Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mirrored World[Closed]

Jackie Layci Corazz (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

As Blake was lead through the facility, it became immediately apparent the fortress was a prison of some form. Held in the cells he was bale to see where shades, and other beings liek the officers. Some of the shades looked like they were from the area. Others looked like giant insects, or humanoid cats, or oddly enough bandits from a western. Those like the officers also took on various forms. Most of them looked like 1930's esque Mobsters, who shot death glares at the Officers as they passed.

He was taken to an elevator that went up a few floors. When the ycame out, these floors looked like the inside of a police office. Eventually the officers came to a stop outside a door. They opened it and pushed Blake into the room, before closing and locking the door. The room he was in looked like an interrogation room, though the reflective viewing window displayed no reflections.

Jackie sighed. She really hadn o idea what to do. She didn't know what the doctors did when they'd been in the Mirror world earlier, and she clearly couldn't wake him. She sat wit hher back against the wall, before blinking. The world seemed to lose some of its color. She looked up to find Blake's body missing. "What the hell?" Jackie questioned, before her heart sank. "A-Am I in that weird dimension again?" She stammered to herself.
Baku (played by Dreath)

As Blake was walked through the facility he noticed all the oddly dressed people in cells. They were all dressed like old western bandits from the 1800's and a bunch were monsters from the 30's. That made no sense to him and when he asked he got no response. Things were not adding up and even now feeling more and more out of place. As he was brought to a small room and locked in he looked about nervously. Some kind of interrogation room. It looked modern.
"Hello? Anyone around?" He says tapping on the window that he had always seen was a one way mirror.

Blake was left in the room alone for a while, before the door unlocked and opened. A man in a more ornate officer uniform entered the room. Blake would immediately recognize him as Aaron Jefferies, the head of the neighborhood watch, though his skin was a dull shade of purple and his eyes gave off a yellow glow, like his officers. Jefferies was well known for being ridiculously dedicated to his job, and acted as though it gave him authority over the other residents of the neighborhood, though he never really gave Blake any trouble.

"So, I see you've returned. Where's the girl you were with? Or the large stone creature?" He questioned, walking around the table and taking a seat at one of the two chairs in the room. "Are you a watcher? Or are you from the other side?" He added.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Recognizing someone brought a feeling of unease to Blake. He ha barely interacted with Jefferies as he lived further out from where he resided. He had noticed he had a bit of a superiority complex despite being little more than a self designated mall cop. Though if you'd ask him he'd act almost like a fully fledged officer except with an inflamed sense of self importance. Blake took a seat as this man started speaking. His purple figure was odd to say the least. Plus how was he here? Blake wondered this and then his questions started. The girl and stone creature? He wondered this but realized he was speaking of Jackie and Atlas. But the next part is what confused him.

"A Watcher?" He asks confused. It took him a moment before he remembered that's what Atlas was referred to as. Then he asked of being from the 'other side' and that truly got to Blake. He froze up and felt his palms get sweaty. He had figured these guys weren't with Atlas and sounded like they were with the Shades. That statement about 'stone creature' confirmed it for him. "I don't get what you mean." Blake says confused but playing up his ignorance.

Jefferies scowled. "DON'T PLAY DUMB!" He snarled, slamming his hands onto the table. "Yes, a Watcher. A reflection whose connection to their other world Double and takes on a life of it's own." Jefferies explained. "Don't tell me you haven't noticed how dull, unaware, and lifeless everyone else here is." He said.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Blake was learning a lot from this. Jefferies was throwing information at him with only the faintest of statements. It was almost relieving. Though the commissioners aggravated actions caused Blake to flinch. He quickly took a deep breath and straightened up.
"To be honest I hadn't noticed. I thought it was just a normal Saturday." He said with a smile. Inside his head he was going crazy at his response. He was talking back to someone who frankly could be dangerous to him. He managed to cover up his nervousness with sarcasm but how long could that last he wondered.

As Jackie got down and started thinking her gaze would go past a slender figure in the trees.
"What're you doing back here?" Atlas asks as he approaches the girl. "How'd you specifically come back so soon?" He asks confused as he looks her over.

"Well it is a mostly normal Saturday. Save for your presence. Now, answer my question! Are you somehow from the other side or are you a Watcher?" Jefferies questioned.

Jackie yelped, jumping slightly when she heard Atlas. She spun around and spotted him. "Dude! Wear a bell! Jesus, scared the hell outta me." She said, before Atlas asked his question. "I dunno. I found Blake passed out a bus stop, dragged him to my tree house cause I didn't know what to do, I look at the floor, then back up and all of a sudden he's gone and I'm here." Jackie explained.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"I don't know what you're talking about, I was just walking along then next thing I know I'm being directed by your too guards. I was brought to this fort thing and have been here since. I'm more lost then you are." He says sitting back into the chair and seeing if he can get anything else.

"Blake re-entered too but elsewhere. Two separate rifts opening that both caught you two?" Atlas looks into the tree house and ponders these findings. "Why would multiple open so specifically. If they were forced open then why appear near these two? Maybe residual energy from their last visit. Might have polarized with the weakened barriers and had a pulling effect to form around them." Atlas was ignoring Jackie as he thought this over and out loud.

Jefferies snarled. "I said don't play stupid!" He hissed. "If you don't I may end up just throwing you in a cell and forgetting about you." Jefferies said. He was honestly bluffing. Locking someone up without any real evidence that they are from the other side or a watcher? Preposterous. Not in his neighborhood. But that didn't mean he couldn't try and trick someone into thinking he would be so reckless as to break one of those important rules.

Jackie blinked as Atlas rambled. "You, Rock head! Where's Blake at?" Jackie questioned impatiently. Like before all she wanted to do was go home.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Blake was starting to feel called out but before his mind could catch up and think of a response his mouth worked.
"Don't I get an attorney? If you're gonna interrogate me I should have legal council, right?" Blake says in hopes that such a move could throw him off or delay Jefferies so he could think of a way out of this.

Atlas remembered Jackie was there as she raised her voice.
"I don't know. I was away when the first anomaly occurred nearly two hours ago but then as I was investigating a second anomaly occurred I came here. Low and behold I found you. The readings where smaller than previously and since I couldn't detect them likely they already healed. Possibly meaning they were in fact caused by your presence here or they were intentionally calculated and opened to grab you both. But why do far apart?" Atlas continued to ramble and go off on his tangents as he thought of the logistics of the situation.

Jefferies blinked. He snarled. "Why! You little! I'll-" He growled, before walking out of the room. Blake would be able to hear Jefferies throwing a tantrum out in the hall way, cursing, stomping his foot, practically screaming. After a few minutes, a silence hung in the air before the door opened. Jefferies re-entered, acting as though he hadn't just thrown a temper tantrum out in the hall. "Very well. I shall return when I've gotten your attorney." He grumbled. "Don't try anything funny while I'm gone. You're on camera." He said, indicating the security camera in the room, before leaving.

Jackie frowned. "Hey we can talk about hows and whys after we find Blake. It'd be a bad idea if we kept split up like this dude." Jackie said.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Blake couldn't help but smirk at the sounds of his tantrum outside. He would have thought these rooms would be more soundproof then this. As he gave the boy a warning and left Blake shrugged.
"What could I do in here?" He says looking to the camera.

"That is a good point. But finding him will be a problem. We should head back and do a scan. Being outsider you'll have a noticeable energy reading I can track." He puts out his hand. "If you would."

Jackie dug her phone out of her pocket. "Or we could do the easy thing and text him." Jackie said, before sending Blake a text that read 'Yo, just found Atlas, we're gonna get you and figure out why we're here again. Where are you?', before hitting send. "Now I guess we wait and see if it works." she said.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Atlas withdrew his hand and looked at the phone curiously.
"Interesting idea. I've never tried technology that uses other networks to function. If the same networks exist here as do in your world you should be able to work off them and obtain the right data." Atlas went off on his own train of thought once more.

Blake's phone buzzed. He jumped at first not realizing what it was. Reaching his hand into his pocket he felt his phone and had a realization. Noticing there was only one camera in the room he moved close under the table and twisted his seat around as he pretended to laze around.Having his head rest on his left hand as he pulled his phone out with his right he looked down and saw a text. He didn't recognize it at first but realizing it was Jackie used his thumb to quickly reply back. 'With Jefferies of all people, being interrogated at that fort thing by your place' And then hit send.

"Well sometimes it can be easier." Jackie said as her text tone went off. she checked it. "With Jefferies.... interrogated....." Jackie mumbled as she read, before her eyes widened. "OF COURSE THAT'S JEFFERIES'S PALCE! IT LOOKS LIKE A SUPER MAX PRISON AND IS RIGHT AROUND WHERE HIS HOUSE IS!" Jackie suddenly shouted. "UGH! OF COURSE IT'S THAT ASSHOLE JEFFERIES!" She shouted angrily, before sending Blake a response. It read 'K, be there in a bit.' before she hit send.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"You wouldn't by chance be referring to the Commissioner would you? Aaron Jefferies?" Atlas asks.

As Blake received his reply shortly after he peaked at it but heard the door open and quickly pocketed his phone.

"YES! HIM!" Jackie yelped. "That assholes ALWAYS spying on me. Everytime I'm walking around outside it's 'Ms. Corren, where are you going? Not causing any of our neighbors any trouble I hope.' or 'Ms. Corren, I need to check your back pack. We wouldn't want any illegal substances spreading around the neighborhood, now would we?' or 'Ms. Corren, it's passed eleven, you know your curfew is nine o' clock, shouldn't you be at home?'. I'll be out as late as I want asshole!" Jackie hissed as she ranted, occasionally using a mocking tone when she spoke as Jefferies.

"And all of this because I accidentally broke a window with a baseball when I was little!" Jackie said. "Ok it wasn't accidental, but Mr. Woods was asking for it after he kept my last baseball that went his backyard!" She rambled.

"Well, you'll be relieved, I've found you an Attorney." Jefferies said as he reentered the room. Following him was the 'attorney'. It was painfully obvious the 'attorney' was one of the two officers who'd brought him in, only wearing a suit and with their hair slicked back. "I advise you tell the commissioner everything." the 'Attorney' said, almost immediately.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"And in your world he doesn't have as much power as he does here?" Atlas asks curiously. He had noticed the amount of singularities increasing since the rather sudden appearance of this fortress. He had taken some time to see what he could of the other worlds Mr Jefferies but what he found was a similar personality on a far weaker amount of capabilities. "Intriguing."

Blake looked at the clearly dressed up guard.
"Don't I get to be given a name and card for my attorney? I'd like to know who is representing me and my right to refuse his services and represent myself if need be." Blake says in his most matter of fact voice. Truth me told he made this up as he went and pulled every cliche in the book he knew. He just hoped it was real enough or they would fall for it.

"Yeah. Dude thinks he's some kind of super cop, but no one really has any respect for him. Save for a couple of the old folks in the neighborhood." Jackie said. "But who cares about that. Let's go bust Blake outta jail!" Jackie said. "Oh! I'm gonna need my bat. gimme a sec." Jackie said, before climbing back up into her tree house. She came back down carrying her bat, and having put on an old baseball cap. "Ready when you are." She said confidently.

"But-But you were the one who requested an attorney! So I got you your attorney!" He hissed. "Is that even a rule?" Jefferies questioned. The 'Attorney' shrugged. "Beats me." He said. "Go fetch the rule book!" Jefferies barked. The 'Attorney' sighed before walking off. Jefferies sat in the chair, folding his arms across his chest and glaring at Blake. I while passed before the 'Attorney' and a second Guard arrived, carrying a ridiculously large book, which was then dropped onto the table. Jefferies pulled a pair of reading glasses out of his pocket and began to flip through the pages.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"I suppose this proves it then." Atlas lets off a heavy sigh. "I was thinking you were out of it all but now. With the fact you're both back so quickly it seems I need to go through with it."

"Well if I asked for 'my' attorney why did I get a random one?" Blake raises an eyebrow. "Plus I think saying you don't know a basic thing like that would clearly mean you're not one. At least not one with more than five minutes of training. Or in your case rehearsing." Blake couldn't believe how he was responding. Fear made him act in a strange way and it would seem like he got cocky when in trouble. The large book placed on the desk was a shock. "A book of rules? How many are in that? Got laws from across the globe?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mirrored World[Closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus