-holder in the span of half a morning; Lisa's either going to love this or kill me for it. She snickers at this thought while looking the girl up and down, eyes lingering in strange, possibly uncomfortable places as she searches for the shard on the girl's person.
Quote:
Victi sighs and makes a few vague gestures. The sounds from the rest of the inn fade away, the door seems more like a part of the wall, and Drake probably gets the feeling that a large number of small bugs have abruptly met their untimely ends as the matress crackles briefly.

"Well, I'm certainly happy that I tried to kill and rob the right person, and you're probably happy that I'm not going to try and kill and rob you now that you're useful," she sighs, jumping onto the bed and laying on her back in a relaxed posture, "as to why I didn't ask before.... giving people more information than I need is probably a bad idea given what I'm trying to do. Most people don't really know the story, according to research, and the rest don't believe it. The ones that do are in the rounding error. They'd think I was insane before I told them the plan. By the time I noticed the shard on you, you were ready to come here."

She let that sit for a moment, letting his most important question linger a little longer before saying, "And I'm not planning on ending your world. I just need to borrow a living world's entire manasphere and the collective awareness of every creature living on its surface and in its oceans for, say...... eighteen to twenty-six hours? Turns out, not many places where that's even possible, so I'd kinda like this to work since there's an easy-to-use aritfact for that here. Even if it is blood magic." Her face scrunches in disgust for a moment at the thought.

Drake stiffens as all exterior sounds fade away and he looks to the door only to get the sense that it's turned into a flat, immovable painting or at best a shred of tapestry. His eyes widen as the nagging sense of being trapped prickles his skin.

His eyes dart to Victi, who moves toward him, then to his relief, simply pounces on the bed and rolls over. It's another nice view, one of many that seem a little too intentional.

He doesn't comment on her explanation for his first question. It's fair enough. When she goes on to talk about borrowing his entire planet's manosphere, something he assumes has to do with what scholars from his homeland call environmental or ambient magic, he guffaws. "An entire world's manosphere! What the hell are you going to do with a-my world's manosphere?"
"Here kitty kitty kitty!" Lisa marches along the forest's edge, calling for Raven. The sun continues to rise, and the longer she searches the more she entertains the thought that something terrible has happened to her familiar.

No, no. That's not it.

Raven's just flighty. And cocky.

And reckless.

...Oh no something very bad could have happened to her.

At this point, the chimera even entertains the thought of shapeshifting into a form that possesses the nose she'd need to track Raven by scent: the form she was almost born knowing to use and the form she hates using.

"No, no..." she muses out loud. "That's drastic. You know Raven. She's reckless, but also clever and full of mischief. She likely wandered onto the road to harass travelers...."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus